Sign in to follow this  
Rejuvenated

Mayan Sacrificial Chicken

If they didn't ask and weren't told, that's one thing. BUT THEY WERE TOLD NOT TO EAT IT!!

So that's the reason........mmm

So...if Lydia did not happen to speak Spanish it would have been alright!

M...KAY!

Enough with the "you have never been in a survivor situation and I have" criz-zap. These people were playing a GAME. This was not a live or die situation. They have medical personel on site, watching their every move.

If this was a REAL SURVIVOR scenerio, they would not have help the guy who fell into the fire a few seasons ago. If this was REAL SURVIVOR, the other people would have eaten him.

This was A GAME. The sacrifice, although somewhat staged, IMO, was not a sham. They ate the sacrifice. So what if it was a chicken. Would they have eaten it if it was a larger animal...or even a person?? This was a game...and it was ending in a couple of days. And it wasn't like there wasn't food at their camp. The charred yard bird was not the only thing they could have eaten. IMO, it showed a lack of respect that they ate it even when they were told not to. If they didn't ask and weren't told, that's one thing. BUT THEY WERE TOLD NOT TO EAT IT!!

Well said!! Bravo!!

You know you want to eat the chicken! Come on. Admit it! Make Frank Perdue proud! Eat the chicken!!!!

Boy, some of you make it sound like they commited a major sin. They didn't desecrate a church. They ate some frickin' chicken after the pagan ceremony ended. Get off their backs! :lol:

I can assure you I wasn't mocking you or anyone else. If it seemed I was, then I apologize, as that wasn't my intention. Survival experience was in quotes because I was, well, quoting.

Gorilla - I get what you're sayin' and I tend to agree with you. I want to bring it to the attention- of those people who were sittin' on their couches chowing down on some Kentucky Fried Chicken while watching the scene play out- that if they were outraged by the chicken being eaten...well, they should take a good look at themselves before pointing fingers.

Nut - If you've been in a similar situation and passed over food for principle...well, good for you but I still think it's wrong to judge someone faced with that choice.

Enough with the "you have never been in a survivor situation and I have" criz-zap. These people were playing a GAME. This was not a live or die situation. They have medical personel on site, watching their every move.

Just because they have medical personnel on site does not mean they are not in a survival situation. Accidents happen, things get overlooked, mistakes happen! Those people are pushing themselves mind and body to the extreme and whether or not there are medical personnel on site, the danger and the desperation of the situation is still real to them. We can easily sit back and watch everything play out on TV and we get to say this isn't real this is TV but these people are living the situation and it is REAL for them. Trying to diminish the importance of that or my own experience just proves you to be the disrespectful person, the hypocrite pointing fingers, not those contestants.

Gorilla - I get what you're sayin' and I tend to agree with you. I want to bring it to the attention- of those people who were sittin' on their couches chowing down on some Kentucky Fried Chicken while watching the scene play out- that if they were outraged by the chicken being eaten...well, they should take a good look at themselves before pointing fingers.

Nut - If you've been in a similar situation and passed over food for principle...well, good for you but I still think it's wrong to judge someone faced with that choice.

I think if we don't judge people based on their respect and morals, then we really have nothing left to base anything on. Having said that, if I were ever to meet any of those three, I would not hold it against them.

I think if we don't judge people based on their respect and morals, then we really have nothing left to base anything on. Having said that, if I were ever to meet any of those three, I would not hold it against them.

Touche.

The point of the chicken wasn't survival it was sacrifice and faith... and Rafe was the only one

there smart enough to figure it out... And, he didn

The point of the chicken wasn't survival it was sacrifice and faith... and Rafe was the only one

Are there even any pure blood Mayan's left...

They still exist, the Spaniards couldn't slaughter all of them...

We are talking about a pagan belief here, and in a televised setting that has nothing referential about it. It's time to ease up.

I'm not worked up!! Just calling it how it is in a calm tone... It's not like I called for the girl's (and Lydia) heads or anything!!

Besides, the Mayan's used to offer their children to the Gods, at least they toned it down to a chicken...

Hmm I wonder if Steph...

BTW, as far as Rafe was concerned, that was just his usual Woody Allen nebbish behavior. :lol:

Why all the Nebby hate?? I just don't see the Woody Allen connection... Maybe Woody Phil...

I would have eaten the chicken....

May sound strange but I'm not into murder. I'm not a veggie and I love a good chicken salad sandwich but to kill a chicken (or anything for that matter) just to let it rot doesn't sit very well with me. You kill it - you eat it.

It's not like I would have chowed down on it as soon as it hit the ground. Wait until the ceremony is over and the Mayans have gone home (out of respect for their beliefs) . Once they are gone though.... I think the chicken was fair game.

JMHO :P

I would have eaten the chicken....

May sound strange but I'm not into murder. I'm not a veggie and I love a good chicken salad sandwich but to kill a chicken (or anything for that matter) just to let it rot doesn't sit very well with me. You kill it - you eat it.

It's not like I would have chowed down on it as soon as it hit the ground. Wait until the ceremony is over and the Mayans have gone home (out of respect for their beliefs) . Once they are gone though.... I think the chicken was fair game.

JMHO :P

You're right. After all, sacrificing the chicken wasn't part of their beliefs. It would have been disrespectful to scarf that chicken while the Mayans were still there. Once they were gone that bad boy could be devoured quicker than you can say 'Frank Perdue!' :lol:

Ok heres my two cents, if they really didnt want them to eat the chicken remains, would they have not burried it or something, I mean even if they didnt eat it, dont you think some animal would have come along during the night to take and eat it? It was obvious (as some others have said) that the chicken (and the ceremony) was a prop for TV, so good for them for getting a little more food. As for Rafe not eating it, it sure didnt help him any!

Ok heres my two cents, if they really didnt want them to eat the chicken remains, would they have not burried it or something, I mean even if they didnt eat it, dont you think some animal would have come along during the night to take and eat it? It was obvious (as some others have said) that the chicken (and the ceremony) was a prop for TV, so good for them for getting a little more food. As for Rafe not eating it, it sure didnt help him any!

Some animal did come along and take it... Steph the vile vulture...

Rafe didn't eat it because he has dignity and respect....

I'm Sick of Hearing about the damn Chicken!!!

Now I KNOW you ain't shaking your finger in my face girlfriend! :lol:

LMAO Neb - that was a great Survivor moment -- loved Alicia's wagging finger. (that was her name wasn't it??)

Yes! She was doing it to Kimmy Iw anted Kimmy to smack alicia in the face. (though alicia could have kicked her butt)

Some animal did come along and take it... Steph the vile vulture...

Rafe didn't eat it because he has dignity and respect....

Well, I guess Lydia and Danni are vultures, too, then. :rolleyes:

I'm Sick of Hearing about the damn Chicken!!!

Thank You Neb!!

Good one