Big Brother 7: What changes would you make?

Brekkie Boy

Here's a twist that is needed badly. If a HG uses the terms "chopping block", "alliance" or "oh my god", they are immediately disqualified from the game and must reimburse CBS for room and board. Or you could just send them to "Hell House" where they are forced to listen to that awful BB song the season 1 HG's wrote, over and over and over...

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, after watching back BB2 recently, I think the following are some ways BB7 could be more enjoyable.. Just random thoughts - Sorry if someone else has covered these...

1) Get rid of the "Golden Power of Veto". I personally think it takes away too much power from the HOH - Or in the case of a back door gives too much power. The Veto should be like the Fast forward on the amazing race.. The Veto should only be available once or twice in a season. In S2, there was a whole episode pretty much dedicated to listening to the house guests, which to me is the best part - now that episode has to focus on the VETO.

2) The house is too big. The size of the house promotes groups to splinter apart (i.e. Crappys crew could all easily fit into the HOH room). I think as each guest leaves, the house/yard need to get smaller.

3) Bring back monday house meetings. I think it is important to have SOME conflict resolution in the house. I agree you need conflict between people /groups to make the show work, but it can get boring to watch several weeks of two distinct groups barely even talk to each other. This functioned very well in BB2 and this point was proven in BB6.

4) America's Choice - We should get this every week. What do the 50,000,000 weekly votes on american idol tell you? That America Loves to vote / choose the path of a show - even if in a minor way. Let us vote on anything and have a say in what goes on... Anything from "Which houseguest should receive a letter from home" to "Which houseguests should be forced to have a bath right now" Bring back this function every week please!!

5) More wacky games - Who cares if they are stupid - It's fun to watch!! Food / Lux comp challenges are great! The more embarassing the better.

6) Have a wrap show just like survivor. I like how survivor brings all the cast together and Jeff probst asks them all questions. Let Julie strut her stuff!

Svirf

Morty always tells me CBS never get good ratings for the BB finale. I don't know why, after we watch them all summer you'd think we would tune in.

Last year we never had many food competitions. I want more, make them look like idiots to amuse us. :)

Trouble with us having more voting power. Some posters would post an essay on why we all suck. :rolleyes:

Morty always tells me CBS never get good ratings for the BB finale. I don't know why, after we watch them all summer you'd think we would tune in.

I can think of two big reasons why people didn't want to watch last year's finale.

I'd love for the veto to be either:

1- not available every round

2- let veto winner choose replacement nominee. (like i've been saying for many seasons)

Recently I have watched BB2 for the very first time (I'm only on episode 10 actually), and theres a few things I've noticed and liked:

1- more food comps

2- more america choice

3- smaller HoH room

4- more luxury comps.

I also thought it was interesting how they made the HGs handwash their laundry. In addition, I completely agree the house is much too big and encourages division among the HGs. Then again who knows, I'm still annoyed at this season being all stars and tend to ramble ;)

oh! last minute thing: REUNION SHOW PLEASE :)

I have often thought that the Veto should not be available every week .. and I think that the HOH and the houseguests should NOT know before Nominations whether there will be or wont be. Last year they had a 'Veto might not be won' idea .. which never panned out because it was won. So either they need to make that harder .. or they need to just selectively not offer it .. similar to the pre-determined non elimination legs to Amazing race .. have a pre-determined non-veto week, without telling the houseguests.

Or .. have a pre-determined non eviction week .. where the houseguests vote .. the two houseguests pack their bags .. and then when Julie normally comes back to the houseguests she comes back and announces that a houseguest will not be evicted.

Now THAT would shock the houseguests especially if they thought they were rid of someone .. only to find out, that they weren't .. it would be especially wonderful if that person then won HOH.

I'm a bit disappointed really this season will be an All Stars edition - IMO that means the main twists will again just come from the casting rather than the actual format of the show.

So if I was in charge, Big Brother 7 would be a little different. It be 13 new houseguests, all strangers - and one twisted format.

I've posted some of these ideas here before, and some are reworkings of twists we've had here in the UK version of Big Brother - but to show how they'd work in a season I've put them all together in a basic outline of how a seriously twisted Big Brother 7 would work!

BIG BROTHER 7: SERIOUSLY TWISTED

13 houseguests, three months and one twisted summer

You have some really great ideas but personally I don't like the idea of losing $100,000 each time the veto is used.

