Sign in to follow this  
wash ur face

Richard Hatch

He's saying that he didn't pay the taxes on his winnings because he saw some of the Survivor contestants cheating. So after he told producers, they told him that they'd pay the taxes on the winning if he won.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SUR...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

Does anyone believe him?

And I wonder exactly who was cheating.

Didn't Hatch sneak in some matches???

"Minns told the judge that Hatch caught some of his fellow contestants trying to have friends sneak food to them on the island."

How would "friends" sneak food? Just randomly trek through the jungle looking for their Survivor buddies with a cooler of munchies strapped on their backs and hope the cameras/crew didn't notice them??

Hatch is fulla crap :o

Guest QW

GUILTY..faces 13 yrs in prison and hefty fines!

*update*

Hatch was found guilty of not paying taxes on the 1 million prize, was handcuffed and taken away, the judge considered him a flight risk!

Holy Crap, prison bitch much HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAH

Im sure he will do fine.... ;)

Survivor

I thought people found guilty of tax evasion typically went to Club Fed and not an Oz-type prison. I think a little reality will be good for this so-called "celebrity".

I thought people found guilty of tax evasion typically went to Club Fed and not an Oz-type prison. I think a little reality will be good for this so-called "celebrity".

You are right tax evasion is a federal offece and adding the celebrity status when he does get transfered to a permanent facility it will more then likely be a federal facility aka club fed. The only reason I can say this is cause I am a corrections officer and I have worked both the oz type and club fed. lol.

He's being held here in MA in my hometown. The prison here doubles as a Federal 'Correctional' Facility when the need arises.

My little cousin is a Corrections Officer there and got to do Richard Hatch Hospital detail the other day. Not sure why he had to go to the hospl, but my cousin had to accompany him and stand guard during his visit.

He said he's seriously NUTTY. Like really very strange. As if we didn't know that already. My cousin is also as straight laced as you can get but still I found the story an amusing Easter Dinner conversation

Richard Hatch is a boarderline Diebetic , so if he eating all that starchy carby food I know they serve in those places not to mention the sweet crap all inmates buy on commisary I would have to guess that his blood sugar went way up , hence a hospital visit.

I to have done a few either hospital watches or a suicide watch in seg. It really sucks and is the most bory duty you can pull. And trust me I can believe he is nutty , but to tell the truth in my oppinion it don't take them long in jail to learn to fake it enough to get extra attention , or toilet paper , or razor , or toothpaste or anything not usually gotten on commisary , not to mention maybe extra food cause you feel sorry for them. Oh please get real Richard , play the inmates games you think those of us been on the outside looking in for so long don't know them.

Sorry just a reaction from my years of seeing the same shit over and over again.

ap_75.jpg

'Survivor' Winner Sentenced to 51 Months

by Eric Tucker, Associated Press Writer

rhatch.jpg

Richard Hatch

PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Richard Hatch, who won $1 million in the debut season of "Survivor," was sentenced Tuesday, May 16, to 51 months in prison for failing to pay income taxes on his reality TV prize and other earnings. Hatch, 45, was convicted in January. The charges carried a maximum of 13 years in prison.

U.S. District Judge Ernest Torres said he issued a harsher than expected sentence because Hatch had committed perjury repeatedly during his trial. "It seems unfortunately very clear to me that Mr. Hatch lied," Torres said. When Hatch was convicted, Torres said he expected to sentence him to 33 to 41 months.

"I believe I've been completely truthful and completely forthcoming throughout the entire process," Hatch told the judge before he was sentenced. Hatch claimed he thought the show's producers would pay his taxes and pleaded ignorance about money matters, saying he forgot to tell his accountants about some income.

"Survivor" earned CBS a ratings hit. Hatch became known as "the fat naked guy"

It is my perception is that Hatch enjoys being in the spot light, somewhat like Micheal Jackson, so he gets himself into trouble so that the spotlight comes back to him. Since winning, he his name continues to resurface from time to time in the media. I even saw he was on Dr. Phil with his son. Some people just love drama in their life.

**Not on topic**

Echo...Have I ever told you that those eyes just weird me out everytime that I see them?? :blink::blink:

** On topic** :)

Hatch will just WISH he had some realityTV drama in his life when he's in prison.

His drama will be a lot more intense now!! LOL...He'll be someones girlfriend the first day! :blink::lol:

I read this in the newspaper today and laughed a little bit

It is my perception is that Hatch enjoys being in the spot light, somewhat like Micheal Jackson, so he gets himself into trouble so that the spotlight comes back to him. Since winning, he his name continues to resurface from time to time in the media. I even saw he was on Dr. Phil with his son. Some people just love drama in their life.

That is so true. Also remember him walking around naked....

I am guessing he will not be walking around butt naked and he will for sure not be spearing " fish " this time around ! My best advice.. dont drop the soap in the shower Richard. :blink:

ap_75.jpg

'Survivor' Hatch Sent to Oklahoma Prison

hatch_prison.jpg

Richard Hatch

Richard Hatch has been sent to a federal prison in Oklahoma as he serves a 51-month sentence for failing to pay taxes on the $1 million he won on the debut season of "Survivor."

Hatch, 45, of Newport, arrived last week at the Federal Transfer Center in Oklahoma City. It wasn't immediately clear why Hatch was moved or whether he will serve out his prison sentence at the facility, which is a hub for prisoners transferring through the federal system.

A federal jury convicted Hatch in January of failing to pay taxes on the "Survivor" prize and other income. He was sentenced in May to 51 months in prison by a judge who said the reality TV star had lied repeatedly on the witness stand.

Hatch had previously been held at the Plymouth County Correctional Facility in Massachusetts. He would prefer to serve his sentence near family in Rhode Island or in Florida, said his lawyer, Michael Minns.

"He should be in a camp," Minns said. "The camps are the most comfortable of the uncomfortable. They are still jails, but they get to see the sky and be outside. It's bad for Richard, who is an outdoor person."

Hatch became known on the CBS show as the "fat naked guy" for refusing to wear clothes.