Sign in to follow this  
Rejuvenated

Mayan Sacrificial Chicken

OK people, time for a little fun here!

What's your take on the chicken scandal. Should they or shouldn't they?!

They were specifically told it was a ceremonial chicken and was for sacarifice, not sustenance. They should have left that bird alone.

I thought the whole thing was freakin hystarical. Stephenie and food, its just so funny. Jeff made a comment about steph and eating, it was funny

I know the show is over but it disgusted me when the three of them ate the sacrificial chicken... Steph you are a joke, please go crawl back under your rock and never come out again, you suck!! Oh, and please take that troll Lydia with you...

I know the show is over but it disgusted me when the three of them ate the sacrificial chicken... Steph you are a joke, please go crawl back under your rock and never come out again, you suck!! Oh, and please take that troll Lydia with you...

I agree King, thats why I started the other Chicken thread early this morning, guess you missed it before starting the same thread.

Edited by Rejuvenated

I agree completely. I was totally appalled at the behavior. It just showed that they had no respect for any of the Mayan beliefs. They showed themselves to be classless.

I agree... I was proud that at least Rafe stood up for the believes...

OK people, time for a little fun here!

What's your take on the chicken scandal. Should they or shouldn't they?!

They were specifically told it was a ceremonial chicken and was for sacarifice, not sustenance. They should have left that bird alone.

Eating it showed them to be the classless disrespectful creatures they are.

I agree completely. I was totally appalled at the behavior. It just showed that they had no respect for any of the Mayan beliefs. They showed themselves to be classless.

:lol::lol::lol: It showed that they were hungry! :D

eh I say eat the chicken. I loved how Jeff said "Of course steph ate it"

or something like that :lol:

Edited by nebartist

I look at it this way..here they are with their cameras and their little game show within the myan ruins, don't you think the gods are pissed about that?

And was this a scheduled chicken sacrifice? Or was this a show put on for the remaining 4? And did that chicken asked to be sacrificed? Maybe his life long dream was to be eaten?

I look at it this way..here they are with their cameras and their little game show within the myan ruins, don't you think the gods are pissed about that?

And was this a scheduled chicken sacrifice? Or was this a show put on for the remaining 4? And did that chicken asked to be sacrificed? Maybe his life long dream was to be eaten?

Like Bobby Jon's lifelong dream of making the jury ....haha

Yeah -- it was during TC - Lydia had already confessed, Jeff ASKED Danni if she ate it, then said "Steph -- YOU ate it" not as a question but a statement of fact. I LMAO.

It was so clear as soon as Steph saw that live chicken, she was thinking about how it would taste. It was inevitable that she would eat it. The others, I wasn't so sure about. I think Lydia was truly freaked out by the immediate thunderstorm. I was yelling at them not to eat it, but truthfully, if I only had maggoty corn to eat, I might have ate the darn chicken too -- looked pretty tasty once they got past the burnt feathers. I do think this was the most starved group of survivors ever -- although Steph always managed to get food -- LOL.

the most starved i think was africa---it was a boring season because all they could manage to do was just lay around...after africa is when you saw a lot more food reward challenges.

:unsure:

well its not likely those mayans who did the sacrificing are going to probably watch the show.

well its not likely those mayans who did the sacrificing are going to probably watch the show.

It's still disrespectful to an entire culture. A culture that shared one of it's scared rituals with these people.

Their actions lacked culture and class.

Without so much as an odd square meal in thirty plus days I am sure that a whole bunch of you posters would also have eaten that chicken if you were in that position, had an empty belly and were expected to do some sort of challenge within hours.

But I suppose it would be well nigh impossible for you to even think of yourselves in that position, what with all the Mac Donalds, Pizza and Chinese eating-places on every corner.

I am vegetarian but I am honestly tempted to think that I may even have had some of that char grilled chicken.

It's still disrespectful to an entire culture. A culture that shared one of it's scared rituals with these people.

Their actions lacked culture and class.

come on the whole damn show was disrepsectful..having one of the camps be the ancient ruins of the Mayans? YEah that's not disrespectful :rolleyes:

As far as putting myself in their shoes...

If I knew I had to eat the corn meal for another week, I may be more tempted to eat the sacrifice, but

seeming as how there were a couple of days left...I would have waited. Hell, I would try to psych myself up hoping there was more food waiting for me after the challenge.

I wouldn't burn a Bible if I were freezing. But that's just me.

come on the whole damn show was disrepsectful..having one of the camps be the ancient ruins of the Mayans? YEah that's not disrespectful :rolleyes:

Totally different thing. If they had done something anti-christian there would be a big uproar. Same thing.

Totally different thing. If they had done something anti-christian there would be a big uproar. Same thing.

not from me.

but how can something be totally different and then the same thing.

but how can something be totally different and then the same thing.

I think the totally different is in reference to the camp on the site of the ruins.......which isn't totally different IMHO.

The same thing is in reference to the disrespect of the sacrificial chicken being the same as an anti-christian act.

Religion is religion.

I suppose since I started this thread I'll log in my opinion.......they asked if they could eat it and they were told no, it was ritualistic, they ignored that. Thats where the disrespect comes into play. So I have to wonder how sincere they were in their "diary" comments when they spoke of how moving it was, how meaningful (especially Lydia, but then we all know Lydia was trying to buy some time). Rafe withstanding, I think they were wrong. If they were thirsty would it be ok to pop into the local cathedral and guzzle some sacraficial wine? If Danni is fortunate enought to adopt out of Guatemala as she said last night, will she explain the child's culture to him/her as she slaps a chicken on the old BBQ at the family picnic? It just seems that their focus was on "me" and "my needs" and the meaning of what they had witnessed was lost on them.

Edited by Rejuvenated

I agree it was very disrespectful. It had not been that many days since Steph went with Cindy and had a big feast.

She was also asking Lydia about the chicken while the Mayans were having their ritual. NO CLASS AT ALL

All she wants to do is eat eat eat.