Fuskie

Survivor 37: Show Recaps

Check back here weekly for the very latest episode recaps!

Episode One:

The greatest social experiment on television is back with a modern take on one of the most intriguing match-ups of all time.  This is Survivor: David vs. Goliath!

The David time, 10 strangers that share one thing in common - overcoming obstacles.  They have spent their lives battling adversity and are always the underdog. They'll take on the Goliath tribe, 10 strangers who also share one thing in common - winning. They have spent their lives capitalizing on their assets and are always considered the favorite.  

Which traits will prove most useful in this cunning game of social politics? For the next 39 days, they'll be abandoned in the islands of Fiji.  They must learn to adapt or be voted out. In the end, only one will remain to claim the million dollar prize. 39 days, 20 people, one Survivor!

The two tribes assemble before Jeff aboard the trawler, Krishnan.  Welcome to the 37th season of Survivor, Jeff says. Survivor is a game of social politics which often revolves around the story of the underdog vs. the favorite. It might be the physically weak vs. the strong, the socially awkward vs. the naturally charming.  Whatever form it takes, it's an enduring match-up that has provided some of our greatest showdowns.

But what complicates Survivor is the unknown. You don't know which skill set will come in handy and very little about the other players. So the question every day is not who has the advantage, but what is the advantage.  That is the we are going to explore this season - this is Survivor: David vs. Goliath.

Jeff yanks at a strong and the season logo banner is revealed to two cheering tribes.  He tosses orange buffs to the David tribe.  Nick says he grew up in a trailer in the holler and had to go get everything for himself, first to go to college, he learned it by doing it.  Gabby says being a David means having a lot more to prove, starting at the bottom is a cooler story.  David not only slew Goliath in the bible, Nick says, he grew up to be King too.

Jeff tosses purple buffs to the Goliath tribe. John says he was on the high school wrestling team to get into pro wrestling, and that's what happened. The Mayor of Slam Town, the Friday Night Tonight, etc.  He tells us privately that he's college educated and will be underestimated.  Allison has no doubt she belongs on the Goliath tribe - I have a huge legion of support in my family but I understand what it means to be an underdog and working to achieve what you put your mind to.

I get the work ethic, Jeff clarifies, but lets put this to the test.  Let's compare Pat's story (David tribe) to yours.  Ali says she was middle to upper class, her dad a physician and she's a Doctor Joetor too. Pat grew up in a paycheck-to-paycheck family, his mom paralyzed when he was 9yrs old, his father a fireman and police officer. Everything he earned went to bills.  Medical school was not an option, nor was medical school.  I went to work right out of high school.

So, Jeff concludes, as a group, do we all agree this isn't about hard work. It takes hard work to become a Doctor Joetor. This is about how you look at life and how life has started for you.  Often the advantage Goliath has is visible, but the advantages on the David tribe invisible.  But until you you know the situation, you don't know how to define the advantage. The question this season is which one of you is the best in turning turning every situation into one that gives you the advantage. That person will win this game.

So let's start on this experiment of capitalizing on advantage. Let's start with the premise the Goliaths are the favorites. Jeff has Goliath choose the weakest woman and man on the David tribe.  They go with Purple Hair and Big Bang Theory (Lyrsa and Christian).  Lyrsa is not surprised because she's tiny, chunky and from Puerto Rico. Christian says it seems like a logical deduction but perhaps appearances are deceiving.

Now, it's David's turn.  Who do you think are the strongest man and woman on the Goliath tribe? Maximum disparity in the match-ups. They choose Ali and John.  Lyrsa and Christian whisper a pact to help each other.  

At this point, Jeff posits, the Goliaths should have the advantage. They have their strongest competitors against their weakest Davids.  Allegedly, Christian corrects. Part II, let's give the Davids the chance to tilt the favor to their side. We will run a challenge in which the two pairs compete. Davids will choose the path the Goliaths have to take and which they take. You want to put Ali and John on the most difficult path and choose the easiest for yourselves.

