Under-dogs

Jcrow

I like watching the under-dogs work their way up and topple the top-dogs. Especially when the top-dogs get arrogant and start thinking their S*** don't stink. Not in all cases mind you, but most. That's the most fun to watch in my opinion. Even if its one of my favs getting toppled. Its a funny cycle when it happens (which is too rare). Top-dog gets stupid via arrogance or power madness, under-dog topples him/her. Under-dog then becomes top-dog, gets arrogant, gets toppled by new under-dog. This unfortunately hasn't happened this season because Paul has played everyone to a T. Judging by what I saw on the latest episode, we might see it happen finally. It probably won't be an under-dog who does the toppling in this case, but Top-dog Paul might go down at least and have to scrabble.

Kevin is not the under dog. He whines like he is but as with everything else in this game he has been set up to either facilitate a win for Paul or win the game himself. He is annoying as all out and that's been from day one. And he is a lot older than 56 so it would be something out of the ordinary to have a winner if his age. Grodner is branching out on her ratings tree.

I've always thought Kevin looks older than 56 too. I think that is his stay-at-home dad cover...he's retired! Wonder what he did for a living? Also I noticed one time when Jason said it must be expensive to have so many kids still living at home he dodged the question and quickly changed the subject. What do y'all think? 

1 hour ago, WOC said:

How old is Kevin? I seriously doubt he's "a lot older then 56."

He's 56.  He's a sun worshipper, so his skin has taken a beating.

2 hours ago, River said:

I've always thought Kevin looks older than 56 too. I think that is his stay-at-home dad cover...he's retired! Wonder what he did for a living? Also I noticed one time when Jason said it must be expensive to have so many kids still living at home he dodged the question and quickly changed the subject. What do y'all think? 

His wife is the money-earner, and maybe they have other investments.  His life, and that of his father, were public before he went on the show.  I don't think he's lying about anything.  

1 hour ago, WOC said:

I think he's in good shape for his age. Hope I can be when I get his age, minus the sun stuff.

No, not in good shape for 56.  He has no energy and skin is bad.  He could easily be judged to be 75.  After the competition this past week, he changed clothes back to his 3-piece suit.  What is it with that?  If he is truly a "Stay at Home Dad", he is not going to be in a 3-piece suit all of the time.

56 is not all that "old" looking as some people think and hope to look like when they get there. It's his mannerisms, the way he moves and clearly his long term memory is better than short term. He also makes a lot of references regarding pre 1960s stuff. He can grow that ridiculous hair that he constantly plays with down to his ass,  but will still look closer to 70 than 60 IMO.

Lmao! Seriously folks? Kevin isn't all fat and out of shape. He isn't in bad shape at all for his age. And OMG! He likes to wear suits! The travesty of it all. I guess when he had to pack for the show he should have brought a bunch of old t-shirts and all. Or better yet, one t-shirt with no sleeves that he could wear day after day like Matt or perhaps a Whistlenut & Ole jersey that he could wear constantly hoping to advertise a business. The only thing that surprises me about his attire is his choice of wearing that stupid bandanna that looks like he stole his grandmother's curtains for. The bandanna and his stupid haircut needs to go, aside from that kudos for dressing with a little class which is something the younger HGs should take note of.

1 hour ago, WOC said:

Lmao! Seriously folks? Kevin isn't all fat and out of shape. He isn't in bad shape at all for his age. And OMG! He likes to wear suits! The travesty of it all. I guess when he had to pack for the show he should have brought a bunch of old t-shirts and all. Or better yet, one t-shirt with no sleeves that he could wear day after day like Matt or perhaps a Whistlenut & Ole jersey that he could wear constantly hoping to advertise a business. The only thing that surprises me about his attire is his choice of wearing that stupid bandanna that looks like he stole his grandmother's curtains for. The bandanna and his stupid haircut needs to go, aside from that kudos for dressing with a little class which is something the younger HGs should take note of.

ITA

1 hour ago, WOC said:

Apparently, he should have packed all wife-beaters, shorts that come up to his chest and a pair of suspenders. Personally, I like that he took the time to put on a three piece suit. Showed a little class. It sure beats the guys who dress like they are going to the beach 24/7 and the girls who spend hours prepping for the show and then wear tops that show so much cleavage, there's barely anything left to the imagination and dresses/skirts that barely cover their privates. 

10 minutes ago, joystiick said:

Apparently, he should have packed all wife-beaters, shorts that come up to his chest and a pair of suspenders. Personally, I like that he took the time to put on a three piece suit. Showed a little class. It sure beats the guys who dress like they are going to the beach 24/7 and the girls who spend hours prepping for the show and then wear tops that show so much cleavage, there's barely anything left to the imagination and dresses/skirts that barely cover their privates. 

