Sign in to follow this  
nebartist

Lake & Michelle

Let's not forget his dramatic reaction to going to Russia: "Russia Dag gum it! I didn't want to go to Russia!...........its cold." What was he hoping for, a tropical holiday? They really should have booked the Race thruhis travel agent.

And.....everytime you have a toothache, remember, this guy is a dentist!

whats with lake and talkin about "the black team"...i dont know what you guys think but i think thats kinda mean...learn their names

my dad asked Dr. Lake about this and he said that he was asking about ALL of the participants by what they look like... he was just trying to gather information quickly. everyone else had nicknames for people too (frosties, hippies, double d's). It's sad how the media always tries to paint southerners in such a negative way.

He's an ass. I also liked how he said he'd help the older couple as soon as he finished. He told them he'd show them everything then he just quickly yelled out a couple things and took off. I can understand he's in a race and he doesn't have to help but why tell them he would? Michelle didn't want him to and he said that they could help them out down the road, well really..was his help worth anything? I say NO! Jackass.

my dad asked Dr. Lake about this and he said that he TRIED to help the older couple by verbally giving them instructions on how to assemble the bike (some of this was aired). He actually tried to help them a lot longer than was shown. AND, for the record, the rules of the game do NOT permit him to physically help them in any way, so he could NOT have put the bike together for them. He did what he could.

my dad asked Dr. Lake about this and he said that he TRIED to help the older couple by verbally giving them instructions on how to assemble the bike (some of this was aired). He actually tried to help them a lot longer than was shown. AND, for the record, the rules of the game do NOT permit him to physically help them in any way, so he could NOT have put the bike together for them. He did what he could.

Sweetie...This IS a message board! We all have our own opinions of Lake. From what I have personally seen on TV...he is a total jerk that has been verbally abusive to his wife and has NOT taken the blame for anything. He is impatient, rude and just an all around ass!

OH...would you mind asking your DAD to ask Dr. Lake how soon he gets booted off the show?

And by the way...I'm a southerner too and I see what everyone else on here sees. His behavior has nothing to do with being from the south. I know people who get their points across without being rude and disrespectful to their spouse! The media didn't paint him in a negative light...He did that to himself!!

He needs to keep his mouth shut more often and listen to his wife more. She seems to know what she is doing!

Sweetie...This IS a message board! We all have our own opinions of Lake. From what I have personally seen on TV...he is a total jerk that has been verbally abusive to his wife and has NOT taken the blame for anything. He is impatient, rude and just an all around ass!

OH...would you mind asking your DAD to ask Dr. Lake how soon he gets booted off the show?

And by the way...I'm a southerner too and I see what everyone else on here sees. His behavior has nothing to do with being from the south. I know people who get their points across without being rude and disrespectful to their spouse! The media didn't paint him in a negative light...He did that to himself!!

He needs to keep his mouth shut more often and listen to his wife more. She seems to know what she is doing!

if they want to show him when he lets Ms. Michelle have input, they would. I have been around them IN PERSON, FOR YEARS and he is NOT like that. Granted, the show has brought out a more competetive side of him and made him a little bit more hyper than usual, but he's really not so argumentive, etc. in person.

Oh, and he's not allowed to say if he won but I think that he at least made it to the end.

if they want to show him when he lets Ms. Michelle have input, they would. I have been around them IN PERSON, FOR YEARS and he is NOT like that. Granted, the show has brought out a more competetive side of him and made him a little bit more hyper than usual, but he's really not so argumentive, etc. in person.

Oh, and he's not allowed to say if he won but I think that he at least made it to the end.

Do you really think he is going to act like the ass that he is while he's at work?? He would lose all his patients within a week. I am sure he shows his attitude to his wife away from the office, like at home, at the grocery store, in the amazing race, etc. - come on now thats not hard to figure out!

"LETS HER" have input!!!!!!!! :blink: You just said it all with that statement!

Does he "MAKE" her sit up and beg for kibble too?? :angry2:

Add control freak to that list... :angry:

could we be seeing lake as the amazing races shane from survivor in the making he acts just like him he should hangout with lake. Lake just needs to shut up or else hes gonna have a bad reputation when he gets out of the race enough with the hyperness definetly not a fan hes the only one from the race i do not like

Amanda, that's nice to hear you've had nothing but positive experiences with Lake and Michelle as your dentist. And that was thoughtful of you to offer alternative explanations for some of the situations that have prompted many of us to comment on their behavior - I'm sure they appreciate your kind words and your support.

However, just like I'm sure there isn't anything any of us could say to make you change your mind about Lake and Michelle, don't think there's anything you could say to most of us that would make us change our minds about them. Don't know if you watch Big Brother at all, but many of the contestants on that show who aren't popular with viewers have also claimed to have been unfairly portrayed because of editing even though the public was able to view them living in the house in real time and unedited via live feeds. In all fairness, the 'villains' of that show do tend to be seen more favorably after their families have been given the opportunity to portray their loved ones in a different light.

Guess basically we all have positive qualities and negative qualities. Perhaps it'll be easier to stomach more critical posts if you look at it like maybe if people had the opportunity to interact with Lake and Michelle in a business or personal interaction they might feel differently, but since all most of us have to go by is what is seen on tv the comments might tend to be different from how you might view the situation (?)

. . . because personally I don't see how they could possibly make it to the finals of a team race based on the way they communicate with each other under stress. For example, in the last episode it looked like Michelle tried to tell Lake to keep driving straight and instead he turned left into the corn fields. It would seem with so much to see and do in such short time and in such unfamiliar territory, a team of two would likely to do better than a team of effectively one - it didn't cost them this time, but maybe next time they won't be so lucky?