The first stage is balance. You have a choice between a beam over water, a plank bridge, or a two person track. The next stage is agility. You have a choice between the net tube, the rope tunnel, and the crawl-under.  The third stage is a puzzle and you can choose between a 15 piece cube puzzle, an 8 piece slide puzzle, or moving 30 sandbags between platforms. At the end, the winner will crawl out on a pole to release a shelter-making kit.

After huddling, the Davids decide for Goliaths to do the plank bridge, net tube and the the 15 block cube puzzle. Davids elect to follow the beam over the water, the crawl under and the 8 piece slide puzzle.

It's the first Reward Challenge - let's get to it. For reward, Survivors ready?  Go!

Davids grab a quick lead by leaning back on their rope bridge and risking falling into the water. They move onto the crawl under and slow down.  Goliaths complete the plank bridge and head into the net tube. Davids are out of the crawl under and start working on their puzzle.  Goliaths are right behind them.  It's all Christian on the slide puzzle and before Jeff can blink, Lyrsa crawling out on the post to release the supplies and win the challenge.

David stops Goliath in round 1, Pat cheers.  That was a blowout, Jeff says. Christian reveals he wrote puzzle solving algorithms as an undergrad, so it wasn't really a fair fight.  This is why the story of David vs. Goliath is one of the greatest metaphors for improbable victories, Jeff says, who would ever guess someone would have written algorithms for a slide puzzle and that would come into play minutes into this season.

Jeff gives the Davids a map to their new home and they head off in their raft with their supplies. For Goliaths, they receive a map and their map and that's all.  Christian says you could say he slew Goliath with an algorithmic sling shot but all he can see is what he did wrong and what he needs to fix about himself.  

Mike is stoked to be on the Goliath tribe with a lot of strong men and fit women. He's a Hollywood writer/Director/Actor and Dan quickly outs him.  He wrote School of Rock and Nacho Libre and has been more successful than he though the could be but has been obsessed with Survivor  Forget an Oscar, he wants to win Surivor! Dan reveals he used to be a fat kid and he worked for this (physical look), to make the SWAT team, be a cop. His shirt says POLICE so there was no point in hiding it.  He set a goal, lost 100lbs in a year and made it.  

Old, fat Dan would never have had the confidence but now a beautiful girl is telling him he's good looking. He tells Kara that she's his Kryptonite. She says in Superman, the blond girl is Kara. Dan says he named his dog after Super Girl, Kara.  Everything I would want in a woman, Dan tells us of Kara. Kara tells us Dan is a genuine soul to which she immediately connected. A former NFL Cheerleader, it's in her nature to be charming and it's natural he's drawn to her, which makes it impossible not to be drawn to him too. They joke about being a secret showmance. I'm so screwed, Dan tell us. But why can't I find love on Survivor?

On the David tribe, after a team huddle, Pat starts dishing out shelter instructions. Gabbby thinks the David tribe will be scrappy and work together to succeed.  Pat tells us he's self-made, blue collar. Christian says Pat immediately takes lead on the shelter and can be a bit directive at times, and in engineering and science, there can be strong personalities that conflict, but Pat can really shout and some might have felt bossed around. And jokes can be risky and fail. But people are putting up with it as long as we're succeeding and getting things done.

Goliaths have one machete and an expectation of rain so they have to make the most out of it. Natlie says she's twice as old as the others in the tribe. Since she has young people who work for her, she starts making suggestions. The other Natalie says she's an industrial engineer but the first Natal is barking orders.  Over on David, Path is putting his body and not just his mouth to work, climbing trees and doing the work.

Jessica says nobody knows she's 19 - she told them she was 22 - and approaches Bi and Carl separately about an alliance. Cark and David make an agreement - we're here but we can't look like we're here. Avoid TC is their strategy, but Pat is their first target. Lyrsa and Elizabeth form an unlikely trust bond. Christian tells Cabby he's a bit of a weirdo and asks her to let him know if he goes overboard on the science stuff. She thinks its endearing but she's nerdy too and nerds have to look out for each other. She tells us they are kindred spirits and she's a nerd whisperer.

