Sign in to follow this  
mikede

Terry Deitz

pic_terry.jpg

hdr_terry.jpg

his mother, Peggy and father, George. He has three brothers, Mickey, Skip and Tommie, and one sister, Pegi.

Deitz attended St. Joseph's Grammar School in Keyport, New Jersey, where he played little league baseball, football and basketball. He was also an avid swimmer and a member of the dive team. He then attended St. John Vianney High School in Holmdel, New Jersey, where he earned 11 Varsity letters in football (quarterback), baseball (catcher) and wrestling. He received All County and All Conference awards and made All-State Baseball 1st Team. In addition, he was Varsity Captain for three sports.

From 1978 to 1982, Deitz attended the United States Naval Academy. While there, he played four years of Varsity Division I baseball. In 1982, he was ordered to the USS Enterprise aircraft carrier as a Ship's Officer in the Weapons Department, where he handled ship's defense systems. He was also Officer of the Deck qualified, which enabled him to run the ship for the Captain on a four-hour watch rotation.

In 1984, Deitz was ordered to the US Navy flight school in Pensacola, Florida, where he learned to fly a Navy T-34 turbo prop. He earned jet grades and was sent to Meridian, Mississippi for T-2 and T-A4 advanced jet training. After he obtained his Navy wings, he was ordered to NAS Miramar in San Diego, California, for training in the F-14 Tomcat. In 1986, he began flying the F-14. In 1987, he was a pilot with the Fighter Squadron-51 (Miramar/Deployed on the USS Carl Vinson CVN-70).

Deitz met his wife, Trish, six days before his last six-month cruise. They had three dates, and then he went away for six months. They eventually married on October 5, 1991.

From 1990-1992, Deitz conducted shore duty as an F-14 Instructor pilot. In 1992, married life with family aspirations triggered his decision to leave the active duty Navy.

He was honorably discharged from active Navy and entered Navy reserve. He was then hired by American Airlines as a commercial pilot. In 1994, he and his family moved from San Diego to Simsbury, Connecticut to be able to fly out of New York and Boston. While employed as a commercial pilot, he was also hired by the Naval Reserve Logistics Squadron-52 where he flew the DC-9 worldwide out of the Navy air station in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania. He was later promoted to Commander and eventually retired in April 2001.

Deitz presently resides in Simsbury, Connecticut with Trish and their children, Kayla and Daniel. He continues to fly with American Airlines, piloting the Airbus A300. His birth date is October 10, 1959.

Yeah---I was afraid we were gonna get a Cappy clone---this guy seems pretty genuine.

And why was it the older people were the only ones doing any work last night? The younger girls were just wandering around aimlessly and the younger guys were trying to meditate power into their hands.

all in the generation that you grew up in i guess

Older = wiser

Plus the older one wo' be wantin tae PROVE their abilities!

I have to say I'm rooting for the older guys as well. I wanted to root for the older ladies, but then they made the bone-headed move of voting off their strength right off the bat!

zzzzzzzzzz

What? Are you chopping down some trees? On one of those working vacations with Bush clearing the brush? :lol:

What? Are you chopping down some trees? On one of those working vacations with Bush clearing the brush? :lol:

please keep your post about terry please

please keep your post about terry please

Well, your ZZZZ's told me you where bored. I thought I'd try to amuse you. SHEESH! :lol:

I already rooted for Terry when his name was Tom. Next

Surprise!!! Terry Found the Idol .. .. ...

Gawd could they make Terry's clue any easier?? I swear the clue as really, "Hey, MB has $1,000 riding on you being this season's survivor...go dig under a rock...but we're not going to tell you it's the rock underneath the tree that's shaped like a Y right behind you..."

However, I did like his little paraphrase from "Shawshank Redemption". I don't know if it was him or the editting. Like the story and movie, I'm still not really rooting for him. Why is that?? :huh:

Im not either, so dont feel alone. I think weve just seen this before, and its trite. I liked Terry the first time he was on when his name was Tom. And now he has the immunity idol and is the leader of his tribe. He gonna win, i just know it, and this gonna be so boring. .. .. ;/

Smart lady there Francis... :D I hope that they wouldn't do another Tom winner for a while...

I thought Tom was cool. Maybe he didn't appear so arrogant because others on his tribe were pretty bad by comparison. There's just something smarmy about him and I can't fugure out why.

I'm thinking because Sally doesn't feel safe with him, that if they both make it to the merge, she'll turn on him. I don't think Terry or Dan really made great impressions on Bruce and Shane when they were together. I think Master Bruce and Shane knew Terry and Dan were a couple...thus a heavy voting alliance. Given the opportunity the group will vote him out.

Although I'd rather see do-ers win, I don't like him.

Can this guy get anymore Cocky about himself. Standing on Exile Island, talking about how his tribe probably is almost dying without him there to tell them exactly how much to eat and drink. Give me a damn break you blowhard

Unfortunately...Ausin and Nick do need him.

I, however, do not!! Go Home Tom Wannabe!!! :angry:

Unfortunately...Ausin and Nick do need him.

I, however, do not!! Go Home Tom Wannabe!!! :angry:

Right!! I think he is the reason why i am so Pro Casaya, well that and Cirie

Yup, here's another guy who thinks to much of himself, and its getting old fast. As Francis_3 said the Tom wannabe can go home any time now!!!

THIS GUY!!

GRRRR, i wish he would have gotten the votes. Then he had to get rid of that damn idol. DOWN WITH TERRY

Favorite Blowhard Quote of the night: Regaurding Dan being voted out. "it was a managerial decision"