Who should get AFP?

7 hours ago, NYROSE said:

The only way to get across how we feel about what has been this season...is vote Cameron for AFP

I see your point, but I didn't see enough of him to form an opinion about him. Can't call someone a favorite if I didn't see how they act in the house and how they play the game. 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Lamasquerade said:

I see your point, but I didn't see enough of him to form an opinion about him. Can't call someone a favorite if I didn't see how they act in the house and how they play the game. 

But you can't hate them either so it would work for me

On 8/29/2017 at 5:51 AM, Lamasquerade said:

The only thing these people represent are competitors attempting to win grand prize. Some need someone else to get through, some pull out the "ugly" and some treat it like a paid vacation.

Lamasquerade, they also represent the types of people who are willing to live their lives on TV, so therefore they aren't exactly typical of people I know well.   I wonder what percentage of people would take the opportunity to do a reality TV show?  Honestly, a total lack of class are shared by some of the house guests, and yes, of course it is class as I define it, but I have to wonder things like 1) who would want to be in a intimate relationship with Paul after watching him lie so consistently and easily to everyone, 2) will the behavior of Alex hurt her in her job when she goes back, (that might be my standards from days gone by showing, but if I were her boss, it would hurt her standing), 3) Josh, well, once again, I doubt I would have hired him in the first place due to immaturity, he just has so much growing up to do.    But they do represent their ages, and their backgrounds, and their sexes, and on and on.  If this were only a one-time hour-long show, your point would have more validity.  I grew up somewhat shielded from a lot of different types, and I still learn a lot watching reality shows. I still get surprised, and stunned, and I still learn things all the time watching these shows.  That, I guess, is what I love about reality shows.  I thank God I had such good parents, they weren't perfect, but they set standards high for us, so that we would turn out "good".  Are we perfect? Of course not, but the crap I see Paul, Josh, Alex, and some others do, would seriously not be worth winning 500K. And I can say that in total honesty.  If you are gonna sell your soul, it better be worth it.....  but there you go...   high standards,  low standards.  One obvious thing this season,  no intellectuals, all the conversations prove that.  Maybe that is why Paul and Alex are doing so well.

I really don't care much for any of the ones who are left.  If I do vote it'll be for either Cameron (to make my feelings about this cast known) or Cody (at least he tried to play the game).

Actually, I'd like to see CBS/BB scrap the AFP this season and donate the $25K to the hurricane relief fund.

3 hours ago, omahaguy said:

I really don't care much for any of the ones who are left.  If I do vote it'll be for either Cameron (to make my feelings about this cast known) or Cody (at least he tried to play the game).

Actually, I'd like to see CBS/BB scrap the AFP this season and donate the $25K to the hurricane relief fund.

Or they could match it and send 25k.

2 minutes ago, Bandit4267 said:

I personally would love it if no one voted.  Maybe that would let CBS that they dropped the ball casting this season

I haven't watched that many seasons of BB. maybe 4?  This is the first time I haven't been strongly rooting for someone. My favorite is Jason, and then .... well,  no one  is a close 2nd.  I do think Jason is the nicest person left, and that is generally how I choose my favorite. I really can't tolerate Paul, he is too smug about causing problems and seems oblivious to the fact that it really hurts people.  I honestly think Jason didn't remember telling Raven he would try to get one of them off, and in the heat of the play, (you have to take into consideration that he doesn't sit around plotting lies and deceit like Paul), I believe he was being  honest IN HIS MEMORY OF THINGS when he said he didn't say that.  Also it amazes me over and over every year, in every reality show, how people are so cool when someone else is getting voted off and they are saying, "why get so upset, it is just the game" and then when their times comes, the ### hits the fan. It happens over and over. No empathy for others.  I know a 4-year old who shows more understanding and empathy than do most of these people. I am serious.  I thought Matt was a jerk tonight, and very dishonest.  He didn't give a **** about Jason not facing Raven, he was mad that his time was up, and that was just his BS excuse for stomping around.  Grow up Matt  and say, I am really mad my time here is up.  We get it, it is human to be sad and mad when your part of the game is ending.   Watching Matt act like he did showed me how he could stand Raven, he is on that level of maturity.  That's OK, I just "get" him now.  He is one of those people who come across better staying silent for the most part.  Laughing here..   some of you women know what I mean.   I figured there was something a bit 'off' with him, and he showed it loud and clear tonight.  Matt and Raven both played with their head in the sand and with denial as their m.o.  It was a lot easier that way to go on their merry way and jump ship when it pleased them with no guilt. Just my take...   By the way, I would do horribly at this game, because I like a lot of quiet and alone time, so I don't know how people do BB, but then I am an introvert.  

On 8/28/2017 at 7:48 PM, joystiick said:

It is called AFP. It is not America's Best Player or Most Valuable Player or Greatest Player or Clutch Player or Best Competitor or Most Honest Player or anything else of substance. It is Favorite player. Doesn't require any good game play or the ability to work out of jams or longest lasting player or most strategic or anything like that. It is who the public liked the best. People should not get butt-hurt because more people liked other players better than they liked their favorite...right? 

I see your point and I agree. However, I read a post that said "I would vote for Cody just to piss the other HGs off". Not, to my understanding, that Cody was his favorite and thus deserving in his or her eyes to win AFP, but because he or she just wanted to cheese off someone else. This is what I was referring to. Maybe Cody is his or her favorite but it didn't come across like that.