Over in Goliath, John says he can be a good or bad guy depending on where he's wrestling.  He lists all his aliases but none of them will win Survivor - he's playing as himself. Natalie #2 points out to others as it is raining that Natalie #1 never helps but stands there, watching. Mike uses the distraction to walk off and look for a HII. But his absence is noticed. Natalie #1 quietly goes out after him while the rest of the tribe says it just puts a target on his back.

Jeremy says they all know Mike was on The Amazing Race and has money and looking for the HII just gives them an excuse.  Natalie #2 says Natalie #1 is going to cause more problems at camp.  Dan thinks Mike is a lot more slick. Ali plays peace maker and says they don't have to decide yet. Natalie #1 catches up with Mike and tells him he's putting a target on his back. Mike pretends he was just going to get his shoes. Mike admits he made a rookie mistake - he didn't need the HII, he just wanted it.

Day 2. David tribe is suffering in the rain, adding more palm leaves to their shelter. There is no initiation from the island, Elizabeth says, though I think she meant honeymoon.  But sometimes the struggle is what makes someone who they are. We care about each other way more than Goliath. You tend to empathize with each other, it's inbred in being a David. Jessica isn't rooting against the other tribe, but Nick hopes they are going through hell. The only thing on his mind is scheming and plotting and he needs to find his flock of sheep.

Nick says it's too easy to get people to trust you on Survivor, and his first targets are Christian and Elizabeth. He wants to name all the alliances, to have fun winning $1,000,000.  Gabby thanks Pat and Carl for their work on the shelter, which is keeping them dry. But Nick hasn't done anything, he observes. I can't stand a man that doesn't work, he confides with Pat.  

Over on Goliath, Natalie #2 and Angelina come together over the well and plan to look for the idols. Angelina asks Natalie #2 to stand watch while she searches. Why is it only men find HIIs? Mike is continuing to search every gap in every tree.  Jeremy says he's not going to sit around while others are looking for idols. Alec watches him walk off. Soon everyone on Goliath is looking for idols.  John tells us it's in Goliath's DNA - everyone wants the power.

Dan says it's funny watching everyone getting worked up by the HII because it's in his pants.  Where he's hiding it in his form-fitting boxers, I don't know.  He, Kara and Natalia #2 were looking for Idols and he sees a rock that looks cool and then he sees purple string. He calls the two women over, opens the package in front of them. He set the goal of finding an Idol and then did it. He is becoming the person he wanted to be, finding the idol with a couple of the most beautiful girls in the game.

Over in David camp, David has snagged an octopus with his fishing spear. Davvy Crockett, he jokes. Davie he's always been a non-conformist, a Blerd, a Black Nerd, loving comic books and things. The tribe prepares the octopus with additional veggies. Neither tribe has fire but they have plenty of rain.

Under the David shelter, Jessica opens up about missing her mom who suffered an abusive boyfriend. Bi reveals she had been beaten daily by a former boyfriend, often ending up in the hospital with nowhere to go. As a MMA fighter, she speaks out against domestic abuse. SHe tells Jessica her mom was lucky to have her. Nick says it's not really how he usually talks to people, but he decides to drop his guard and reveal his own personal story. His mother had problems with drugs and overdosed 3 years ago. Crying, he gets the comfort of his whole tribe and feels like there's a weight lifted off him.   The storm has brought good things for tribe, Bi says, helped them bond.

Day 3 and it's time for the Immunity Challenge. It's pouring down rain as both tribes walk up, soaked and soggy. Welcome to Survivor, Jeff grins, let's get to it. He reveals the tribal Immunity Idol. For the challenge, tribes will sprint through an obstacle to a sand pit where one person from each tribe will dig under a log, grab a machete, cut a rope that releases 3 ladders. The second tribe is then penalized and must untie knot to release their ladder. You will then confront the Survivor Pole Vault to cross from one high platform to another, making your way across a netted path and then solve a giant number puzzle.  First to finish wins immunity plus reward - fire in the form of flint. Losers, tribal council where someone will be the first to be voted out.

