Sign in to follow this  
Yana

SPOILERS: Survivor 13

From what everyone is hearing Survivor 13 will return to Australia... Just thought some of you would like to know...

How many seasons can they possibly do lol! I guess it must be remaining popular.

Survivor 13 A rumoured location is set to be the Cook Islands.

My Webpage

Cook Islands are just off of Austraila and New Zelend.

cookislands10fk.jpg

cookislands22jo.jpg

Okay strike that post , I found out that part was added on to the original page . But if you look at the map you will see it is near the rumored austraila so it could be there.

I just wanted to let ya'll know that it looks like the Cook Islands are going to be the location for S13... I have done a lot of research this morning on it and that seems to be what is happening... I did a check on hotel rooms for the island of Aitutaki, which is where crew members are supposed to be staying parts of June, all of July, and parts of August and found no room available...

Possible tribe names:

Rapota, Motoraku, Penrhyn, and Rarotongan (found those at sucks)...

Possible themes:

Mutiny (no the bounty), exploration, Captain William Blight or Captain Cook(also found on sucks)...

Captain William Bligh was first to discover the Islands just days before the mutiny in 1789...

Captain Cook saw the Islands and they were named after him, but as far as I can tell he never actually landed on them...

I will post more when I have it...

Here is something I found on the Aitutaki Island, which is said to be the place the crew is staying... I find it interesting that SEG and MB could get them to close the place down like they have... At least the hotels are all booked...

Undoubtedly the best place in the Cook Islands for day cruising is around the fantastic Aitutaki lagoon which is a major attraction of any Cook Islands visit. Highlights include visiting the tiny island motus and their idyllic beaches, walking along sand bars and snorkelling in the turquoise lagoon. There are a handful of cruise operators offering day trips and charter services from small motorised outboards to the largest vessel, a glamourous wooden carved catamaran, the Titi-ai-Tonga, seating about 40 people. It is possible to take a sailing tour around the lagoon to Maina Motu with Mattias at Matriki Beach Huts on the north-west coast next door to Are Tamanu Hotel.

It is possible to visit Aitutaki Lagoon on a day trip from Rarotonga. The 45-minute flight leaves Rarotonga at 8am and connects with the day-cruises, returning to Rarotonga at 4.30pm. It is quite an exhausting day, but for those not staying on Aitutaki it is a opportunity not to be missed. Cruising around these islands is really spectacular and far more enjoyable than Bora Bora in Tahiti.

Here are a couple of maps...

cookmap.gif

aitutakimap.gif

OK So I wrote to a couple of companies about tours on One Foot and Aitutaki Islands during the month of July and this is what I received back from one of them...

Kia Orana Yana,

Thank you for your email request as we are happy to assist you on. I

see that you are wanting to go One-foot Island, therefore,you can either

do it 3 ways here as follows:

Option 1 You can accommodate on One-foot Island as we have the

ONE-FOOT HIDE-AWAY HOUSE there with an amount of NZD$200

per night for2xPax. Transfers to/from one foot

will be NZD$55.00 per person.

Option 2 If you are staying in Rarotonga you are able to go on a

Day tour that takes you to Aitutaki, around the island then

for a lagoon cruise to One-foot Island and also

includes BBQ lunch. Day tour operates from Monday-Saturday.

Option 3 If you are staying Aitutaki you can make a booking at

the hotel you are staying for a lagoon cruise out to

One-foot Island.

Please note that nothing would interfere the cruises going to One-foot

island but will notify you if for any further notices.

Please advise if any other matter I'm willing to assist you on.

I look forward to receive your soonest reply.

Kind Regards,

Ms Leanne Kiria

SALES CONSULTANT

Tipani Tours

PO Box 4, Rarotonga, Cook Islands

Tel: (682) 25266 - (682) 23266

Email: tours@tipani.co.ck

www.tipanitours.com

I wrote back and asked if Aitutaki would be closed and this is the reply:

Hi Yana,

Thank you for your reply, yes will do! But I doubt that they will

because it has never happened. Therefore, would you like to make reservation?

Here is the latest reply from one of the tour companies on the Cook Islands... Sounds a little like SEG damage control to me...

Hello Yana,

This is Leanne's supervisor.

What you have heard are only rumous at this point...This has happened

before and we have had filming crews visit the islands ..but the whole

island would not be closed off if the rumour is true. ...There might

only be portions of the Lagoon that would not be open to the public ,but

the rest of the area would be business as usual. .

We have many clients who are still booking the time period you speak of

...But the rooms available are at the Pacific Resort. I cannot advise on

availability at the Aitutaki Lagoon Resort as it is not a property we

recommend or book . You would need to contact them direct.

We are very busy ,this time of year anyway ,as it is a high season for

us.

Regards,

Teresa Reed

General Manager- Tipani Tours

Email: tours@tipani.co.ck

P.O. Box 4

Rarotonga ,Cook Islands

Phone: 682 25266 Fax 682 23266

Yana I did some searching and I found a travel place that actually list hotels on Aitutaki. It also gives you a list of availabilitys for any date. I found on hotel that is almost completely booked from ( April 20th and filming from late June through early August ) . Wonder if that could be the hotel the staff is staying at , I checked most the other hotels in the area too but I developed a headache so feel free to look for your self I am posting the link to the page of the hotel I was looking at . On the left you will see many other accomdations to search in if you find time.

