Sign in to follow this  
nebartist

Lake & Michelle

Can a team be yielded multiple times? How sweet would that be if the two guys AND Franberry yielded them.

Nothing says you have been an as like getting the brush-off from Berry. Too funny. :lol:

That's the funniest part about Lake and Michelle using the yield - if they hadn't yielded Danielle and Dani, Ray and Yolanda would have gotten eliminated. That too might come back to bite them in the butt if not the two guys.

Personality-wise though Lake and Michelle don't bother me so much just because you see all their personality 'quirks' affecting their standing in the race here and there. Like in Russia Lake didn't listen to Michelle's directions and ended up lost in a cornfield. Then in Germany he got all tense near the finish line and the hippies just doddled past them into the #2 spot. And then last night Lake he was all in a huff at the ticket counter about Fran 'not acting like a Dr.'s wife' because he's too blind to see that she was out-manoevering him by being nice to the ticket guy and asking the right questions. I mean Lake and Michelle seem smart, driven and athletic, but week after week they seem to do stuff and think stuff that costs them time . . . and then he's left sitting there stewing and spewing in frustration - lol. It's kind of like watching Homer Simpson in a 'doh!' moment.

So far his temperament and him underestimating the other teams make it seem like he's not serious competition but if he continues to act like this and still gets ahead, then maybe he won't be so funny anymore :(

Well, in the clip of TAR that they showed on Survivor last night, Michelle says they are stealing "his" fish, and she's holding this huge fish. I admit, it doesn't take much to get me fired up about The dentist and the little woman and we don't really know what all this means. BUT, if I had had to work to get that fish and they stole it, someone would be eating sushi and I would probably be physically removed from the show.

Well, in the clip of TAR that they showed on Survivor last night, Michelle says they are stealing "his" fish, and she's holding this huge fish. I admit, it doesn't take much to get me fired up about The dentist and the little woman and we don't really know what all this means. BUT, if I had had to work to get that fish and they stole it, someone would be eating sushi and I would probably be physically removed from the show.

The fish smell is an improvement.... It masks her odor...

I found these clips last night on another TAR site.

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at Chip and Kim

from TAR5 as they spoofed Lake and Michelle.

There are several clips from the show as well....

Heres the link....

http://www.chipandkim.tv/

Shucks, haven't seen that preview since I'm not watching Survivor this seaons. But yeah, I'm clearly in the minority when it comes to Lake not YET getting my goat . . . sounds like Tuesday may be the final straw! :P

Still can't help but cling to my naive hopes though that he'll get what's coming to him in some way - like maybe they'll get caught and everybody'll turn on them, or Phil'll give them a penalty and make them go back and redo the task, or the lead they gain from stealing the fish ends up disappearing when they all have to wait for something to open in the morning . . . that seems to be the trend that Lake does something that ends up with him in a huff 'n puff meltdown - maybe producers don't like him much either! :lol:

Can't wait for Tuesday . . . make that Wednesday . . .

Can teams yield the same couple over and over?

I was thinking if one team yields the jerk then another. It would force him out.

I feel bad for his wife though she seems pretty cool.

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I'm REALLY glad Lake is acting how he is now. At first he was just so irritable and verbally abusive, but I'm so glad that he's REALLY toned it down. He still gets frustrated and she does get blamed, but thankfully it's not as bad as it was. When he called her a ding dong it's like I actually heard love in his voice, like he was just saying that in a jokingly teasing way. I've still noticed that they're no longer wearing the patches on their necks, so I'm really hoping that that was just causing extra irritability. Because Michelle's became a little more calm as well.

I don't know, one can hope I guess, lol. I still don't like them though.

Lake going up to the wrong people and saying "41" was hi-larious. :lol: WHAT A DING DONG!!!

lake didnt look bad at all without his shirt on! lol

im suprised hes been so toned down lately could we say that maybe hes better then jonathan who knows i still dont like them but they seemed a lot calmer these past few episodes

im suprised hes been so toned down lately could we say that maybe hes better then jonathan who knows i still dont like them but they seemed a lot calmer these past few episodes

Well tvrocks...Lake has lost that new toned down look he's been carrying. Not 3 minutes into the show tonight and he's already called Michelle a b*tch and was back to his usual screaming self...Geezzzzz....this guy would get decked on national TV if he was my hubby! :blink:

Michelle stuck up for herself tonight.

I will not miss Lake. bye bye

What was with all that deep breathing and chest holding - was he having a heart attack or something? Isn't he only 44?!??? That's like waaayyy too young to be having those kinds of health problems . . .

I was actually surprised that he called his wife a b....*! If my husband did that, he would be finishing the race by himself!

I thought he called her a b*tch too, but let's think realistically. CBS would have edited that out... chances are he said "MICH!!!" I was going to make a post about it, until I realized her name was Michelle, lol..

I don't know, I find it hard to believe somebody who says "dang it" and "dag nab it" all the time, is going to really call his wife a b*tch. Not sure, just doesn't make sense to me. I still think he just called her "Mich" for Michelle.

We heard a lot of dang it and dag nab it, but we also heard the non-homogonized version when he would think they were really in trouble. I don't remember which episode specifically, but there was one episode when he skipped the cartoon language and cut right to the core when he said anything about any of his fellow contestants. I don't think bitch is out of his realm at all, just not sure what he said this time. It sure sounded like b***h though. In all the previous weeks, when did he ever call her Mich?

We heard a lot of dang it and dag nab it, but we also heard the non-homogonized version when he would think they were really in trouble. I don't remember which episode specifically, but there was one episode when he skipped the cartoon language and cut right to the core when he said anything about any of his fellow contestants. I don't think bitch is out of his realm at all, just not sure what he said this time. It sure sounded like b***h though. In all the previous weeks, when did he ever call her Mich?

Ahh OK, I don't remember that. Then again, I didn't pay all too much attention when they were on, lol.

He's never called her Mich, but if I recall correctly, he's never really called her Michelle, either. Call me niave, but I really doubt that if he called her a b*tch, that she would be so calm about it on National TV, that's why I still think it's Mich. But I guess the world will never know, lol.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Are Race's Castoffs Fighting Mad?

by Rochell D. Thomas

060419insider2.jpg

Lake and Michelle, The Amazing Race

Lake and Michelle of CBS' The Amazing Race (Wednesdays at 8 pm/ET) have been called this season's Jonathan and Victoria. Argumentative. Snappy. They pecked at each other almost right up to the moment they were eliminated in Greece. Married for almost 15 years, the Mississippi dental team

TVGuide.com: Speaking of that, Lake, you were really mean to Michelle. At one point in Greece you even said something like, "Bitch, just shut up!" How did you explain that to your children