Big Brother Misses Obvious Rules Violation

Fuskie

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CuriousGeorge said:

"Side bar, if this goes uncorreted, it will lead others to think that the show is rigged and/or CBS/BB has a preference."

Swaggy already thinks it is rigged and he said so while he was in the house:

https://youtu.be/NzcDge1zAJA

IT IS RIGGED.  The Big Brother show is entertainment (not a competition, not a contest), and as such they are legally allowed to fix the outcome however they want, just like WWE.  FCC has ruled on it already, years ago.  They've been doing it for years (most blatantly last year), but this particular time it's especially bad since the general public can see the rules being completely broken in a key competition and production allowing it because Tyler/Angela is their main storyline and they don't want to lose either one.

1 hour ago, GrannyGz said:

I've been a fan for 20 seasons... AND will be a fan for another 20 seasons... IT IS ENTERTAINMENT!!  I watch the Super Bowl for the same reason and I can say there have been plenty of times that calls have been made which have been blatantly called wrong.  How many times over the years have we seen the guy step out of bounds but they didn't call it that way?...tons!  It's the game!  Mistakes happen!  True fans are passionate about this game. We love our side and our favorite person. We love to hate the other side... that is part of the fun watching the game.  Those that are real fans will stay real fans.  If you don't like how it plays out... DON"T WATCH IT!  Big Brother has made corrections to rules and games and all kinds of stuff over the years.  They will correct this for next time and I'm pretty sure that they will probably cut our feeds somewhat and limit our viewing more because of this which sucks, but hey it is entertainment and that is why I love it!  So for those of you that got your panties in a wad ... chill out or stop watching! :-)

Thank you. 

Someone said this is just entertainment. Is it really? There is a 500,000 prize and all who play hard should be respected. I’m a Tyler fan but rules were not followed and someone else could be losing out on winning that prize! I was really hoping B.B. was not rigged and have never thought so but this makes me feel different! I hope B.B. does the right thing

Ok does anyone remember when Hayleigh said that production asked her what she was good at? And then she won the first Hacker AND the very next HOH was the same type of comp and she won! done, she had her chance with help from production and failed. Nothing else on this subject. 

I was discussing past seasons of Big Brother where there were goofs in the competition outcomes with the members of our social media crew.  I couldn't remember when it happened, but I was pretty sure there was a do-over on BB USA.  Jedi remembered that during BB7, Danielle won HoH due to defective buzzers, and the competition was done over.  The details are here: 

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2006/08/big-brother-7-janelle_hoh/

47 minutes ago, BBLover4ever said:

Ok does anyone remember when Hayleigh said that production asked her what she was good at? And then she won the first Hacker AND the very next HOH was the same type of comp and she won! done, she had her chance with help from production and failed. Nothing else on this subject. 

Exactly!

My issue is that production while they can do little things here and there to help whichever HG  they want at lease I though that the players had an equal chance to win the comps.  It had opened my eyes to how shotty they run their comps.

Edited by MelissaD559
trying to delete but can't

1 hour ago, BBLover4ever said:

I totally agree!!

"IT IS RIGGED.  The Big Brother show is entertainment (not a competition, not a contest), and as such they are legally allowed to fix the outcome however they want, just like WWE."

It occurs to me that RealVegas might be part of the illusion. What would be more WWE than that?

11 minutes ago, MelissaD559 said:

My issue with this logic is that in Football and other sports you can do replays most of the time if there is a question about a call on the field.  I get production can do what they want but in this case they opened my eyes on how much they control the outcome are regardless of what rules they set forth if it's not caut right at that moment with the staff they have on hand (which they don't show at all)  they will not do anything to fix it.  I'm done with paying for feeds for sure after this and I will stop DVRing it so pretty much I"m not watching anymore.  Maybe they should play a disclaimer at the beginning of the show?  I wonder why they don't now.  I have a feeling that will be the case after this season.