For immunity and fire in the form of flint, Survivors Reach?  Go!  Everybody is mixed up early as castaways throw each other over and under the obstacle course, tackling the other tribe to hold them back.  Both teams hit the sand trap, Alec vs. Carl, and Alec is the first through.  Carl is stuck and Goliath gets the early advantage. One by one, Goliath crosses over the pole vault. Carl gets through the log and starts untying the knots. He finally releases the knots as Goliaths run down the cargo net to the puzzle..  Davids are crossing the platform.  

One Goliath stands on a platform barking orders to the rest of the tribe. Personalities battle for control over the pieces.  David gets through the pole vault and starts their puzzle, with Christian providing direction.  It starts raining again.  Goliaths have their first vertical row but the Davids have the last vertical row. Natalie #2 is yelling at her tribe but it seems to be working. Davids are right on their heals. Will it be the Goliaths or Davids? Golaths have their 4th row but so do the Davids!

Goliaths Win Immunity!  Davids are headed to Tribal Council.

Pat says the rain has brought the Davids together and they are operating with a single heart. But it sucks they will lose an artery tonight.

Bi tells us she doesn't trust Nick - he's not doing anything and it's not just her, it's the consensus of the tribe.

The rain continues and the seas are rough. I can't see, someone says.  It's OK, nice, slow, deep breaths.  Someone is being carried off the boat carrying the tribes back to their camps.  It's Pat in a stretcher with production crew bringing him to the beach.  His hands are in the air, shaking as medical starts to look at him.  They are immobilizing his head while taking a reading of his breathing from a tube and staring an IV line. Where is your pain, he is asked, and Pat replies it's his back.  They promise to give him something for the pain. You've done a good job, he is reassured by the medic.  

The rest of the tribe walks hesitantly up the beach. Gabby says the boat slammed down on one of the waves and we hear a crack.  I thought Pat had just tweaked his back but we don't know what's happening, watching, hoping for the best.  

You're going to feel a cold sensation going up your arm, Doctor Joetor tells him as he pushes the plunger on a syringe.  Where am I, Pat asks, I'm scared.  Don't worry, Doctor Joe says, just focus on me.  Jeff comes running in.

We all groaned when Jeff arrived, Bi says, because it means something really bad has happened.

Doctor Joe tells Jeff that it sounds like there was an impact on the boat and which hit Pat pretty hard on his back, causing him a lot of pain. Pat opens his eyes as Doctor Joe says the pain is the biggest problem at the moment.  Jeff says that even though a boat right back to camp is normal, we've never had anyone injured during transport. Doctor Joe says they are worried there could be damage or a fracture to his back.

Jeff tries to talk to Pat but he doesn't respond.

Jeff asks Doctor Joe if this is severe enough to take him out of the game? I think it might be, Doctor Joe says.  I can't, Pat says, talking into an oxygen breather, I can't...

You can't take me, he pleads, I can't leave.  I can't leave.

Be strong, Lyrsa calls out for the whole tribe, we're here for you, Pat!

Pat is visibly and audibly in pain.  It can't end, he struggles to say, this way.  

Is there any way for him to continue, Jeff asks Doctor Joe, or does he need to go to a hospital?  He's a tough guy, Doctor Joe says of Pat, but for someone this tough to be in this much pain makes me concerned. We need to rule out any serious damage and that's something we cannot do on the beach.  So you're pulling him from the game.  I don't think I have any choice. He needs to get to the hospital to get the right scans.

Not this way, Pat gasps, this can't be the way it goes.  

I'm afraid there is no other choice, Jeff says, we have to look out for you.  That's the #1 job of our medical team.  Let's bring in the helicopter guys.

They're taking him out, the David tribe says, nothing can go our way.  They feel so bad for him.

Not this way, Pat cries.

