Big Brother Misses Obvious Rules Violation

Fuskie

6 hours ago, Apsladye said:

Ok, I get it now based on your reply.  I am totally turned off.  I am still holding out that BB will fix the situation by Thursday.  If not I have better things to do with my time.

I don't think they'll fix it. It serves the storyline they have been cultivating to leave it the way it is, even though he clearly broke the rules (verified by KC, JC, Scotty, Liz and @realvegas4sure).

I'm actually considering ditching the show, too. I HATE the fakeness of WWE, and this has brought into focus that I've been putting up with the same thing on Big Brother even though I knew in the back of my mind it's the same thing. It's just SO BLATANT with this rules violation.

The fact that this became the #1 thread for the year for views in BB20 General discussion in just 3 days says a lot about the level of interest in this excused cheating by production.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, BBLurkerPlus said:

The fact that this became the #1 thread for the year for views in BB20 General discussion in just 3 days says a lot about the level of interest in this excused cheating by production.

The level of interest, for me, is the indignation about purported "cheating" when the rules have never been revealed. So far, no one actually knows.  Tyler is openly saying to other houseguests that his feet left the disc and they have accepted it.  

JC would manipulate this scandal to his advantage in no time,  if it was a scandal. 

Until the rules are available for this specific BB20 contest, there is no there there.  

As far as Angela being dubbed over? Big deal.  Houseguests aren't professional game show hosts.  Maybe she sneezed so they did a do over later.

Much ado about nothing. 

Just now, CuriousGeorge said:

The level of interest, for me, is the indignation about purported "cheating" when the rules have never been revealed.

You keep saying this, but the fact that JC, KC, and Scottie all referred to it directly for BB20 on video and @realvegas4sure in BB production also verified the rule is the same since BB17 (where liz explicitly states it) clearly shows production let Tyler break the rules and get HoH even though Haleigh won.

19 minutes ago, CuriousGeorge said:

I do have to admit that I have no idea who realvegas really is. I know that she writes like an authority. But, who is she?

Rachel was on BB a few years ago.  She won the 2nd season she was on.   Her BB "showmance" turned into a marriage and they were both on Amazing Race.    For the life of me I can't remember her last name.  

1 hour ago, BBLurkerPlus said:

Actually the "Sam" thread has more views and replies. But I'm sure this thread will be kept alive by some more new members who come along and post just once or twice on this thread, like the five or six we already have. 

No one, who has any power, cares. There are millions of fans still wondering who will win veto. BB isn't going to change anything. All the butthurt fans need to just move on. Maybe go back to counting the hanging chads from the Bush/Gore election.

I found this on the realvegas tweet stream:

Tasha Meadors

@Tashajmaa

·

15h

I take it you didn't watch the live feeds. Not the clip posted without sound. He didn't lift his feet to readjust and keep his mouth shut. He was hit and knocked off and they all talked through the whole things. 3 people congratulated him for getting back on including Hay.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tashajmaa/status/1037218291306164225

BBLurker, have you listened to the sound? Is this true?

To answer the question as to who REALvegas4sure is, only REALvegas knows 4 sure.  Her avatar of Rachel is just for laughs.  Like I mentioned the other twitter accounts of the past, we never found out who they were.  Maybe it is a ploy by production, she did incorrectly predict the type of HoH one week.  It kinda gave me the impression someone described it to her, maybe by text or phone,  and she misinterpreted the type of competition.  Other than that slight error she's been correct.

Also for those of you asking to see and hear the media on this subject, it's at the beginning of this topic thread.

For those of you yelling "RIGGED," here's my opinion: Yes & No.  I watched the competition very carefully from different angles and I rewound to get good screen caps to use on the update page, just the normal way I make up the pictures of competitions. I never saw the infraction.  Oh, it was there alright, but they were spinning around and I never noticed.  I believe it was an honest oversight that wasn't detected until the contest was over.  And then, once they found out, I think they failed in correcting the problem and not addressing the issue.  But in general, there are too many variables for the entire game to be rigged. There are too many random events that can't be controlled, there are too many games in booths where the HGs have to know answers, too many times they'd go to a tie-breaker, then there's the PoV, and the vote.

