Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Guiding Light

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

sparklet

sparklet

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 3,539 posts
All I can say is I cant wait until it goes off the air. It is sick now! I am in love with my FIRST COUSIN and my father is dead but mommy is in love with a guy with daddy's face who acts like dad Oh fine out he is my dad.. They could have done so much with that story line. They could have made Richard a pure villian. WHY KILL HIM OFF JUST TO BRING HIM BACK TO HAVE THE SAME PERSONALITY AS HIS OTHER CHARACTER... He was hook up with the federal agency. They could have made it that he had been stalking Cassie for years without Cassie knowing about it. We all know that he use to pretend to be Richard and Dina Cassie. I would have wrote it like this:

The Richard look alike had an obession over Cassie that every chance he got he would try to be near her even pretending to be Richard on Several occasions. Nobody knows how Richard got into that car accident, I say the Richard look alike ran him off the road and killed him to take over his life, but something went wrong, passer byers saw Richard's car spung off the side of the road into the ditch and called the police. Therefore The Richard look a like could not remove the injured Richard out of the car and kill him. Therefore Richard died at the hospital (also explains the dream Cassie had saying good bye to Richard) and This mad man had to come to town as Jeffery ONeal which is truly not him.. because he killed the real Jeffrey Oneal. Not only does he want Cassie for him, but he also came to own Springfield.. Who is in his way..The Spauldings and The Lewis. Cassie is a Lewis so he would marrying into that family. But the Spauldings are difficult. So with him and his assistant a fluncky cousin or something he gets close to the Spauldings. His fluncky cousin would work as Phillip assistant @ Spaulding. The assistant is responisible for getting coffee and etc. but the coffee is important because everyday the assistant has been slipping Phillip a psychotic drug which causes paranora. (This is the reason why Phillip had flip out). Well Phillip is out of the picture because he had been supposedly been killed so Allen is at the head of Spaulding and so is the assistant who also feeds Allen the same drug but in smaller doses to throw off suspiscion. Philllip is alive, but do not let Jeffrey know about it or he will kill him. Since Phillip is away from the drugs he is thinking more clearly now but feels guilty on how he let him self loose control like that. It is too over whelming for him right now.. Edmond is dating Cassie. Feeding on Edwards paranoria and history, it doesnt take much to set Edward up. He slips Edward the doses of the drug and that is why Edward became violent and seeing his self in the reflection. Jeffrey used that too his advancetage to get closurer to cassie and eventually making her fall inlove with him by acting like Richard. Now he thinks that his plan is going well. Except Harly took over Spaulding and his cousin got fired for doing something stupid like reporting to the tabloids about Harley and AC (hehehe) but that doesnt worry him too much because right under Harley's nose, he had bought up most of Spauding's stock thanks to his cousin's computer techiques. While this is going on, Phillip is starting to put some of the pieces together but he thinks it is the cousin that has it in for his family..When he goes to confront his old assistant, he fines him dead and the police surrounds him. Phillip tries to explain what happen, but no one believes him because they think he is just delusional and arrest him for murder. The only one who think there might be some truth in his story is Harley ( her detective instincts are burning) and when she investigates the assistant's death she fines out more than she bargain for and realizes her life, her loves ones life and Cassey are all indanger from this pysho lunitic. When his true identity is reveal is will Shake up Springfield like it has never been shook before.. (that is all I got for right now!) laugh.gif

sparklet

sparklet

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 3,539 posts
Does anyone else have a better storyline for GL it has got to be better than the one they have now blink.gif

GingerSnaps

GingerSnaps

• Pip
  • 18,329 posts
QUOTE(sparklet @ Jan 4 2006, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone else have a better storyline for GL it has got to be better than the one they have now blink.gif

I haven't watched the show in quite a while, but I could probably pick up from where I left off and you wouldn't know that I missed so much. Thanks for the update, Sparklet. smile.gif

P.S. How about giving the whole cast either multiple personality syndrome or amnesia...that would be something new. Ha Ha Ha!

TVaddict

TVaddict

• Pip
  • 6 posts
yea- I agree- I think that storyline with Johnathon and whatever her name is IS getting sick and OLD....

And as far as the NEW Cassie-
Sorry But in my opinion she dont hold a candle to the old Cassie-

I normally Tivo the soaps Im most interested in at that time- This one doesnt get Tivo'd anymore- If I catch it I do if not OH well sad.gif

sparklet

sparklet

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 3,539 posts
QUOTE (TVaddict @ Jan 15 2006, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea- I agree- I think that storyline with Johnathon and whatever her name is IS getting sick and OLD....

