Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Survivor: Panama ~ Exile Island

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Survivor: Panama's Secrets Revealed!

by Deborah Starr Seibel

Jeff Probst, Survivor: Panama

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Survivor

by Ken McGilvray

April 27, 2006: The Fire Dancer Is Snuffed Out
OK, I realize it must be horrible to be forced to interact with the same set of people week after week, but Shane's imaginary Blackberry? That was just sheer insanity. It allowed him to "talk" to people "not on the island," but I wonder if he was also able to get through to his home planet. It's an amazing feat to be the oddest person on a team that includes a yoga guru and a fire dancer, but Shane has handily won the distinction. The guy also looked way too much like Charles Manson during tribal council, so if I were Aras or Cirie, I wouldn't let him near the machete. Terry not only won the reward and immunity but also the spankin' new SUV. I wonder if anyone has told him about the Survivor "car curse"? He might be the first to overcome it if he can make it to the final two. Terry will clearly have Austin's and Sally's votes and also Courtney's now that she's been stabbed in the back. Bruce may go either way and could potentially make Terry the winner. Now I'm jumping ahead of the game, just like the castaways did this episode. Lots of scrambling went on, but ultimately she who caught the biggest fish also caught the best break. But Cirie's temporary takeover could come back to haunt her, especially where Shane is concerned. In any case, she definitely had a good day, and provided plenty of comic relief. I was ecstatic to see Courtney depart because the tactic of antagonizing your way to the final two has been done to death. Katie, Twila and Judd (who failed at his attempt last season), I'm looking at you. Plus, I love when the person getting booted looks shocked.

The game should get very interesting from here on out. Terry knows he can't trust any former Casaya members, Shane will probably spin into an insane bout of paranoia, and how will Aras manage to stick around if Terry keeps kicking everyone's butt in the challenges? Also, I wonder if all of Danielle's talk of not going out in third place was a foreshadowing of things to come. It was great to see Bruce looking so much healthier since he's cleared up his blockage problem. I'm sure the remaining players will look equally as satisfied once they finally flush Shane from the game.
Posted by Ken McGilvray 04/28/2006 12:19 AM

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

Survivor

May 4, 2006: Casaya Continues to Eat Itself
Shane sure was thrilled to have crazy Courtney gone, wasn't he? Loved him calling her a "loopy broad." Pot, meet kettle. He was placated much too easily by the others and once again walked directly into their trap. It was good to see Aras, Cirie and Danielle all scheming and playing the game, but nobody can handle him- or herself in this game as well as Terry. The man is unstoppable; except it's highly unlikely he'll win. I know it's completely in vain, but I still hold out hope that some of the Casaya members might flip (especially a bitter Courtney and Shane) and Terry could prevail. Nah, who am I kidding, he doesn't stand a chance. I'd also love Cirie to win it all, but I don't think anyone will take her to the final two, so sadly I see her going out around the final three. We can at least go online and vote for her to win the new truck. The reward challenge was great, with Terry able to "play God" and make both Aras and Danielle resent him. But they would have sent Terry off to Exile Island if given the chance. I was amazed at how normal Shane's son was, but I guess the only way to rebel against a father like Shane is to act completely mature and sane. Boston does seem like a really good kid, so despite his crazy Survivor antics, it seems like Shane is a competent dad after all. Danielle's mom only looked a few years older than her daughter, and not only does Terry win everything, he's also the only one in Panama to get a conjugal visit. I understood Aras' frustration about Terry's choices, but dude, a wife and a mom are not the same thing, and if you think they are, then you better call Dr. Freud. Cirie's husband H.B. was hysterical and it made me like Cirie even more to see them together. It took true devotion on his part to do all her bidding around camp, but the pride in his eyes was very touching. Shane was a complete putz at the immunity challenge, but I guess I'm about as mature as he is because I snickered every time Probst announced Aras' or Terry's "flags were rising." But Shane took things too far by telling Terry to shut up and then mimicking Jeff. After the last tribal council, Shane should have been more vigilant, but he simply strutted around camp with his belly sticking out. (How does that happen with no food around, anyway?) Courtney's death glare as the jury entered was very telling. She has clearly not forgiven Danielle's deception. And speaking of expressions, Shane should never play poker because shock was written all over his face as he was ousted from the game. But his final words to his son did the one thing I thought would be impossible during this season

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

Survivor

May 11, 2006: Clash of the Egos
To be continued? What? Are you kidding me? I should have known something was up because the battle of the final four is usually saved for the finale. With Shane gone I figured the whining quotient would be cut in half, but I was wrong. From Terry flipping out at Cirie over her torch placement to the sniping and shoving at the challenge, it looked like Shane's crybaby crown has found a new head. Several heads actually, though I did laugh at Aras' "whambulance" comment (only the first time

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

Survivor

by Ken McGilvray

May 14 2006: Yoga Boy's Got It All Stitched Up... Plus: Reunion Time
Another season down and another million awarded (along with some sage tax advice from Jeff Probst). Aras might have had a sweep if he had a better answer for Bruce and if Shane hadn't thrown out a pointless question. In any case, Aras played a strong game and even earned the respect of rival Terry. As we learned in the reunion, Danielle really had no way to win

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, SOAP NEWS

Survivor Women Score Soap Cameos

Popular Survivor castaway Stephenie LaGrossa will visit Guiding Light on Thursday, June 8! She'll appear as a waitress in the Cooper family's restaurant, Company. Survivor fans fondly recall Stephenie from the Palau and Guatemala seasons. If that girl could kick butt in a primitive fire-making challenge, she should have no trouble serving Springfielders their morning cuppa coffee.

In related news, two women from Survivor: Panama

ElisabethF50

ElisabethF50

• Pip
  • 1,648 posts
I loved Stephanie!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users