Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Dishnetwork cancels Lifetime

Courtesy of: AOL TELEVISION, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Dish Network Drops Lifetime in Contract Dispute

Updated: 09:35 AM EST

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (Jan. 1) - Dish Network customers stopped receiving two Lifetime Television channels Sunday after the company and Dish parent EchoStar Communications Corp. were unable to reach terms on a new contract.

Dish Network's contract to carry Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network ended Saturday.

EchoStar said Lifetime had requested an "exorbitant" 76 percent rate hike for Dish to carry the channels.

Lifetime countered on its Web site that the increase was a fraction of what EchoStar has paid for less popular channels and urged viewers to contact Dish.

"The truth is that Dish unilaterally pulled Lifetime Networks off the air, on New Year's Eve no less, despite our offer to extend their contract through the holidays and despite more than seven months of our efforts to reach a fair agreement," New York-based Lifetime said in a statement on its Web site.

EchoStar replaced the Lifetime programming with a preview of Women's Entertainment Network programming. Dish also ran a message on the bottom of viewers' screens explaining the dispute and telling them to visit www.fairsatellite.com.

"While Dish Network desires to make Lifetime programming available to its customers, we also must protect our customers from exorbitant rate increases," EchoStar CEO Charlie Ergen said in a letter posted on the site.

LIFETIME is trying to raise rates by 70 percent "Way to go LIFETIME" are they trying to became like the oil company's lol lol

The LIFETIME channels are back on DISHNETWORK they are back on the guide

I have Lifetime on my schedule but when I go to the station on my TV...I get a scrolling notice about Lifetime and to please enjoy the free WE station for now. They are sorry for the inconvience.

It also says they are still in negotiations and it could be resolved soon.

I was watching a movie "To Sir with Love" on LMN, LIFETIME has no signal but has been snowing all day, yuck lol lol

Could someone please make Lifetime disappear from my digital cable package? lol

j/k If it wasn't for Lifetime, I wouldn't be able to get my Unsolved Mysteries fix each day.

The LIFETIME channels are back on DISHNETWORK they are back on the guide

It looks I goofed the dispute is still on, they are showing movies from another in place of LIFETIME

they are still not back on DishNetwork as of this morning when will this dispute end and get the 2 lifetime networks back on DishNetwork ?

they are still not back on DishNetwork as of this morning when will this dispute end and get the 2 lifetime networks back on DishNetwork ?

I don't blame DISHNETWORK at all it is Lifetime that wants to raise the rates !!!! :o

Courtesy of: MEDIAWEEK, RECENT HEADLINES

Lifetime Quits Carriage Talks With EchoStar's DISH Network

Anthony Crupi

JANUARY 23, 2006 -

Lifetime Television has walked away from the negotiations table, rejecting what it has characterized as a "take it or leave it" offer from EchoStar's DISH Network.

DISH dropped Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network on Jan. 1 after the company's carriage deal expired.

EchoStar president Michael Newman said the satellite provider had tried to reach an accord with Lifetime, but the network would not reduce its license fee. "Lifetime has made it clear that further talks will not result in fair rates for our customers," Newman said. "DISH Network will permanently replace the Lifetime Channel by month end, and we are in meaningful discussions now with a number of interesting programmers for a compelling replacement to Lifetime."

Last week, DISH added Oxygen to its channel lineup, slotting the net in the spot vacated by Lifetime Movie Network.

Lifetime said it would continue its aggressive media campaign to convince DISH subscribers to "Switch from Dish" and either jump to DirecTV or a local cable provider.

"Despite the fact that Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network are the two most-watched women's networks ... DISH sought to drastically cut the rates they pay," said Lifetime CEO Betty Cohen. "We chose this course of action to protect the integrity of our programming and the vibrancy of our advocacy, and we are committed to continuing to provide the high-quality entertainment and support that our viewers have come to expect."

Cohen added that Lifetime would consider working out a deal with DISH provided the terms are "fair," although she said that the last seven months of negotiations do not suggest that EchoStar is likely to meet the network's proposed carriage fee, which she said is "highly competitive relative to what we believe DISH is paying for other networks."

Coutesy of: DISHNETWORK

content_banner_01.jpg

Speaking of Dish Network, am I the only fan of the FoxReality channel??

I have done a search and there is nothing in any of the fan forums here about their original show, SOLITARY.

(It was really good and now they are showing it again with extended, behind-the-scenes footage.)

solitary

..and Kennedy (formerly from mtv?) hosts a show on the same network called REALITY REMIX.

http://www.realityremix.tv/

B)

am I the only fan of the FoxReality channel??

i dont get that channel! :angry:

GUH! i had that channel for about a month or so. saw the entire rerun of paradise hotel, EXCEPT the f*&^%#@ finale. THAT BLEW HARD! i was sooooooo pissed! right after that, i switched to cable

they wouldn't rerun the boat one though....at least not that i saw

What's there to get? They rerun Fox reality shows.

ok smart@$$... i get what its about.. i meant i dont get that channel on my cable! if i had the channel i would watch it.. but i dont have it!

yes...with buggy toni. i forget all the people on there....would like to see it again