One twist that I think might be fun is to have a special HOH competition. The houseguests would do the HOH competition just like they always do but the twist would be announced after the competition is completed.

The top two finishers in the competition would be placed on the chopping block AND no veto for the week.

This would work great a few weeks into the season. It may only work once but it would be fun to see the shock on everyone's faces when they are told about the twist.

Well, as explained the Veto idea is to stop the back door being used every week - and it also tests alliances! Would you save an allie and risk upsetting everyone else?

As for your HoH twist - it needs a bit more work. I don't like the idea of BB outright lying - there is a difference between lying and not telling the truth!

A simple way around it would be to have them compete in groups of three for HoH - with them being told the final group of three will compete for HoH.

What they don't know though is when the HoH is known, the other members of the winning group become the nominees.

Well, after watching back BB2 recently, I think the following are some ways BB7 could be more enjoyable.. Just random thoughts - Sorry if someone else has covered these...

1) Get rid of the "Golden Power of Veto".

2) The house is too big.

3) Bring back monday house meetings.

4) America's Choice - We should get this every week.

5) More wacky games.

6) Have a wrap show just like survivor.

Svirf

Taking each one in turn

1 - Yes and no. There definately needs to be a change to the Veto - of former methods I'd say the BB4 Veto was best with all HMs competing for the Golden Veto. One thing I've suggested is that the Veto should be linked to the jackpot, which begins at $1m - but everytime the Veto is used, $100,000 is wiped off it. Therefore it would close the back door (or at least make it costly to open!) - and also test trust and alliances in the house.

2 - Interesting you say that as it's the route BBUK has gone - making houses progressively smaller so HMs are more confined, have less privacy and can't get away from each other, provoking more confrontation. The BBUSA house definately needs to change - despite the move last year the house basically kept the same layout with a small minor changes (BBUK and BBAUS change the layout annually!).

3 - It's upto the houseguests to decide about that - Big Brother should only be concerned about the rules of the game, not the rules of the house.

4 - More AC's though would mean more pathetic questions. Bring back some real power - for example linking in with your Veto, let the viewers decide who wins the Veto, or which nominee - if any - get's Vetod. Even better, if the Veto is used, let the viewers vote for the replacement nominee.

5 - Not sure about "wacky" - but they need the competitions to be more original, especially the flagship HoH comps. Majority rules needs to be banned - as does any competition which ends on a tie-break!

6 - The final is always an anti-climax. As I said in my "seriously twisted" thread, I think the Jury should move back into the house for the last few days to make the finalists beg for their votes (and make the last few days a bit more interesting!). This would create enough footage for a two hour show!

The interviews with Julie are never that brilliant anyway (from what I've seen, the Early Show interviews seem to go into more depth) - but we hardly get two words out of the finalists.

It's suppose to be lockdown for 2 months, not a party. Someone should tell the producers to ditch the hot tubs, swimming pool, gym equipment, "real food" and every other object that might entertain these people. They should be asking wardens and drill sargeants to apply instead of wanna be actors and no chance in hell models. JMO :)

they need to install peanut butter and jelly again it would stirr up relationships and cause more conflict. the 6 finger plan or whatever its name is good if your favorite isnt involve i rather they just get rid of it cause it was heavenly abuse last season. more twist like if you choose this you lose this.

Do you all think more people from BB6 and some from BB5 will be on BB All Stars because we will remember them more because those seasons just passed?

I just don't remember many people from the first BBs.. they were just so long ago.

Just wondering if you all think they have an advantage of getting in the house.

And do you all think that alliances will be made based on what seasons they come from? It's posible, people may want to prove their season had the best players. I don't know.

naturally people remember the season that just past. the alliances will probably be based on their season but every one will deny it. i see this season being like the last with a big division from the start.

Do you all think more people from BB6 and some from BB5 will be on BB All Stars because we will remember them more because those seasons just passed?

No. No I don't. Six seasons, 12 players. Logic tells me CBS would like 2 from each season. And if the voting doesn't accomplish that, CBS will accomplish it.

Guest StarBaby

I really hope it is a mix -- two from each season would be great. I think if there are too many from BB6, it will be too predictable and boring.

I believe I read somewhere that CBS is reserving the right to place have of them - so they do have the ability to be heavy handed with it - and I think they should, otherwise the deck would be stacked with the more recent seasons.

Archived