Sign in to follow this  
mikede

Terry Deitz

I admire physical strength more than the "friends" aspect, as long as the physical dominance includes problem analysis and doesn't include brutish behaviour. Terry was decent enough that I could resoect his challenge success. Would have like to see him be the survivor.

Ok, we all like to do a little "Monday Morning Quarterbacking". To me, it's part of the fun of the reality shows.

One of the points raised in this thread is whether Terry should have used the immunity idol. Of course, we have the luxury of looking at the entire picture now and if he had used it right when the tribes merged, he could have changed the entire game. But at the time he had no way of expecting that he would win 5 challenges in a row. In fact, the odds were against him doing that. And let's consider something else as well. At the live show, Jeff asked who would have voted for Terry had he been in the final 2. He got all but 2 votes. By the way he played the game, holding on to the idol, other people removed his competition from the game for him thus allowing him to remain in good favor with them enough so that they would vote him to win.

Oh well, it's all moot at this point. But I will give the guy his due. He was a tough competitor. Good player.

Ok, we all like to do a little "Monday Morning Quarterbacking". To me, it's part of the fun of the reality shows.

One of the points raised in this thread is whether Terry should have used the immunity idol. Of course, we have the luxury of looking at the entire picture now and if he had used it right when the tribes merged, he could have changed the entire game. But at the time he had no way of expecting that he would win 5 challenges in a row. In fact, the odds were against him doing that. And let's consider something else as well. At the live show, Jeff asked who would have voted for Terry had he been in the final 2. He got all but 2 votes. By the way he played the game, holding on to the idol, other people removed his competition from the game for him thus allowing him to remain in good favor with them enough so that they would vote him to win.

Oh well, it's all moot at this point. But I will give the guy his due. He was a tough competitor. Good player.

Hut One..Hut Two...Hike....

Terry would have gotten all but two of the votes because Miss Ed was disliked a TON.

And although WE had no way of expecting him to win 5 IC's, Terry sure did. Who in Cassaya would have beaten him? Aras? But if he used the idol when they first merged, Aras would have been gone. It could have possibly played out that Austin could have been more of a threat, but I thought he had too much of a man-crush on Terry.

But I totally agree, he was a great competitor and if they choose to bring back someone in the next Survivor, I hope it's Terry...although I think he woud be great at designing the challenges...or showing them how it's done!!

I live in Iowa, and they always talk to Rory Freeman ( anyone remember him), from a previous Survivor. He said that there were rumors of another Survivor All-stars, but it would only include those who didn't make it to the jury.

In a way, that's good, because is would give those we didn't get to see as much of, anyother chance, but the bad part is, that we really don't get to know who are favorites are till they've been around for awhile. This would rule out some favorites. And probaby bring back that one lady -- the singer --- who didn't get picked for a tribe, and never even got to play. Wanda???? Do we want to see her back??

I don't know if there's any validity to this -- it's just what Rory said on our local morning news show. Anyone else heard anything?

i commend him on surviving the elements out there and kicking ass in the challenges but i dunno i didnt like his cockiness its like hes trying to be the next tom

Haven't heard anything about another All-stars. But I think casting only non-jury members would be a nice change.

terry was definetly the alpha male of the season i dont think shane could handle it while he was on the island during the merge