Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Roli said:

 

I hope he explains that attack on Megan when this is over.  I never did understand that.  I just never understood any of the early animosity.  They didn't have enough time to get to know each other and yet they targeted people.  I agree with what someone else here said about not having any evictions for the first two weeks.  

Absolutely!  You can't hand out friendship bracelets or decide who has to go after an hour of talking to people.  The two week "get to know you period" would be a good thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HeleneL said:

Absolutely!  You can't hand out friendship bracelets or decide who has to go after an hour of talking to people.  The two week "get to know you period" would be a good thing.

 

That friendship bracelet was so stupid.  I just rolled my eyes, figuring we'd have to hear that stupid friendship thing all summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Roli said:

 

That friendship bracelet was so stupid.  I just rolled my eyes, figuring we'd have to hear that stupid friendship thing all summer. 

You and me both.  I was so sick of hearing the friendship crap last year that I wanted to puke when I saw Paul back in there this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Josh starts banging those pans together does it remind anyone else of the monkey toy banging the cymbals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roli said:

 

I hope he explains that attack on Megan when this is over.  I never did understand that.  I just never understood any of the early animosity.  They didn't have enough time to get to know each other and yet they targeted people.  I agree with what someone else here said about not having any evictions for the first two weeks.  

ITA I think a 2-week get to know each other  thing would be perfect.

 

For some reason some of my posts just haven't posted lol.  I replied to others that just haven't showed.  Been having severe thunderstorms here all week and I'm losing internet  with my satellite dish not to mention power for several hours yesterday.  So I'm late responding to other comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HeleneL said:

Absolutely!  You can't hand out friendship bracelets or decide who has to go after an hour of talking to people.  The two week "get to know you period" would be a good thing.

I've never understood why BB does the opening night eviction BS, but they seem to do it about every season. In a game where inter-personal relationships are such a huge part of the game, it doesn't make sense to have such quick evictions. I would prefer a double eviction after two "get to know you weeks" rather than the quick eviction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joystiick said:

I've never understood why BB does the opening night eviction BS, but they seem to do it about every season. In a game where inter-personal relationships are such a huge part of the game, it doesn't make sense to have such quick evictions. I would prefer a double eviction after two "get to know you weeks" rather than the quick eviction. 

 

I agree. I can't imagine how crushing it would be to go thru the whole procedure to get in the house, waiting anxiously in seclusion for the day to finally come and then to be thrown away for nothing. And then to have to sit again for weeks for that small opportunity to get back in. Seems very cruel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, straykat said:

 

I agree. I can't imagine how crushing it would be to go thru the whole procedure to get in the house, waiting anxiously in seclusion for the day to finally come and then to be thrown away for nothing. And then to have to sit again for weeks for that small opportunity to get back in. Seems very cruel. 

Yeah, I would not have blamed Cameron if he would have given CBS the double salute after the competition to get back in the house. He probably spent 50 times more hours in seclusion than he did in the house.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really feel bad for Cameron, he was a fan.  So many HG's are "found" and have no idea what the game really is.  To most of the HG's this year it's a 3 month vacation of eating, sleeping and having sex.  Josh is no worse than ED was.  Sorry, I think the Josh we saw the 1st half of the season was all an act.  Personally, I think Josh will be the one to get Paul out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2017 at 3:53 PM, NYROSE said:

I don't like that he is doing that, but I see the game in it...if someone is removed fro violence, that increases his odds that is what it all is for him

Yeah but I wouldn't want to say the only way I beat this guy in the game was by provoking him to punch someone to get kicked out. That is just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MadMarty said:

I really feel bad for Cameron, he was a fan.  So many HG's are "found" and have no idea what the game really is.  To most of the HG's this year it's a 3 month vacation of eating, sleeping and having sex.  Josh is no worse than ED was.  Sorry, I think the Josh we saw the 1st half of the season was all an act.  Personally, I think Josh will be the one to get Paul out.

I feel bad for Cameron as well, especially when we have minions just sitting there happy to go to jury and lounge around. 

It would be hilarious of Josh is the one to get Paul out!  Love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2017 at 4:02 PM, PF364 said:

I concur.  Some people could not watch that season "live".  They had to rely on the good old VCR, and someone at home to remember to record it.  ha ha ha... Showing age now... When I did view it, it was appalling. 

