Fuskie

Survivor 35: Episode Recaps

This is where you'll find recaps of each week's episode of Season 35, Survivor: Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers.  Please let us know what you think after each episode!

Fuskie

Who is looking forward to a good season...

Survivor is back! 18 strangers are about to begin an adventure that will forever change their lives. They’ll be abandoned and forced to work together while voting each other out in the greatest social experiment on television. In the end, only one will remain to claim the million-dollar prize. 39 days. 18 people. 1 survivor!

Welcome to the 35th season of Survivor. For the first time ever, you have been divided into three tribes by traits most associated with you by others. This is how the world sees you. First group, you are the hero tribe. You are heralded for your courage, your achievements, your ideals for which you stand. He asks a guy in a cowboy hat his name and he says Ben. Jeff asks if that rings true for him, what is his world about? Ben says he has a family and was in the marine corps and served his country and it was just his job. Chrissy tells us she definitely feels like she belongs on the hero tribe.

Next group is the Healer tribe. They receive gratitude for their acts of service for helping others heal their physical or emotional pain. We meet Cole who takes out disadvantaged teens who struggle with addiction and they teach them survival skills in the outdoors. We meet Mike who says he’s a sex doctor. He specializes in sexual dysfunction in male infertility.

The last group is the Hustler tribe. They are respected for their hard work ethic. Their mantra is get it done no matter what 100% all the time. We meet Allie who is a personal assistance. We meet Ryan who’s a bellhop and he thinks they have a strong group. He’s a 125 lbs soaking wet and he’s going to have to rely on his tribe. Jeff hands out the tribe’s buffs.

This is their first opportunity to prove their value to their tribe. The boat is loaded with supplies. Their job is to get as many supplies from the boat they’re on to their tribe boat. They show a shot of a secret advantage. Jeff continues there is an even bigger reward at stake. On the beach each tribe has a burning urn 15 feet high. When Jeff rings a bell, that’s their cue to get all 6 tribe members on the boat and paddle to shore. When they get to shore they must lift one person high enough to light their torch. The first tribe to get fire, wins fire in the form of a massive fire making kit that will be waiting for them back at camp. Second place tribe, not as pretty but they get flint which they can use to make fire. The last tribe to finish, otherwise known as the losers, will go back to camp with no fire. This is day one of a 39 day million-dollar adventure and it begins now.

They begin scrambling for supplies and throwing them overboard.  People are already going overboard without getting many supplies at all. Ryan from the Hustlers has found the secret advantage. Jeff rings the bell and everyone must get off the supply boat and get their tribe boat and row towards shore. Hustler tribe is struggling to get in their boat. Healers are leading, with Heroes on their tale and Hustlers rowing the wrong way. Healers are first to the beach, with the Heroes right behind them. Healers get fire and a massive fire reward. Hustlers still haven’t made it to the beach.

Healer tribe won the massive fire kit and they will know they are at their beach when they see the fire already burning. Heroes win flint. Each tribe has a map in their boat and they can get in and start paddling. Ali is hoping their work ethic and strength alone can get it done, but at this point she’s very nervous.

As the Healers row in they see the biggest fire they’ve ever seen. We meet Jessica and she talks about Cole being Tarzan, he’s ripped. Joe is a probation officer and he wanted to be on a tribe he can easily manipulate and if you’re a healer you have a big heart. He’s in rehabilitation, but out there he’s not an officer and they are all his victims at this point.

At the Hero camp, Ashley is a life guard and she says game on and the hero cape is off. She talks to a fellow tribemate, JP, and says she likes cowboy. We meet Alan who is a former NFL player and he is here to play the game. He talks to Ben as they gather bamboo and discuss who they want to work with and talk about wanting strength. Alan has been watching JP and Ashley and he thinks they are working together. Ben tells us they are looking at a core 4, him, JP, Alan, and Ashley. They are younger and fit and they have the 2 moms, Chrissy and Trina. They labelled them the mom squad and that’s an easy target at this point. Winning is the most important thing right now for the tribe.