Exactly! I guess wearing Dr. Seuss socks, shorts, wife-beater, inflatable, and headband is the new GQ.

1 hour ago, WOC said:

His age is what we are talking about.  No way is he 56.  He is on Medicare for sure, 65 for those of you numerically challenged.  I don't call seeing him in athletic competitions.  Does he run, jump well?  How did he perform in the POV with all of the balls that Josh won? 

4 hours ago, WOC said:

I think he's in good shape for his age. Hope I can be when I get his age, minus the sun stuff.

Kevin looks like he took youth for granted and just let life happen to him.  If you have a healthy diet, drink plenty of water, get adequate exercise, take care of your skin, and try to have a positive outlook on life, you're going to stand a much better chance of looking great when you're Kevin's age.  Kevin looks sad.  His Saran Wrap technique for avoiding exercise that will tone his waistline is indicative of just how lazy he is when it comes to doing the things necessary to take good care of his body.

Kevin doesn't look good for his age, IMO.  I, on the other hand, do.  ;)

4 minutes ago, Lamasquerade said:

Lmao Seriously folks, that's how young people dress!  Pimp daddy suits are not for everyone. 

And that's why young people look stupid. When I look back at how I dressed in the 80's I'm embarrassed. Don't worry, you'll know that feeling one day too.

1 minute ago, WOC said:

And that's why young people look stupid. When I look back at how I dressed in the 80's I'm embarrassed. Don't worry, you'll know that feeling one day too.

Actually I was a teenager in the 80's, I didn't do much better in the 90's either! LOL!

2 hours ago, Lamasquerade said:

56 is not all that "old" looking as some people think and hope to look like when they get there. It's his mannerisms, the way he moves and clearly his long term memory is better than short term. He also makes a lot of references regarding pre 1960s stuff. He can grow that ridiculous hair that he constantly plays with down to his ass,  but will still look closer to 70 than 60 IMO.

Agree.  His mannerisms, and the expression he usually wears, age him more than anything else.  

1 minute ago, Roli said:

Agree.  His mannerisms, and the expression he usually wear, age him more than anything else.  

This I agree with, but I still don't think he looks bad for his age compared to some people I know. And he's not 65! :lol:

Good gracious! How did I get involved in this dumb ass discussion? 

1 minute ago, WOC said:

This I agree with, but I still don't think he looks bad for his age compared to some people I know. And he's not 65! :lol: 

"...compared to some people"

Yeah, compared to some people he looks good, but we've become a society of mostly lazy people who take their health and vitality for granted when they're young.  The human body is an amazing thing and is able to overcome a lot of abuse, but at some point that abuse will catch up with you.  

13 minutes ago, Roli said:

"...compared to some people"

Yeah, compared to some people he looks good, but we've become a society of mostly lazy people who take their health and vitality for granted when they're young.  The human body is an amazing thing and is able to overcome a lot of abuse, but at some point that abuse will catch up with you.  

I think I'm in pretty good shape for being in my mid forties. But my metabolism is defiantly slowing and it takes so much more work. I'm just saying, aside from his skin which does look like a little to much sun, Kevin isn't in bad shape. That's all. 

44 minutes ago, WOC said:

I'm just saying, aside from his skin which does look like a little to much sun, Kevin isn't in bad shape. That's all. 

ITA.  He's a nice looking former Mr. Massachusetts man, perhaps a little more British looking than American, which might be why he is seen as odd by some.

I think for 55 - 56, Kevin has held up pretty well, given that he has a lot of kids.  Having that many kids in and of itself can cause people to appear more "aged" or

"seasoned."  I don't have kids but if I had even one I'd look stressed and ragged in a very short amount of time.

4 hours ago, BigMcK said:

His age is what we are talking about.  No way is he 56.  He is on Medicare for sure, 65 for those of you numerically challenged.  I don't call seeing him in athletic competitions.  Does he run, jump well?  How did he perform in the POV with all of the balls that Josh won? 

I'm not numerically challenged and I think he is already on the full payment plan for 67 year olds. 

3 hours ago, WOC said:

I think I'm in pretty good shape for being in my mid forties. But my metabolism is defiantly slowing and it takes so much more work. I'm just saying, aside from his skin which does look like a little to much sun, Kevin isn't in bad shape. That's all. 

He moves like an older person not in the best of shape moves.  Oh and he is a legend in his own mind. Might as well wear the wife beater since he glorifies the mobsters with all his talk. I feel everyone left in the house should get extra stipend just for having to hear him go on and on with nonsense talk.