Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Survivor: Panama

Courtesy of: FOXREALITY.COM

Winner Of Survivor: Exile Island To Be Revealed May 14th

March 24, 2006

by Reality Reel Media - Realityreel.com

The special event finale of Survivor: Panama - Exile Island will be broadcast Sunday, May 14 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on CBS. The finale will culminate in the LIVE reveal of the winner from The Ed Sullivan Theater in New York City.

After the reveal, Jeff Probst will host a LIVE reunion show (10:00-11:00, ET, tape delayed PT) featuring the 16 castaways who will come together for the first time since being in Panama.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATECOOLER

Survivor

April 6, 2006: Idol Worship

Hi all, this is actually Angel Cohn subbing in for Mr. McGilvray who is taking a much deserved night off from the Watercooler world. I hope he's doing something fun, like sailing off to a tropical island... but not one where he'd have to huddle under a tree in the pouring rain for warmth with a stranger. Well, unless he's into that kind of thing. Despite Austin's protests of how difficult his stint on Exile Island was, it seemed like there were some sparks flying between him and Danielle. Too bad they couldn't use them to start a fire to stay warm. At least when Sally, Aras and Bruce had to huddle together for warmth they were rewarded with food. Sally put it best with her comment. "I never thought I could be cold and wet and in a bed with two strange men and feel so comfortable." Loved that their tribemates felt no sympathy for their over stuffed bladders and inability to eat all the bacon. Shane even made me laugh out loud when he sarcastically said, "Those are some quality problems." But the realy problem for me would have been trying to remember all the rules for that complicated immunity challenge. And while tough as nails Sally (who I'm totally rooting for now along with Bruce and Cirie) made a valiant effort, Terry won... again. He might be able to milk this immunity idol thing all the way to the final four, especially since no one flipped and that may be his only way to make it. I was surprised that Danielle didn't take the immunity idol bait. Her eyes lit up at the prospect and she sure didn't seem happy to vote off her new pal Austin. I guess she's really just loyal to the Casaya crew... though I can't figure out why. I'd personally take Shane with me to the final two because I'm sure he'd tick off some many people along the way that I'd look like the smart choice. But Aras? He's a big threat that should be eliminated before it becomes impossible.

But here are my three favorite moments of the night:

Survivor

April 13, 2006: The Last Lady of La Mina

First off, thanks to Angel Cohn for covering last week's Watercooler. And no, you didn

Survivor

I found it interesting that Sally was shown right at the beginning when Jeff's voice-over asked, "Who will be voted out tonight?" and then again at the challenge when Jeff said, "The game ends tonight for one of you." Have they ever revealed the boot so blatantly before?

For me Survivor is the best at misleading the audience as to what will happen next. By directly pointing at the person to be voted off 1-2 times a season keeps the audience wondering: "Are they F'ing us this time, or are they for real". TAR is really bad, by watching their previews I know who won't be eliminated. Many times I've tried to out guess Survivor based on what I beleive to be the show forshadowing itself, and I am wrong more times that I am right. I think they are messing with hardcore fans more than the casual viewer, they know the hardcore fans are always looking for predictable patterns and hints that give away the end result.

Survivor

Jeff really smacked down Danielle's comments about Terry. He's right; the former Casaya crew has been far too overconfident, and they'll have to start picking each other off soon. Posted by: Ken McGilvray 04/14/2006 12:11 PM

Now is when the show gets good... I can't wait for Casaya to turn on each other and shake the game up a bit...

Next season they should just have one tribe for the whole time... Or, two tribes but no merge until maybe final three...

Survivor

April 20, 2006: Bruce's Unfortunate Exit

As fans of this show, we've sat through the guzzling of cow blood and feasts of bugs and rats and even endured Richard Hatch's big, white, naked butt. Shudder. But the sight of Bruce writhing in helpless agony was one of the most disturbing images ever to air on Survivor. After managing to hang on with no solid alliance among a tribe of nitwits, it was a sad finish when it was his own body that caused his downfall. The man who called himself Mr. Miyagi suffered in that state for quite some time, as evidenced by how unwell he looked for the last several episodes. Hopefully he'll be able to return as part of the jury. And "boo" to Shane for trying to make Bruce's suffering about himself, as he just had to carry the stretcher sans shorts. Again, shudder.

The reward challenge brought back memories of the Rotu Four in Marquesas giving away the pecking order, except I wouldn't be surprised to see Danielle's and Shane's spots swapped. I loved the little voodoo figures, with Cirie stuffing her doll's bra and Aras fashioning his with a mini-faux-hawk. Shane and Courtney should have fitted theirs with miniature straitjackets, because they are both a boatload of crazy. Quite a bit of information came to light about the relationships among the former Casaya members, with only Aras and Cirie seeming as if they had a solid alliance. Hey, all that nighttime cuddling has to mean something, right? Shane thinks he's running the whole show, and they'll let him continue that delusion, but he's headed for a big fall. Maybe he should ask Twila from Vanuatu about just how smart it is to swear on your kid's life. But my guess is that Courtney will go before Shane

CBS has Survivor on Demand

survivor12_feature.jpg

For $.99 an episode you can watch Survivor on your computer.

