Why is Mark not liked?

The house is generally working off of a mob mentality this season so that whoever is the target or "marked" as an outcast must remain in the outcast state.  And if anyone dares speak to that person or associate with that person in any way, the group will call that person out and put the next target on THEIR back. 

It all has to do with Marks association with Cody from day one. Then he got in a showmance with Elena who also became a threat because she was playing both sides and was not trustworthy.  The Mob mentality started scrutinizing everything Mark said or did and they watched him like a hawk on the SpyCam in HOH. Since he wasn't well liked, the talking would stop when he came in the room. He became suspicious and he put two and two together and started winning comps. This now makes him a bigger threat. They have trumped up the evidence against him, (IE: him eating all the food in the house because he is a big guy, him winning comps to mess up their eviction plans, his complaining about being a HN for three weeks, and now him taking things, like pillows for the HN beds, without asking.) This last week was hard on him because he lost both of his alliance members (Cody and Elena). I like the Mob, but I think Mark would be a good bet on the HOH comp today. This would certainly shake up the house, but isn't that why we all watch this show and the feeds?

2 hours ago, Midnightgranny said:

It all has to do with Marks association with Cody from day one. Then he got in a showmance with Elena who also became a threat because she was playing both sides and was not trustworthy.  The Mob mentality started scrutinizing everything Mark said or did and they watched him like a hawk on the SpyCam in HOH. Since he wasn't well liked, the talking would stop when he came in the room. He became suspicious and he put two and two together and started winning comps. This now makes him a bigger threat. They have trumped up the evidence against him, (IE: him eating all the food in the house because he is a big guy, him winning comps to mess up their eviction plans, his complaining about being a HN for three weeks, and now him taking things, like pillows for the HN beds, without asking.) This last week was hard on him because he lost both of his alliance members (Cody and Elena). I like the Mob, but I think Mark would be a good bet on the HOH comp today. This would certainly shake up the house, but isn't that why we all watch this show and the feeds?

I hope Mark does win HOH. That mob is a bunch of asshats. But the joke's on them because they'll all have their day. Hindsight is 20/20. Big brother isn't group win, it's an individual win and the sooner they all get that to their dumb heads... Ah, it's too late. I just hope somebody blindsides Paul.

This is too much like the Evil Dick show where the contestants were not contestants but sheep afraid of having him bang pots...If I'd have been there...he'd have had some pots waking him up when he slept, and I'd have found a way to scoop up his spit and put it in his bed disgusting critter that he was.

5 hours ago, carmen said:

The house is generally working off of a mob mentality this season so that whoever is the target or "marked" as an outcast must remain in the outcast state.  And if anyone dares speak to that person or associate with that person in any way, the group will call that person out and put the next target on THEIR back. 

Right, and this bunch has too many lame, low-intelligence participants, with only a few exceptions.  They follow the flow, and aren't much for thinking. :)  Sorry, that is harsh, but wow, I have never seen so much blind following when they shouldn't.  It just is stunning.  I think Mark is one of the nicest people there.  He was too nice for Elena, she was rather rude to him a lot, at least that is how I saw it...  and all I can chalk it up to, is that being in the BB house had him TRAPPED?  LOL, I don't know....

44 minutes ago, Carlanash said:

Thank you all for your responses

I thought he seemed like a nice guy and was wanting to know if I had missed something 

they missed perfect opportunity to get Paul out last night

hope mark gets HOH

Maybe... But I'd be willing to bet their $500K that if Alex had sat Paul next to Elena and Matt they STILL would not have voted him out.  They're missing several brain cells it seems, especially the ones sending signals to the backbone.

3 minutes ago, HeleneL said:

Maybe... But I'd be willing to bet their $500K that if Alex had sat Paul next to Elena and Matt they STILL would not have voted him out.  They're missing several brain cells it seems, especially the ones sending signals to the backbone.

I think you're right about this.

12 minutes ago, HeleneL said:

The problem with getting Paul out now is that not only does someone have to get the backbone to put him on the block, they have to trust that the other minions will vote him out. That is why I do not think he will be voted out. There is no opposing alliance to put the votes together. 

Just now, joystiick said:

The problem with getting Paul out now is that not only does someone have to get the backbone to put him on the block, they have to trust that the other minions will vote him out. That is why I do not think he will be voted out. There is no opposing alliance to put the votes together. 

You are spot on. They will all be afraid to approach anyone with the  concept of getting Paul out for fear that they will run to Paul and his other minions and tell them. It was shown what happens to the person who even suggests that Paul should be evicted tonight when Jason stabbed Mark in the back and they all jumped on him.