We see the Hustlers camp and they are deciding where to build their shelter. Lauren is a fisherman and she’s disappointed they lost the first challenge, but they are strong and they need to work together. Ali says her priorities for day 1 is to make sure she’s meshing well with people and she wants to see where Patrick’s head is at because he seems to be meshing well with others. She talks to him and he says they have to win the first tribal though. They agree to have each other’s back.

Patrick is wondering who got the clue on the boat. Ryan is dying to know what his advantage is and he goes off by himself and he opens the package. He found a super immunity idol. It can be played AFTER the votes have been read and can save whoever he plays it for. He says that gives him so much power. He reads further that it comes with a twist. It is only good at the first tribal council. If his tribe wins immunity, then his tribe won’t go to tribal council. In that case, he must send it to somebody on the losing tribe so they can use it at tribal council. The recipient will not know who sent it. He says he has the most power right now in the game and no one has any clue whatsoever.

Mike tells us his son told him to go look for the idol. He says if his 10-year old knows to look for it then he should do that and so should everyone else. He is willing to do what it takes to win. Joe thinks Mike is out looking for the idol and he doesn’t think Mike is a trustworthy guy. Joe confront Mike and says he’s kind of suspect running around the island and Mike says he didn’t find it. Mike doesn’t trust Joe for one second. Joe tells Mike he wants him to be aware that everyone else is aware.

Back at the Hustler tribe, Ryan is talking about how crucial first impressions are and he likes Devon being in the group. Ryan says he seems like a guy who is looking for someone who is more strategically sound and he wants to build a connection. He tells him about the super idol. Devon says him and Ryan have the same mindset and chemistry and they are going to cause havoc together.

It’s now night time and we’re at the Heroes tribe and Alan tells us he knows there’s something going on between JP and Ashley and he needs to let others know because those two could be strong together. Alan confronts JP and wants to know if he has an idol. JP and Ashley says he’s tripping out. Alan says he just put a target on their back which was his goal. JP says Alan is a crazy man and his drama he causes might not be worth his strength. Ashley says Alan is starting to lose his mind because he made JP strip to prove he didn’t have an idol. Ashley says just like that trust is out the window and moving forward with him could be a liability down the road.

It’s time for the first immunity challenge! For today’s challenge they are going to race up a cargo net to the top of a tower. They’ll then pull a heavy cart up, climb in, and then careen down to the bottom where they will find a choice of three Survivor table mazes. First tribe here gets first choice. Second tribe to arrive chooses between the remaining two and the last tribe gets what’s left. They’ll then work together to get that maze to the top of a taller tower where two players will maneuver three balls through the maze. First two tribes to finish win immunity. Jeff reveals the immunity idols. Hustlers are still competing for fire in the form of flint and at tribal council, tie votes are back in.

All tribes are quickly up to the top and they start pulling the cart. All of them have their carts and they all head down. Heroes are here first and they choose the third puzzle, Hustlers got the second choice, and Healers get what’s left. Next phase is getting the maze to the top. Lauren and Ryan for the Hustlers, Cole and Joe are up for the Healers, and Alan and Ashley are going up for the Heroes. Joe is taking a long time to get to the cop but he finally gets up there. Hustlers have their puzzle first with Heroes right behind. Healers are last up. Chrissy and Ben for the Heroes are working on the puzzle, Devon and Ali for the Hustlers, and Mike and Desi are doing theirs for the Hustlers. Healers have their first ball in. Heroes are figuring it out and Hustlers have their first point. All tribes have their first ball. Healers have their second ball. Hustlers are close to their second. Heroes are close and they are in and out and they finally drop with Hustlers right behind. All tribes now have two balls.

Healers win first immunity. We need one more. Hustlers are very close to closing out and Heroes are through their tough spot. Heroes ball went in and out and then Hustlers went in and out as well. Hustlers ball rattles around and finally drops and they win immunity sending the Heroes tribe to tribal council. Hustlers got their flint. Chrissy from the Heroes is down on her knees and Jeff is asking if she’s all right. She vomits and Jeff says they have medical there if she needs it. Jeff says that’s what tribes are all about, they are there for each other. Jeff tells them all they can head out. Ryan says he has to decide who to give his super idol to. He can give it to someone in the minority and get out a threat and change the game.

