Sign in to follow this  
mikede

Melinda Hyder

pic_melinda.jpg

hdr_melinda.jpg

Melinda Hyder was born and raised in Elizabethton, Tennessee. She has one sister, Regina, and is proud to point out that her parents, Richard and Carol, were high school sweethearts and have been married for 44 years. Hyder began singing in church at the age of four. She trained in ballet, tap, jazz and gymnastics for 12 years. She attended classes and taught at the Watt Dance Studio in Elizabethton.

Hyder graduated with honors in music and math from Elizabethton High School. She then attended East Tennessee State University in Johnson City on a full vocal scholarship and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in music. While in college, she performed with the music groups 10BucsWorth, Chorale and Women's Ensemble.

After college, Hyder entertained at Six Flags over Georgia for two years. She then toured Europe while performing on a cruise ship. She also spent six years performing at Dollywood (often times with Dolly Parton). In addition, she has worked as a real estate agent, private vocal coach, dance instructor, pageant coach and model.

Hyder describes herself as vivacious, competitive and compassionate. Her hobbies include creative home decorating, collecting Marilyn Monroe memorabilia, watching CBS soap operas and jogging.

Currently single, Hyder resides in Sevierville, Tennessee, with her Pomeranian, Lexi. Her birth date is May 23, 1973.

She is lame and boring....

Thumbs down...

Hey, you got your Next Nashville Star in my Survivor...no, you got your Survivor in my Next Nashville Star...

That's all I kept hearing everytime she popped up on the screen.

Was it me or did Jeff kind of want her out, too? Calling her out for just standing there during the competition. Bad Propst!!

she could have at least made it look like she was trying to figure that thing out

An they make fun o MY accent?Och!

LOL ST I sound just like her when I talk out loud... hehe as long as it isn't the voices in my head, I have a very strong southern accent... If I typed the way I talk no-one would understand me...

i liked her to bad they voted her out i think she and someothers that i like could have going fur

LOL ST I sound just like her when I talk out loud... hehe as long as it isn't the voices in my head, I have a very strong southern accent... If I typed the way I talk no-one would understand me...

B)

If I typed li' I RRRREALLY soond nooooone wo' e'errrrr underrrrrrstand me!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

"Master Plan" Sinks Survivor's Melinda

by Allison Corneau

060216insider3.jpg

Melinda Hyder, Survivor: Panama

After CBS' Survivor: Panama

ugh she bugged me plus she was really annoying in her post interviews she was kinda like a twila type to me but worse oh well i agree she took up extra space she was a snooze glad she is gone

Source: Reality TV Magazine

'Survivor' Alums Appear On 'Guiding Light'

guiding_light.jpg

'Survivor' meets 'Guiding Light'

Former "Survivor" cast members Melinda Hyder and Cirie Fields will appear on the soap opera, "Guiding Light," on Thursday, June 22 (check local listings) when they stroll into the fictitious town of Springfield for a day.

From "Survivor: Panama -- Exile Island," Melinda Hyder will play a waitress at the restaurant, Company, and has scenes with Justin Deas, who plays Buzz Cooper. Cirie Fields will play an internal affairs officer who has scenes with Ricky Paull Goldin, who portrays Gus Aitoro.

Cirie Fields finished third in this past season's "Survivor" and was the winner of "America's Vote for the GMC Yukon." She is a nurse and resides in South Carolina. Melinda lives in Tennessee and once sang at Dollywood. She was the second "Survivor" to be voted off.

"Guiding Light" is broadcast weekdays (check local listings) on the CBS Television Network and is a Procter & Gamble Production. "Guiding Light" was nominated for a "Daytime Emmy Award" for Outstanding Drama Series in 2006.