Sign in to follow this  
missy

Godlewskis make me SICK!

We are going to have to agree to disagree because your preception of the Weavers is not the way I preceive them. I do not see that they are throwing religion in other people's faces. They are using their religion to lead their personal day to day life. I do not understand why because someone prays in front of others that it is consider ramming the christian belief down other's throats. I think this is the reason the Weavers think the other teams hate them because this is the only difference between them and the other teams.

I don't understand why when someone is christian its considered ramming it down people's throats to show their religion. But when people are different in any other way on the race, its not. And we should just accept that that is who they are even when they are constantly referring to and reminding us of their differences.

But when you are christian, to even mention it or refer to it, is considered "ramming it down people's throats".

Edited by missy

I don't understand why when someone is christian its considered ramming it down people's throats to show their religion. But when people are different in any other way on the race, its not. And we should just accept that that is who they are even when they are constantly referring to and reminding us of their differences.

But when you are christian, to even mention it or refer to it, is considered "ramming it down people's throats".

Missy- I agree with you and know exactly what you are talking about...........it's very true and a double standard I do not understand.

Reguardless of everything, they are just hypocritical.

It really escalted for me on last nights episode..

it had a recap of them throwing food, a recap of them trying to get the Linz's a history lesson, and then them saying how much the other teams hate them and how they are the only nice team left. hmmmm

Reguardless of everything, they are just hypocritical.

It really escalted for me on last nights episode..

it had a recap of them throwing food, a recap of them trying to get the Linz's a history lesson, and then them saying how much the other teams hate them and how they are the only nice team left. hmmmm

What about a recap of the antics of the other teams? For instance the "mooning" to one team. Or the "smacking" of the rear end of another team member to an opposing team? And then there is also the personal attack on someones looks and wishing a house be dropped on the wicked witch. As I've said before wondering why other teams hate you and coming the conclusion that it's because of your christianity because that is the only difference is not being a hypocrite.

ahhhhhhh what are you talking about? And PLEASE stop talking about people's looks! Seems to me you must be one of thos christian bashers!!!!!!!!!

So talking about someones looks makes you a Christian basher? Come off it!

Ah, the true sign of a master spinner, telling someone they are spinning whos telling you they you spinning.

and yes, one ofthose butt ugly girls, said they are better than everyone else, cause they are christian...

are you one of those self ritcheous christians too......most likely, you people are blind to anyone but yourelves

Gotta love it eh Mike? Thanx for confirming what I heard!

You just dont get it do you?? Being Christian and saying it is not raming it down people throats, but when you say we are better then others because we are christian - that is, plain and simple, they keep using it as an excuse, and its not!

You spin my words and take them out of context. Please read the whole conversation before you pick and choose how to spin my words. Thanks for confirming what I heard!

Now starts the bashing of posters with a different opinion than the majority.

Edited by Stephanie615

Gotta love Mike, the MASTER spinner...

Gotta love Mike, the MASTER spinner...

What are you talking about. I thought I was the spinner?? :rolleyes:

What are you talking about. I thought I was the spinner?? :rolleyes:

Hey, if you want to take the credit ;) Go right ahead! LOL :P

Wow a thread about the sisters turns into Weaver talk. You Weaver haters got to admit that without them this season would be boring. Look at the threads for the other families. They are tiny in comparison. Admit it you have to have something to bitch about or you don't type. Same with me and Survivor. Without my hate for stepheME I would hardly post on that board.

WIN WEAVERS!!!

You just dont get it do you?? Being Christian and saying it is not raming it down people throats, but when you say we are better then others because we are christian - that is, plain and simple, they keep using it as an excuse, and its not!

I don't recall them saying they were better than others because they were Christian... and I don't want someone's spin on what they meant or thought they meant or assumed they meant. I've watched every show and I don't recall this at all.

I don't recall them saying they were better than others because they were Christian... and I don't want someone's spin on what they meant or thought they meant or assumed they meant. I've watched every show and I don't recall this at all.

One of the Weaver girls did say it. It was at their first yield. I believe it was the same time when they were making fun of the one family, because Dad was a garbage man, and making fun of the sisters, insinuating they were surgically enhanced. I remember it, because it was a turning point for me. I had sympathy for these guys, but that soured it for me. I too, am a Christian. But that does not make be any better, or more deserving of God's blessings that anyone else. And as far as them trashing the other teams -- blaaaaaahhh--big deal, they all do it. But doesn't that just prove that they really aren't any better than anyone else?

Missy, your original post about how awful the Godlewskies sisters are seems a bit hypocritical of you. I thought you didn't like all the bashing that was going on. Or is that only in the case of the Weavers?

One of the Weaver girls did say it. It was at their first yield. I believe it was the same time when they were making fun of the one family, because Dad was a garbage man, and making fun of the sisters, insinuating they were surgically enhanced. I remember it, because it was a turning point for me. I had sympathy for these guys, but that soured it for me. I too, am a Christian. But that does not make be any better, or more deserving of God's blessings that anyone else. And as far as them trashing the other teams -- blaaaaaahhh--big deal, they all do it. But doesn't that just prove that they really aren't any better than anyone else?

Missy, your original post about how awful the Godlewskies sisters are seems a bit hypocritical of you. I thought you didn't like all the bashing that was going on. Or is that only in the case of the Weavers?

Correction: how awful their BEHAVIOUR was. I think they are old enough to know better and not act like a bunch of 10 year olds with the spitefulness going around. These are older women who should have some more class than they are showing.

Are they bad people? No probably not, but did I think their behaviour was bad? Sure. Why did I think this more so than the Weavers? Because the Weavers are young kids, not mature adults.