We’re at the Heroes camp as they return from the immunity challenge. Ashley tells us before last night the vote was easy but Alan created a spectacle out of nothing. In less than 12 hours everything went from them being 100% safe solid four to there really is no trust. Alan says Ashley and JP think he’s in their four but he doesn’t trust them. Trina and Chrissy talk to Alan and he says he thinks it’s him. Trina says them three with Ben could be a four. Ben says if everyone had just stuck to the plan it’d be fine but everything has blown up. Ben says there are two ways him and Alan can go. They can go with the mom squad and get Ashley out or go with Ashley and JP and get Trina or Chrissy out. Ben is concerned Ashley and JP could have something but he wants to keep their tribe strong. It’s going to come down to who they trust more.

Chrissy was getting ready for tribal and she sees a package in her bag. She opens it and she has been selected to receive the super idol. She says how luck did she get. She says the decision with what she does is extremely important, especially since half the tribe is on the chopping block. She wants to see what plays out and let the discussion at tribal council dictate how she plays it.

Heroes go into tribal council and they get their torches and get fire. Jeff asks Ben if he’s thinking the game really does move this fast. Ben says it’s exciting and scary but it’s the game they came to play. Jeff asks Chrissy what was the vibe the first few moments they hit the beach. She says she didn’t fit in and Jeff says really? She says she thought the four physical threat together and Jeff asks who that is and she answers JP, Ashley, Alan, and Ben. Jeff asks Katrina if she had the same feeling and she says yeah. Jeff says one of the unique things about the game, Ashley, they might never meet and people out here tell you what they think, true or not. Ashley tells Jeff about the Alan confrontation with JP. Jeff says so JP you’re wrapped up this as well and JP says I guess so, but it’s part of the game.

Jeff says Chrissy, one thing about Survivor is when you’re linked to someone else, that’s seen as two votes. Chrissy says yeah that was the concern that was a power couple this early. Ashley says it’s ridiculous to throw out the term power couple this early when she’s had no conversation alone with JP. Alan says he just wanted to let the tribe know that there was something stronger in the tribe than just the tribe. Ben says they shouldn’t bicker because they are Heroes and they need to follow their plan and make their team strong and hash things out later. Jeff says to Alan that it sounds like Ben has another plan that he wants to happen? Alan says definitely, he could have sat back with his feet up and be comfortable and get rid of Chrissy or Katrina, but that’s the risk he had to take to let people know something else was going on. Chrissy thinks it’s unwise to lose her skills at this point. Katrina says she thinks it’s a point where everyone is on the chopping block and if they can be honest about what’s happening they will get further as a tribe. Ben says he isn’t sure what’s happening tonight and they will have to do damage control no matter what happens.

It’s time to vote! Jeff will go and tally the votes. If anyone has a hidden immunity idol and you want to play it, now will be the time to do so. Jeff will read the votes. First vote Katrina. Ashley. Katrina. Katrina. First person voted out of Survivor is Katrina. That’s four that’s enough. Chrissy watches and does not use her idol. Jeff says while the vote was united, this tribe is clearly not. Grab your torches, head back to camp. Good night!

Next time on Survivor… there’s a new power couple and we see Chrissy and Ben. A budding romance with Cole and Jessica. And a bad break-up, Patrick and Ali and Ali doesn’t know how she can work with him, he’s crazy.

13 hours ago, Fuskie said:

This is where you'll find recaps of each week's episode of Season 35, Survivor: Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers.  Please let us know what you think after each episode!

Fuskie

Who is looking forward to a good season...

I hope this is as interesting as the Big Brother message boards were.  Looking forward to a bunch of posters that I "met" on Morty's BB will be on this one also.

gotta say I missed the 90 minute premiere last night - there was so much more I wanted see and 40 minutes - not counting commercials - was not enough - Alan better be careful - his actions might just get him booted off - I get why Chrissy did not play the idol - why call attention to herself if she didn't have to?  seriously though, an Olympic swimmer?  on a competition show  where a lot of the challenges involve water?  was that really smart?  looking forward to the rest of the season! - what say you?:)

1 hour ago, graceomalley said:

gotta say I missed the 90 minute premiere last night - there was so much more I wanted see and 40 minutes - not counting commercials - was not enough - Alan better be careful - his actions might just get him booted off - I get why Chrissy did not play the idol - why call attention to herself if she didn't have to?  seriously though, an Olympic swimmer?  on a competition show  where a lot of the challenges involve water?  was that really smart?  looking forward to the rest of the season! - what say you?:)

It was only an hour. I don't know all the names yet, but I seem to like Chrissy at this point (she was the one vomiting after the comp right, who received the special idol?) The black guy on her team is freaking crazy. Paranoid much?

