Sign in to follow this  
mikede

Aras Baskausas

pic_aras.jpg

hdr_aras.jpg

Aras Baskauskas completed his undergraduate program in three years and earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy from the University of California, Irvine. In 2003, he was named one of UC Irvine's "Most Eligible Bachelors" in the student newspaper.

Baskauskas continued his education at UC Irvine and graduated from the Graduate School of Management, where he received his Masters in Business Administration. He is proudest of being the only student to have played NCAA Men's Division One basketball on scholarship while in the MBA program.

Baskauskas is a former professional basketball player, having played briefly overseas in Lithuania. After leaving the court, Aras moved to Capetown, South Africa, where he opened up a donation-based yoga studio. He currently works as a yoga instructor in Santa Monica, California. His hobbies include meditation, golf and surfing. He describes himself as outgoing, compassionate and genuine.

Baskauskas is currently single and living in Santa Monica, California. His birth date is September 26, 1981.

what was up with that hand thing??

i wish i were on an island with him and austin

Hes still almost the cutest guy ever, almost

He lost me tonight! Don't like him anymore and I so wanted to, but he's just a jerk. He's "on notice" with me too!!

I'm totally indifferent to Aras, at this time. But, I didn't have the same reaction at all that you all are having.

In the past there have been alliances that were in "power" and became snide, arrogant, rude, catty, etc. But, I didn't get that sense with Aras... I felt more like he just wanted to be honest and up front with everyone... have no secrets and not blindside anyone. Good strategy?? Who knows but, probably not. To me Aras trying to be honest and open was not an awful thing... maybe the execution of his intent was off but, I just didn't get the "nasty" vibe from last night.

I'm more than willing to see what happens here... cause I could be waaay wrong... LOL

I thought his wording was a bit off, but I think I know what he was trying to do. He should have said "in my opinion, we need to vote off our physically weakest tribe member. That's either you or you. Plead your case..." He could have said that because the older ladies lost two immunity missions, they were the obvious choice. That way, they could have pointed out that Shane was not really more physically fit than they were. And have a discussion.

Or maybe he should have held his hand over them and used "the force". :P

I thought his wording was a bit off, but I think I know what he was trying to do. He should have said "in my opinion, we need to vote off our physically weakest tribe member. That's either you or you. Plead your case..." He could have said that because the older ladies lost two immunity missions, they were the obvious choice. That way, they could have pointed out that Shane was not really more physically fit than they were. And have a discussion.

Or maybe he should have held his hand over them and used "the force". :P

physically weakest tribe members? By what did they determine this? Didn't their team go through TWO "MALES" under water trying to lift that chest before a girl had to get in and help??? They weren't THAT far behind in the challenges so Melinda and Cirie certainly DIDN"T hold them back.

In the past there have been alliances that were in "power" and became snide, arrogant, rude, catty, etc. But, I didn't get that sense with Aras... I felt more like he just wanted to be honest and up front with everyone... have no secrets and not blindside anyone. Good strategy?? Who knows but, probably not. To me Aras trying to be honest and open was not an awful thing... maybe the execution of his intent was off but, I just didn't get the "nasty" vibe from last night.

He may have just been trying to be honest, but did he give them an honest reason? He may not have sounded snide, arrogant, rude or catty but you know there was only ONE reason why they wanted to get rid of those two first. Just cuz they didnt' say the words, doesn't make it less mean.

physically weakest tribe members? By what did they determine this? Didn't their team go through TWO "MALES" under water trying to lift that chest before a girl had to get in and help??? They weren't THAT far behind in the challenges so Melinda and Cirie certainly DIDN"T hold them back.

He may have just been trying to be honest, but did he give them an honest reason? He may not have sounded snide, arrogant, rude or catty but you know there was only ONE reason why they wanted to get rid of those two first. Just cuz they didnt' say the words, doesn't make it less mean.

i agreed aras and shane just up big time by what they sayed now i dont know about them <_<

i have to say ON NOTICE too. <_<

Ok Aras, Your Off Notice, With A Warning!!!!!

I have been rooting for him until tonight. He is so rude, cocky, arrogant, and mean to Mr. Miagi (sp) He ain't nobody's daddy. :angry:

yeah, i think Aras is starting to get a little to sure of himself, especially wanting to get Bruce voted out because of personal problems, and trying to convince the rest its a tribal problem.

Back On Notice!

Okay, I missed A TON on last night, but remind me again...Wasn't Aras in the Young Men Tribe, too? Why was Bobby a flipping threat and not Aras?

Aras has always been on notice, cocky little snot!

Most likely cause in his present tribe Aras was in the majoritu, and Bobby in the minority

Okay, I missed A TON on last night, but remind me again...Wasn't Aras in the Young Men Tribe, too? Why was Bobby a flipping threat and not Aras?

Aras has always been on notice, cocky little snot!

Because Aras is in an alliance with Shane, Courtney and Danielle

After the voting, it appears that alliance is about done...

yeah, i think Aras is starting to get a little to sure of himself, especially wanting to get Bruce voted out because of personal problems, and trying to convince the rest its a tribal problem.

Back On Notice!

I agree he is getting way to sure of himself, its like he already knows he is going to the finals, although hes ok to look at, I think he is going to go soon, people are going to see how stupid he is being and get rid of him, and I cant say I would mind.

After the voting, it appears that alliance is about done...

No I doubt that, guaranteed Shane voted for Aras only so he didn't have to break his promise to Bobby. He told the girls that he swore on his kids the only way to keep his word to both Bobby and Bruce was to vote for someone else.

He was pimpin it! Cirie on one arm, and Danielle on the other

You are a hypocritical JERK and you should go home...

it wasnt just him, it was the whole tribe. and it was real funny! lol

Does this guy do anything? He's so lame. Does anyone else see a slight resemblance to josh duhamel in him? Obviously not as hot though. :lol:

AND THE SOLE SURVIVOR IS...ARAS!!!

I'm soooooo glad Danielle didn't win...

**Doing a jiggy dance** :D:D...because she didn't win!!

Aras's Mimosa really was "on the rocks" even though he had no ice!

And he wondered why he suddenly fell on the same rocks he had been negotiating for weeks on end!

Too much champagne Aras and too little orange juice!