You just said at the end of the challenge that the David tribe was going to lose an artery but the heart would go on.  You clearly didn't know you were going to become the artery.

I don't want to quit.

You are not quitting, Jeff assures him, Doctor Joe is pulling you from the game for your own safety.  There is nobody who is going to question your heart.

The David tribe are all on their feet looking on as the chopper lands.  Jeff waves them over to say their goodbyes.  Your kids are going to be so proud of you, Jessica tells him.  He was fighting to stay in, she tells us, tears rolling down his face.  They all tell him they love and to be strong.  

I hope he knows how much we love him and is grateful for the experience, Jessica tells us, because we're grateful for him.  

Pat is lifted into the chopper as his tribe wishes him well.

I feel a sense of guilt, Gabby tells us, because I misjudged him as a bossy jerk guy from New York and I couldn't have been more wrong.  He organized how to build the shelter, he was a leader from day 1, a center of camp and this is a huge loss.

After the chopper takes off, Jeff walks up to the remaining tribe mates.  Man, expect the unexpected out here, he tells them, I can see the emotion.  

To lose him so early, Jessica says in tears, makes you sit back and think if anything will go our way because we just lost one of our strongest players. Of all the tribes for this to happen to, observes Jeff, it's the David tribe. You are constantly thrown an obstacle every day. Gabby says none of us were expecting this and it fits what we've been talking about so perfectly in the worst way.  But Pat would want us to succeed and stick together as much as we can.

Well, Jeff says comfortingly, if there's a silver lining, you lost a challenge, you lost a tribe member, but you won't lose another one.  There'll be no Tribal Council tonight.  One last bit of good news, there will be a flint waiting for you back at camp. Hopefully the rain will break and you guys can get to work on starting fire.

Three days in, down a tribe member, but you are still in this game.

The fight ain't over, Elizabeth says confidently, we're going to keep bringing it.

Grab your stuff and get back to camp, Jeff says, the game continues on.

Elizabeth tells us today has been one of the most draining days in her life, it's been crazy and testing you right out the gate, one disaster after another. This is typical of what a David has to go through to accomplish anything in life. But this isn't the first time I've been knocked down, and I think that's something the Davids have going for us - we WILL keep fighting.

Next time on Survivor: There's a new war, a new target and a new man in charge.  

To be out of the game, a recovered Pat tells us, not by vote but by peer accident, it's gut wrenching. But my life and my health is bigger than this game and ultimately, I will pick myself up off the beach, dust the sand off, and get back on my horse.  As a David, it's what I've done for 41 years. It's the story of my life.  

Pat was treated for his injuries and has made a full recovery.

Episode 2

Oct 3, 2018

Previously on Survivor: In the first comp Davids win reward, Dan falls for Kara and finds an HII, Nick is on the outs and Pat is evacuated. 19 are left, who will be voted out tonight? Night 3, Davids are felling sad w/o Pat. At Goliath they are miserable. Its storming like crazy and both tribes are huddles in their shelters. Day 4 and its still raining. Chris and Nick talk while looking for bamboo. Chris likes Nick, they talk about getting a girl out. Chris and Nick decide to name themselves "team Mason-Dixon" Both tribes get tree mail and a present...a fire making kit

Dan and Kara's closeness is being observed and ppl don't like it. Kara talks to the girls and explains that they have their guy friends and so does she. Dan wants Mike out. Jeremy goes thru Dans pants pocket and finds the HII, he puts it back and tells Mike who is standing guard. Mike says information is more important then having the idol itself. Davie thinks he is a provider, he has been searching for food but also anything else, he finds string that leads to an HII. 

Day 5 David tribe: they talk about getting rid of the weakest players. Beth lets Lyrsa know that David wants her out. Lyrsa says she won the first challenge. Goliath tribe: they are crabbing and having fun. Natalie says its childish and she's not doing that. Natalie says her strat is to lay low and be friends with everyone, she thinks its going well. The others tell us that she doesn't know what's happening around her. Natalie says why would they want to take out the senior citizen, how is she the biggest threat. Natalie is not going down w/o a fight, she will drop some Natalie napalm on them. Jeremy talks to her about her self awareness. Jeremy says if they lose at the next competition he will go into overdrive to get Natalie out.