I normally Tivo the soaps Im most interested in at that time- This one doesnt get Tivo'd anymore- If I catch it I do if not OH well sad.gif

I agree. I dont think america is ready for kin folks falling inlove. Children do not need to watch this. I know I watched soaps when I was a kid however, I dont want them to think that this is acceptable cousin luvin. I am usually not the type of person who would try and advocate or protest something but this is just wrong.

GingerSnaps

GingerSnaps

• Pip
  • 18,329 posts
QUOTE(TVaddict @ Jan 16 2006, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's a new Cassie? Is the old Cassie the same Cassie who originally joined the cast.

I don't like the new (or at least the last time I saw her) Danny's wife. I can't think of her name, but she is Ed Bowers daughter. I don't know---when they start changing the actors it takes me a long time to get use to them.

QUOTE(sparklet @ Jan 16 2006, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. I dont think america is ready for kin folks falling inlove. U know some kids what this I know I did when I was a kid. I dont want them to think that this is acceptable. I am usually not the type of person who would try and advocate or protest something but this is just wrong.

I caught the show a while back and Jonathon (Reva's son-or she thought he was at the time) was sleeping with Cassie's daughter right. Sorry, last time I watched was early last year. Sparklet, is this what you are referring to? smile.gif

peppertrail

peppertrail

• Pip
  • 83 posts
Somehow, I think they will find out Reva and Cassie are not related, or Jonathan is not Reva's kid. I actually like Jonathan and Tammy together. I like the character of Jonathan, rebel, smartass, etc. I do not care much for the new Cassie, she is just too blah. Laura Wright had some fire to portray Cassie, and the new one just has no spark to fill the bill. I wish they would give Dinah some more time with Mallet, that is a hot couple just waiting to happen. So, is Gus dead or where the hell is he and that worthless Alan?

sparklet

sparklet

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 3,539 posts
QUOTE(peppertrail @ Jan 22 2006, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Somehow, I think they will find out Reva and Cassie are not related, or Jonathan is not Reva's kid. I actually like Jonathan and Tammy together. I like the character of Jonathan, rebel, smartass, etc. I do not care much for the new Cassie, she is just too blah. Laura Wright had some fire to portray Cassie, and the new one just has no spark to fill the bill. I wish they would give Dinah some more time with Mallet, that is a hot couple just waiting to happen. So, is Gus dead or where the hell is he and that worthless Alan?

I think Gus is in a coma. and I do like the Mallet and Dianah story line

TV_Paige

TV_Paige

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 2,696 posts
Source: Reality TV Magazine

'Survivor' Alums Appear On 'Guiding Light'

'Survivor' meets 'Guiding Light'

Former "Survivor" cast members Melinda Hyder and Cirie Fields will appear on the soap opera, "Guiding Light," on Thursday, June 22 (check local listings) when they stroll into the fictitious town of Springfield for a day.

From "Survivor: Panama -- Exile Island," Melinda Hyder will play a waitress at the restaurant, Company, and has scenes with Justin Deas, who plays Buzz Cooper. Cirie Fields will play an internal affairs officer who has scenes with Ricky Paull Goldin, who portrays Gus Aitoro.

Cirie Fields finished third in this past season's "Survivor" and was the winner of "America's Vote for the GMC Yukon." She is a nurse and resides in South Carolina. Melinda lives in Tennessee and once sang at Dollywood. She was the second "Survivor" to be voted off.

"Guiding Light" is broadcast weekdays (check local listings) on the CBS Television Network and is a Procter & Gamble Production. "Guiding Light" was nominated for a "Daytime Emmy Award" for Outstanding Drama Series in 2006.

Blue bird

Blue bird

• Pip
  • 97 posts
It appears that the new Bring It On movie will have a showdown of NuLizzie vs. OldLizzie, so to speak. Hayden Pannetiere (sp?, Lizzie as a young girl) and Marcy Rylan (current Lizzie) will be playing cheerleaders on rival squads. I read it in SOW or SOD a couple of months ago. Marcy had just auditioned or won the Lizzie role during filming and ended up talking with Hayden about it, so Hayden was able to fill her in on everyone on the show and even kind of introduced her to Beth Chamberlin (Beth) before Marcy was due to start on the show

sparklet

sparklet

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 3,539 posts
Ding Dong the witch is dead...which witch...the whicked witch... Ding Dong Tammy the wicked witch is dead...