I think it's also key to remember that when Big Brother started as a show, technology wasn't as advanced as it is now.  At the beginning, I certainly wasn't watching anything on my phone and texting blog responses.  Also, there were fewer "reality" shows on television and fewer cable outlets and programming in general.  I think that over the years the BB producers have started coming up with whatever gimmicks they can to keep the viewers watching.  I also think they probably make every houseguest feel completely comfortable in the diary room and like they are special and that secretly they are rooting for them, (when in the meantime they are treating every houseguest like that).  I wouldn't go as far as to say the game is rigged, but i do think production goes in to the beginning of the season with their favorites and then make adjustments along the way.  The producers may think someone is going to do really well at the beginning, but when they don't, probably cut them loose (as far as a lot of help in the game).  I think production makes alliances, just like the rest of the house.  Only they dump them once they realize it's not going anywhere.

6 hours ago, GrannyGz said:

I've been a fan for 20 seasons... AND will be a fan for another 20 seasons... IT IS ENTERTAINMENT!!  I watch the Super Bowl for the same reason and I can say there have been

plenty of times that calls have been made which have been blatantly called wrong.  How many times over the years have we seen the guy step out of bounds but they didn't call it that way?...tons!  It's the game!  Mistakes happen!  True fans are passionate about this game. We love our side and our favorite person. We love to hate the other side... that is part of the fun watching the game.  Those that are real fans will stay real fans.  If you don't like how it plays out... DON"T WATCH IT!  Big Brother has made corrections to rules and games and all kinds of stuff over the years.  They will correct this for next time and I'm pretty sure that they will probably cut our feeds somewhat and limit our viewing more because of this which sucks, but hey it is entertainment and that is why I love it!  So for those of you that got your panties in a wad ... chill out or stop watching! :-)

You read my mind.  The comments on "Disc-gate" are almost as entertaining as the show itself.  Lol.  I'm wondering if BB/CBS will stop showing HOH comps on live feeds because of this "scandal".  I just joined for a free month to watch the HOH comp and the damn app wouldn't work.  Don't think I'll bother continuing once the month is up 

While a season may be "manipulated" to favor a particular person or group of people, the final outcome is not fixed.  Look at the seasons where favorite or controversial players are brought back to get another chance (Dr. Will and Boogie or Paul last season).  There is no doubt a player can be asked questions in a way that makes them think someone is after them or is betraying them. Games can be scheduled to try to help a player to advance (Fessy in the slip and slide) but it is up to the player to make the information work for them (Haleigh during her HOH). 

If you do not enjoy the show because of this manipulation -- stop watching.  I sold all my CBS stock when Evel Dick poured tea over Jen's head and called her vile names.  I thought it was horrible.  Now all these years later I watch the show with different expectations and enjoy the show so much more knowing what I think doesn't matter!!  (I wish I still had that stock too!  :) )

2 hours ago, Keepittogether said:

I think it's also key to remember that when Big Brother started as a show, technology wasn't as advanced as it is now.  At the beginning, I certainly wasn't watching anything on my phone and texting blog responses.  Also, there were fewer "reality" shows on television and fewer cable outlets and programming in general.  I think that over the years the BB producers have started coming up with whatever gimmicks they can to keep the viewers watching.  I also think they probably make every houseguest feel completely comfortable in the diary room and like they are special and that secretly they are rooting for them, (when in the meantime they are treating every houseguest like that).  I wouldn't go as far as to say the game is rigged, but i do think production goes in to the beginning of the season with their favorites and then make adjustments along the way.  The producers may think someone is going to do really well at the beginning, but when they don't, probably cut them loose (as far as a lot of help in the game).  I think production makes alliances, just like the rest of the house.  Only they dump them once they realize it's not going anywhere.

I agree with this 100%.  

4 hours ago, Lindarmassengale said:

Someone said this is just entertainment. Is it really? There is a 500,000 prize and all who play hard should be respected. I’m a Tyler fan but rules were not followed and someone else could be losing out on winning that prize! I was really hoping B.B. was not rigged and have never thought so but this makes me feel different! I hope B.B. does the right thing

There's big money on the line for WWE wrestling, too. That's completely scripted/rigged.  The FCC ruled that Big Brother is "for entertainment only" and in that classification it is understood that they are fixing the game and/or have already chosen the ending/winner.  Completely legal, and totally allowed. Big Brother is not a competition, and it's not a contest. It's barely a game once you realize the comps are crafted to achieve the goals of production (promote favored player for the storyline they're pushing).  A lot of people don't seem to know this, and I can see the Tyler Country Fair-gate thing turning people off of the show.