Immunity challenge time: Jeff tells them the storm was in fact a cyclone. They have to climb a ladder to get a key to unlock a boat, paddle the boat out to get puzzle pieces, they will then put the puzzle together on a wobbly board. It is also reward time, deluxe fishing gear with a fishing pole. Ready...Go...They ladder has 2 rungs and they have to stand one while moving the other up. Goliaths get their boat key and are in the water.

David is having trouble with the ladder. Goliath is at their platform and have their bags of puzzle pieces. Davids get their key and head out to their platform. Davids are pulling away from platform with a member still on it, they make the pick up and head back to shore. Goliaths start on the puzzle, they have to hold on to ropes while trying to make the puzzle. Davids are having poor communication. Pieces keep dropping. Goliaths are making progress, its been over an hour and its hot. Goliaths get the puzzle but now have to get back to the beginning. Goliaths win Immunity and reward.  Chris says on the surface they are getting along well but now they have to pull the scab off and draw blood.

Lyrsa says Jessica has to go, she is holding others together. Beth says she hasn't trusted Jessica from day one. Chris comes along and the girls tell him its Jess. Gabby and Chris talk about getting out Jess. Nick and Chris talk about getting Lyrsa out. Chris feels he is pulling the trigger, just where he wants to be.

Night 6, Time for TC: Davids come in, get a torch and get fire. Lyrsa tells Jeff about the first few days, she didn't know the storm would be so bad. As surviving the storm they became a family and now they have vote someone out. Lyrsa says you could cut the tension with a knife. Jess says you cant wait until TC to start playing the game. Bi says her vote is on performance in the comps. Nick says this game is built on deceit, everybody could trust Mother Theresa and she couldn't have done that challenge today. Chris says they have to balance the needs of the tribe as he doesn't see a merge this early.

Time to vote. We see Jess vote for Lyrsa, Lyrsa votes Jess, David votes Lyrsa. Time to tally the votes. Anyone want to use an HII? Nope. Votes: Lyrsa, Jess, Lyrsa, Jess, tied...Lyrsa, Lyrsa, Jess, Jess..tied...2nd person voted out of David Vs. Goliath is Jessica. Bi asks what just happened? David is shaking his head. Jess gets her fire snuffed and walks off. Jeff says each one of them is here because they have overcome adversity in their live, can they do it on the game?

Next time on Survivor: When you feel all alone, you need to find a kindred spirit or you will go crazy. 

Episode 3

Oct 10, 2018

Previously on Survivor: Natalie had no filter and Jeremy had no boundaries. A plan was set to get Lyrsa out but at TC Jessica went home. 18 are left, who will be voted out tonight. David tribe: Davie says here was tension after TC but there was good game play. Nick says Mason/Dixon just pulled the best move ever. They have broken the game apart. Nick says if they lose again Mason/Dixon will choose who will go again. Carl tears up over Jessica being gone, she was like a daughter to him. He feels alone, but he has always came from the bottom and worked for every thing. He has to turn it up a notch. Bi wonders who flipped. She talks to Nick and Carl and tells them she feels betrayed by Gabby, they say she should go next.

Day 7, Goliath. John catches a fish, they have hermit crab races. John is a bit worried about Natalie. Mike and Jeremy bond. Jeremy says his dad has Alzheimer's and he misses fishing with him the most. Jeremy says as he got older he realized how his dad influenced him. He tears up talking about him. Mike says that by Jeremy sneaking around finding HII in others stuff makes him wonder how he will be later, he doesn't want to get caught up in Jeremy down the road.