I'd HOPE that I'd show more restraint and not talk bad after being yielded, but I don't know if I would! I might have been really angry and said something I may have regretted in the heat of the moment as well. But, as to whether or not she actually believes she is better than them, I don't know but I thought what she said was closer to speculation on the fact that they were better Christians than others. Not down right superiority.

Correction: how awful their BEHAVIOUR was. I think they are old enough to know better and not act like a bunch of 10 year olds with the spitefulness going around. These are older women who should have some more class than they are showing.

Are they bad people? No probably not, but did I think their behaviour was bad? Sure. Why did I think this more so than the Weavers? Because the Weavers are young kids, not mature adults.

I'd HOPE that I'd show more restraint and not talk bad after being yielded, but I don't know if I would! I might have been really angry and said something I may have regretted in the heat of the moment as well. But, as to whether or not she actually believes she is better than them, I don't know but I thought what she said was closer to speculation on the fact that they were better Christians than others. Not down right superiority.

Better people??? Better Christians? Doesn't make much difference to me. They have a twisted sense of Christianity if they think it makes them superior to anyone.

And, I'm not going to change my opinion of them, or let them off the hook for what they say, just because they are teenagers. They are playing a game with a chance to win a million bucks. They know this, and they knew they would be filmed while doing it. I don't care for whiners, I don't care for quitters, and I don't care for people only see the faults in others, and not themselves.

Better people??? Better Christians? Doesn't make much difference to me. They have a twisted sense of Christianity if they think it makes them superior to anyone.

And, I'm not going to change my opinion of them, or let them off the hook for what they say, just because they are teenagers. They are playing a game with a chance to win a million bucks. They know this, and they knew they would be filmed while doing it. I don't care for whiners, I don't care for quitters, and I don't care for people only see the faults in others, and not themselves.

I don't see the Weavers as whiners and certainly not quitters. My opinion is that they are not seeing faults in others as much as they are trying to understand why they are hated as a team so much when they have done nothing different (except pray) than the other teams. I think they have been subjected to unfair bashing from the other team because of one simple untruth that was started by another team and snowballed. I don't see that they are using their christianity to make them superior but they see it as making them different from the other teams leading them to believe that that is the reason for the bashing.

I'm guessing you don't care for the Godlewskis? I perceive them as always whining about each other and about how the Weavers are still in the race! Same with the Linz family. Sure, everyone is going to talk about everyone, but what makes me mad is, just the Weavers are taking the rap for it! I've heard other teams saying that they are smarter or stronger or faster..... no one is calling them out on this really.

All the teams are very good at seeing faults in others, and for that matter, I think everyone has an easier time seeing someone else's faults and not their own. Thats being a human being... no one wants to see things wrong with themselves or see themselves as a bad guy/gal, its just natural!

Not trying to change your opinion, just trying to point out why I think people are being unfair to them.

I'm guessing you don't care for the Godlewskis? I perceive them as always whining about each other and about how the Weavers are still in the race! Same with the Linz family. Sure, everyone is going to talk about everyone, but what makes me mad is, just the Weavers are taking the rap for it! I've heard other teams saying that they are smarter or stronger or faster..... no one is calling them out on this really.

All the teams are very good at seeing faults in others, and for that matter, I think everyone has an easier time seeing someone else's faults and not their own. Thats being a human being... no one wants to see things wrong with themselves or see themselves as a bad guy/gal, its just natural!

Not trying to change your opinion, just trying to point out why I think people are being unfair to them.

Just for you crs ;) Ditto Missy! :D:P

Oh good grief! I really don't love/hate anyone in this race. No , I don't particularly care for the sisters. Yes, I do get sick of their sniping at each other. I think the Linz family has made some pretty immature, and un-called for comments.

Well, heck, I'm pretty sure they all have. I'm really not into all this scorekeeping -- who said what and when to whom. It's their reaction to the game that I don't care for (in the Weavers) They need to just roll with the punches. I don't need to see them whining about how everyone hates them any more.

Oh good grief! I really don't love/hate anyone in this race. No , I don't particularly care for the sisters. Yes, I do get sick of their sniping at each other. I think the Linz family has made some pretty immature, and un-called for comments.

Well, heck, I'm pretty sure they all have. I'm really not into all this scorekeeping -- who said what and when to whom. It's their reaction to the game that I don't care for (in the Weavers) They need to just roll with the punches. I don't need to see them whining about how everyone hates them any more.

I think the Weavers are a little thin skinned because they are just coming off a terrible tragedy. I think they are rolling with the punches but are a little thin skinned on the personal attacks and bashing they are taking........maybe when they see the show and see that the trouble was started with an untruth about them from another team they will understand.

HELLO!!!!!! You are sbsolutely right, but this family freakin does it!!! i just watched the damn episode, within the first 10 minutes!!!!!

Hey---- Missy/Stephanie is back to continue the war. Give it up , girl.Another poster , Flynwa, outed you.You "both" join the same day, within minutes of each other,always post at the same times, and always agree with "each other". Why do you go to the trouble? We know there's just one of you--- :lol::lol::lol: .

Just another ambitious troll-----

Guest ranster627
Hey---- Missy/Stephanie is back to continue the war. Give it up , girl.Another poster , Flynwa, outed you.You "both" join the same day, within minutes of each other,always post at the same times, and always agree with "each other". Why do you go to the trouble? We know there's just one of you--- :lol::lol::lol: .

Just another ambitious troll-----

BUSTED!!!! LOL

Because the Weavers are young kids, not mature adults.

But, as to whether or not she actually believes she is better than them, I don't know but I thought what she said was closer to speculation on the fact that they were better Christians than others.

The thing about the Weaver kids being