Jump to content
Fuskie

Big Brother Misses Obvious Rules Violation

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Littlesarabella said:

CBS needs to go back and give Hailey the title of HOH. It is clear it was an over site, but it would be totally sad to see them just let this situation go. To redo the comp is not fair either. They each suffered injuries from the original comp and with this footage it is very clear unknowingly Tyler messed up. In the real world and you make mistakes, they are fixed and corrected. As a fan from season 1 till now, when there has been a question as to comps...they always check the footage and correct it. So I have nothing against Tyler, but Hailey clearly won. She can even once seeing the footage herself will have a good reason to bring legal counsel in. Even though it is a game.....game rules have to be followed! CBS, do the right thing and fix your oversite. Otherwise this show will appear as a rigged reality show!!

 

There's no legal case because this is a "for entertainment only" program where the ending can be pre-determined, despite appearances (i.e. production can make whoever they want the winner by meddling in DRs or comps):

 

The FCC literally categorizes Big Brother as a "for entertainment only" program, “similar to professional wrestling in that it is a pseudo-contest in which the outcome is fully, or in some measure, predetermined.”  This is the FCC's exact words.

 

But yeah, this is the most blatant problem/cheat in years, and it's played out with video proof.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hay did not win and we'll never know if she would of. If Tyler had dropped out of the contest at that point in the game then the results would have been completely different because they weren't playing alone at that point. It wasn't just him and Hay left when this happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DeziBlue said:

They could do a reset week. Also remove JC for his inappropriate behavior. My opinion .. Even though Haleigh and Ty said they aren't threatened by JC, is it "right" to allow him to continue to vie for the prise money?? Rejecting JC and having a reset would eliminate a triple eviction others are talking about.

Yeah, a rewind of this week, and a DE next week, and then just watch JC for his next infraction and use that to eliminate him (he's WAY overdue - 3x grabbing Ty's crotch, tying bathroom door open while Hay using it, bajina scooping with ice-cream scooper, N-word usage as recently as last week after multiple warnings...the list goes on and on).

 

That would fix it and be fair to Hay, who clearly won the HoH, but doesn't know it.

2 minutes ago, WOC said:

Hay did not win and we'll never know if she would of. If Tyler had dropped out of the contest at that point in the game then the results would have been completely different because they weren't playing alone at that point. It wasn't just him and Hay left when this happened.

 

The only thing that's certain is Tyler didn't win.  Hay likely would have won.  Everyone that dropped off was exhausted or sick. They wouldn't have lasted longer just because Ty dropped.  Hay went 17 minutes after the last non-Ty competitor dropped.  NONE of them were overcoming that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BBLurkerPlus said:

The only thing that's certain is Tyler didn't win.  Hay likely would have won.  Everyone that dropped off was exhausted or sick. They wouldn't have lasted longer just because Ty dropped.  Hay went 17 minutes after the last non-Ty competitor dropped.  NONE of them were overcoming that.

 

Who knows what is likely? Maybe Hay would have lost interest if Tyler was gone? Maybe KC would have tried even harder knowing she was it? We will never know and it's ludicrous to assume. Tyler laid his intentions out there with his HOH and it wouldn't be fair to him to just give it to who he just nominated. It is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeziBlue said:

They could do a reset week. Also remove JC for his inappropriate behavior. My opinion .. Even though Haleigh and Ty said they aren't threatened by JC, is it "right" to allow him to continue to vie for the prise money?? Rejecting JC and having a reset would eliminate a triple eviction others are talking about.

 

Thats what I was saying, but you explained it better. I think it would be the most fair solution 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If BB chooses to do nothing about this blatant rule violation, then it’s safe to assume that production has a preferred winner, who is Tyler.   Also while it’s true that houseguests break small “rules” frequently, like over sleeping, eating forbidden food while a HN, singing etc., none of those behaviors really effect the long term play of the game. Tyler’s violation though is the difference between Hayleigh being HOH and now potentially going home.  That’s a big deal and for the sanctity of the game and the trust of the viewers, I hope B.B. corrects it.  I doubt they will though.  I’m sure they are hoping this just blows over.  Lame...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

100% they need to go back and fix this mistake. It's about the integrity of the game and the rules they set out. By not fixing it they are disregarding there own rules and making it look like they are rigging the game maybe because they think tyler is there favorite. The evidence is clear and there is lots of time to fix it, he should be out based on the time his feet come off and hayliegh should be HOH. Bring them to the living room tell them what happened and show them the footage. Give hayliegh 5 minutes to make her noms then do a Q and A POV comp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Streid said:

100% they need to go back and fix this mistake. It's about the integrity of the game and the rules they set out. By not fixing it they are disregarding there own rules and making it look like they are rigging the game maybe because they think tyler is there favorite. The evidence is clear and there is lots of time to fix it, he should be out based on the time his feet come off and hayliegh should be HOH. Bring them to the living room tell them what happened and show them the footage. Give hayliegh 5 minutes to make her noms then do a Q and A POV comp. 

Can they do that? Yes. Will they do that? Unlikely.  I think they're trying to just hope it blows over.  The more people that forward this story with the CLEAR PROOF he should have been DQed to news outlets, the less chance they can get away with doing nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that you will never really know what would have happened and that this is a TV show, but the week would have been totally different depending on who won the HOH. I don’t know if you can reset the week, but at the very least Hailey should be safe this week and given a HOH next week. She’s going to lose $500,000 because whoever was supposed to be watching the cameras wasn’t paying attention.  That kind of money can change a persons life.  Big brother needs to make it right or be prepared to lose a lot of fans. There are a lot of questionable things that happen in the BB house, but the integrity of the game should not be compromised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CBS will cover this until the end. There is no going back on it, changing it, or giving both $500,000. They will play it out as is. My biggest issue is with CBS letting a pervert/molester by the name JC, stay in that house for a chance to be “rewarded” (not that he will win) with $500,000. That just goes to show you that CBS has no morals. Nevermind DQ’ing Tyler. To me CBS allowing JC to continue is the biggest infraction/violation of all. But if the president of the USA can get away with grabbing women by the pussy and paying them off for sex why bother with someone like JC (insert sarcasm here). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Keepittogether said:

If BB chooses to do nothing about this blatant rule violation, ...

