Bullies

Big brother should not allow bullying. If it's banned in schools and kids punished for it, a tv show shouldn't encourage it!! Never seen anything like it!!! Paul is instigating it and Josh is absolutely a bully, horrible!!!! Those get the others going. But they start it!!! It's like their in grade school, children act better than them. Doesnt matter who is disliked or is annoying, as they say in school. .. no excuses for bullies!!! First time I've ever been disappointed in the shows producers for allowing it. They are saying bullies are ok actually by not stopping it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Katbaloo43 said:

Big brother should not allow bullying. If it's banned in schools and kids punished for it, a tv show shouldn't encourage it!! Never seen anything like it!!! Paul is instigating it and Josh is absolutely a bully, horrible!!!! Those get the others going. But they start it!!! It's like their in grade school, children act better than them. Doesnt matter who is disliked or is annoying, as they say in school. .. no excuses for bullies!!! First time I've ever been disappointed in the shows producers for allowing it. They are saying bullies are ok actually by not stopping it.

I hate bullying and dislike the mob mentality we are seeing here. You have to realize this is a show that feeds on being sensationalist so they are not going to stop it unless it goes beyond baiting to actual violence. I have often said here that this show in particular can be used as a social studies or psychology class video text on crowd manipulation and  instigation.

Peanuts are banned in most schools now too, should they not be allowed to have them in the BB house? This isn't a kids show. They don't encourage it, they don't glamorize it, they showed it how it happened in all it's ugliness. 

4 hours ago, Ziggy49 said:

Peanuts are banned in most schools now too, should they not be allowed to have them in the BB house? This isn't a kids show. They don't encourage it, they don't glamorize it, they showed it how it happened in all it's ugliness. 

Exactly.  This show is for entertainment (for us viewers), but it's also a study of how total strangers behave when they're put in this kind of situation.  I actually prefer as little interference from production as possible.  

1 hour ago, Lamasquerade said:

It's not school and they are not children. They signed up for it and get paid to do it. They are free to contact production any time when it's get too bad for them to live in the house and if worse comes to worse and mental health is effected they should leave.

Are you sure they are not children?

23 hours ago, Katbaloo43 said:

Maybe you are a new viewer of Big Brother since there has been far, far worse in the bullying department in past seasons.  The Donato season, in my opinion, was way worse than anything we've seen from this cast.  I don't see how anyone can ever surpass Dick Donato since he engaged in not only bullying but physical assault (burning Jen, etc.).

I personally think the bullying is foolish, regardless if this is a show for adults or not. When kids are bullied in school we constantly tell them "it will get better after high school" but clearly it does not. I think it is disgusting behavior by grown adults and shame on production for allowing it to happen. Yes it has always been a part of BB but it has never been this bad. I have been a fan since Season 1 and its a show I always really excited to watch. I am having a hard time watching this season. I find it terrible. There are individual players I would have enjoyed watching in another season but as a group it's hard to watch. I find myself doing other things while it is on. I feel bad for players I dislike because of the way they are treated. Yes its just a game but that does not make these people any less human. 

On 8/6/2017 at 2:35 PM, carmen said:

Maybe you are a new viewer of Big Brother since there has been far, far worse in the bullying department in past seasons.  The Donato season, in my opinion, was way worse than anything we've seen from this cast.  I don't see how anyone can ever surpass Dick Donato since he engaged in not only bullying but physical assault (burning Jen, etc.).

If Jen wouldn't have tried to grab his cigarettes she wouldn't haven't been burned. 

24 minutes ago, Hanna said:

I personally think the bullying is foolish, regardless if this is a show for adults or not. When kids are bullied in school we constantly tell them "it will get better after high school" but clearly it does not. I think it is disgusting behavior by grown a** adults and shame on production for allowing it to happen. Yes it has always been a part of BB but it has never been this bad. I have been a fan since Season 1 and its a show I always really excited to watch. I am having a hard time watching this season. I find it terrible. There are individual players I would have enjoyed watching in another season but as a group it's hard to watch. I find myself doing other things while it is on. I feel bad for players I dislike because of the way they are treated. Yes its just a game but that does not make these people any less human. 

I agree.

On 8/6/2017 at 0:35 PM, carmen said:

Maybe you are a new viewer of Big Brother since there has been far, far worse in the bullying department in past seasons.  The Donato season, in my opinion, was way worse than anything we've seen from this cast.  I don't see how anyone can ever surpass Dick Donato since he engaged in not only bullying but physical assault (burning Jen, etc.)

I absolutely hated that season as well. I have been comparing this season to that one.

23 hours ago, Hanna said:

I absolutely hated that season as well. I have been comparing this season to that one.

I hated that season so much I stopped watching, but Paul does not dive to the depths of Evil...he does not spit, he does not bang pans, he does not assault with liquids or cigs or smoke...and his language is actually respectful...and artful to maintain the power he has garnered. Yes it is aggravating that the HGs are such sheep, but whether or not I don't like Paul the channeler of Rasputin, matters little as it is like watching an avalanche from safety...you do not turn away..in fact you slow mo it...watch it again...but unlike an avalanche which is only amazing, the utter predictability and lemming quality of the people is laughable...yes it amuses me even as it annoys and disheartens me...I would like humans to be more self actualized.

1 hour ago, NYROSE said:
On 8/10/2017 at 2:09 PM, Hanna said:

I hated that season so much I stopped watching, but Paul does not dive to the depths of Evil...he does not spit, he does not bang pans, he does not assault with liquids or cigs or smoke...and his language is actually respectful...and artful to maintain the power he has garnered. Yes it is aggravating that the HGs are such sheep, but whether or not I don't like Paul the channeler of Rasputin, matters little as it is like watching an avalanche from safety...you do not turn away..in fact you slow mo it...watch it again...but unlike an avalanche which is only amazing, the utter predictability and lemming quality of the people is laughable...yes it amuses me even as it annoys and disheartens me...I would like humans to be more self actualized.

