Sign in to follow this  
cindyannie

Wow what a riveting season this was....

Well, it's not an academic competition, it's a race. . . so what's your point? Are you just disappointed along with most of the others here that the Weavers didn't crumble and go away?

Hey, I've lived with my least favorites winning reality shows for years. You'll get over it.

No really it's just that....hmmm...how can I say it?

They're idiots. Amazing Race used to be idiot proof.

That's my point....and thanks for asking

I don't know-- this season hasn't evoked much emotion in me. I'm really enjoying the race, but don't really love or hate anyone. ( and when I say 'love or hate', in terms of a reality show, I don't mean the true emotions - so please don't accuse me of taking these shows too seriously)

I was really glad to see the sisters go -- enough of them already!

But I can't say that I really care who wins. I'm feeling the same way about survivor too. I love watching it, but there's not really anyone I desperately want gone, nor is there anyone I am really rooting for.

To me, it's kind of nice to have this apathy. I watched BB this summer-- which was somewhat emotionally draining.

Not so much looking for a big emotional investment. I just want back what TAR used to be. Exciting.

This year was not at all. The challenges and locations were just lame. IMO.

Thing is, although im defending the Weavers to a extent, I really don't care if they win or lose. In fact, I don't care if any of them win. I havent grown emotionally attatched to any of them this season and that's pretty sad now that i think about it.

I loathed Rob and Amber from last season, and wanted to watch them stumble, while I really enjoyed Uchenna and Joyce's struggle and sympathised with thier plight. I even enjoyed the brothers to an extent.

Ditto goes from every single season before that (except for s.1, which I ddin't see). I identified and cheered for teams....this time its just...bleh...

So in a way, I agree with you Cindyannie. I miss exoctic locales and I miss the feirce competition and difficult tasks. This family edition is a dud at best...

Guest ranster627

Sad to say, I am non-plus about anyone ... I may not like the Weavers all that much, but at least they have brought some life to a dull season ... first for me was that this seems like TAR Lite, but then I came to realize the problem wasn't just the lack of exotic locales, but also that there are just too many people. I was much more invested in the teams that used to make TAR an event for me ...

I'm not really a fan of the Weavers, but I really don't dislike them either. But in a race across the world (and/or just America more-or-less, in this version) I do think the winners should have just a little knowledge of geography. In my own personal opinion I don't think the winner of the race should have such little knowledge of even AMERICAN geography. If you're 46 years old, and you have yet to figure out Pennsylvania is a state, can you really honestly say they deserve to win a race? Whether it's an academic competition or not, one would assume that you'd know PA was a state. I could understand if little Rolly didn't know, but the mother?

Edited by Moksha

what pisses me off, is the fact that they race,race,race...and then they all end up waiting because something doesn't open until 7:00 am or there's only one bus, or one flight.......what's the use????????

Hope next season goes back to the normal TAR!!

yeah, but doesnt that happen every season ?

I thought the season was decent enough

But the most riveting thing was Phil's Package on tuesday night. Did anyone else notice? :o:blink::o

im enjoying this season. it is my first race though, so i gues i have nothing to compare it too

sorry to have missed that about phil!!!

Edited by mikede

Damn Neb missed it!!!! That'll teach me not to pay attn!!!!!!!

iclpqw.jpg

iclr1u.jpg

I was watching witha friend who does not watch the show. The first thing she said when she saw phil was "Dang what's in his pants"

They do have that on every years shows but not on every episode. They normally offer different flight times of departure that can give you a lead or put you behind. But because they didn't fly very much they couldn't do that. So that whole element was missing this year. Then the whole dumbing down of the challenges etc for the kids made it quite lame.

The person who said this is not an academic game you couldn't be more wrong. This game combines, academia, athleticism, emotion, good sense etc. and when you ease up on the difficulty of any of these qualities you detract from the excitement level because it's too easy.

Next year should go back to normal since they lost ratings so much this year. Year after winning a grammy for best reality show. Go figure.

iclpqw.jpg

iclr1u.jpg

I was watching witha friend who does not watch the show. The first thing she said when she saw phil was "Dang what's in his pants"

mmmm neb, thank yopu for that!!!!! lol

I dunno.

Its true that in older seasons there was the whole "Park opens at 7am", but what made it different was the mystery TAR fostered in terms of flight and transportation. Usually we wouldnt know which flights were leaving and what could happen to them once they did, but this time it seems everytime there is a need for transportation (other than thier own), we ARE TOLD about them and thier details.

Also, the road blocks and other challenges seem to monotonous. Its like whoever gets there first fisnishes first without any true skill needed. I havent seena team significantly overtake another through the use of roadblocks as of yet in this season...

And to top it off, I miss seeing them diss other cultures ala Kendra: "And they keep breeding and breeding..." :P

I love tight pants....:)

OMG

I thought the same thing when watching! I thought my my Phil what a nice christmas package you have!

I never really noticed his bulge before but the other night you couldnt miss it!

and i agree YUMMY

Say HELLO to my LITTLE friend !! :rolleyes:

Maybe Phil was getting excited looking at mother Weaver LMAO.

oh yeah! orgasm city!!!! UGH GROSS lol, that was funny

did you see the contestants for next season...those two bartender girls were pretty good lookin!

Those two were smokin'!