14 hours ago, BBLover4ever said:

When did this happen?  Don't recall that.  Best thing to do is a redo of the HOH comp and let this be done with. 

I guess it was this weeks HOH where Scotty was called out by Tyler for a slip or something.  I found the tweet.  I know it's nothing without a time stamp though.9518.PNG.95a2469aaaf72e145ce8ec27488df4a9.PNG9518.PNG.95a2469aaaf72e145ce8ec27488df4a9.PNG

18 hours ago, GrannyGz said:

I've been a fan for 20 seasons... AND will be a fan for another 20 seasons... IT IS ENTERTAINMENT!!  I watch the Super Bowl for the same reason and I can say there have been

plenty of times that calls have been made which have been blatantly called wrong.  How many times over the years have we seen the guy step out of bounds but they didn't call it that way?...tons!  It's the game!  Mistakes happen!  True fans are passionate about this game. We love our side and our favorite person. We love to hate the other side... that is part of the fun watching the game.  Those that are real fans will stay real fans.  If you don't like how it plays out... DON"T WATCH IT!  Big Brother has made corrections to rules and games and all kinds of stuff over the years.  They will correct this for next time and I'm pretty sure that they will probably cut our feeds somewhat and limit our viewing more because of this which sucks, but hey it is entertainment and that is why I love it!  So for those of you that got your panties in a wad ... chill out or stop watching! :-)

Im sorry I totally disagree with with you.  I am also a BB fan of 20 years.  I believe in fairness and integrity.  There is a lot of money on the line and this show should not be a rigged show.  You cannot compare this to football as those players are paid regardless to the outcome.  Hailley or Scottie could possibly go home ending their opportunity on a lie.  Trust and believe I will not watch BB again if that situation is not handled.  Right now I feel like the show is rigged and Production has in mind who they want to win.

9 hours ago, BBLurkerPlus said:

There's big money on the line for WWE wrestling, too. That's completely scripted/rigged.  The FCC ruled that Big Brother is "for entertainment only" and in that classification it is understood that they are fixing the game and/or have already chosen the ending/winner.  Completely legal, and totally allowed. Big Brother is not a competition, and it's not a contest. It's barely a game once you realize the comps are crafted to achieve the goals of production (promote favored player for the storyline they're pushing).  A lot of people don't seem to know this, and I can see the Tyler Country Fair-gate thing turning people off of the show.

Ok, I get it now based on your reply.  I am totally turned off.  I am still holding out that BB will fix the situation by Thursday.  If not I have better things to do with my time.

There sure are a lot of new posters here who've taken the time to sign up just to let us know that they're upset and probably gonna stop watching BB because of this.

For all of you who've decided to stop watching, goodbye. You'll be missed.

1 hour ago, Apsladye said:

Im sorry I totally disagree with with you.  I am also a BB fan of 20 years.  I believe in fairness and integrity.  There is a lot of money on the line and this show should not be a rigged show.  You cannot compare this to football as those players are paid regardless to the outcome.  Hailley or Scottie could possibly go home ending their opportunity on a lie.  Trust and believe I will not watch BB again if that situation is not handled.  Right now I feel like the show is rigged and Production has in mind who they want to win.

Ok, I get it now based on your reply.  I am totally turned off.  I am still holding out that BB will fix the situation by Thursday.  If not I have better things to do with my time.

Thank you.  i could not have said it any better.   Wrong is wrong and you have to make it right at any cost.  

46 minutes ago, WOC said:

There sure are a lot of new posters here who've taken the time to sign up just to let us know that they're upset and probably gonna stop watching BB because of this.

For all of you who've decided to stop watching, goodbye. You'll be missed.

i am a true super fan of BB and, I have been viewing Morty's BB postings from the start.  This is the first year that I have started posting on this site.  It was because all the things that were going on during this season.  For people that have been watching BB for 20 years know that there is something NOT right about this season.