Sign in to follow this  
nebartist

BJ and Tyler

I'm think I'm alone in this opinion, but I'm soooo happy Team Ta-Taw is still in it!! :D

I didn't know one of their many languages was Lake-Speak. How funny.

Is it me or is BJ starting to show signs of wear? Maybe Tyler is just louder, but it seems that BJ is cracking a little. I hope I'm wrong. I thought it good to hear the sincerity in Tyler (and Yo's) voice when talking about how tired BJ was while digging. My heart went out to him when they showed him falling on the sand pile.

As an optimistic cynic, I really hope Ta-Taw will show the world that karma really does exist. They have been so nice to everyone (not just other racers) and have shown nothing but awe and appreciation for other countries and cultures. If karma does exist, these two will be back in the lead soon. My husband says as hippies, they should be fine with nothing but the clothes on their backs, but I hope they get a little karma boost soon. If not to get them the million dollars, just to return the smile on BJ's face.

What does Ta-Taw mean???

It seems that someone said early in the season that they speak 5 languages. Seeing the respect that they have for everyone and everything around them, its my guess that even if they aren't fluent in a particular language, they would probably take the time to learn the simplest phrases like please and thank you. If for no other reason than just simple courtesy.

I noticed too that Yolanda is another who doesn't seem to make language an issue. When she approaches someone and they don't speak English, at least she says ok thank you; unlike someone we all know and love who would spout something like, dadgumit! why dont these foreigners speak English.

BJ gave up on that challenge even before he began... Then proceeded to act like a baby throughout the whole thing... SUCK IT UP...

I woulda been digging like a rabid dog!!

i don't think BJ was digging deep enough, from the start. I would have had a hard time attacking this challenge with any type of enthusiasm too, though. Digging in the hot sand, on a hot day--miserable. But the other teams did seem to have better attitudes. I don't think it was just bad luck though -- I bet he missed an oven or two, because he didn't dig far enough.

I said this on another thread -- I understand their frustration in the airport when everyone played dumb. They probably wouldn't have liked this either, but I think it would have been better if the other teams had just said that they didn't want to share their information. It is a game, and the goal is to not be last, so if you help the team that is in last place, it might mean putting yourself there. I think they would have understood, and probably respected that response more than the 'I dunno' act.

I think these are absolutely the BEST ones to have to beg for money. You just know they are going to make that entertaining too!

Anyone else think BJ looks like Jesus?

BJ gave up on that challenge even before he began... Then proceeded to act like a baby throughout the whole thing... SUCK IT UP...

I woulda been digging like a rabid dog!!

:lol: I thought he was taking naps at each mound

How much do I LOVE these hippies? They really are proving the theory of karma. It's only 15 minutes into "The Amazing Race" here on the West Coast and they've managed to equal the other teams while still giving a lift to a generous Bedouin and befriending someone in the airport.

I don't think the other two mean-spirited teams 'get' that you can compete, enjoy the experience along the way and still be nice to the locals and other contestants. The thing I don't like about the hippies is how many times they 'follow' other teams but I guess that might be a smart strategy. If the hippies get eliminated down the line, my second pick would be Ray and Yolanda.

I already saw that Fran and Barry leave tonight which makes me a bit sad because they are such a nice couple and even pretty good competitors for their age. I know they could outdo me on a good day. I'm just glad they had fun along the way and also managed to win one challenge to add to their adventure.

I agree about the Karma thing. Picking up the hitchhiker was priceless. "I'm from the Desert" "You're from the desert, wow... I'm from New Jersey!" I don't know why that cracked me up, but it did, lol. What do MoJo have against them anyways? Unless the Hippies get this attitude ONLY on TV, and not when they're not being recorded... but then you'd think the other teams wouldn't like them?

I can understand E&J not leaving money, because they are competitive, far more competitive than MoJo. But Mojo saying what they did, I don't know. I never liked them before this, but they're just reinforcing me to not like their personality instead of just the fact that they're boring.

I love these guys more and more every episode. I was so worried picking up the hitchhiker would make them miss the flight, but they made it and the looks on everyones faces was just priceless!!

I really hope they take down MoJo, they are immature brats who should go home (and you can throw the frat boys in there too)!!

I haven't watched the episode yet.. just saw the previews.

So the hippies haven't done anything to barbie and ken to get all the hate?

They probably just don't like them b/c they're not stuck up baby snobs like they are.

They probably just don't like them b/c they're not stuck up baby snobs like they are.

Not that's been seen. The Hippies supposedly asked the teams if they would leave them money. And I guess that pissed MoJo off. None of the other teams hate the Hippies, not even the Frat Boys who are clearly the more competitive of the 4.

And then MoJo started hating them even more when they actually made it on the plane. They were so sure that the Hippies would never make it on the plane, their faces were priceless when they seen them on board.

