Big Brother Misses Obvious Rules Violation

Fuskie

This reads like production telling Tyler and Angela to diffuse the situation by trying to push the narrative that feet off the disc is okay.  JC clearly wasn't read in and keeps trying to say that, no, the rule was (and IS) that you have to keep one foot on the disc.  This took place after production knew that people were posting stuff from the Sunday broadcast reinforcing that Tyler should have been DQed.  I wouldn't be surprised if production was behind this.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no matter how anyone feels about the situation, production has met - reviewed the footage - and ruled.  It was not caught during the actual competition and too much game has transpired to make any changes.  Tyler was not TRYING to break the rules.  I think this is unfortunate but I do not believe it was a set up for Tyler to win. 

All our admonishments are not going to change the ruling. 

3 minutes ago, CuriousGeorge said:

In that video JC understands that feet(plural) had to be on the platform.  The DR people say foot.

Sounds like the rules were pretty vague. 

They were not vague about 0 feet on the disc. All versions recounted were at LEAST one foot on the disc, or optionally two.  0 is disqualification in all scenarios.

4 minutes ago, CuriousGeorge said:

You don't know that.  What you do know is that the contestants have different versions of the rules that aren't available to us. 

I know that now in FOUR versions recounting the rules ALL of them say that no feet on the disc is disqualification.  That's on video, there's no disputing it.

KC, Scottie, JC, and Liz (BB17) all said it.  Also @realvegas4sure confirmed one foot at all times has been the rule since BB17.  

So yeah, the evidence is pretty overwhelming just from what we DO have.

Maybe RealVegas can pop a quick shot of the rulebook up on her feed so we can stop speculating. 

According to Lina(the tweeter that Morty used for the video of Tyler), Kaycee said that "both feet" need to remain on the platform.  Should we go back and scrutinize the feeds and see if any competitors raised one foot and altered the outcome?  Maybe the DR versions of the rules are just a cover so the one-footers don't lose their final standing in the competition. 

Regardless of the feet foot rule Tyler’s FEET were Off! The Rules were Broke look at the pictures it’s right there. 

The only thing is big brother might have made a ruling and keeping it very hush-hush Until Wednesday they might have a change that we don’t know about.Wouldn’t that be a good thing be a great highlighter to kind of like Dull part of a show right now. Really I don’t care about Angela or Tylers showmace. Having this happen and the change in the show at this late in the game would be great! Who wouldn’t want this?

29 minutes ago, CuriousGeorge said:

Maybe RealVegas can pop a quick shot of the rulebook up on her feed so we can stop speculating. 

According to Lina(the tweeter that Morty used for the video of Tyler), Kaycee said that "both feet" need to remain on the platform.  Should we go back and scrutinize the feeds and see if any competitors raised one foot and altered the outcome?  Maybe the DR versions of the rules are just a cover so the one-footers don't lose their final standing in the competition. 

You have no idea what you're talking about. Just WATCH THE VIDEO IN THE SECOND POST OF THIS THREAD.  KC CLEARLY says you have to keep ONE FOOT on the DISC at ALL TIMES.  Watch it for yourself before you spout off more completely wrong info.  And RealVegas4sure DID quote the rule in her tweet - the only rule that matters in this comp.

No he was going by what Angela said the rules were and should just play it as that. He did nothing wrong.  They should remove JC for his inappropriate behavior.  He has done several things not right to his teammates.  He should be eliminated and reset the game.

19 hours ago, JustJanToo said:

I doubt that Tyler knew he broke the rule.  My guess is just an honest mistake . 

Then again ... I'm a bit naive about a lot of what goes on with BB production!   :rolleyes:   No idea if they caught this and then did a cover-up or just screwed up.

The problem with declaring Haleigh the winner is no one can predict what would have happened if Tyler had been called out and dropped 2nd.  Would the others in his alliance fight harder? 

IMO,  the only FAIR way to settle this would be  a re-set of this week.   The problem with that is it would throw off the # in the house.   Two double evictions?   A TRIPLE eviction?  They would have to do something to make the HG #s come out right at the end of the show.

Hopefully they will come up with something to make this right.

I don't agree with making Haleigh HOH automatically (for my reasons above) but I do agree with your last sentence about both of their games being negatively affected.  Whoever goes to Jury next will let everyone know that Tyler "cheated" and that will hurt any jury votes.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with this screw-up, how CBS handles it.  Coughing up the $$ to both of them is an excellent idea!  

Makes no difference if he made a mistake, the fact remains that he broke the rules and should have been disqualified. BB should do something to right this injustice or the show will be tarnished forever. A lot of people already think the game is rigged each season. And why should CBS cough up any money to Tyler, he disqualified himself!

53 minutes ago, WOC said:

I didn't know there were so many millennials on this site.

LOL :)   Not sure why that gave me a chuckle.   I had to look up the age range of millennials.   I'm a Baby Boomer myself ...  born 1947.

My husband  and I both enjoy BB.   I like to know what is going on day-by-day and he just wants to watch the TV version of the show.   I'm not allowed to let him know what goes on between the 3 weekly shows.

33 minutes ago, CuriousGeorge said:

https://twitter.com/Ceitinn69/status/1036797363715682304

The person at the above link has a screenshot of Natalie during BB18 pulling her feet off the disc and not being disqualified. Maybe RealVegas can look into that rulebook.

And it was against the rules then too but it was also missed until late.. But ultimately, Natalie didn’t win that HoH so it wasn’t really a big deal.  Slip ups happen and things get missed, this must be a tedious challenge to monitor so more things get missed, but when it changes the outcome of the game, it matters. Tyler being HoH changes who goes up and who goes home. 