Availability for Are Tamanu Beach Village

Tamanu Beach Village

I found this over at Lonely Planet... After I found it I went to sucks and Dan had found it too... I find it strange that I was told that One Foot wouldn't be closed, but this person was told it would be...

"Many of us here have heard the rumour of the next episode of Survivor being shot on Aitutaki. However, very little information has been available.

The episode is supposed to be shot in May-June and since I am supposed to be on Aitutaki in May, I have been trying to find information of the effects it might have for the lagoon cruises etc.

The very same day I arrived here on Rarotonga, I visited Island Hopper Travel to pickup some vouchers and I asked about the matter from a guy called Joe. He told me that the rumours are correct - the filmcrew will be on Aitutaki in May-June but he said he didn't have any more specific information at the time...

I visited Aitutaki for a day on Easter Monday - (did the Aitutaki Day Tour) - and I asked our guide about how things are. He said that 5 motus would be reserved for the filmcrew - so no lagoon tours would be allowed to visit those 5 motus. Many of us have speculated with the names of the motus....Moturakau and Rapota have been among those guesses... Our guide (Turiu) told us that 5 motus instead of just would be closed. Moturakau, Rapota, ONE FOOT ISLAND, Motukitiu and Tekopua (the southern tip of it)

While asked where they would take their lagoon tours while those 5 would be out of bounds - he told us that the lagoon tours would go to Maina (normally visited only be some of the smaller operators)

When talking to a local friend I met at the Aitutaki Airport - she told me that Maina would be among those "closed ones" as well....hmmm....strange....

Back on Rarotonga - I visited the Tourist Info Desk and asked if they knew anything... Interesting enough - the lady seemed to know about the coming of the filmcrew but claimed she had no information of what motus would be closed or even the number of them....She did however promise to ask about it from the mayor of Aitutaki.

I have now visited her 3 times - and she's still waiting for an aswer from the mayor of Aitutaki."

I went on a cruise in Tahiti in October and one of our stops was in Rarotonga which is part of the Cook Islands. It is much closer to Tahiti then to Aust. It is a great place to visit and we went to the Motus that they are talking about using. That could be interesting.

Found this over at sucks...

Bad News - Talked to teh captain of the "big" lagoon tour boat (the one used by the day tour folks) and he told me that starting sometime next month (not sure when yet) the entire SE corner of the lagoon will be closed - including One Foot. A total of 7 or 8 islands will be effected.

This will last for 3 months or so (not sure exactly)

His tour will being taking folks to the SW corner of the island instead.

This was posted over at sucks by Dan... It's a safe bet that Cook Islands is the next location for Survivor...

This is what my freighter source said just a few minutes ago after I told him a visitor to Aitutaki did not see containers there like we expected.This is what my freighter source said just a few minutes ago after I told him a visitor to Aitutaki did not see containers there like we expected.

"Hi your info not correct, the Southern Express is currently in Aitutaki discharging the cargo, the boats have already been discharged. She experienced very bad weather on her way to Rarotonga so we are about 5 days delayed."

I call this confirmation, a local source saying that SEG has placed their equipment at a location.

One more confirmation... This was posted on a travel site...

Emailed Etu Moana, where we're staying in June, to see if they could confirm any info about part of the lagoon being off limits, incl One Foot.

Reply from assistant manager:

"The only thing I can confirm is that the programme SURVIVOR is coming to Aitutaki and will be filming for the months of May, June, July. With regards to your other information I am not sure as we have not been updated or told about what is going on. I am sorry that this isn't very much help but it is the only information that we have."

I wanted to share with you all the latest e-mail I got... I think it's more confirmation... What do ya'll think?

Kia Orana,

We understand your point of view. But should this occur it will bring

business to our islands that we simply do not have the resources to

promote as our marketing budget

Is very ,very small.

So hopefully you will remember us next year when things will be back to

normal.

Kind Regards,

Mr. Aporo HEATHER,

Supervisor Reservations/Sales Dept.

Tipani Tours.

Interesting...

I'm from the UK, and We have a reality show called 'Shipwrecked Battle of the Islands', None other than the Cook Islands was the location! It was flimed last year and the two islands used for filming were Rapota and Motoraku.

The series has been recommissioned and filming for a mammoth five months will begin this summer end of July/beginning of August, on the same Islands Rapota and Motoraku. It looks like the Survivor crew, will move out just as the UK team arrives.

http://www.channel4.com/shipwrecked

This is the official site of the UK Show, they have more information on the two islands and the terrain etc under the Islands section of the site, check it out.

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Survivor 13 will be filmed in the Cook Islands, may feature past cast members

posted May. 4, 2006 at 10:07 AM + by Andy Dehnart

The 13th season of Survivor will be filmed in the Cook Islands, a group of islands somewhat nearby previous locations the Marquesas and Vanuatu. It

This was posted over at sucks:

I just saw the preview for S13 at work...we are doing some editing for the finale and its officially going to be called Survivor: Cook Islands...they talked about all the pirate stuff, they said Exile Island will be back with a twist and the logo looks a LOT like Pearl Islands with a boat in the top with red and black as the prominent colors.

here is the logo:

logo2.jpg

This is only going to be up for a short time but here is the promo for S13... At first it will be choppy... But let it play through then go and restart it and it will be fine...

S13 promo

So we can assume that this would start to air in the fall? (after BB7)

Right it will...

Sign in to follow this