And why is there always a guy or two who insist on only wearing their underwear from day one? You know your going on Survivor, wear some comfortable shorts. 

Thanks for the link HelenL!

1 hour ago, WOC said:

It was only an hour. I don't know all the names yet, but I seem to like Chrissy at this point (she was the one vomiting after the comp right, who received the special idol?) The black guy on her team is freaking crazy. Paranoid much?

And why is there always a guy or two who insist on only wearing their underwear from day one? You know your going on Survivor, wear some comfortable shorts. 

the one who was vomiting was the one who got voted off - she was the Olympic swimmer - the one with the idol  was Chrissy she had one vote for her I think - I think the one voted off was Katrina maybe? not sure

15 minutes ago, graceomalley said:

the one who was vomiting was the one who got voted off - she was the Olympic swimmer - the one with the idol  was Chrissy she had one vote for her I think - I think the one voted off was Katrina maybe? not sure

Ok, thanks!

Nice to see you guys here ...

Looking forward to getting everyone's input...

3 hours ago, watchers said:

qGuvWaO.gif

Why are the names of Ben, Ashley and Katrina written in yellow and Jessica's in white and everyone else in black.  Does that mean something?  

2 hours ago, Newby said:

Why are the names of Ben, Ashley and Katrina written in yellow and Jessica's in white and everyone else in black.  Does that mean something?  

And why are the names of the Hustlers below the pictures? The mystery deepens! :P

Perhaps the different colors make it easier to read against the backgrounds.

Lol the mystery deepens....

Yes WOC different colors do make it easier 

to read the names...

The names below because I had the

room to put them there....

Maybe I will change things from time to time... :)

6 minutes ago, watchers said:

to read the names...

Thanks.  I thought I might have missed something in the show, like these players got something special.  I knew I didn't see them find idols but just didn't know.

On 9/30/2017 at 9:19 AM, watchers said:

to read the names...

Thanks for putting the time in. 

On 9/30/2017 at 9:27 AM, Newby said:

Thanks.  I thought I might have missed something in the show, like these players got something special.  I knew I didn't see them find idols but just didn't know.

You're welcome....

3 hours ago, WOC said:

Thanks for putting the time in. 

I enjoy doing it....

Just got to watch first episode last night, looking forward to new season.  All the tribes seemed equal in challenge,  Joe from Healers and Alan from Heros appeared to be conformational and a little off tiltar.  Liked the early alliance of Ryan and Devon.  FYI I do think Alan could be one of those people who throws way all the rice!

6 hours ago, Gram02 said:

Just got to watch first episode last night, looking forward to new season.  All the tribes seemed equal in challenge,  Joe from Healers and Alan from Heros appeared to be conformational and a little off tiltar.  Liked the early alliance of Ryan and Devon.  FYI I do think Alan could be one of those people who throws way all the rice!

I really don't know much about these people, except for what the show told us. I wonder if Alan has ever watched the show before? Being confrontational like he was puts a sure target on him. They want to keep the strong players so they kept him. But if they continue to lose he will be sure to go quick. 

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎28 at 4:01 PM, WOC said:

Hey WOC you're welcome, was wondering if you'd gotten the message, glad you did.

S35 Episode 2  Oct 3, 2017

Previously on Survivor....At TC Katrina is voted out while Chrissy holds onto the super idol (its not usable now). Back at Heroes camp they never want to go to TC again. Chrissy says it was great for her, she feels she is no longer on the bottom. She says she can use the super idol as a decoy idol later, it has no power but it has power. Ben says this group is like old paint, its cracked and missing in spots. Its every man for himself.