2 hours ago, Jcrow said:

I see your point and I agree. However, I read a post that said "I would vote for Cody just to piss the other HGs off". Not, to my understanding, that Cody was his favorite and thus deserving in his or her eyes to win AFP, but because he or she just wanted to cheese off someone else. This is what I was referring to. Maybe Cody is his or her favorite but it didn't come across like that.

My point was that it doesn't matter how a person arrives at their favorite, whether they see the person as the most honest, the prettiest, the most likable or the one who they hated the least, it is their choice. Your post seemed to imply that because people were butthurt they would not vote for the most "deserving" person. But, there are no criteria for establishing the most "deserving" and you seem to be mad because people would not vote for the person you thought "deserved" the AFP. Although Cody was only in the house for 4 or 5 weeks of playing time, there are a lot of people who liked him. Generally, that amount would not get a player AFP, but, when the other players are so disliked, it may happen this year. Each fan has their own vote and their own criteria.  

1 minute ago, joystiick said:

My point was that it doesn't matter how a person arrives at their favorite, whether they see the person as the most honest, the prettiest, the most likable or the one who they hated the least, it is their choice. Your post seemed to imply that because people were butthurt they would not vote for the most "deserving" person. But, there are no criteria for establishing the most "deserving" and you seem to be mad because people would not vote for the person you thought "deserved" the AFP. Although Cody was only in the house for 4 or 5 weeks of playing time, there are a lot of people who liked him. Generally, that amount would not get a player AFP, but, when the other players are so disliked, it may happen this year. Each fan has their own vote and their own criteria.  

Going by the title of the award 'America's Favorite Player' I'm saying that the people that post comments like this "I'd vote for Cody JUST to piss off the other HGs" are voting for someone who is NOT their Favorite because they got butthurt for whatever reason watching the show. Its these people who would not vote for their ACTUAL favorite that make me dislike the America's Vote. In your first sentence above you say it doesn't matter how they arrive at their favorite, I'm saying they aren't voting for their favorite no matter how they arrived at it because they want to cheese off the other HGs by voting for someone else.  

20 minutes ago, Jcrow said:

Going by the title of the award 'America's Favorite Player' I'm saying that the people that post comments like this "I'd vote for Cody JUST to piss off the other HGs" are voting for someone who is NOT their Favorite because they got butthurt for whatever reason watching the show. Its these people who would not vote for their ACTUAL favorite that make me dislike the America's Vote. In your first sentence above you say it doesn't matter how they arrive at their favorite, I'm saying they aren't voting for their favorite no matter how they arrived at it because they want to cheese off the other HGs by voting for someone else.  

Well, I guess if you want to be technical, in that situation the person would be voting for his least disliked player, which would mean that is their favorite of what is available. 

On 8/30/2017 at 10:26 PM, WhatADay said:

Lamasquerade, they also represent the types of people who are willing to live their lives on TV, so therefore they aren't exactly typical of people I know well.   I wonder what percentage of people would take the opportunity to do a reality TV show?  Honestly, a total lack of class are shared by some of the house guests, and yes, of course it is class as I define it, but I have to wonder things like 1) who would want to be in a intimate relationship with Paul after watching him lie so consistently and easily to everyone, 2) will the behavior of Alex hurt her in her job when she goes back, (that might be my standards from days gone by showing, but if I were her boss, it would hurt her standing), 3) Josh, well, once again, I doubt I would have hired him in the first place due to immaturity, he just has so much growing up to do.    But they do represent their ages, and their backgrounds, and their sexes, and on and on.  If this were only a one-time hour-long show, your point would have more validity.  I grew up somewhat shielded from a lot of different types, and I still learn a lot watching reality shows. I still get surprised, and stunned, and I still learn things all the time watching these shows.  That, I guess, is what I love about reality shows.  I thank God I had such good parents, they weren't perfect, but they set standards high for us, so that we would turn out "good".  Are we perfect? Of course not, but the crap I see Paul, Josh, Alex, and some others do, would seriously not be worth winning 500K. And I can say that in total honesty.  If you are gonna sell your soul, it better be worth it.....  but there you go...   high standards,  low standards.  One obvious thing this season,  no intellectuals, all the conversations prove that.  Maybe that is why Paul and Alex are doing so well.

Even though its called a reality show, its far from it. There are scripted scenes. The HGs do things they believe will make them popular thus increasing their chances of staying. They maybe doing things they wouldn't normally do to advance. I agree with the points you made in your post to an extent, but much of what you said was not shown on the regular show. Not that I remembered seeing anyway. I don't watch anything other than the regular show. So maybe the live feed shows more of the offensive crap the HGs do. I would hope Paul doesn't lie like this in real life. I'd be lying my butt off if it would get me to that cash. There is no BB rule that says you can't lie so have at it. No rule about backstabbing either. As far as I'm concerned these are integral parts of the game. I haven't seen anything that would hurt Alex's position if I were here boss. As for Josh, I agree completely, he just needs to do a lot of growing up. But we all have our different perspectives. Since its a game with few if any rules about what you can say I'd be swearing on my mothers grave that what I say is true, while shes at home watching the show with the rest of my family and friends. I'd get her permission first though ;)

9 minutes ago, Jann said:

Jason - I think he has some integrity and a good outlook on life.

There is NO WAY Jason will get AFP after the over-the-line rape jokes he made.  In fact, I think if somehow Jason did win AFP, BB would lie and give it to someone else...no way CBS wants to take even more flack over Jason's remarks than they already have!