Sign in to follow this  
svirfnebli

Things I'm looking forward to in this race...

Well someone better post here, this forum is quickly dying.

You know, the family edition wasnt all THAT bad; the teams were ok, the travel wasn't great but ok, and the events were pretty fun... but what really angered me about that last race was the arrival/departure times.

In previous versions of the race it went like this:

Team 1 arrives at 12:40PM, Team 1 leaves at 12:40AM

Team 2 arrives at 1:15PM, Team 2 leaves at 1:15AM

etc...

but when it came to the family edition, only the order they arrived mattered. The times they departed were shuffled... i.e.

Team 1 arrives at 12:40PM, Team 1 leaves at 12:40AM

Team 2 arrives at 1:15PM, Team 2 leaves at 12:45AM

Team 3 arrives at 1:45PM, Team 2 leaves at 12:50AM

This bothers me, because it does not reward the first place team adequately and penilize the later teams appropriately. It actually rewards the later teams for dilly-dallying.

One of the best races in the past was when one of the teams finished over 24 hours late (Team guido I believe). They lost because they messed up and because the race didnt handicap the other teams. Thats the way it should be. If a team really screws up and shows up 5+ hours later, they should not leave within an hour of the first place team.

I Really hope the new race is the original way...

Svirf

its not dying, there is just no race on right now.

sometimes, when you check in, a predertimed checkout time is given to you.

A little more than a week to go, people!!! Excitement is building up for the traditional race we all have come to love and hate!!! Feb. 28!!! My favorite team so far is the 'James Bond' guys, BJ and Tyler. They look like they will be the most interesting team to watch.

A little more than a week to go, people!!! Excitement is building up for the traditional race we all have come to love and hate!!! Feb. 28!!! My favorite team so far is the 'James Bond' guys, BJ and Tyler. They look like they will be the most interesting team to watch.

I whole heartedly agree! A team with no emotional baggage! Go BJ&T!

svirf

I'm so excited for this race to start. I'm glad it will be back to normal. I can't wait to meet the teams.

What I am not looking forward to, are the engaged couples, and all the 'baby' this, and 'baby' that. I don't know-- some couples do it, and I hardly notice, but when some couples do it, it just grates on my nerves. Use their real names, for goodness sakes! Or come up with a more original pet name, then 'baby'!

What a dumb complaint! I guess I must be quite a fan, if that's all I can find to complain about!

What makes the whole "baby" thing even more sickening, is that "baby" this and "baby" that and I love you "baby" seems to come on very thick right after they've had a major blowout where you think one of them is about to decapitate the other.

Yes, I totally agree. Also, the long, drawn-out whiny baaabeeeeee!!!

Wonder if there will be any marriage proposals this time?