Day 4, Hustlers camp. Ryan says the hustler tribe is feeling good about themselves. Ryan feels he has connected with everyone but Simone. Simone is not an outdoor person, she hates the outside. Simone offers to gut the fish, she has read up on it. She does a good job. Ali says she can use Simone to her advantage, like putty in her hands. At Healers tribe...Cole thinks Jessica is super cute, he digs her energy a lot. They flirt a lot, he can see himself with her.

Joe takes off to look for the HII, he finds a clue carved into a tree. He wants to talk to Cole about it. Joe asks if Cole has it, he says no. Joe takes him to the clue, Joe says its the well, not the raft. They sneak past camp and head for the well, they dig and Joe gets it. Now he knows Mike doesn't have the HII...Cole goes back and uses the machete on the clue.

Day 5 Heroes camp, Jp goes fishing, he caught a lobster. He says if ppl have a full belly they are happy. Jp says he and Ashley are not a couple, they will keep things low for now. Chrissy says she feels she can go far, she talks with Jp and says they could go far, ppl  wouldn't suspect them as being together. Chrissy is not convinced there isn't a power couple. Chrissy says maybe Ben, they compliment each other. They agree to stay together. Ben says they are in, they are in the drivers seat, what ever they decide to do will be it.

Hustler camp They find a crab, Pat is afraid of crabs (so he grabs it and screams) Pat is starting to get on Laurens nerves, she is a 25 yr old boy. Really?! she cant just come out and tell him to shut up. Lauren talks with Ali about Pat. Ali asks us how is she supposed to work with Pat if he is getting on ppls nerves. She will have to think about it, if ppl decide to vote Pat out she thinks she doesn't need him in the game anymorel

Day 6... Reward challenge time. they are on a floating platform, they will swim out to a floating net ring, dive down and maneuver some puzzle pieces out of it, they will use those pieces to make a sign post. They are playing for huge  fishing gear or second gets smaller fishing gear. Go.....Hustlers get to cage first. Hustlers get some pieces out of cage, all 3 have one bundle. Hustlers have one bundle left to go. Hustlers get 3rd bundle, Healers have second bundle. Heroes now have 3 bundles. Healers still need one, they get it. Healers make up some time. Hustlers out to an early lead. Everyone working on the sign, the key is to get the signs so they don't hit the blocks in the way. The sign is some of the places Survivor has been over the years. Its dead even, anyone can pull it out. Healers think they have it...and they do, they win immunity and huge reward. Heroes vs Hustlers still. Heroes win immunity and smaller reward. Hustlers know the drill, TC tonight and someone going home. Simones name is dropped.

Day 6 Hustlers camp. Simone says she is sorry, they had a good lead, she wishes she could have been better in the puzzle. Simone mentions Pat to Lauren and Ali. They agree its Pat. At camp Pat says Simone to Ryan. Ali says she trusts Pat over Simone but he is unpredictable. She talks to Ryan about Pat. Ryan says Pat is like a new born baby, you like it but you have to watch it every single second. Ryan says Simone scares him tho, he wants to trust ppl, there is no place to hide in a 6 person tribe.

Time for TC...They take torch and get fire. Jeff asks Ryan what the vibe of the tribe is, he says they have bonded, its like a bday party for the kid you don't like. Lauren says its more like a funeral. She says they can work together. Ali says this game changes rapidly, you have to have ppl on your side. Ryan says there are 6 different agendas there but every body thinks there is just one plan. Simone says its about building a solid foundation and trust.

Pat says having trust is huge and he feels he can trust most of the ppl here. Jeff says most. Pat says all the ppl, it was a slip. Ryan says he is sold. Lauren says if you mean all say all. Pat says he is nervous. He says he is one of the most trustworthy ppl here. Ryan says he would be gutted if he went home so early. Simone says its fine, its real, she is terrified 100% of the time.

Time to vote....Time to tally the votes, anyone want to use an HII? Nope. Votes: Patrick,  Simone, Simone, Simone, second person voted out of Survivor 35 is Simone. She  says she knows, she waves and walks off. Jeff says bad news is they are down a player, good news is they are the hustler tribe, they get back up.