I don’t think RealVegas owes anyone a screen capture of the rule book, especially when the rules are completely apparent and it’s something that could get her fired.

There is plenty of evidence that the rule was broken. Tyler has even implied he knows. They wouldn’t be talking about feet or foot off the disk if it didn’t matter. And are you really going to hold JC’s poor English as an example of anything?

I doubt anything will change your mind. You seem to want to believe what you want to believe despite plenty of evidence to the contrary so have at it

"There is plenty of evidence that the rule was broken. Tyler has even implied he knows."

Tyler doesn't imply any such thing.  He explains how he understood the rules. JC also explains how JC understood the rules. The both have an understanding that is not only different from each other, it is different from what RealVegas claims.

2 hours ago, JustJanToo said:

LOL :)   Not sure why that gave me a chuckle.   I had to look up the age range of millennials.   I'm a Baby Boomer myself ...  born 1947.

My husband  and I both enjoy BB.   I like to know what is going on day-by-day and he just wants to watch the TV version of the show.   I'm not allowed to let him know what goes on between the 3 weekly shows.

I'm like you, but I'm considering going back to just watching the show, like your husband.

I find it slightly humorous reading all the outrage over this topic. It's also a little insane to assume Hay would have been the winner if Tyler had been caught with his foot off the disc and pulled from the game. Brett and KC were still in the game at that point (I believe) and I can assume, like those assuming Hay would have won, that either of those people would have reached inside and hung on if Tyler was out. I don't know why so many people are suddenly anti-Tyler. He played a great game the first few weeks, but the rest of his alliance have stepped up in the weeks since and the other side (Foute) were just horrible in their decision making and game moves. They made L6 successful with the dumb ass moves they made. It wasn't production.  This game was set up for production by casting. At this point, I don't care who wins because everybody is likable in some way. After last years debacle and blatant bullying, which production allowed to go on, this cast is a dream team to me. 

I agree with this cast being a dream team as Paul Josh and Christmas were just disgusting IMO. I feel they went beyond the pale how they played. I would be happy with anyone in there now winning except for maybe JC . Not ony cuz he's creepy but he hasn't won anything.

If you really listen to Kaycee’s recitation of the rules, she says you have to keep t least one foot on the disk, there’s a pause, and then she says “because if you slip...”.  

So, I’m not sure if there was some editing there..but what she was saying can be interpreted two ways...one) you had to keep one foot on the disk or you were out  or two) she was saying in order to not slip and sit on the disk, you needed to keep at least one foot on the disk. 

It really comea down to what was said. Angela’s clip sounds like there was some editing or voiceovers so that’s not conclusive either. 

I think that Tyler's HOH should be stripped because of 1. INTEGRITY OF BB and HOH should be given to rightful winner.  2. IT WILL AFFECT THE OUTCOME OF WHO GOES HOME.  3. IT IS UNFAIR TO HAILEY.  What is right is right.  they should tell them after reviewing the tape, tyler's feet were off the disk and has been disqualified. 

Side bar, if this goes uncorreted, it will lead others to think that the show is rigged and/or CBS/BB has a preference.

FIX IT BB.  IT IS THE ONLY RIGHT THING TO DO.

CBS is proving what a dinosaur it is in this field.  Maybe when then started this game 20 seasons ago it could get away with this but now no.  CBS needs to realize that not all that contestants will voluntarily say "hey I did a pull up to readjust myself and both feet left the disk I'm out".  Hay had less eyes helping her right?  More level 6 than people that would help her.  Maybe Scotty would have said something that's all she had.  I was thinking Ty might not have known he did what he did but he is also a fierce competitor and wanted to win so there is a good chance he did realize it.  CBS failed us all by not doing video playback before giving the HOH win, and I'm not talking about just this controversial HOH ALL of the HOH and Veto comps should have a video review before they reward the winner/ and or some other method that uses the tech we now have.  7 Years ago maybe the technology wasn't at everybody's fingertips to freeze frame on something like this?  Now everybody can if they want to.  

How many players in the game wanted TY to win over Hay?  Ty had previously called out Scotty on a DQ so this proves the point that Hay was outnumbered in how many players would help catch rule violations. 

Another point I wanted to make is maybe HG will have to change how they play and it would be more interesting if all HG tried extra hard and didn't try and throw comps if is a possibility that the winner could be DQed later?  I think it would possibly make the game more interesting.  If they do nothing to fix this situation I will for sure not be watching future seasons until CBS gets with the times.

37 minutes ago, MelissaD559 said:

Ty had previously called out Scotty on a DQ so this proves the point that Hay was outnumbered in how many players would help catch rule violations. 

When did this happen?  Don't recall that.  Best thing to do is a redo of the HOH comp and let this be done with. 

I've been a fan for 20 seasons... AND will be a fan for another 20 seasons... IT IS ENTERTAINMENT!!  I watch the Super Bowl for the same reason and I can say there have been

plenty of times that calls have been made which have been blatantly called wrong.  How many times over the years have we seen the guy step out of bounds but they didn't call it that way?...tons!  It's the game!  Mistakes happen!  True fans are passionate about this game. We love our side and our favorite person. We love to hate the other side... that is part of the fun watching the game.  Those that are real fans will stay real fans.  If you don't like how it plays out... DON"T WATCH IT!  Big Brother has made corrections to rules and games and all kinds of stuff over the years.  They will correct this for next time and I'm pretty sure that they will probably cut our feeds somewhat and limit our viewing more because of this which sucks, but hey it is entertainment and that is why I love it!  So for those of you that got your panties in a wad ... chill out or stop watching! :-)