I was liking the storyline of Lizzie and Jonathon... and Jonathon was trying hard but NO Tammy couldnt leave him in peace...everywhere Jonathon was here she comes and wiggles her tail around him...I been on other sites and I all see the same thing...NO ONE WANTED TAMMY AND JONATHON TO BE TOGETHER!!! FIRST COUSIN LOVE IS SICK!!! any relative love is sick....So now they want you to feel sorry for Jonathon because he lost the love of his life and they turn Lizzie selfish, spoiled and crazy again....again....and...again....In my opinion it is his own fault if he would have stayed with Lizzie and really tried to work on his marriage instead of cheating on his wife then none of this wouldnt have happen...Lizzie was just desparate to save her family...Yes the marriage was a sham in the beggining...but he promise Lizzie before the baby was born that he was going to try and make it work...instead Tammy kissed her first cousin and bye bye marriage... I was hoping that Jonathon would get killed off the show too!

How he and Tammy came together was messed up..He knew she was his cousin and without her knowledge of them being related he slept with her...That is messed up!

But Guiding Light has a habit of turning rapist into heros!!

Roger Thorpe ( I loved him though sorry)
Josh Lewis...Yes JOSH LEWIS.... He raped Amanda Spaulding when he first appeared on Guilding Light...but she forgave him and they became friends...then later on they gave him the powerful family the Lewis'
Now Jonathon because if Tammy would have known they were cousins especially first cousins ...I dont think she would have slept with him...especially for her first time... He stole her innocence!!! But yes she forgave him too and been giving it up ever since to her FIRST COUSIN!!! Eewwww!!

Either GL needs new writers or they need to get their act together.. JMO

sparklet

sparklet

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 3,539 posts
Well I havent been watching GL because it just got too ridiculous for me.. I happen to take a glance at it the other day and I do like the bad seed idea....I happen to see Edmond get pushed over the rail...everything else is still the same.

CarolinaGirl

CarolinaGirl

• Pip
  • 224 posts
anyone been watching recently?? what do you guys think about the new format change? there have been a ton of promos on for it and they've changed a little bit already..

sparklet

sparklet

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 3,539 posts
I slip in and out of it from time to time... I see Jonathon is back but I like Bill better with Lizzy. What is suppose to be happening 2/29/09. I hope they are getting rid of the whole falling in luv with thy family members. It is just too weird. If they cant find a partner for the characters...let them stay single. I was starting to call GL the Guiding Hillbillies..

CarolinaGirl

CarolinaGirl

• Pip
  • 224 posts
well, have you noticed how the outdoor scenes look different? more realistic, like they are filmed with a hand held camera? well on Feb 29 theyre changing the whole look of the show to that and they will have real sets, cars etc.. Here's an article that can explain it better than i can:

http://www.soaps.com...n_Guiding_Light

i think its great, a revamp is just the thing GL needs..

i dunno, i kinda like Lizzie and jonathon.. did you pick up on the whole marina/cyrus/harley love triangle? very scandalous but poor marina! she is always getting screwed over

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Just read at Soapoperadigest.com that Guiding Light has been cancelled and will be off the air in September

I haven't watched the show in years... but that makes me sad

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
Weird coincidence - I hadn't watched for quite a while, but having some of the old characters back (Phillip and Edmund to name two), I decided since I was home I'd watch today. Was just commenting that it was more interesting than ATWT which has really sucked lately, and maybe I should switch to watching it again. Guess might as well not bother now. And WTF - Reba is having a baby?

ElleNaturelle

ElleNaturelle

• Pip
  • 5,503 posts
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The world's longest-running TV soap opera, "Guiding Light," will broadcast its final episode on CBS in September due to slumping ratings, ending a 72-year run that began on radio, the network said on Wednesday.

The daytime show transferred from NBC radio to CBS television in 1952. It has won 69 Daytime Emmy Awards throughout its history.

Guinness World Records has dubbed it the world's longest-running TV drama. More than 15,700 episodes will have been broadcast by the time its final episode airs on September 18.

"'Guiding Light' has achieved a piece of television history that will never be matched; it has crossed mediums, adapted its stories to decades of social change and woven its way through generations of audiences like no other," said Nancy Tellem, CBS Paramount Network Television Entertainment Group president.

"We are working hard to find the show a new home, and we are exploring all our options to continue to bring loyal fans the characters and stories they love," said Brian T. Cahill, senior vice president and managing director, TeleNext Media, Inc., which produces the show.

(Reporting by Michelle Nichols; Editing by Xavier Briand)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users