Next time on survivor....A war erupts and a line in the sand is drawn.

It's a good thing Joe showed Cole 

the clue or he be lost...

Previously on Survivor, at the Hero tribe Alan was aiming to take out a power couple. At the healer tribe, Joe and Cole went on the hunt for an idol. At the hustler tribe, Simone and Patrick were the clear targets. At tribal council, Patrick made a questionable remark, but in the end Simone was sent home. 16 are left, who will be voted out tonight?

We’re at Day7 with the Hustlers and Ryan is wearing Simone’s clothes that she left behind. Patrick is also putting on a few items. Ryan and Patrick are talking about the girls and Ryan asks if he has a preference and Patrick says Ali to stay and Lauren is the next one to go. Ryan says Ali is the most relatable female on the tribe and she’s in the same age range. Ryan doesn’t think anyone has anything going on with Lauren.

Ali and Lauren are talking while they are washing in the ocean and they are talking about trying to work together. Lauren tells us she feels like she’s on the outs because she’s having a hard time making sure she’s included. She’s a single-mom and everyone on her tribe is like high school buddies. Devon joins the girls and Lauren brings up Patrick’s comment from tribal council and she’s trying to place a target on his back. Ali says she doesn’t know what’s going on with Patrick because he just blurts out words, but if they get rid of him it weakens their tribe. Ali says Patrick doesn’t understand the social game is huge for Survivor, but right now she kind of needs him.

At the Heroes beach, Chrissy and Ben are talking and they say everyone needs to work with them and they are in the prime position. Ben says they are driving the train, but moving forward they need to figure out the next target. Ben says Ashley is a hard worker and a lot of fun, so the better choices are JP and Alan. Alan and Ben were aligned from day one but he’s a hothead and a loose cannon and JP is walking around like he doesn’t know what’s going on, but he does fish.

Alan is chopping coconuts but he’s had trouble with them. He tells us everyone can get them open but he’s been struggling with them. We see him chopping away trying to get a coconut open and he tells us this isn’t his element at all. He played in the NFL but cannot get a coconut open. He says it’s tough out here!

Ashley says JP is becoming dreamier and dreamier as the days go on. Every time he comes out of the ocean with a different animal something goes on inside her. He’s becoming a provider and making himself useful and less and less like Alan as the days go by. Ashley says they can’t talk to each other though, because Alan went nuts on day two and called them some kind of power couple. So if Alan sees anything between her and JP he’ll go off again and she’s ready for him to go.

Ashley is talking to Ben and she says JP has been fishing and Alan is getting coconuts and it’s like they are trying to make themselves valuable. Ashley says Alan makes his moves out loud and it doesn’t seem like a safe bet. Ben says neither is JP and he’s a puppy waiting to be led and Ashley says but he could be our puppy, we could train him. Ben says if anyone dangles a piece of meat in front of JP he could go the other way. Ben doesn’t fully trust Ashley at this point because she keeps pulling for JP to stay in the game and that makes him think maybe they are working together and a power couple on Survivor doesn’t work out good.

At the Healers camp, Joe says everything is going great. They are the dominant tribe, everyone is on the same page about Mike being the first vote out because he has them believing Mike has an idol. He’s calm, cool, and collected right now, things couldn’t go better. The only thing is Cole knows he has the idol and he’s concerned about Cole’s relationship with Jessica.

Jessica says the fishing experience is 100% bonding for her and Cole and they are really forming a connection. But in life outside of Survivor she moves like a slug when it comes to romance. She’s from a super religious background and she’s still a virgin. She says being a couple on Survivor is hard and dangerous. Cole asks if she’s enjoying herself and she says yeah, she’s having a blast. Cole guarantees Jessica that she’s safe. Jessica says she better be, he can’t get to the end without her and laughs. Cole tells Jessica that Joe has the hidden immunity idol. Cole is defining her as his dream girl and he wanted to share some information with her. Jessica says having that knowledge brings her so much happiness because secrets are powerful in the game. She’s elated.