Is it a "blatant rule violation?"

 

So far we have seen DR testimonials as to what the rules were interpreted to be by participants who lost. We have not seen the actual rules. Until then as far as we know Tyler was allowed to pick his feet up higher than the disc.  

 

Find the rules and then make the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PeytonRN said:

I get that you will never really know what would have happened and that this is a TV show, but the week would have been totally different depending on who won the HOH. I don’t know if you can reset the week, but at the very least Hailey should be safe this week and given a HOH next week. She’s going to lose $500,000 because whoever was supposed to be watching the cameras wasn’t paying attention.  That kind of money can change a persons life.  Big brother needs to make it right or be prepared to lose a lot of fans. There are a lot of questionable things that happen in the BB house, but the integrity of the game should not be compromised. 

If they keep her safe this week (which she is pretty much. Scottie will be evicted) and give her $500,000 then they have to admit wrong doing and error on their part. It won’t happen. Unfortunately CBS just does not care. If they went to the trouble to have Angela re-record or dub the reading of the rules (and that recording is blatantly obvious) then they have done “their part” and won’t do anything different. It’s sad but true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CuriousGeorge said:

Is it a "blatant rule violation?"

 

So far we have seen DR testimonials as to what the rules were interpreted to be by participants who lost. We have not seen the actual rules. Until then as far as we know Tyler was allowed to pick his feet up higher than the disc.  

 

Find the rules and then make the case.

3 Separate rule readings from the DR agree, and they were recorded at different times.  That, plus the amateurish overdub of Angela reading the rules with different audio in the middle AND the confirmation from realvegas that the rules have been at least one foot on the disc AT ALL TIMES since BB17 is PLENTY of compelling evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, grannysue1154 said:

Here's my penny thought.  We all know Big Brother is a production, an improv play of sorts, however when an error is made like this that could affect the outcome, something should be done.  Immediately we think how this has hurt Haleigh's game, but it has changed the game of every player in the house.  They are not playing this game for the stipend they receive, ultimately they are playing for a substantial amount of money. To not correct this is very irresponsible.  

 

Here's my 1/2 penny thought....I don't think for one hot second that Angela does not know exactly what happened.  And if she knows, Tyler most certainly does.  If any other house guest had noticed that slip they would have pointed it out.  Angela cheated to benefit Tyler, and if he knows it, she has power over him in this game that is unprecedented.  How can he ever put her on the block, knowing she could tell what happened.

GrannySue, she has power over him no matter what. He has the hots for her and will save her at any cost. I think he’s starting to let his feelings for her affect his game. If he was smart, knowing he has feelings for her, he should’ve nominated her this week with Someone who wouldn’t go home.  He’s losing his concentration on his goal for some self entitled spoiled brat. (I love your comments on the LFU. I hope I didn’t offend you if you like Angela :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, CuriousGeorge said:

By losers.  Get the rules. 

 

Yuck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do a reset of the week.. Like they did here in Canada it’s a great game changer and will help this error, If this is how big brother play and have pre determined Tyler the winner I will have to possibly quit watching this show. If though I enjoy and have not missed a season .. The thing is How are the players in this game going to feel once it’s over and see this.. It’s always going to be could’ve should’ve and haunt them for years. It’s not fair to them in the house or the viewers.. It’s a what if scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cherry463 said:

Do a reset of the week.. Like they did here in Canada it’s a great game changer and will help this error, If this is how big brother play and have pre determined Tyler the winner I will have to possibly quit watching this show. If though I enjoy and have not missed a season .. The thing is How are the players in this game going to feel once it’s over and see this.. It’s always going to be could’ve should’ve and haunt them for years. It’s not fair to them in the house or the viewers.. It’s a what if scenario.

 

And unlike us, THEY all HEARD the rules from production directly on the PA and KNOW Tyler broke them.  If Ty wins, it will never be clean.  Hay will always wonder "what if".  It's completely not fair and has undertones of sexism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion if the producers don’t try to come up with some kind of fix or remedy for this, whoever wins this season isn’t going to be seen as really winning and it will always be seen as a fake win by true B.B. fans.  

 

As hard as he’s been playing, I doubt that Tyler would want to win like this either. I’m not as big a fan as some are of Tyler, but I do think he didn’t realize his error in the HOH competition. Everyday that goes by though, makes it more unlikely that the producers will do anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pfeifchris77 said:

GrannySue, she has power over him no matter what. He has the hots for her and will save her at any cost. I think he’s starting to let his feelings for her affect his game. If he was smart, knowing he has feelings for her, he should’ve nominated her this week with Someone who wouldn’t go home.  He’s losing his concentration on his goal for some self entitled spoiled brat. (I love your comments on the LFU. I hope I didn’t offend you if you like Angela :-)

Not at all!  Thank you, I am always happy to hear it when people enjoy my ramblings!  I don't have a favorite this year, I like them all for one reason or another.   I do think you are right, Tyler potentially will lose this game to Angela and she does seem to feel entitled without remorse. Keep reading Morty's, because you can only find Grannysue here!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×