Amanda, that's nice to hear you've had nothing but positive experiences with Lake and Michelle as your dentist. And that was thoughtful of you to offer alternative explanations for some of the situations that have prompted many of us to comment on their behavior - I'm sure they appreciate your kind words and your support.

However, just like I'm sure there isn't anything any of us could say to make you change your mind about Lake and Michelle, don't think there's anything you could say to most of us that would make us change our minds about them. Don't know if you watch Big Brother at all, but many of the contestants on that show who aren't popular with viewers have also claimed to have been unfairly portrayed because of editing even though the public was able to view them living in the house in real time and unedited via live feeds. In all fairness, the 'villains' of that show do tend to be seen more favorably after their families have been given the opportunity to portray their loved ones in a different light.

Guess basically we all have positive qualities and negative qualities. Perhaps it'll be easier to stomach more critical posts if you look at it like maybe if people had the opportunity to interact with Lake and Michelle in a business or personal interaction they might feel differently, but since all most of us have to go by is what is seen on tv the comments might tend to be different from how you might view the situation (?)

. . . because personally I don't see how they could possibly make it to the finals of a team race based on the way they communicate with each other under stress. For example, in the last episode it looked like Michelle tried to tell Lake to keep driving straight and instead he turned left into the corn fields. It would seem with so much to see and do in such short time and in such unfamiliar territory, a team of two would likely to do better than a team of effectively one - it didn't cost them this time, but maybe next time they won't be so lucky?

it isn't so much that I'm trying to change anyone's mind I guess, but I want people to realize that the people they say negative things about are REAL people who have feelings and when I go on boards like this one and see people saying things like "Lake should get hit by a bus" or "Michelle should divorce Lake" I can only imagine what their children (who are old enough to be reading those comments) would think after reading that.

"LETS HER" have input!!!!!!!! :blink: You just said it all with that statement!

Does he "MAKE" her sit up and beg for kibble too?? :angry2:

Add control freak to that list... :angry:

you completely took what I said out of context, but ok. yknow... what you should realize is that SOME women don't like making decisions or being the leader -- some are content to relax and go with the flow. Just because Ms. Michelle isn't a domineering woman doesn't mean that Dr. Lake abuses her.

Guest QW
can we have a 'Lets Ask Daddy Night'?

i hope this team gets a nerd herd reception after the show has aired if anybody watched big brother they know what i mean. I have a solution lock them in with all the nerd herds jonny fairplay and shane from survivor oh and jonathan and victoria then see how they feel about themselves and dr phil can host it :D

i LOVED the way she was talkin to him in that Cab last night . . . . . . .GO MICHELLE!!

the show doesnt happen live, its recorded months ago

He had a local to guide him last night and Lake himself didn't make any mistakes so he had nothing to scream at Michelle about. That's why we saw a kinder Lake.

it isn't so much that I'm trying to change anyone's mind I guess, but I want people to realize that the people they say negative things about are REAL people who have feelings and when I go on boards like this one and see people saying things like "Lake should get hit by a bus" or "Michelle should divorce Lake" I can only imagine what their children (who are old enough to be reading those comments) would think after reading that.

you completely took what I said out of context, but ok. yknow... what you should realize is that SOME women don't like making decisions or being the leader -- some are content to relax and go with the flow. Just because Ms. Michelle isn't a domineering woman doesn't mean that Dr. Lake abuses her.

Amanda...You are obviously a very young person to be so naive! I think your loyalty to Lake has blurred your judgement to the point that you are in total denial as to the way he treats her. If he demeans her like he does on this show, then he does it at home when NO-ONE is around. As far as Michelle NOT wanting to have any input in anything....well, I just can't believe that she is content to let him make ALL the decisions. I just simply think that she KNOWS that this will and is being televised and she doesn't want to make an ass of herself. I think she is CONTENT to let him do it.

Amanda....NOT all women are LEMMINGS!! Just because he is willing to jump over a cliff, doesn't mean that she is going to follow!!

I didn't take anything that you said out of context. I quoted you verbatim!!! <_<

I'm not a Lake fan, at all. I'm hoping that the pressure of the race is just making him say things he wouldn't normally say (it can happen). Since I don't know them outside of this race, I'm a little hesitant to bash his personal character. But on this show, he is despicable. I'm glad that he toned it down though. Last episode, I didn't dislike Lake as much as I did the first few episodes. I noticed that he isn't wearing the patch on his neck anymore, I wonder if that could have just been making him irritable? I've never used those, but I'd assume there would have been some side effects. At least, I hope that's what it was. For Michelle's, and their children's sake.

I am not a fan of Lake OR Michelle! They are equally jerks to each other as well as to the other players. After watching them tonight, I just can't wait until they are off of the show.... hoping it's sooner rather than later. I can't stand to watch them any longer treat each other the way they do. I hated watching them yield the pinks instead of making it a true competition and racing the girls til the end.

BTW... This is my first post here ever! Hello everybody :)

Hey Amanda, ask the good Doctor Lake how the editors managed to make him look more like a horse's ass than earlier. I didn't think he could get more odius...but then I watched the show...

I can't tell you how I wanted Franberry spit on them. Why did the "sweet Miss Michelle" have to push up on them at the counter. Shame on you!! You give us hicks and rednecks a bad name...you No Class tray-lor trash bully!!

i just hope that yeilding the D's will come back and get them later on in the game. They saved Ray and Yolanda, and hopefully they will be the ones to knock them out

Welcome Countrified!

Grrrr Lake really gets to me, if I was in the competition with him I would probably get booted out for punching him in the face!

But I loved that Fran and Berry didnt help them last night, glad they are sticking up for themselves!