At the Hustlers tribe it’s morning and they are just milling about the camp. Patrick heads out into the forest and Ryan watches and he thinks Patrick is searching for the idol. He says it’s Survivor 101 not to search for idols in front of everyone. Patrick tells us he has idol fever and he’s not hiding that he’s looking for it and maybe that will come back and bite him. He works harder than the rest of his tribe members looking for an idol because that’s how he is in everyday life. Ali tries to explain to Patrick the social aspect and tells him people will wonder why he’s worried by looking for an idol. Patrick says Ali telling him to cool it is difficult because he just has to be him.

Back at the Healers tribe, they are cooking and Mike is thanking them for cooking. Joe is saying the potatoes are raw and Desi says she’d eat it and he threw it off into the woods. Desi says that’s kind of off-putting. Roark says Joe is more than welcome to cook next time and he doesn’t know how people can eat raw food. Cole says Joe is rubbing people the wrong way and it bothers him that Joe has the idol and has all the power. Cole pitches to Jessica that if they should lose tonight maybe they should take Joe out. Cole says the idol is unpredictable especially in the wrong person’s hands. Cole tells Roark at camp about Joe having the idol and Jessica is upset. Cole pitches to split the votes if they lose and Roark is buying into the plan. Desi joins them and Cole makes his pitch to her and she notes that Joe complains a lot and Desi is ok with the plan.

Jessica says she’s irritated that Cole ran off at the mouth and he lost a lot of power with her. The last thing they want is Joe to find out that they know because they could play the idol and then any of their heads could be on the chopping block. So maybe blind siding Joe is not the best strategy at this point.

It’s time for the Immunity Challenge. Once again, immunity is back up for grabs. For today’s challenge, you’re going to race through a series of obstacles. You’ll then use sandbags to knock blocks off a ledge. You must then stack those blocks one on top of the other. First two tribes to finish win immunity and are safe from the vote. In addition, we’re playing for reward. The first tribe to finish gets a crate of chickens (4 of them, 1 rooster and 3 hens). The second tribe to finish gets a basket of a dozen eggs courtesy of the first place chickens. Healers are sitting out Mike.

Survivors are all off maneuvering through their obstacles. All tribes are very close at the first check point and they start to maneuver the second obstacle. Heroes are up and over quickly and Ben starts throwing. Roark is the last Healer over and Devon is the last Hustler over. Cole is throwing for the Healer’s and Patrick is throwing for the Hustlers. JP takes over for Ben. Joe switches in for the Healers and Patrick is not switching out. Healers are the first tribe to get all their blocks off and they start collecting blocks. Heroes get their last block off and start collecting. Hustlers still have one left.

Patrick is still throwing and his tribe is asking to switch. Heroes and Healers are all stacking. Patrick finally connects with his last piece and the Hustlers are collecting their blocks. They are climbing on each other to reach the top of the block tower. Joe tells the Healers something is not right, they are missing a block. The block is still on the mat so they have to grab it. Heroes got it and get back to their mat and they win immunity and reward. Jessica back up for the Healers and Hustlers are struggling to get Ryan up to stack. Healers win immunity and reward and the Hustlers are going to tribal council again.

Joe asks Patrick what the feeling is 8 days in and they are going back to tribal with only 5 people. Patrick says it’s depressing knowing they are going back. Lauren says but we’re going and we have to do it. Lauren says Patrick didn’t want to stop and it was like a one-man show. Lauren has played centerfield for 25 years and she thinks everyone is over Patrick and how he cost them today.

Back at the Hustler’s camp Patrick apologizes for not throwing fast enough. Patrick tells us he should have let someone sub in for him and he knows Lauren isn’t happy with him. He doesn’t think she’ll be able to change much. He apologizes again to the tribe and they all say he tried his hardest. Lauren goes down to rinse off and Patrick asks the tribe and Devon says Lauren wants Patrick but everyone else is going to vote her out. Patrick tells us everyone has his back but he doesn’t want her going around worrying. He goes to talk to her and help her enjoy herself here. He approaches her while she’s washing up and he says he feels terrible for not knocking those blocks down. Lauren says she kept offering to switch it. Lauren says she’s bummed out about losing today and she’d rather lose as a team than one person losing for everyone.

