Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dade

Survivor: Panama ~ Exile Island

47 posts in this topic

Courtesy of: ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY, POP WATCH

Snap judgment: New 'Survivor' cast

94836__survivor_l.jpg

This is it, people: the season I finally break my superlong losing streak in my sister's office Survivor pool and claim that juicy cash prize. Then I'll finally be able to afford that one-of-a-kind kitty lamp that's beckoning me on eBay.

Sure, I know it's not going to be easy. For starters, it appears Mark Burnett has gone and shaken up the game for its 12th incarnation, Survivor: Panama -- Exile Island (premiering Feb. 2). The 16 players will be split into four tribes, divvied up by gender and age, and then merged into two tribes in the second episode. And, as CBS told us at the end of last season, each week one contestant will be sent packing to an isolated island where he or she can search for a hidden immunity idol to use at future Tribal Councils.

So here's what I'm thinking. After checking out the latest set of castaways at CBS.com, I'm automatically eliminating struggling actor Austin Carty (bottom row, second from left), who once played ''Young Dan'' on One Tree Hill and then was banished to Waitstaff Island, as well as Terry Deitz (top row, far right), because it seems those gruff, former military dudes always get regarded as too much of a threat once individual immunity kicks in. I'm also ruling out high school art teacher Bruce Kanegai (top row, fourth from right), who looks a little too crunchy for this cutthroat game, and Tennessee native Melinda Hyder (top row, second from left), who's smiling way too broadly in her publicity shot.

On the flip side, I'm declaring Dan Barry (top row, third from right), Cirie Fields (top row, third from left), and Danielle DiLorenzo (bottom row, far right) as my early frontrunners. After all, Dan's been to outer space three times. How hard can the Panamanian wilderness look by comparison? Cirie, meanwhile, lists fishing, cooking, and carpentry among her skills, and Danielle, well, she just reminds me a little bit of my all-time favorite Survivor player, Stephenie (yeah, the one I foolishly didn't select in my top-three last season).

Nonetheless, as my dubious record indicates, I'm not the sharpest Survivor-pool strategist, and I can use all the help you'll give me, PopWatchers. So tell me: Which of the new crop of castaways do you think is most likely to be named sole Survivor? And who's an automatic throw-out for a gambling man such as myself? Weigh in now!

Michael Slezak | 01. 9.06, 10:21 AM

Okay Im rooting for Ruth Marie And Cirie They are both from my home state and Cirie lives in the town and works at the hospital I was born at.

WOOT!

Got lil art teacher!

Gotta cheer for a teacher. Most underappreciated people next to nurses there are.

Plus I have to cheer for other artists as well heh.

Of course I have to cheer for the people from my state... Cirie & Ruth :D

All I have to say is... if Melinda starts singing ANY time during the show.... She's going straight to my hate list no matter how sweet or whatever she is.

I can't freaking stand it when reality show people make it obvious they are ONLY there to get their name out.

Like this asshat who was on Fear Factor a few weeks ago.. all he did was sing and it drove me up the f-ing wall.

Or this American Idol reject that was on So You Think You Can Dance who sang every time she was in front of the camera. UGH SOOO annoying.

Aww I just read Tina's story :( Poor woman.. I hope she doesn't turn out being a big ole witch though.. she sounds like a good tough lady. Don't mean this to sound bad.. but I think her tragedy is going to get her far in the game. Not saying she should play that angle or anything.. just that people are going to hear about it and just feel sorry for her.. they might feel too guilty to vote her out.. ya know?

I think Dan is going to be gone soon. People will hear Astronaut and just assume he must have enough money. Unless he has one kickass personality.. I don't think he's gonna be lasting long.

And ya... that's just my take on everything just from reading the bios heh :P

OOOO I can't wait for it!

Edited by Pallaton

I will not leave anything spoilerish here, but just looking at them I have to agree with you about Terry... He has a certian Tom flair about him...

My first thoughts/favorites after viewing their bios:

At this early stage I'm rooting for Bruce and Tina, and maybe Nick too since he's from my neck of the woods...I'm sure my favs will change though..

I personally don't think Melinda has a chance in the world...something about her bio spells A N N O Y I N G - but, hey, what do I know? she could win the whole thing....but I highly doubt it.... ;)

I know we all know about this but it made CNN. What better advertisement can you get?!

Courtesy of: CNN.COM, ENTERTAINMENT

Retired astronaut part of new 'Survivor'

Tuesday, January 10, 2006; Posted: 8:19 a.m. EST (13:19 GMT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- The next cast of CBS' "Survivor" will include a retired astronaut who flew in space three times, twice on the space shuttle Discovery.

