Sign in to follow this  
Yana

SPOILERS: Survivor 13

Last year it started the week BB finished.

I am really glad that you guys saw that... It's gone now... He said it would only be up a short time... I was thinking maybe through the weekend... But it's poof...

For those that missed the promo video here are screen caps... The vid caps were posted over at sucks by VG...

S13Preview_dissimilis_001.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_002.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_003.thumb.jpg

S13Preview_dissimilis_004.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_005.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_006.thumb.jpg

Voice Over (I think it was Jeff Probst): This fall, Survivor voyages to an isolated group of islands, named after the famous English explorer named Captain James Cook.

S13Preview_dissimilis_007.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_008.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_009.thumb.jpg

S13Preview_dissimilis_010.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_011.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_012.thumb.jpg

S13Preview_dissimilis_013.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_014.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_015.thumb.jpg

S13Preview_dissimilis_016.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_017.thumb.jpg

It was the Cook Islands that played host to Captain William Bligh, just days before the infamous 'Mutiny on the Bounty'.

S13Preview_dissimilis_018.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_019.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_020.thumb.jpg

S13Preview_dissimilis_021.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_022.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_023.thumb.jpg

S13Preview_dissimilis_024.thumb.jpg

Now, the new Survivors will have their own adventures in this lush and exotic land.

S13Preview_dissimilis_025.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_026.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_027.thumb.jpg

S13Preview_dissimilis_028.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_029.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_030.thumb.jpg

S13Preview_dissimilis_031.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_032.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_033.thumb.jpg

S13Preview_dissimilis_034.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_035.thumb.jpg

And Exile Island will return with new twists.

S13Preview_dissimilis_036.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_037.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_038.thumb.jpg

S13Preview_dissimilis_039.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_040.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_041.thumb.jpg

Who will Outwit, Outplay and Outlast all the others?

S13Preview_dissimilis_042.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_043.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_044.thumb.jpg

S13Preview_dissimilis_045.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_046.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_047.thumb.jpg

S13Preview_dissimilis_048.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_049.thumb.jpg

Join us this Fall for the Premiere of Survivor: Cook Islands.

S13Preview_dissimilis_050.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_051.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_052.thumb.jpg

S13Preview_dissimilis_053.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_054.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_055.thumb.jpg

S13Preview_dissimilis_056.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_057.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_058.thumb.jpg

S13Preview_dissimilis_059.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_060.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_061.thumb.jpg

S13Preview_dissimilis_062.thumb.jpgS13Preview_dissimilis_063.thumb.jpg

It was neat to see the promo just as it was posted here.

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Cook Islands confirmed for next Survivor, will feature another Exile Island

At the conclusion of Survivor Panama, Jeff Probst confirmed what we already knew: the next season will be filmed in the South Pacific region known as the Cook Islands.

Jeff Probst said the next season would debut

Notice on the Survivor Cook Islands logo there are three rowers in the rowboat. Possibly three tribes? Maybe too early to even speculate?

YAY! Looks like Survivor will be around till at least 2008 :D

From TVRules.net

Survivor Host Jeff Probst is staying put on CBS's "Survivor" for at least two more years according to various news reports. His current contract was to expire after season twelve.

Probst signed a two year deal lasting until 2008, if the series continues. The series has been picked up for the next two seasons (Seasons 13/14). Survivor: Guatemala (Season 11) is wrapping up it's finale this Sunday night. Season 12 will begin early next year.

Said Probst, "I was thinking about retiring and spending my time traveling to exotic locations around the world, meeting new and interesting people. Then I realized, uh wait a second, I'm already doing that with Survivor and getting paid for it, as well! I couldn't be happier about continuing on as the show's host. As Guatemala comes to a close, I'm already excited about our next season which I think is going to be one of our best ever."