They probably dont like them because they are as annoying as hell

They probably dont like them because they are as annoying as hell

Barbie and Ken? Yeah they are annoying huh :P heh

Seriously though... I like the hippies! They're fun and goofy and seem to actually be having fun during the race.. something I wish all teams would do more often.

I love, love, love, love these guys. I can't say it enough. It's so nice to see good people actually do well instead of the hateful backstabbing people that always seem to get ahead. I love how they enjoy themselves, not too much that it hurts them, but enough to where they have a good time and provide entertainment for us. I hope they knock MoJo on their keisters. (sp) Go hippies!!

I love these guys more and more every episode. I was so worried picking up the hitchhiker would make them miss the flight, but they made it and the looks on everyones faces was just priceless!!

I really hope they take down MoJo, they are immature brats who should go home (and you can throw the frat boys in there too)!!

HI Blackcat, I agree with you totally! LOVE the hippies, MoJo has gots to go (and Erik and Jeremy). I was cheering so loud when the hippies made the flight! GO HIPPIES!!!

HI Blackcat, I agree with you totally! LOVE the hippies, MoJo has gots to go (and Erik and Jeremy). I was cheering so loud when the hippies made the flight! GO HIPPIES!!!

Hi Zoomer! Yeah the Hippies rock!!! I cant wait for next week!!

I watched the episode again for a couple of reasons. I almost got teary (again) when their Bedouin paid for their gas, food, then touched noses. I am so happy to see their good will come back to them.

I also rewatched because I couldn't understand the brazen hatred from Monica. "The worst hangers-on". If that's her opinion of TTOW, then what in the world does she think of Frat Boys?

Did BJ & Tyler say they were going to yield MoJo before she started saying bad things? I couldn't tell.

I watched the episode again for a couple of reasons. I almost got teary (again) when their Bedouin paid for their gas, food, then touched noses. I am so happy to see their good will come back to them.

I also rewatched because I couldn't understand the brazen hatred from Monica. "The worst hangers-on". If that's her opinion of TTOW, then what in the world does she think of Frat Boys?

Did BJ & Tyler say they were going to yield MoJo before she started saying bad things? I couldn't tell.

We never actually saw them say it, just heresay from when Mo was in the car and whinning she said that they said they would yield them if they didnt leave any money, so we dont really know if they said it or not.

I'm really rooting for these guys. There hasn't been such an entertaining team on this show since Kevin & Drew from Season 1.

Now that I've officially declared them my favorites, they will be gone next week. I am the kiss of death to reality TV show contestants. Sorry guys.

I'm really rooting for these guys. There hasn't been such an entertaining team on this show since Kevin & Drew from Season 1.

Now that I've officially declared them my favorites, they will be gone next week. I am the kiss of death to reality TV show contestants. Sorry guys.

NO! Take it back, take it back! :(

I predict that this will be the exception to your kiss of death and that the hippies will be victorious!!! ;) (crossing my fingers)

WOW luck was with these guys tonight

WTG

I must be one of the few who started out a big big fan of these guys but am now finding them tiresome. The whole TTOW thing when things are going their way is getting old. We're also seeing the petty human side.

The other thing that I've noticed the last few shows, they really ARE followers.

Guest StarBaby

I have been a big fan of the hippies too -- but they are kinda getting on my nerves the last couple of episodes. But, I would much rather see them do well than Monica and Joseph, who are petty and hypocritical. They were whining their butts off cause they got yielded, but they had made it clear that they would yield BJ & Tyler if they got the chance -- they seem to conveniently forget the things that they do. Out of the final four, I like Ray and Yo.

Luck? More like the producers were with them :lol:

Seems like it. Why even have the yield then? Yes they're one of the teams I like but they should have been gone. So it seems the sole purpose of the yield is to just piss people off and has no strategic purpose. Stupid in my book.

I've got to give it to the Hippies though . . . they are definitely the 'see the glass as half full' team! Have you ever seen two happier team members even though they've lost everything in the 'Race' twice?

I just love the fact that even though the Hippies lost the foot race, they still put out their hands to shake MoJos to congratulate them. Did anyone else catch Monica trying to get Joseph not to accept the Hippies conciliatory gesture?

What a little whiny biotch she was at the pit stop. She came in third and beat the Hippies to the mat but she still had to go on and on about that silly rumor thing which no one believes in the first place. I just can't believe how hypocritical the team of MoJo appears on camera. I guess they'll blame it all on the editing. LOL!

I suppose realistically I should pick my second favorite team of Ray and Yolanda for my final pick because I don't think the outlook bodes well for my favorite Hippie team! I'm still hoping karma comes though in the end and gives my two silly boys a break next week.