Day 8, David tribe. Chris cant wait to hear what Slamtown is all about. Gabby says Chris is her number 1 ally in the game. On the boat Nick and Bi discuss Gabby. Jeremy says he saw so many side convos he is concerned. Kara tells us that no is strategizing because they aren't going to TC. Jeremy tells the tribe that there is no reason to talk about getting ppl out cuz there is no TC. Angelian says she still thinks they should get rid of Natalie. Jeremy says his second play would be to get Dan out to flush out the HII.

Jeremy tells John that he found an HII in Dans pocket. John says Jeremy is paranoid, is Jeremy playing hard? yes. Does John trust Jeremy? no.

Day 9, its raining again. Time for Immunity challenge. One player will have to maneuver their way thru an obstacle, then 3 others will untangle ropes, hook a sled and us the pieces on the sled to make a pyramid puzzle. Reward is chairs and things. Natalia and Angelian sit out. Go! David is stuck, Goliath takes the lead, they are now dead even. still neck and neck trying to hook the sled. John hooks the sled, Elizabeth had her sled, still neck and neck at the puzzle part of the challenge. 

Both tribes still working on the pyramid puzzle. Davids win immunity stunning Goliath tribe. Bi will have medical look at her knee. Goliath thinks Natalie was the reason they lost the puzzle, this isn't the place for her. 

Davids are excited to have chairs and immunity. Bi says she sprained her knee, she has it wrapped. she is worried about it. At Goliaths Natalie says she is usually very good at puzzles, she tells Jeremy she feels she doesn't have his support. Jeremy tells us you can only do what you can do. Alison says Natalie has been digging her own grave since day one. Agelina says Jeremy would be the right person to go first then Natalie. Alison is on the fence, Jeremy is a manipulator. Alison campaigns for Jeremy to go. 

Mike isn't happy with the talk going to Jeremy, he thinks its a simple answer and Natalie is that answer. The tribe talks about how they feel that at a tribe swap Natalie will talk bad about all of them. Natalie asks to talk to some of them when Jeremy sits down, she asks to talk to them with out him there. Jeremy and Natalie have words while Kara stands beside them. (she looks like she is watching a tennis match) Natalie walks way saying, its all about you Jeremy so cut it short.

Night 9, time for TC. Goliath comes in, grab a torch and gets fire. Mike says his standards have lowered when a turn of a basket pillow can make him happy. Natalie says Jeremy has made her his target. Jeremy wonders how Natalie has reached 57 years old w/o being able to talk to ppl. Natalie says this is the kind of mentality she is talking about, this is how he speaks to ppl. Jeff asks Dan if this is just 2 different styles. Dan says yes. The tribe tries to justify Natalie. Natalie says she is impressed that half of this TC is about her.

Natalie says she is 57 years old. Jeremy says she is old and in a tribe swap she will turn on them. Natalie says she will always be Goliath strong. John says its all about keeping the tribe strong and that means how ill they take down Davids next. Time to vote. We see Natalie vote for Jeremy. Time to tally the votes. Anyone want to use a HII? nope. Votes: Natalie, Jeremy, Jeremy, Jeremy, Jeremy, Jeremy, 3rd person voted out of Survivor is Jeremy. No one says a word. Jeff snuffs his torch and he walks off. Jeff says the only down side to a perfectly executed blindside is that now everybody knows.

Next time on Survivor: Just when you've reached your breaking point, the game flips upside down. Drop your buffs. 

Episode 4

Oct 17, 2018

Previously on Survivor: Jeremy was sent home. 17 are left, who will be voted out tonight. Day 10....Jeff brings the tribes together. Bi says she has to say a sad announcement...she tore her ACL yesterday and has decided to leave the game. The David tribes says this will just make them better. Bi says they are amazing human beings and she is proud to know them. She goes to the waters edge to await a boat. Jeff tells them to drop their buffs.  3 colors: Green, yellow and purple. If you don't have a buff you don't have a tribe..Carl doesn't have one.

