Sign in to follow this  
Phil-o-mania

'Amazing' Runner-Ups Finish 'Race' Online

variety_logo100x24.jpg

'Amazing' Runners-Up Finish 'Race' Online

by Josef Adalian and Ben Fritz

Bransen175.jpgLinz175.jpgWeavers175.jpg

'Amazing Race's final three families race to the finish line: (L-R) Bransen Family, Linz Family and Weavers Family.

Next week's "The Amazing Race" Season Finale won't actually be the finale. In a first for the CBS reality series, the 'Race' will continue online after the action ends on TV. That's because producers taped a runner-up challenge in which the second- and third-place teams competed to win a new car.

Rather than air the bonus segment on-air, however, CBS designed the challenge to be an Internet exclusive. As a result, the so-called "mini-race" will be featured exclusively on CBS' Web site, www.CBS.com. The six-minute segment will be available for streaming immediately after the West Coast broadcast of the 'Race' finale wraps at 11 p.m. on Tuesday, December 13.

It's not the only CBS content going digital. The network has signed a deal with Verizon Wireless to make video from its entertainment and news shows available as part of the cellular provider's V Cast subscription multimedia service.

Content will include clips and behind-the-scenes segments from "Entertainment Tonight," "CSI," "Survivor" and late night chat fests. While the network has made sports and news info available via wireless, this is the first time it has put video content onto mobile devices.

*bump*

(p.s. Don't go to the video page yet, or you might prematurely find out who won. See SPOILER thread for details.)

aw hell they have to get 12 icons fromt heir race and place them on the map puzzle they put together. The weavers will lose for sure

yup Bransen's won..of course they had more time to Rest than the weavers ;)

that makes 2 cars for them huh? Greedy bitches

Edited by nebartist

Well maybe instead of praying for everything under the sun they should spend some time getting an education and learn some geography. I still cannot believe this team thought that lake was one of the great lakes. Geez what a bunch of illiterates.

Wow what compassion you have suds... Do you hate them so much because you are christian? And they give your kind a bad name? If so then show some of that chistianity, and show compassions instead of spewing hate. If you are not Christian why do you care so much what they pray about?

Edited by nebartist

Yay for the Bransens!!!

Not surprising they won it... good for them!

They need another car for their lifetime of free gas. GOD that was a good prize heh.

Edited by Pallaton

Well Neb I know you were cheering for the Weavers and you think they are the greatest but guess what not everyone agrees. I would like to know where #1 I am spewing hatred in what I said, and just because I was not cheering for them does not mean I do not have compassion #2 what does my being a christian or not have anything to do with anything. Just for the record though I would like to know what "my kind" is in your opinion. You really should just accept they lost and get over it.

oh it is not about the loss it is about the hypocricy and you brought up the christian thing (praying for everything). That is your standard with the Weavers. And calling them illiterates seems a little heated to me. Why dont you get over it..they lost..yet you still have to spew your hate.

Edited by nebartist

I did not bring up the christian thing you did. I simply said that they should spend more time getting an education and learn some geography, instead of praying for everything under the sun. Which by the way a TRUE christian does not do, a true christian does not pray for god to help them win a million dollars, or get them a good cab driver or find the door to the coliseum. Geez wake up if anyone are hypocrits it is the Weavers, they claim to be christians but their actions show otherwise . As for me calling them illiterates I simply called it like I saw it. There were many examples during the race where they showed their total ignorance of the world around them. Definitely a sign of people that are not well educated or well read.

As for my standards you have no idea what they are. For someone that does not want others to judge the Weavers you seem quite content to sit on your throne and pass judgement on me.

As for me getting over it I have nothing to get over, I am entitled to my opinion and like you I wanted to discuss the outcome of the race.

oh so it is okay for you to tell me to get over it? Hmm the hypocricy again.. Like I asked what is it to anyone but them and their god what they pray for.

And 3rd place isn't too shabby for a bunch of illiterates. And they sure know how to navigate a compass.

Well maybe instead of praying for everything under the sun they should spend some time getting an education and learn some geography. I still cannot believe this team thought that lake was one of the great lakes. Geez what a bunch of illiterates.

What surprises me is that Linda Weaver is an elementary school teacher. I wouldn't want her teaching my kids geography. Thats almast as scary as having Magie as their nurse.

What surprises me is that Linda Weaver is an elementary school teacher. I wouldn't want her teaching my kids geography. Thats almast as scary as having Magie as their nurse.

Well.. actually alot of Elementary school teachers really aren't all that bright.

Same with middle school teachers.... at least the ones here.

Bf's aunt (by marriage) is a middle school teacher and LORD is that woman dumb as hell nm her being a big racist.

How she still has a job is beyond me.

B/c I'm bored.. here is an event that happened a few months ago....

Bf's family went to church and there was a singer there that day.

After the performance etc... the singer mentions she's part native American.

So what does the oh so brilliant aunt say?

That she's part native American as well (which she isn't) and THAT is why her brother has gambling problems and why her sister has problems with alcohol. :huh:

She's done and said some other pretty bad things... but I don't want this post to be too long.

So even though Weaver mom may be an idiot... there are worse out there than her teaching kids.

Comforting isn't it.

Makes me wonder,

Does she ask every child she teaches if they've found the Lord yet? :lol:

Roll call:

Mama Weaver: "Joe?"

Student: "here!

Mama Weaver: "Brlliant! Did you find the Lord lately?"

Student: "Nope. Im Hindu..."

Mama Weaver: "Then I wont be seeing you in heaven, I guess..."

Uz86 thanks for the laugh of the day hilarious.

*tips hat* Yer Welcome

OK, its the "nope" she picked up on with Joe right? We all know she wouldn't have a clue what Hindu means.

Im guessing she's well versed in anything non-christian...God forbid she be seen with the Heathens! :o

yup Bransen's won..of course they had more time to Rest than the weavers ;)

that makes 2 cars for them huh? Greedy bitches

Just out of curiosity, how does that make them greedy? They didn't come into the race to win a few prizes and step back so somebody else could win. I don't get how them giving their 100% at a task, that happened to include a car as a prize, makes them greedy. Would you think the same if the Weavers were in the place of the Bransen's? The Weavers winning two cars and free gas for life?

Just out of curiosity, how does that make them greedy? They didn't come into the race to win a few prizes and step back so somebody else could win. I don't get how them giving their 100% at a task, that happened to include a car as a prize, makes them greedy. Would you think the same if the Weavers were in the place of the Bransen's? The Weavers winning two cars and free gas for life?

Just out of curiosity, have you ever heard of sarcasm? A Joke? :blink:

The only one of them I have sompassion for is Rollie. Being in a house with those self-righteous whining people must be torturous.