Neil Peart

Angelo Joe

I have really been wanting to share this with you all, so, here goes... I played the drums for years and love the band Rush (Pink Floyd & Led Zeppelin more, but Rush is right there next to them). I believe they are from Canada, right? Anyway, I recently came across this animated video that was made in honor of Neil Peart, the drummer for Rush, who, by the way, I belive may be the best drummer to date! It's to the song YYZ and I was just blown away by it. It is in WMV format and is 43.5 MB, so I really don't recommend it for those of you with dial-up (unless you just love Rush and have the time to wait!). I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Neil Peart Animated Video

Guest Shockalot

Yeah.. I have to say that Rush was one of the tightest most skilled rock bands I have ever heard.

You might not even be into their particular songs or their sound - but their 'Musicianship' (if they say that now) is next to flawless perfection.

MuchMore Music (Canada version of 'MTV' I think) has been airing concert footage. Cant say exactly but its fairly recent.

The quality is extraordinary.

If you happen to also be 'into' their music (like me) then you are really in for a treat and a really good sound system would pay off on these.

No question - world class musicians and Id even say they set the highest standard others would try and attain for sheer skill and performance.

BTW Trivia: Does anyone in here remember the classic Rush hit 'Take Off (to the Great White North)'?

I think you have to be a certain age to remember crashing the shopping centre to score what was then vinyl albums.

"Take offfff.. to the Great White NOrthhhh.. take off.. its a Beauty way to go.. take off...."

Classic!

Rush rocks!! I have been to three of thier concerts... Alex Lifeson was funny on "Trailer Park Boys" last year... The Alex/Bubbles duet of "Closer To The Heart" was classic...

I think I still have my "Great White North" album somewhere...

Towel off Wetheads!!

Hosers..

Guest Shockalot

My old Bob and Doug Mackenzie album is still in a box somewhere in my sisters basement lol.. it is NOT in 'mint condition' either.

I think we played the helloutta that thing!

The thing here is - given a ridiculous song, probably written that morning on a napkin (Take Off) and Rush still finds a way to make it sound like a real piece of quality music.

Im gonna go try and find that one on the net... I will be shocked and thrilled if I do lol!

Wish me luck.

Archived