Look at Big Brother 15 and Amanda Zuckerman, it was rumored that she was friends of a producer and it was pre-planned that she'd win, but she didn't make it to Final Four.  I feel Paul was given an unfair advantage, but he never would have made it to the end without his loyal followers, and then he still didn't win first prize.

15 minutes ago, morty said:

Also for those of you asking to see and hear the media on this subject, it's at the beginning of this topic thread.

I did not see anything like Tasha described in the link I provided.  Is there a media clip that has the audio before, during, and after Tyler lifts his feet?

It would resolve this.

5 hours ago, JustJanToo said:

Rachel was on BB a few years ago.  She won the 2nd season she was on.   Her BB "showmance" turned into a marriage and they were both on Amazing Race.    For the life of me I can't remember her last name.  

Realvegas4sure is not rachel, but someone actually on-site with production daily. Her info is just way too inside to be someone that's not there daily.

5 hours ago, WOC said:

Actually the "Sam" thread has more views and replies. But I'm sure this thread will be kept alive by some more new members who come along and post just once or twice on this thread, like the five or six we already have. 

No one, who has any power, cares. There are millions of fans still wondering who will win veto. BB isn't going to change anything. All the butthurt fans need to just move on. Maybe go back to counting the hanging chads from the Bush/Gore election.

Nope. Sam thread has about 500 less views now and losing ground, still.

3 hours ago, morty said:

To answer the question as to who REALvegas4sure is, only REALvegas knows 4 sure.  Her avatar of Rachel is just for laughs.  Like I mentioned the other twitter accounts of the past, we never found out who they were.  Maybe it is a ploy by production, she did incorrectly predict the type of HoH one week.  It kinda gave me the impression someone described it to her, maybe by text or phone,  and she misinterpreted the type of competition.  Other than that slight error she's been correct.

Thanks Morty!   I had no idea that it wasn't her ... just assumed.    

10 minutes ago, BBLurkerPlus said:

Realvegas4sure is not rachel, but someone actually on-site with production daily. Her info is just way too inside to be someone that's not there daily.

And thank you too, BBLurkerPlus!    

28 minutes ago, snancypants said:

Everyone keeps referring to REALvegas as a she.  Do we even know this?   There has been speculation it is AG but we certainly don't know this.  I thought it was a he.  

Whoever it is - the get some pretty good info and I personally love a good spoiler. 

It's a sexist assumption, but I made it because the posts are bitchy, so realvegas4sure is a chick or a queen.  Oh, and she lies, too.  Eveldick caught her following him, then unfollowing him when he called her out in a tweet as being Allison Grodner herself or someone directly approved by her, and realvegas4sure denied ever following/unfollowing him even though he SAW it happen.

Hello Everybody,

Thanks BBLurker for posting this thread with all of the cover-up evidence clearly there for anybody with a brain to see. 

I've always been frustrated with BB Production and their timely "twists" or competitions that favor one house guests over another. So let's say that this rope competition were Tyler designed and Tyler won it. I would've been completely frustrated and cried foul! I would have ranted for awhile. But then I would've accepted it as Big Brother and went on with my week. 

However, this blatant rule breaking and subsequent cover up is my final straw. Production has ZERO integrity and I might as WELL be watching WWE because without the integrity of the competition itself, that's exactly what Big Brother becomes. Even worse because the people cooped up in that house become NASTY as it is! In the past, Big Brother didn't address any of the awful behavior in house because until it affected the game. (aka Aaryn BB13)  But since the GAME ITSELF is now a farce, all that is left is watch people treat each other in the nastiest ways possible! If the competitions no longer carry meaning then all you have is JC's problematic behavior! (Which Production has also been covering up by the way) 

As I type this, Production has less than 3 hours to fix this or Big Brother loses it's integrity as a game show. And then becomes the "Real World" that aired on MTV way back in the day. 