Click here to catch up on the episode you missed.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Survivor: Panama's Secrets Revealed!

by Deborah Starr Seibel

060426insider3.jpg

Jeff Probst, Survivor: Panama

Survivor

by Ken McGilvray

April 27, 2006: The Fire Dancer Is Snuffed Out

OK, I realize it must be horrible to be forced to interact with the same set of people week after week, but Shane's imaginary Blackberry? That was just sheer insanity. It allowed him to "talk" to people "not on the island," but I wonder if he was also able to get through to his home planet. It's an amazing feat to be the oddest person on a team that includes a yoga guru and a fire dancer, but Shane has handily won the distinction. The guy also looked way too much like Charles Manson during tribal council, so if I were Aras or Cirie, I wouldn't let him near the machete. Terry not only won the reward and immunity but also the spankin' new SUV. I wonder if anyone has told him about the Survivor "car curse"? He might be the first to overcome it if he can make it to the final two. Terry will clearly have Austin's and Sally's votes and also Courtney's now that she's been stabbed in the back. Bruce may go either way and could potentially make Terry the winner. Now I'm jumping ahead of the game, just like the castaways did this episode. Lots of scrambling went on, but ultimately she who caught the biggest fish also caught the best break. But Cirie's temporary takeover could come back to haunt her, especially where Shane is concerned. In any case, she definitely had a good day, and provided plenty of comic relief. I was ecstatic to see Courtney depart because the tactic of antagonizing your way to the final two has been done to death. Katie, Twila and Judd (who failed at his attempt last season), I'm looking at you. Plus, I love when the person getting booted looks shocked.

The game should get very interesting from here on out. Terry knows he can't trust any former Casaya members, Shane will probably spin into an insane bout of paranoia, and how will Aras manage to stick around if Terry keeps kicking everyone's butt in the challenges? Also, I wonder if all of Danielle's talk of not going out in third place was a foreshadowing of things to come. It was great to see Bruce looking so much healthier since he's cleared up his blockage problem. I'm sure the remaining players will look equally as satisfied once they finally flush Shane from the game.

Posted by Ken McGilvray 04/28/2006 12:19 AM

Survivor

May 4, 2006: Casaya Continues to Eat Itself

Shane sure was thrilled to have crazy Courtney gone, wasn't he? Loved him calling her a "loopy broad." Pot, meet kettle. He was placated much too easily by the others and once again walked directly into their trap. It was good to see Aras, Cirie and Danielle all scheming and playing the game, but nobody can handle him- or herself in this game as well as Terry. The man is unstoppable; except it's highly unlikely he'll win. I know it's completely in vain, but I still hold out hope that some of the Casaya members might flip (especially a bitter Courtney and Shane) and Terry could prevail. Nah, who am I kidding, he doesn't stand a chance. I'd also love Cirie to win it all, but I don't think anyone will take her to the final two, so sadly I see her going out around the final three. We can at least go online and vote for her to win the new truck. The reward challenge was great, with Terry able to "play God" and make both Aras and Danielle resent him. But they would have sent Terry off to Exile Island if given the chance. I was amazed at how normal Shane's son was, but I guess the only way to rebel against a father like Shane is to act completely mature and sane. Boston does seem like a really good kid, so despite his crazy Survivor antics, it seems like Shane is a competent dad after all. Danielle's mom only looked a few years older than her daughter, and not only does Terry win everything, he's also the only one in Panama to get a conjugal visit. I understood Aras' frustration about Terry's choices, but dude, a wife and a mom are not the same thing, and if you think they are, then you better call Dr. Freud. Cirie's husband H.B. was hysterical and it made me like Cirie even more to see them together. It took true devotion on his part to do all her bidding around camp, but the pride in his eyes was very touching. Shane was a complete putz at the immunity challenge, but I guess I'm about as mature as he is because I snickered every time Probst announced Aras' or Terry's "flags were rising." But Shane took things too far by telling Terry to shut up and then mimicking Jeff. After the last tribal council, Shane should have been more vigilant, but he simply strutted around camp with his belly sticking out. (How does that happen with no food around, anyway?) Courtney's death glare as the jury entered was very telling. She has clearly not forgiven Danielle's deception. And speaking of expressions, Shane should never play poker because shock was written all over his face as he was ousted from the game. But his final words to his son did the one thing I thought would be impossible during this season

Survivor

May 11, 2006: Clash of the Egos

To be continued? What? Are you kidding me? I should have known something was up because the battle of the final four is usually saved for the finale. With Shane gone I figured the whining quotient would be cut in half, but I was wrong. From Terry flipping out at Cirie over her torch placement to the sniping and shoving at the challenge, it looked like Shane's crybaby crown has found a new head. Several heads actually, though I did laugh at Aras' "whambulance" comment (only the first time

Survivor

by Ken McGilvray

May 14 2006: Yoga Boy's Got It All Stitched Up... Plus: Reunion Time

Another season down and another million awarded (along with some sage tax advice from Jeff Probst). Aras might have had a sweep if he had a better answer for Bruce and if Shane hadn't thrown out a pointless question. In any case, Aras played a strong game and even earned the respect of rival Terry. As we learned in the reunion, Danielle really had no way to win

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, SOAP NEWS

Survivor Women Score Soap Cameos

Popular Survivor castaway Stephenie LaGrossa will visit Guiding Light on Thursday, June 8! She'll appear as a waitress in the Cooper family's restaurant, Company. Survivor fans fondly recall Stephenie from the Palau and Guatemala seasons. If that girl could kick butt in a primitive fire-making challenge, she should have no trouble serving Springfielders their morning cuppa coffee.

In related news, two women from Survivor: Panama