Orange is Vuku is Natalia, Kara, Alec, Davie and Elizabeth. Green is Tiva is John, Dan, Allison, Chris and Gabby. Purple is Jabiti is Natalie, Mike, Angelina, Lyrsa and Nick. And Carl will go to EI, he will go to the tribe that goes to TC. Tiva will start over at a whole new camp. All the Davids say they need to befriend the Goliaths. They are all get acquainted. Elizabeth and Kara talk horses and get real close, Natalia is a bit nervous about it. 

At EI, Carl says he is used to being alone but he usually has a phone to talk to ppl. He finds a pole with a note on it, it says he will find something near the ocean but it could be washed away, he starts looking at cocoa nuts...tons of cocoa nuts. He starts tossing them up on shore. He finds it and gets an advantage, an Idol nullifier, he will play it in secret at TC, he has to write down the name of who he thinks will play an HII and it will cancel the HII.

At Jabeni, they welcome each other. Mike says its the Davids of the Davids of the Davids. Natalie wants the Davids gone, the Goliaths are in control. Natalie starts giving orders and they start to do what she says. Angelian says its typical Natalie style. Mike and Nick says Natalie has to go. Mike and Nick call themselves the Rock Stars. Over at Tiva, Chris decides to stay away from John when he swings the machete. Chris says its time to bring about the charm, he asks John about Slamtime. 

Gabby says Chris has bonded with the boys and she has a little self doubt. Chris tells Gabby they are doing ok, she tells him its hard for her to open up like he has. She says she doesn't do well around Goliaths and he says the Goliaths have their vulnerabilities too. She is scared of going home.

Day 11, time for Immunity challenge. Two tribes will win immunity. One person will be the caller and will sit on a cart that is pushed around by 2 blind folded members. They will retrieve a ball along the way, the caller will then have two more blindfolded members guide the ball thru a maze. Only the first tribe to get it also get donuts and coffee. 

Ready....Go!! Green takes a slight lead, Orange struggling. Green still in the lead (they are going thru a pole maze. Purple stuck. Green thru the second part and on to a beam (still on the cart). Green gets their ball and on to the maze. Orange is getting their ball and Purple is on the beam. Green still in the lead. Purple gets their ball. Green only has to drop the ball. Orange drops their ball and has to start over. Green wins immunity and huge reward. Purple leads Orange in the maze now. Purple gets the ball in and out. Orange ties it up in the last section....Purple gets it and wins immunity. Orange will go to TC.

Vuku camp. Elizabeth and Davie go look for the HII, she doesn't know that Davie already has it. Davie says he doesn't want to use it this early in the game. Davie tells Natalia and Kara that Elizabeth wants one of them out. Elizabeth talks to Alec, she wants to flip him. He says its hard. She suggest getting out Davie. Elizabeth says she doesn't know what he is thinking. The girls tell Alec that Elizabeth is a bigger threat. Alec feels Natalia doesn't trust him. Natalia tells Davie if he is voting with them. Davie and Alec talk about maybe Natalia. Alec doesn't know, it could blow up his game. He will decide on the spot at TC.

Night 11 at TC: Carl comes in, he will listen then go to camp with them. Jeff asks if it was Davids vs Goliaths, yes, its going to either Davie or Elizabeth. Both are nervous. Natalia says the game has started, she is excited to play the game. If she goes home tonight guns blazing she will be happy. Elizabeth says you got to be willing to have some balls and make some moves. Natalia says making big moves is the game. Alec gets up and whispers in Elizabeth's ear. Natalia doesn't like it at all. Alec whispers to Kara that its still the same he was just making waves. No one whispers to Davie. 

Time to Vote. We see Natalia vote for Elizabeth. Time to tally the votes. Anyone want to use a HII? nope. Votes: Elizabeth, Davie, Natalia, Natalia, 5th person voted out of Survivor is Natalia. Natalia says she knew it, she knew she couldn't trust Alec. Alec says sorry, she says don't be sorry, shut up. Natalia looks at Kara and asks if she knew, Kara says no. Natalia asks why Alec is smiling then says she cant take him right now and does the walk. 

Next time on Survivor: There's no where to run, no where to hide because the storm is coming.