Said Mark Burnett, executive producer of Survivor, "I am delighted that Jeff has chosen to continue hosting and producing Survivor. Jeff is not only the genius that exposes the political maneuvering at tribal council, but has also played a major role in the overall creative shape of the ever-evolving game of Survivor. I consider him a friend and look forward to continuing to keep Survivor fresh with Jeff for many more seasons."

survivor.jpg

I just have to say... the day survivor comes on and Jeff isn't hosting is the day I stop watching!

I just have to say... the day survivor comes on and Jeff isn't hosting is the day I stop watching!

Which is how most people feel.

From Reality Blurred:

And speaking of lepers, in addition to hearing confirmation that the show will be filmed in the Cook Islands, reality blurred has heard unconfirmed reports that either in the 13th or 14th season, past cast members will return in some capacity, not necessarily as competitors. Neither season, however, will be another full-fledged all-star season.

They had a casting call today in Baton Rouge for Survivor "Cook Islands" News stated hundreds showed up for the call.I'll keep my ears open.

I have a website with Survivor information... Also just thought you all would like to know that filming will start next week... Around the 26th is what I am hearing... :)

cookisland.org

ugh this stuff gives me a headache so when does filming end to be precise like the actual end of filming yana i know this question is kinda late but how did you enjoy that trip you posted about on this thread not hawaii but the other one? Do we have anny aussies on this site that could go out to the islands ever that could explor for us that would be cool and dig up info?

TV I didn't go on the trip... The time I was going was right in the middle of filming and we couldn't do the things we wanted to do because production has everything near the location of filming closed... As far as when it will end... That depends on when they actually start filming... If it really is on the 26th, then filming would end 39 days later... Hope this helps some... :)

Not that confusing...

Filming starts July 27th, 2006 ----> Airs in the Fall, possibly the week after BB7

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Survivor Cook Islands now taping; all hotels are booked due to the production

obj1514geo1872pg4p3.jpg

Logo from "Survivor" Special

Production on Survivor Cook Islands has been ongoing for a few months now, but filming officially began last Monday, July 3. Given a typical 39 day production schedule, the last day will be August 11.

The show is using four islands in the Aitutaki lagoon, according to The Cook Islands, an

Alright here is some information. I am sorry if this is already posted but here it goes. The contestants will be split up into 4 tribes. There is a latino tribe, an african-american tribe, a caucasian tribe, and a asian-american tribe. There have also been more people speculated as contestanst and they include a latino woman named Cecilia and an asian-american woman named Becky Lee. For more information on this topic visit THIS website.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Survivor Promises "Strangest Love Affair Ever"

During an at-times-heated conference call with reporters, Survivor host Jeff Probst reiterated

Here is some information I found at tripadvisor about some of the challenges and some of it is posted at sucks... It was posted by Chinagazer before the show aired the first night...

On Atiu I learned that one of the challenges for the participants was to spend the night in the burial caves. Participants were divided in groups, blindfolded and led into the caves, without food, without water, without light. Once in the caves, their blindfolds were removed. They could drink the water from the natural sweet water pools in the caves, but often there are poisonous crabs in these pools (I saw these crabs). The pinch or the bite of these crabs are not poisonous, but when you eat them, they are deadly. Some participants, I was told, screemed with fright (how entertaining!).

On another occasion, I was told, participants were flown to Atiu for a feast as a bonus. In a shack near a beach, they had a lavish meal. As they were starving, their eyes were bulging when they saw the food. They swallowed the food eagerly, the producers of the series making sure they drank a lot of alcohol. The purpose for that excessive drinking was to make the participants sick fast and good, for that would provide for some good footage (how civilized!)

The participants were carried to this shack on the shoulders of locals in carrying chairs. I visited the shack and saw the carrying chairs. I have been asked about the identity or description of the participants. I only have this information: I was told that one of the persons who were carried in the chairs to the shack was a "Japanese" girl and she was crying with emotion. Again, "Japanese" is the word that was used but it is probable that by "Japanese" my interlocutor meant that the girl had asiatic features, not that she actually IS Japanese

Sign in to follow this