The 12th version of the popular game, this time set in Panama, will feature tribes briefly separated by age and an exile where a contestant can profit after stomaching some time alone.

Dan Barry, a 52-year-old ex-astronaut from South Hadley, Massachusetts, is among the 16 cast members. Barry last flew in space in 2001, and he has four space walks to his name. A yoga instructor, nurse, engineer, lawyer, social worker and logging sports performer are among his competitors.

On "Survivor: Panama -- Exile Island," at least one cast member each episode will be sent alone to a separate island miles from the others. Hidden on the island, however, will be an immunity idol.

The next "Survivor" edition begins on CBS February 2.

Feb 2nd seems so far away... I can't wait but it seems like more info has gotten out about this game then the last ones

It seems that way -- last time all that was out early was the Stephenie speculation. Not much in spoilers until the very end, then there was some fairly accurate stuff out there. This time seems like the cats are out of the bag sooner.

I heard about Stephenie and Bobby Jon before the show started and then near the end I found out the final three, two and then the winner, and although Dani was my favorite, I didn't like knowing the results in advance :S I haven't heard anything about this season yet, guess I'm just not reading enough lol but that's ok, if so much is leaking out, I'll make sure to be careful.

This season has been really spoiled... The WHOLE cast was spoiled before the announcement, I already know some things that happen with the contestants during the show, and I already know the F2... Heck I knew the F8 long before the cast announcement...

Im goona try and keep myself in the dark. Suspence is fun. Unless you have a heart condition ...lol

There is a LOT out - of course we won't know the validity for a while -- but be careful what you read, and stay out of the spoiler section.

PS -- glad to see you are playing Neb's prediction challenge again!

Oh I definitely WILL be staying out of the spoiler section lol

And thanx, glad to be in it. I made third place after being away for a bit, hopefully I'll rock the boat this time around :D

This season has been really spoiled... The WHOLE cast was spoiled before the announcement, I already know some things that happen with the contestants during the show, and I already know the F2... Heck I knew the F8 long before the cast announcement...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that's gotta suck Yana :( Dang spoilers lol

Is it spoiled because this information mysteriously appeared to you or because you went looking for it?

Is it spoiled because this information mysteriously appeared to you or because you went looking for it?

I didn't go looking for it, no. I happen to know that over at sucks they have people that have contacts and can find the information. I didn't go looking, I just went to sucks where it was posted ALREADY. I visit sucks all the time, just like I do here. I haven't googled survivor spoilers that's for sure.

I didn't go looking for it, no. I happen to know that over at sucks they have people that have contacts and can find the information. I didn't go looking, I just went to sucks where it was posted ALREADY. I visit sucks all the time, just like I do here. I haven't googled survivor spoilers that's for sure.

That's cool. Thanks for the heads up on "sucks". Knowing they post spoiler info, I know its a place I don't want to go if I don't want my season ruined.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, LISTINGS GRID

Survivor: Panama Exile Preview

9:00 PM Channel 102 (Dishnetwork, eastern) TVGC (TV guide channel)

60 Mins.

A look at the upcoming 12th season of "Survivor", including the cast and this round's new twists.

Category: Entertainment

Release Year: 2006

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I don't get this channel...Does ANYONE? Can you give us some spoiler info? (Put in the spoiler thread of course) Maybe record and capture some pics?

It's nine days till Survivor and I am getting antsy. :blink:

Here is a link to some pictures... There are a lot of them... Be warned though there is some spoiler info there too... I love the TC area... Going to be interesting...

S12 TV Guide channel

Okay Im rooting for Ruth Marie And Cirie They are both from my home state and Cirie lives in the town and works at the hospital I was born at.

That's how it works in my neighbourhood....Support the local talent or they will kill you.... :P

Those are great pics - Thanx Yana

Im excited too I cant wait, I am really hoping these new twists will liven it up a bit!!

Well, they better hope so considering that the next Survivor is rumored to be back in Panama again... They better do something to liven it up...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

EXILE ISLAND HAS WI-FI?: In a first for network television, episodes of Survivor: Panama - Exile Island, debuting this Thursday at 8 pm/ET, will be made available for download directly from the CBS Corp. website, CBS.com, effectively cutting out the middle-man distributor. The episodes will be ready for purchase shortly after midnight each Thursday and will be viewable for 24 hours afterward

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Survivor: Panama