3 minutes ago, straykat said:

You are spot on. They will all be afraid to approach anyone with the  concept of getting Paul out for fear that they will run to Paul and his other minions and tell them. It was shown what happens to the person who even suggests that Paul should be evicted tonight when Jason stabbed Mark in the back and they all jumped on him.

This is exactly right. That convo may start with Maven or Jason and Alex (is there a nickname for them? Jalex or Alson or something?) but I don't see any of the others starting it out of fear. I hope I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, straykat said:

My thoughts exactly.  On the other hand  at one time I would have thought Alex might have been a bit more receptive and discrete about it and asked Jason to keep it to himself but the last eviction has shown how she likes to "wash" her hands.  I think Mark might be up "S" creek without a paddle unless he wins HOH and gets some sheep on board.

Mark or Elena said it best the other day (don't remember which one it was) when they said they are the new Jody. Now Mark is alone and the new Cody. If everything goes according to Paul's plan Mark is next, then Matt. I noticed this a few weeks ago, and I'm sure others did too. Paul starts planting doubt way ahead of time. He is a genius at this and has a house full of people buying into it. Long before they got rid of Jody, Paul began working the Marlena must go angle. Then he started on the Maven must go angle. Specifically Matt. Of course now he's working on Kevin. If you notice the order now... Mark, Matt, Kevin. I'd bet Alex/Jason will become a target soon. He knows he must get rid of these people to win. Jason already told Paul he would be honored to lose to him! Josh, Xmas, or Raven would be perfect for Paul to take to a final two. Even though Paul really thinks he is unbeatable in comps (Cody proved him wrong more then once) he is setting it up to face Josh, Raven, and Xmas when it comes down to final four. Josh would probably take Paul to final two if he won. Xmas will lose because she can't compete. Raven, well she's no comp beast either. He could hands down beat any of them in final two, and rightfully so.

Sorry for my rambling!  

9 minutes ago, WOC said:

Mark or Elena said it best the other day (don't remember which one it was) when they said they are the new Jody. Now Mark is alone and the new Cody. If everything goes according to Paul's plan Mark is next, then Matt. I noticed this a few weeks ago, and I'm sure others did too. Paul starts planting doubt way ahead of time. He is a genius at this and has a house full of people buying into it. Long before they got rid of Jody, Paul began working the Marlena must go angle. Then he started on the Maven must go angle. Specifically Matt. Of course now he's working on Kevin. If you notice the order now... Mark, Matt, Kevin. I'd bet Alex/Jason will become a target soon. He knows he must get rid of these people to win. Jason already told Paul he would be honored to lose to him! Josh, Xmas, or Raven would be perfect for Paul to take to a final two. Even though Paul really thinks he is unbeatable in comps (Cody proved him wrong more then once) he is setting it up to face Josh, Raven, and Xmas when it comes down to final four. Josh would probably take Paul to final two if he won. Xmas will lose because she can't compete. Raven, well she's no comp beast either. He could hands down beat any of them in final two, and rightfully so.

Sorry for my rambling!  

Spot on.  See that coming a mile away.  Oh and Jason deserves to go first just for saying he'd be honored to lose to Paul.  GAG GAG GAG 

22 hours ago, WOC said:

Mark is my new favorite. He seems genuinely nice. It's just too bad he didn't put one and one together about his standing in the house until it was too late.

I think he did and that was why he was trying to be OK with Cody, but he did not get that Jody was not capable of opening from its sexual embrace and he still does not see that his relation with Elena was not what hurt her, but him. He definitely sees that there is nothing he can do that will convince anyone now given Paul's attack and the house agreement that he is not to be trusted..that is so silly since all are not to be trusted by the nature of the game and by the manipulation of Paul and by their allegiance to Paul and the idea that Paul has created.

24 minutes ago, NYROSE said:

I think he did and that was why he was trying to be OK with Cody, but he did not get that Jody was not capable of opening from its sexual embrace and he still does not see that his relation with Elena was not what hurt her, but him. He definitely sees that there is nothing he can do that will convince anyone now given Paul's attack and the house agreement that he is not to be trusted..that is so silly since all are not to be trusted by the nature of the game and by the manipulation of Paul and by their allegiance to Paul and the idea that Paul has created.

True

On 8/18/2017 at 11:50 AM, carmen said:

Herd of sheep. All they need to do to complete their cult is pass the plate on Sunday and lynch someone.