 

The so called "sheep" have no one else to blame other than themselves.  They treat Paul as some sort of deity, I just don't get it.  

 

To address the fact that you would like humans to be more self actualized... I wish. I see a steep downward decline in that dept.  Our youth (not all, but those who get the attention) seem to have become so desensitized to the point where everything to them is no more than a video game.  It's like they don't even know what the empathy means, let alone have that attribute. Look at all the crap on the FB live that has been happening lately.  I am one who truly believes it all starts at home, and I have a real problem with video games, TV and social media being the new babysitters.  Parents need to be more engaged and be well, parents!  I wonder how the HG's parents will perceive their children's actions?

actually you show your age more by your values...than by the fact that you remember using a VCR...there are so many factors reducing people to what we see as the character of the generation that it will be  a wonder if there is any actual teaching to be done in the universities any longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2017 at 1:23 AM, MadMarty said:

I really feel bad for Cameron, he was a fan.  So many HG's are "found" and have no idea what the game really is.  To most of the HG's this year it's a 3 month vacation of eating, sleeping and having sex.  Josh is no worse than ED was.  Sorry, I think the Josh we saw the 1st half of the season was all an act.  Personally, I think Josh will be the one to get Paul out.

well that would be a turn around...and you could claim to be a seer...medium...clairvoyant...prophet...set up a telephone service and make $10 a minute...LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYROSE said:

actually you show your age more by your values...than by the fact that you remember using a VCR...there are so many factors reducing people to what we see as the character of the generation that it will be  a wonder if there is any actual teaching to be done in the universities any longer.

Son, there are some of you young ones on here that really give me faith in the future... Then again, there are some that make me wonder... I could say SMH...  I just learned what that means!  I love you younger people that are willing to "school" an old person, like myself on the new acronyms on the web.  I only know military ones... So, to those of you who have helped me... Thanks so much... You know who you are!  

 

I wish all people had the basic values that should be evident to all...

 

1. Treat people the way you wish to be treated.

2. Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

3. Do unto others, what you would want done unto you. (basically, 1 & 2 combined)

 

That said, I hope all of you get to live a life like I have.  There have been ups and downs, peaks and valleys, good times and bad times.  There has been feast, there has been famine.  There was war, and there was peace.

 

There was history, and then there is revisionist history (it's up to everyone to tell the difference..PLEASE do your own research!).  But most of all, there has been LOVE.  Love for our families, love for our brothers and sisters in arms, love for our neighbors, and most important, love for (and forgiveness for) our enemies.  Maybe that is a little too much to ask of others, but I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior... And I will NEVER apologize for that.

 

I wish you all the best....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, PF364 said:

Son, there are some of you young ones on here that really give me faith in the future... Then again, there are some that make me wonder... I could say SMH...  I just learned what that means!  I love you younger people that are willing to "school" an old person, like myself on the new acronyms on the web.  I only know military ones... So, to those of you who have helped me... Thanks so much... You know who you are!  

 

I wish all people had the basic values that should be evident to all...

 

1. Treat people the way you wish to be treated.

2. Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

3. Do unto others, what you would want done unto you. (basically, 1 & 2 combined)

 

That said, I hope all of you get to live a life like I have.  There have been ups and downs, peaks and valleys, good times and bad times.  There has been feast, there has been famine.  There was war, and there was peace.

 

There was history, and then there is revisionist history (it's up to everyone to tell the difference..PLEASE do your own research!).  But most of all, there has been LOVE.  Love for our families, love for our brothers and sisters in arms, love for our neighbors, and most important, love for (and forgiveness for) our enemies.  Maybe that is a little too much to ask of others, but I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior... And I will NEVER apologize for that.

 

I wish you all the best....

 

 

the problem with your basic values is that you do not recognize that these people do not love themselves ...they only want to be supported and allowed to fulfill their wants like a two year old does...they want to be allowed and in that desire they are actually not interested in having any interference so they don't want to interfere with others..they don't want to treat others...they text rather than speak...and they only want to be texted back...the less they interact the better...interacting with a screen is their milieu...and that makes for an entirely different way of living.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NYROSE said:

the problem with your basic values is that you do not recognize that these people do not love themselves ...they only want to be supported and allowed to fulfill their wants like a two year old does...they want to be allowed and in that desire they are actually not interested in having any interference so they don't want to interfere with others..they don't want to treat others...they text rather than speak...and they only want to be texted back...the less they interact the better...interacting with a screen is their milieu...and that makes for an entirely different way of living.