Sorry. But just listening to Tyler's smugness about the whole situation makes me want to vomit. 

He's really ready to send somebody that doesn't deserve to go, out the door.. 

17 hours ago, CuriousGeorge said:

Sometimes people with brains think that the actual rules should be presented prior to condemnation. 

Are you referring to yourself? Because you only showed up to say practically the same dang thing for 23 posts. As far as anyone is aware, Big Brother doesn’t allow the publishing of their game rules. This gives them more leeway for interpreting them. But if you are so determined to believe otherwise, please find them and enlighten the rest of us. What we can glean about the rules has already been shared.

And as much as I like Tyler, I can only judge by what I’ve been shown, and it clearly looks like an infraction. And sadly, I highly doubt Big Brother will ever clarify it, but I bet in the future we won’t hear contestants refer to needing to keep one foot on the platform. And if this happens, I will bet that they will have changed the rules. But I can typically only guess and make bets.

This is interesting:

As far as anyone is aware, Big Brother doesn’t allow the publishing of their game rules. 

That is the same thing that I have been saying over and over. And the result is the same.  We don't know the rules.  

And as much as I like Tyler, I can only judge by what I’ve been shown, and it clearly looks like an infraction.

It has been repeated over and over that a clear infraction has happened even though it is acknowledged that the rules are unknown. Expecting a different result?

4 minutes ago, CuriousGeorge said:

That is the same thing that I have been saying over and over. And the result is the same.  We don't know the rules.  

I see you said that maybe once in all your numerous posts on the same subject, but otherwise you keep asking to see the rule book, which I’ve found to be tedious. If you know we can’t show it to you, please stop asking to see it.

Since they won’t show it or clarify it, when it obviously ought to be clarified, we can only determine the rules from what we’ve been told repeatedly.  The need to keep at least one foot on the platform at all times was aired several times.

Unless, I hear otherwise directly from B.B., I will always assume this was an infraction. And when we stop hearing people mention they need to keep a foot on the platform, I will assume they changed the rule, because that is the option left to us.

You believe what you will, but the constant calling for a rule book that will never be shown has gotten old.

I found a video with audio:

https://bigbrother2go.com/2018/08/31/big-brother-20-video-of-the-hoh-competition-for-august-30/

Around 21 minutes into the video Tyler loses his footing.  Angela's outloud encouragement expresses her hope that Tyler gets his feet back on the disc.  This is not inconsistent with the only rules we actually know of which where read at the beginning of the competition. Tyler grunts and groans as he flails about and then he acknowledges out loud of his success. I cannot make out what is said by a female  voice after the incident. 

Everyone carried on like nothing was wrong with what Tyler did or with what Angela was saying while Tyler was struggling. 

20 minutes ago, CuriousGeorge said:

Thanks. This actually makes a good case that he didn’t break the rules. But it is still a bit unclear to me.

20 minutes ago, CuriousGeorge said:

Everyone carried on like nothing was wrong with what Tyler did or with what Angela was saying while Tyler was struggling.

It sounds to me like JC whispers ‘sketchy’ right at the 21:32-34 mark after Tyler regains footing. So it sounds like the one foot thing might have been told to them at some point, otherwise it wouldn’t be repeated so much. I think people being concerned is still justified and wish B.B. would clarify

At the 32min mark Kaycee remarks that she is sitting on her heels and Angela reassures her that "her butt isn't touching."  Again it is consistent with the only rules read during this competition. 

Hikiki, I thought it was Tyler that said "sketchy." I'll listen again.  There is another voice that is higher pitched than Kaycee but doesn't sound like Sam just after Tyler regains control. Everyone laughs at what she said, but I can't make it out.