Returning Players

3 hours ago, WOC said:

I read this elsewhere and thought it was an interesting idea, not that it would ever come to fruition. Why not a season where all of the Hgs are the players who were voted out first in their season. I like it.

they did a season similar to that. It wasn't all the first persons voted out but it was a bunch of players that were voted out early. I can't remember which season or what players, but I do remember them doing that. 

9 minutes ago, joystiick said:

they did a season similar to that. It wasn't all the first persons voted out but it was a bunch of players that were voted out early. I can't remember which season or what players, but I do remember them doing that. 

I didn't know. Thanks.

4 hours ago, WOC said:

I read this elsewhere and thought it was an interesting idea, not that it would ever come to fruition. Why not a season where all of the Hgs are the players who were voted out first in their season. I like it.

yes YES

On 8/19/2017 at 0:51 PM, WOC said:

I thought of this as well. I would like to see something like this.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:51 PM, WOC said:

I've watched every season. Most of the first out's had zero personalities.

On 8/19/2017 at 1:51 PM, WOC said:

To put a cast of first outs together they’d have to go back 15 years. I’d think that many of those first outs have gone on to finish or further their educations and are established in careers. Most are probably married and raising families. It’d be difficult to find many of them willing to, or in a position to,  put their lives on hold again for three months.

On 8/11/2017 at 1:24 PM, Hanna said:

I would prefer a season of all returning players. I find it hard for myself to give the new players a chance when some of my favorites come back.

At least the game MIGHT be interesting.  As it is, I don't find the Paul/Christmas/Alex Show interesting.  Just makes me so mad to see how production is making it SO obvious that they want Paul to win the big money.  I still watch and read the LF updates but I have decided not to buy what the sponsors are selling.

8 hours ago, Newby said:

At least the game MIGHT be interesting.  As it is, I don't find the Paul/Christmas/Alex Show interesting.  Just makes me so mad to see how production is making it SO obvious that they want Paul to win the big money.  I still watch and read the LF updates but I have decided not to buy what the sponsors are selling

I agree. I find Paul, Christmas and Alex all cringe worthy. I thought I was going to like Christmas and Alex and I can't even stand to watch them when they are on. And if you read about the live feeds you must have noticed that they all think they are fan favorites. Delusional little bunch.

On 8/22/2017 at 0:33 PM, Canopus said:

Yeah, at the beginning, I thought Christmas would be the best player, and was definitely routing for her. But after a few weeks, she because just another one of Paul's mindless zombies, and just another one of his bullies. Can't stand her now.

Production allowed her to stay despite being unable to compete...so they probably made a deal with her to work with Paul...I'm not being serious, but given that she ought not have been ablet o continue...it fits our feelings of how they act.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2017 at 3:06 PM, Hanna said:

And I really wish they would stop recruiting players. I am sure they have a ton of applicants.

Producers what interesting players and interesting shows.  That is why the get who they want on the shows and have a hand in molding the outcome.  It may not be fair but it makes for better shows.

I don't mind returning players, I don't like returning HGs. You get voted out during a season stay out, but the producers and many viewers like the drama that comes with either of these situations.

IMO, CBS gave Paul a chance to stay to make for a more interesting season. After 3 weeks were up Paul should have started coming under fire but he played these HGs so well they aren't even looking at him as a threat. Paul is in the game because of the idiot HGs, not the producers.

On 8/23/2017 at 9:52 PM, NYROSE said:

Production allowed her to stay despite being unable to compete...so they probably made a deal with her to work with Paul...I'm not being serious, but given that she ought not have been ablet o continue...it fits our feelings of how they act.

You actually could be on to something. Could have been:

Look, you got a raw deal. You need surgery. Hang in there, align with a "strong player" (hint: Paul), make it as far as you can. Then we'll pay for surgery and have you back next summer.

Would explain her fraud and playing a different game from the one she told us she was going to play.

It's definitely an unfair advantage for the vets. They have already progressed on the game's learning curve. They know the competitions. And they are revered by the newbies as "celebrities". Also, makes it easier for CBS to market, because the public knows the vets, so we already are vested.

This particular season was sooooo stacked for Paul to win. I have to think they intentionally vetted the cast with Paul's victory in mind.

16 minutes ago, Tiger87 said:

It's definitely an unfair advantage for the vets. They have already progressed on the game's learning curve. They know the competitions. And they are revered by the newbies as "celebrities". Also, makes it easier for CBS to market, because the public knows the vets, so we already are vested.

This particular season was sooooo stacked for Paul to win. I have to think they intentionally vetted the cast with Paul's victory in mind.

I can blame CBS for rigging the 3 week safety vote and a few other things, but, I can no longer blame CBS for the actions of this cast. There is no way CBS could have known the level of stupid that these people would rise to. I am sure they probably could point to this person being dumb and that person being stupid. But, they could not know what would happen when you put them all together. There is no way CBS could have known that over half the people would just fall in line, quit playing the game and do Paul's bidding. You had people literally ask Paul if he thought it would be a good idea if they took a nap. So, I just cannot continue blaming CBS and letting these idiots off the hook. 

1 hour ago, joystiick said:

I can blame CBS for rigging the 3 week safety vote and a few other things, but, I can no longer blame CBS for the actions of this cast. There is no way CBS could have known the level of stupid that these people would rise to. I am sure they probably could point to this person being dumb and that person being stupid. But, they could not know what would happen when you put them all together. There is no way CBS could have known that over half the people would just fall in line, quit playing the game and do Paul's bidding. You had people literally ask Paul if he thought it would be a good idea if they took a nap. So, I just cannot continue blaming CBS and letting these idiots off the hook. 

BINGO!

Paul for the win!!!

5 hours ago, joystiick said:

I can appreciate that. Probably just my conspiracy imagination. But with all the psych evals and testing that they put applicants through before selecting the cast, I believe they probably have a good idea how many and who will follow the "celebrity" leader.

1 hour ago, Tiger87 said:

I can appreciate that. Probably just my conspiracy imagination. But with all the psych evals and testing that they put applicants through before selecting the cast, I believe they probably have a good idea how many and who will follow the "celebrity" leader.

These people went way beyond following the celebrity. They literally let him make all their decisions. I don't think there has been a season with less game talk and scheming. Basically, Paul gave everyone their instructions, they said ok and that was it until the vote. No way production could have foreseen that over half the house would be that sorry and that dumb. 

No returns, without a receipt. Lol. No seriously, no returns..hg or players and no viewer influence with voting either. If you all want it to be real than it has to be real on all levels. AFP even though I don't vote, it's a way to keep viewers happy and should continue. Of course viewers will complain if their fav doesn't win. 

1 hour ago, joystiick said:

These people went way beyond following the celebrity. They literally let him make all their decisions. I don't think there has been a season with less game talk and scheming. Basically, Paul gave everyone their instructions, they said ok and that was it until the vote. No way production could have foreseen that over half the house would be that sorry and that dumb. 

ITA.  I'm surprised we didn't hear some of them ask if they could go for a crap.  Maybe the LF updaters did.  I would think the psych eval. would concentrate more on their tolerance level for isolation, living in close quarters and sharing beds with strangers, lockdowns, not being outdoors or seeing sunlight for 2-3 days and of course the have not slop they have to eat.  I doubt they cared whether they had leaders or followers in there because they were sure Paul would take the reigns.