Sign in to follow this  
Jem

Ian

Sorry to say, Ian is an idiot! :roll:

Guest ranster627

I want on that list! :wink:

LOL, we have and Ian is and idiot list. Cool. :lol: Any other takers??

Can I add my name twice?? :wink:

I have never in the time watching this show, seen such a dumb move by a player! WHAT was he thinking?

I would like to have seen Tom take Ian, but I think Tom knew it would be too close.

Guest ranster627

I think it is even simpler ... Tom honored Ian's request ...

I'll joing the Ian is an Idiot Club too. What was he thinking?! :roll:

Survivor "quitter season" was just unbelievable. Why would anyone give up a million dollars to gain back the friendship of Tom and Katie? I hope his family and friends back home give him a smack upside his head. What a moron!!

Guest ranster627
right up there with Marcellas on BB

I soooooooo thought the same thing! :wink:

Guest realityoverload
Why would anyone give up a million dollars to gain back the frienship of Tom and Katie? I hope his family and friends back home give him a smack upside his head. What a moron!!

Can someone help me here... does something happen out there that makes seemingly sane people forget that they are there to win a million dollars and not the respect of people they have only known for 3 weeks? I can't imagine what it must be like to go through life knowing you probably threw away a million dollars. I wonder if Tom will take his calls? Or make that Tom's butler....... I have a feeling Ian will be humming Aretha's R-E-S-P-E-C-T for many years to come.

I was so shocked at Ian, what a huge mistake. I guess he came away with a car (nice one at that). BUT that's a whole lot of money to hand to someone. Wonder if he is kicking himself now? I don

I actually think Ian knew if he went up agaisnt Tom or Katie he had lost anyway because they jury knew everything since it was brought out at tribal (plus they knew more than we do because not all the tribal is shown, it could be 2 hours and we see 10minutes.). He figured he would be doing good all around if he told Tom to take Katie , he though she might have a shot at it considering Tom was brought up some too at tribal. Tom didn't take him because it was RESPECT for him not to, Ian asked him to take Katie if he did this, and he honored it.

Ian asked him to take Katie if he did this, and he honored it.
And there is why, at the time I thought he was an idiot. It's not so much Ian the person but his choice. He handed Tom a million.

I still think the jury would have voted for Ian and not Katie if he had won the last Immunity. Maybe it wouldn

I think you're right that Ian thought about it from all angles before he made that decision. He saved "face" but, I honestly believe that he didn't think he had a chance to win against either of them. I remember before they did the challenge Ian had a private interview and he said something along the lines of... he didn't try to come on the show and be the evil player. I think in his head he was going to be edited far worse than what the reality was and so, he saw a way to "survive" his own actions out there.

But, imo... it didn't matter who went up against katie... she wasn't going to win.

Guest dk32657

I don't understand the "saving face" part. Why would he care about saving face when it is all a game. Tom's strategy by playing on Ian's conscience was a good move I suppose...but why did I dislike Tom so much toward the end. He was such nice eye candy throughout the series, and such a hunk...but each week passing made me dislike him more and more.....Still trying to figure that one out....*scratching my furry head*

LOL... well, I didn't say he should or needed to save face... just that I thought that's what he was thinking. I agree with you... it's a game.

I also, agree with you about Tom... I really liked him on many levels :P when this season started but, I too became ... I don't know... annoyed or something with him. But, the last two eppy's he did warm back up to me so, although there was a lot to like about him... I think my women's intuition was seeing something... not sure what it was but, something was something chauvenistic or arrogant or... heck I don't know... but, something that took him off that pedal stool I had him on and made him a flawed human like the rest of us... hey maybe that's it... he's like the rest of us!!! :P

Guest dk32657

CiCiMom...oh, noooo I totally understood what you meant by the saving face part, and I totally agree with you 100%. :)

What I didn't like about Tom wasn't how he played the game. He played the game very well. I agree with CiCiMom and Suds that it was hard to pinpoint whether it was chauvenism or arrogance, or maybe even something else....not sure, but something definitely rubbed me the wrong way. And we mices like to be rubbed the right way, if you know what I mean....hehe

Unfortunately Tom did play smart. He knew how Ian reacted when he had done Katie wrong. He seen how it tore Ian up and Tom played on Ian's conscience...but that is the name of the game....survival of the fittest, and although Ian was strong physically, mentally he was a wuss.

However CiCiMom and Suds........I never let Tom down from my pedestal, he is still up there, although at the end of the game he got a bit too skinny for my liking...but am fattening him up with lots of cheese.....and puleasssssssee......HUMAN? Like us??? Who you talkin about? *checking in the mirror.....phewwwww still white and furry*

LOL dk... points well taken. In the end Tom deserved to win (only one in my eyes that could have given him a run for that money was Stephanie)... and next time I look in a review mirror... I hope I see human... but, furry can be cute too... hee hee