Sign in to follow this  
nebartist

Fran and Barry

This team is a little iffy with me. On one end I like them, because they're really supportive of each other. He didn't blame her because she thought she could put the motorcycle together, which is a nice change. But at the same time, I don't think they'll last long, since they're not as athletic as the other teams. Not entirely sure how I feel about this team yet.

From the clips they showed in the beginning, I don't think atletecism is their biggest concern. I mean, they didn't get anymore winded than anyone else in Denver where the altitude bothered most of them. I think that their inability to find the clue box that they walked past 4 times is the kind of thing thats going to hurt them. As I said in the discussion thread, shades of Gretchen and Meridith. They have to be mentally quicker, and thats what they thought was going to be their strong suite.

They don't seem as sweet as G&M were. Although I like all of the remaining teams, I'm ready for them to go.

Nobody will Top Gretchen and Meredith. . . .lol

I really like these two. You have to give the props for climbing up that rope! That sure didn't look easy. I'm so glad after all their hard work, and bad luck, that they weren't last! B)

I have no doubt that for people their age, these two are in good physical condition. After watching her struggle so hard on those ropes, I'm worried that they aren't in good enough shape to tackle too many of these challenges. Both legs so far they have made the wrong choice when it comes to choosing a task.

i couldnt believe they chose that!!! David and Lori wouldnt have made it

I think they were kind of scared to take the ethanol challenge, because the motorcycle one went so badly. I think they thought it would be much harder, and more complicated, with little instructions. I think if they had realized that it was more of a waiting challenge, than a mental one., they would have done it in a heartbeat.

That's part of the game though. You really don't know which choice will be the better one for you.

Hearing that she is a recent cancer survivor, I think Fran is purposely choosing challenges that are tougher. Good for them. I think, although it will cost them $$ in the end, completing the harder tasks are more reward than money can buy.

I do think they are hanging by a thread, but I'm starting to warm up more to them.

Hi all

this is my first time posting on this board.

I always find myself rooting for the "old" people! i hate seeing them go home! in survivor too!!!!

What do you all think of Fran and Barry? am i the only one who likes them?

I don't dislike these two but watching them is starting to disturb me. The first night when they did their intros, I thought this just might be the active, high spirited older couple that would really make waves.

Again, I was wrong.

Am I the only one that is seeing a trend with the "older" contestants? They seem to do ok with the big stuff, its the simple stuff they have trouble with (waterfall climbing an exception). They kept walking right past the clue box on that bridge the other night, Gretchen and Meridith did something very similar looking for a clue box outside a building. The doll task is going to be time consuming but its also a simple, methodical task....just like searching the cases was for Gretchen. Yet they seem totally mindboggled and frustrated, almost hopeless, standing there wringing their hands and shaking their heads. I don't know, it just seems like they lose all sense of logic. Maybe this just scares me because I'm not THAT far behind them in years. Could it be that they tire more easily and things seem so much more daunting?

They've got spirit, I just don't think that's going to be enough.

They always seem to be looking around at everyone else rather than working on their task. I hope they continue to beat the odds and stay in the game a little longer. They are nice people. I would also like to see more that one "Old" couple in each race. How about half the teams 40 and younger and the other half over 40.

Bring Back Gretchen & Meredith!!!

It does get frustrating to watch, when they seem like they're giving up on something so simple. All that dancing and music would have really bugged me though. It was getting on my nerves, just watching tv. I don't know if I could have zoned it out!

But yeah, just like Gretchen was, with the cases... don't fret and worry, and stress out -- just keep going. Get a system and keep looking. It just seems like they want to give up, and they ought to know by now, that it ain't over, till it's over!

Unfortunately I'm not suprised. I worked with him for many years and find his frustration and ability to give up unchanged. He is a very intelligent man, but always seemed to "throw his hands in the air" when things got difficult and waited for someone else to take over. :blink: Fran was very good a doing that for him which is still evident by watching the shows. I wish them all the best, although I'm not sure they will be able to make the right choices to keep them in the game.

I can't stand watching them.

Their senile mistakes frustrate and annoy me to no end.

I can't wait for them to be eliminated.

Remember, someday you too will be old! It happens to ALL, if you live long enough. Just food for thought.

Yeah... and?

Hell I know I'm gonna be senile when I get old... doesn't mean it's still not frustrating/annoying as hell to watch on tv .

I wonder if Fran and Gretchen are related...

Remember, someday you too will be old! It happens to ALL, if you live long enough. Just food for thought.

Yep, that's what scares me mo. Like I said, I'm not THAT far behind Fran and Barry. What bugs me the most is that I would think that with their age and life experience, they have faced much greater and more daunting obstacles in life. That being the case, they should be able to look at some of these tasks, like the dolls, and use some logic in how to go about getting thru it as fast as possible and not collapsing in despair the minute they walk in the room.

the music they were playing while they were doing the task was pretty annoying. I always want the old people to be there at the end because it would be nice to see an old people team win. I dont know there just kinda there i dont really have a opinion on them thought it was dumb for them not to notice the clue box but thats just me

Nice back up job Parnelli!! They didn't even stop to pick up the glass after....

SUV TRASHING LITTERBUGS!!! There's like $3000 bucks damage, and that was just to the tree... the SUV is a write off...