Lauren says she knows Patrick is going to write her name down but she’s not going to sit around and do nothing. Lauren talks to Ali and they discuss the challenge. Ali says he’s a competitive person and he’s supposed to be strong in challenges, but they didn’t win and she doesn’t know if it’s an advantage to keep him around. Lauren then talks to Ryan about Patrick and Ryan goes to Devon and Devon says what matters is everyone is coming to them. Ryan says he and Devon are in a position where they dictate the vote and it’s a big decision for them. Ryan says they can get rid of Lauren tonight and just do the boys to the merge and Devon says he’d rather go to the merge with Lauren than Patrick. Devon says if they keep Lauren around they are more likely to lose the next challenge. Lauren feels like she’s done everything she can do but she’s a hustler for a reason. If it is her going home, she won’t go home without a fight.

Jeff asks Lauren at what point do you stop talking about how well you get along and start owning the fact it just isn’t working right now? Lauren says today, that challenge should have been a win for them, but one of them took it and tried to win it by themselves. Jeff says Patrick, she could only be talking about you and Lauren says she is. Patrick says he can see where she is concerned with him not winning that and there’s a point where it could be his fault. Lauren says she agrees, he shouldn’t have taken the whole time himself. Patrick says it’s an adrenaline rush. Lauren says we either lose together or win together and today we didn’t lose together.

Jeff asks Ali what her take was on the challenge. Ali says Patrick did make an executive decision, but she doesn’t know if that has to do with anything. Even if they had switched out, who knows if it would have taken even longer. Patrick asks if that gives him some comfort and he says yes, he tried his best that he won’t be held totally accountable. Lauren says Patrick just doesn’t play as a team like today, and he is constantly looking for an idol. Lauren says she hasn’t looked for the idol yet, but maybe they should all be looking for them.

Lauren says tonight, one of them is going to be blindsided and Patrick says someone will be blindsided for sure. Jeff says Ryan, it’s kind of like you’re in a relationship and Ryan interrupts and says he’s never been in a relationship. You know somebody? Jeff says he was going to say it’s kind of like if you’re in a relationship and you go to therapy and the therapist says let’s talk and get things moving. Ryan says he does feel that way because every member of the group is thinking it’s a happy group and they aren’t a happy group and they aren’t a successful group either. Jeff says Devon, is it possible part of the problem of the group is just chemistry and he says yeah, that’s where his vote is kind of going tonight. Lauren says that’s where her vote is going to. Ryan says whenever the merge comes we have to be able to best discern which groups we can best fit into because we have nothing to offer at this point. Patrick says he thinks that’s something he can offer because he can comfort people. Jeff says Ali, that sounds like an honest statement and Ali says that’s what he thinks. But we’ve been here for eight days and he hasn’t been able to get along with Lauren. Patrick says he is taking criticism so he can learn from it and grow for the experience.

Jeff says to Ryan is it too big of a stretch to say that moments like that between Lauren, Ali, and Patrick can flip a tribe? Ryan says tribal council has so much momentum and you can gain so much because you can come together as a group and say this is the moment we’re going to shine up this crappy little tricycle and try and sell it to the other tribes that have had success. Now they aren’t saying they are going to be used as pawns but they also understand they aren’t coming in as CEO’s, they might be mopping the floor at first, but they aren’t giving up. They are the only tribe who is going to have real unity and that’s something unique about them that the others won’t have.

Time to vote! Jeff is going to tally the votes. If anyone has a hidden immunity idol and wants to play it, now would be the time to do so. Once the votes are read, the decision is final. Jeff reads the votes. First vote, Patrick. Lauren. Patrick. Third person voted out of Survivor, Patrick. Patrick just sits there and looks at the others for a minute. He says they are awful. Jeff snuffs the torch and Patrick gives them another last look before leaving. Jeff says well tribal is an end for somebody, but it also appears to be a rebirth for the rest of the tribe.

Next time on Survivor…just when you think you’re on top, the game flips upside down! They drop their buffs and they are switching tribes!

IMO, smart move for the hustler tribe voting out Patrick. Kudos to Lauren for speaking smartly at TC. Loved it, wished it happened more often. Loved Ryan's comments at TC too. Gave me a laugh. I am looking forward to next week and the swap.