Sign in to follow this  
mikede

Aras Baskausas

LMAO Flo...It really wasn't funny that he hurt himself...But, I couldn't help but to snicker a little that he busted his ass!

Guest StarBaby

Good one Flo! I laughed so hard when he fell -- I know, that's mean. But it was so funny.

That fall was hilarious. Yeah he was hurt but he was a bit over dramatric with his dizzy spell. I'm glad he won though. IMO he deserved it because he had the right balance of physical ability and brains to play.

i sooooooooo liked aras better with a beard and the hair in the mohawk do!

i'll grudgingly give you congrats.....but don't speak of integrity..........i hate when winners say they played with "integrity"! no you didn't! you can't really go on survivor and not lie, cheat and steal!!!! (figure of speech people!) integrity is thrown out the window when you join up for survivor! we all know it, so quit throwing that word around! but congrats anyway for beating danielle........like THAT was a hard one!! HAHAHA

Out of the two, I'm glad Aras won. The entire "integrity" arguement has gotten out of hand. Because you have to have a majority of people on your side once the merge happens, you will always have to start voting off those that you had a bond with, because it comes down to the FINAL 2...not final four or six or whatever.

Good for Aras. He was the only one of the Cassaya tribe to really push for the immunity during the challenges and didn't rest on his collective ass.

Congrats Aras, I am very happy he won, out of the final four, he was my second choice (after Cirie) so I am very happy !

I thought it was funny as hell that Phil told Aras to be sure "AND PAY YOUR TAXES...refering to "The Streak"... Richard Hatch NOT paying his...LOL

What a disappointing ending to a boring season. The final 2 were both non-players. Had no personality, nothing special about either of them. Notice that until today, the last post about Aras was April 29th. Dull, dull, dull.

And although I'm in the minority here, I think Danielle deserved to win more. Aras never had to worry each week about getting voted out. He was so safely tucked into his alliance. Danielle on the other hand, almost got the boot about 3 weeks in a row. She had some dancing to do to save her ass. And it worked. Got her into the finals. Aras had it easy the entire time.

I'm so glad Aras won. Especially over Terry & Danielle. But I must say, I definetly loved the faux-hawk & scruffy look, over the clean-shaved, subdued hair due that he sported at the reunion. He's was pretty much gorgeous with the scruff...i was kind-of disappointed come reunion time.

Well my prediction of a Terry vs Cerie show down was blown out of the water 15 minutes into the 2 hour finally.

I was very surprised Aras won. The build up to the end was suggesting something very different, and it becomes a let down when the really interesting players loose. I know the producers don't control the outcome of the game, but I think they should have edited the show in a way so winner and runner up are more compelling in some way. Maybe it is was just me not paying closer attention to Aras as a player. Terry, Cerie, and Shane were this season stars. Aras will likely be like several other past winner who become hard to remember as time passes. But hell, he's got the 1 million so he's happy, WTF does he care if people remember him or not. :)

I agree that it was a lame ending to a dull season. Aras who? He did nothing but complain about losing to Terry the whole time. Integrity, sure. Except when he lied to Shane, and treated Bruce like a child, and threatened Danielle to take him to the final 2, and cried about Terry being stronger. Ok. I was done when Cirie and Terry were both ejected from the game. I didn't care at that point.

people55x23.jpg

'Survivor' Winner to Pay Off Dad's Mortgage

by Stephen M. Silverman and Cynthia Wang

aras_baskauskas.jpg

Aras Baskauskas

Aras Baskauskas, who won the $1 million prize on "Survivor: Panama ~ Exile Island" on Sunday, May 14, is already figuring out how to spend his new fortune. "(I'll) pay off Pop's mortgage," he told People on Monday, referring to his dad. "I am also looking for people interested in going with me on a yoga retreat."

Baskauskas, a 24-year-old yoga instructor from Santa Monica, California, said he also planned to use his money to go to Sri Lanka this summer to do some charitable work, open his own yoga studio and "just stay grounded."

After becoming the twelfth winner of the long-running CBS reality show, Baskauskas told CBS.com that he felt "awesome." Offering advice to future Survivor players, he said, "The more real you can be out there, the more successful you'll be at it."

final_two.jpg

Aras Baskauskas and Danielle DiLorenzo

Baskauskas, who briefly played professional basketball in Lithuania, edged out Danielle DiLorenzo, a 24-year-old medical sales representative from Boston whom host Jeff Probst had called one of "the weakest players who've ever played the game."

Still, during the two-hour finale she managed to win the final immunity challenge

What a disappointing ending to a boring season. The final 2 were both non-players. Had no personality, nothing special about either of them. Notice that until today, the last post about Aras was April 29th. Dull, dull, dull.

And although I'm in the minority here, I think Danielle deserved to win more. Aras never had to worry each week about getting voted out. He was so safely tucked into his alliance. Danielle on the other hand, almost got the boot about 3 weeks in a row. She had some dancing to do to save her ass. And it worked. Got her into the finals. Aras had it easy the entire time.

I agree with you so no more minority for you!!

Welcome to the big league!! :lol:

Usually they look so much better all cleaned up, but Aras looked like some brat at a prep school. Ewww! Grow back the scruffy beard, and mess up the hair!

hated the faux mohawk so for me any change in style had to be better. I's weird that he spouts peace and love, but came across as petty. oh well, better him than Danielle, I suppose.

he had his molments with me but i liked him. He could be a greedy little bastard at times but you gotta love that survivor spirit.

another thing i wasnt too impressed with his faux cutt you shouldnt be worrying about your hair or your style out on the island im suprised he didnt make a hat out of pom fronds and seashells to make him look like von dutch the fact that he wanted to make him self a fuax cut makes him look like a jackass. I dont beleive for one second shes an actor either