Well said... and also, very sad.  I saw a report a couple months ago that stated that our young ones can not spell the words "you are" instead they spell it ur, they (at a 12th grade level can not write in cursive) again, sad.  Also, they, as I stated earlier, have no idea about how the real world actually works.  Everything is a virtual game to them.  Some people hold me in some sort of contempt because I do not give into the "I am owed" philosophy  that seems to be the norm.  We live in the land of plenty, if you are willing to work for it, and you work hard, you can achieve it! 

 

Your recognition of the youngsters not loving themselves is spot on.  How can these children love themselves when told over and over that they are : fat, white, black, skinny, bald, dumb, ugly, not worth anything, etc...  Love begins with with those around you who are willing to make a difference, i.e. their family, friends, teachers and fellowship.  I wish I could have 1,000 families... OK, be careful what you wish for...right? I do have 13 kids plus my own that myself and my better half have raised... They are terrific! All they wanted was a chance!

 

I always pray for Jesus to encompass those who need Him most, in his white light of love, safety, faith, protection, and health (spiritual, mental, physical and dental..just to check them all off).. I have never prayed for money.  But God willing, IF HE sees fit, I will take myself to task and make sure that those who are most deserving and neediest, will receive His Grace. Charity begins at home, and I will start right here at home.  There are so many kids in the US of A that need good homes and families that will love them unconditionally.  

 

Now, before I get in trouble... I guess I should say something about the show... Oh yeah, I detest bullies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drop the PC bullsh_t. Go watch Sesame Street.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WickedOne said:

Drop the PC bullsh_t. Go watch Sesame Street.

Political correctness does not exist any longer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NYROSE said:

Political correctness does not exist any longer...

 

There are unfortunate diehards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WickedOne said:

 

There are unfortunate diehards. 

If you are referring to me... Then call me out.  I have been accused of many things in my life time, PC is NOT one of them.  I call 'em like I see 'em.  In your words, yes, unfortunately I am a diehard, just not in the way you want/seem to categorize.  I have seen many on here try to put people on blast, with one or two "witty" quips because they did not like their opinions on one thing or another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PF364 said:

If you are referring to me... Then call me out.  I have been accused of many things in my life time, PC is NOT one of them.  I call 'em like I see 'em.  In your words, yes, unfortunately I am a diehard, just not in the way you want/seem to categorize.  I have seen many on here try to put people on blast, with one or two "witty" quips because they did not like their opinions on one thing or another. 

 

BAHAHAHA IF and WHEN I am specifically referencing a poster... I say their name without hesitation or giving a wicked damn. I hadn't even noticed your posts in this particular section. Next........................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:42 AM, NYROSE said:

Political correctness does not exist any longer...

 

Ahem, pardon me if I beg to differ.

 

I work at Best Buy and I'm not allowed to say Merry Christmas to my customers as I might offend someone

 

Political correctness is alive and doing  f :censored:g fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read somewhere else that Paul and Alex were trying to get Josh to start bullying Kevin to make it easier to get hum out. Alex wanted Josh to go after Kevin for his weight and age. Josh said he wouldn't do it because he respected Kevin. Paul told him it was ok because Kevin doesn't respect him (Josh). But Josh held his ground and said no. Anyone else hear this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WOC said:

I read somewhere else that Paul and Alex were trying to get Josh to start bullying Kevin to make it easier to get hum out. Alex wanted Josh to go after Kevin for his weight and age. Josh said he wouldn't do it because he respected Kevin. Paul told him it was ok because Kevin doesn't respect him (Josh). But Josh held his ground and said no. Anyone else hear this?

 

No, hadn't heard it and also don't have feeds.  However, if it's true it really says a lot about how low and pathetic the cast is when Josh, arguably the one who suffers from the deepest insecurities, is able to muster enough strength to stand his ground against Paul (and Alex) on the issue of refraining from bullying, an activity he normally would not hesitate to do when NO ONE ELSE IN THAT HOUSE dares to go against the wishes of Paul.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×