Sign in to follow this  
mikede

Shane Powers

pic_shane.jpg

hdr_shane.jpg

Bio:

Shane Powers was born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska. After finishing high school, Powers moved to Los Angeles.

In 1999, Powers and two business partners established a boutique specialty marketing company with the goal of effectively branding products. On the side, Powers makes time to coach his son's football team. Previous employment included work as a club promoter and restaurant manager.

Powers describes himself as witty, outgoing and funny. His most important accomplishment, still in progress, is raising his son. His hobbies include basketball, softball, writing and frequenting bookstores.

Powers believes he can be the Sole Survivor because of his unmatched communication skills. He believes he is also a physical threat and has the ability to manipulate people and not have them be resentful. If he wins, he wants to buy some real equipment and a great field for his son's football team.

Powers currently resides in Los Angeles under the watchful eye of his son, Boston. His birth date is November 28, 1970.

Yana Mentioned that Shane was in a gay friendly movie called Luster. I netflixed it, and watched it the other day, and it wasnt that bad, Kind of odd in some places.

Shane played an indie record store owner named Sam. His character was striaght, but his best friend since school, and co-worker, Jackson is gay. Sam was a once successful, now struggling artist very conflicted about life and where he is going, and he seemed to have a little bit of money.

I dont know if anyone is planning on checking it out, but im going to say what happens at the end of the movie.

-

-

-

-

Jackson's cousin comes to town to visit. Jackson has never met his cousin, and immediatly is attracted to him. He keeps asking people if its wrong to your cousin. Near the end of the movie, Sam, Jackson, and his cousin, go on an all night multi bar drinking binge, and Jackson ends up really drunk. There is one scene where Jackson stepped away for a minute, and when he came back, Sam and Jacksons cousin were arguing, and Sam was yelling something about not being able to talk to him. Sam and Jackson's cousin had to carry Jackson in the house after being real drunk. Sam puts jackson in the bed, and gives him a little kiss on the head. On the way out, Sam asked Jackson's cousin to give Jackson something he handed him when he wakes up. The next day we find out that Sam has killed himself, and leaves Jackson a video telling him that he could never love him the way he wanted to, and it was basicall killing him inside. Jackson was obviously upset, and pissed off. So then, he had sex with his cousin, and his cousin left the next day, and Jackson went to this guys house thats has been crushing on him big time, and finally gave himself to the guy

Shane's hot,

but 3 packs a day!!!!! Damn, he needs this!!!! i bet it is rough for him

During Survivor 2 (Australia), contestant Marilyn was allowed to wear a nicotine patch. I wonder if they changed that rule. Shane could really use it!!

I'm a smoker, although not 3 packs a day. I don't know how he thought he could do it cold turkey in such a harsh environment when your social skills also play such a big part. I get cranky when I'm due for a smoke. God bless him. And good luck to him. He's gonna need it.

he should have tried to cut down before going out there. wonder if he;ll smoke again after its over

I like this guy...but then he had to go and make fun of Bruce!! :angry: Not a way to win me over. I think he needs to come clean with his tribe and say he's going through withdrawl. It might help them understand why he's being pissy. For a 3-packer, he's pretty in shape. Most people I know that have been smoking for that long would get pretty winded from just swimming to the platform.

I can't stand these flip floppers. One seems to pop up every third Survivor season - they whine they need to go, people beg them to stay, they create a little drama, then decide to stay. Just once I wish people would just look at them and say 'Fine f**knut, see ya!' and vote their pathetic ass out!

Well! It is so pathetic to let that whiner, Shane, stay. What a drama queen. He is NOT hot and he is NOT funny! He needs to go. And I lost alot of respect for Aras. What an arrogant little snot. I can't say I'm sorry Melinda was sent packing, but compared to sniveling Shane she was so much better. I'm still fuming, I better go get a cold drink to calm down! lol

You said it! I was hoping tonight would be the night, but NOPE -- cranky butt is here to stay, I guess.

Yep, we're stuck with him! Are you sick of his talk about his ciggies already? I know I am, aww I quit smoking, that's why I'm cranky - WAHHHH!!!!!!!!

What, does that give the guy carte blanch to act like an jerk! Somebody shove a pack of Marlboros up his ass sideways! :lol:

I want to see him stick around and unravel... It's fairly cheap entertainment....

I completely agree that this guy is wigging out and that normally the whiney, whimpy, I-want-to-go-home contestants annoy the hell out of me. GO HOME THEN.

Buuut, I have just a tad bit of empathy for this guy. I know I get irratable when I try to quit smoking and I only smoke about 1/2 pack a day. I can't even imagine what withdrawals his body is going through. Some part of me what's to give him a little leaway to see if this Mr. Jekyll in him is just the affects of withdrawal. So, I'm not totally disliking Shane yet... I think if he makes it another week (which would be like 3 eppy's) and he's not changed psycho state he's in then he'll be checked off my list too.

I'd much rather have the nic-fit whiney ass crap than the crocodile tears (via Circie). I want a birth certificate from this guy, though. Thirty-five?? Those must have been some HARD 35 years, brother.

I guess most of us have a good idea what one goes through when you are quitting smoking.

Like the whole world owes us something!

Everything's wrong and nothing is right!

He may somehow be noble in his attempt to stop smoking while being on the show but why he has to inflict that on the whole of America and the other cast members is what is annoying.

But on second thoughts!...As King says

I want to see him stick around and unravel... It's fairly cheap entertainment....

I have to agree.

I am totally blown away by this tribe. What makes Shane, or Aras better then Melinda or Cirie (last week I couldn't stand her lol)? He whines and complains and wants to go home but they feel he's better then those two????

I am totally blown away by this tribe. What makes Shane, or Aras better then Melinda or Cirie (last week I couldn't stand her lol)? He whines and complains and wants to go home but they feel he's better then those two????

i agreed with you shane and aras needs to go i like cirie and melinda aras was my top 3 pick out of the guy's to win this now i dont know about him <_<<_<

WHAAAAAAHHH---I hate this----I hate that--------I WANT TO GO HOME---this is the worst thing I ever did----WHAAAAAHHH---what a bad idea----I miss my son----WHAAAAAAHHH!!!!!

He and his whole tribe are a mess and I don't have much use for any of them. Let Shane go home if he wants. He can take Aras too. Maybe Bruce will take charge when he gets back from exile island.

Ummmm......no doubt who be MOST likely tae go postal campside eh?

What fools, to keep Shane in, after his tantrum. Ecch... what a baby. The guy who had to stay on exitle island-- Bruce???--- I bet he was having and 'Oh Sh!t' moment, watching the morons in his future tribe, at tribal council. Poor guy-- he has his work cut out for him. He is the ONLY one from that tribe, I'll be rooting for.

What fools, to keep Shane in, after his tantrum. Ecch... what a baby. The guy who had to stay on exitle island-- Bruce???--- I bet he was having and 'Oh Sh!t' moment, watching the morons in his future tribe, at tribal council. Poor guy-- he has his work cut out for him. He is the ONLY one from that tribe, I'll be rooting for.

what? cirie & bruce and bobby is who i'm rooting for out of that tribe :rolleyes:

This guy got on my nerves last week. Then he got on my nerves this week with his ridiculous tantrum about his thinking chair. And his continual picking on that girl. I don't know how they managed to win this immunity challenge. They had a lot more weight, with Bobby and Cirie.

I just watched next weeks previews and he's starting in AGAIN. Sooner or later they'll turn on him, and the sooner the better.

Definitely! Someone shove a pack of smokes up this guy's ass and send him on his way!