Oh I am not comparing Paul to Evil D that's for sure lol. No one will ever be an heinous as Evil. I just meant the season is comparable to me in the sense that I do not want to watch it, there is too much bullying and although it is not near as bad as Evil's season, I still find it hard to watch. It is a lot of personal attacks on each other and I get embarrassed for the players. I despise that everyone acts like Paul's sheep, but thats the game. I give him props for puling it off. However, the plan to harass Cody into punching someone made me lose all respect for him.

26 minutes ago, Hanna said:

Oh I am not comparing Paul to Evil D that's for sure lol. No one will ever be an heinous as Evil. I just meant the season is comparable to me in the sense that I do not want to watch it, there is too much bullying and although it is not near as bad as Evil's season, I still find it hard to watch. It is a lot of personal attacks on each other and I get embarrassed for the players. I despise that everyone acts like Paul's sheep, but thats the game. I give him props for puling it off. However, the plan to harass Cody into punching someone made me lose all respect for him.

I don't like that he is doing that, but I see the game in it...if someone is removed fro violence, that increases his odds that is what it all is for him.

It could have been much worse. Josh and the others could have gone to a very personal level by bringing up their sexual behavior on the internet but Jody had no trouble bringing up Joshes accent and his intelligence and his weight so who are the bullies

1 hour ago, Minimomx2 said:

It could have been much worse. Josh and the others could have gone to a very personal level by bringing up their sexual behavior on the internet but Jody had no trouble bringing up Joshes accent and his intelligence and his weight so who are the bullies

Agree.  

The thing is, Cody and Jessica are far from Mensa material.  Jessica has no room to criticize the intelligence of anyone else.  She has a nice figure, and that's all she's got going for her.  

4 hours ago, Minimomx2 said:

Really!  Hope Matt and Raven weren't in those "others".  Lots of groping and kissing with Jody but cameras sure lingered a long time on Maven having intercourse the other night.  Left nothing to the imagination.  Have to assume if you have live feeds you see a lot more than I do on BBAD.  From what I've seen Josh came in the house in a defensive mood.  Get them before they get me.  He imagined everyone would be against him; says he saw it in their demeanor and their eyes so he grabbed that apple in the first comp.  He never gave anyone a chance to get to know him and acted out like a child.  I did not like him from the first minute and still don't no matter how hard he's trying to explain himself or his behavior.  Worried about his poor Mama and his familia seeing him being disrespected.  He should be worried more about how embarrassed his familia is with his behavior.   I know I'm in the minority but that's just my opinion.

7 minutes ago, HeleneL said:

Really!  Hope Matt and Raven weren't in those "others".  Lots of groping and kissing with Jody but cameras sure lingered a long time on Maven having intercourse the other night.  Left nothing to the imagination.  Have to assume if you have live feeds you see a lot more than I do on BBAD.  From what I've seen Josh came in the house in a defensive mood.  Get them before they get me.  He imagined everyone would be against him; says he saw it in their demeanor and their eyes so he grabbed that apple in the first comp.  He never gave anyone a chance to get to know him and acted out like a child.  I did not like him from the first minute and still don't no matter how hard he's trying to explain himself or his behavior.  Worried about his poor Mama and his familia seeing him being disrespected.  He should be worried more about how embarrassed his familia is with his behavior.   I know I'm in the minority but that's just my opinion.

Why would you think you are in the minority? Josh is probably one of the biggest punks to ever be in the BB house. He went on the attack against Megan before she even knew what was going on. His biggest contribution to the season is being a big mouth attack dog and Paul's flunky. I don't see where he brings anything of value to the game. 

On 8/11/2017 at 3:36 PM, NYROSE said:

I concur.  Some people could not watch that season "live".  They had to rely on the good old VCR, and someone at home to remember to record it.  ha ha ha... Showing age now... When I did view it, it was appalling. 

The so called "sheep" have no one else to blame other than themselves.  They treat Paul as some sort of deity, I just don't get it.  

To address the fact that you would like humans to be more self actualized... I wish. I see a steep downward decline in that dept.  Our youth (not all, but those who get the attention) seem to have become so desensitized to the point where everything to them is no more than a video game.  It's like they don't even know what the empathy means, let alone have that attribute. Look at all the crap on the FB live that has been happening lately.  I am one who truly believes it all starts at home, and I have a real problem with video games, TV and social media being the new babysitters.  Parents need to be more engaged and be well, parents!  I wonder how the HG's parents will perceive their children's actions?

28 minutes ago, joystiick said:

Why would you think you are in the minority? Josh is probably one of the biggest punks to ever be in the BB house. He went on the attack against Megan before she even knew what was going on. His biggest contribution to the season is being a big mouth attack dog and Paul's flunky. I don't see where he brings anything of value to the game. 

I just figured most people were feeling sorry for Josh being the underdog.  I never saw it that way.  He came in as an attack dog.  And yes, Megan was totally blindsided by his  Pitbull tactics.  I don't care he's "only" 23, he should know better.  By the age of 23 my children were well behaved adults.

10 minutes ago, HeleneL said:

I just figured most people were feeling sorry for Josh being the underdog.  I never saw it that way.  He came in as an attack dog.  And yes, Megan was totally blindsided by his  Pitbull tactics.  I don't care he's "only" 23, he should know better.  By the age of 23 my children were well behaved adults.

I hope he explains that attack on Megan when this is over.  I never did understand that.  I just never understood any of the early animosity.  They didn't have enough time to get to know each other and yet they targeted people.  I agree with what someone else here said about not having any evictions for the first two weeks.