Hex???

This is what it says on the CBS Feeds website: The winning houseguest will be tempted with the Halting Hex! Weather on the block or not, they can halt any one of the next four evictions during the live show, making a non-eviction night. To me this says that the eviction will be cancelled and they will go directly to the next HOH comp and the next eviction will be held with the Halting Hex be complete when used to make the prior nights eviction a non-eviction night.

Jody might be thinking she has this for the next two weeks, but once she uses it, it is gone. So if she uses it Thursday, the eviction will be cancelled and both her and Cody will stay in the house for another week. Then, next week if they are up on the block, she will not be able to use it again because she can only use it once.

Personally, I think she is playing/lying to the other HG's and wants Cody to not go home until someone else goes so he will go to Jury. Then if she gets out after Cody, they will have until 9/20/17 to fool around in Jury. The first two people in Jury have a week to play house alone.

Make sense?

the halting hex stops the evictions that is what makes it so that Paul's HOH will have been wasted. He will get out nobody. Jessica would be smarter not to use it and let Cody go home. She then would have a power no one will think she has. If she gets put up for eviction she can use it for three more weeks, any one of which she could become HOH and skew the game. If she never gets put up during these four weeks, she could use the hex to shut down one of the evictions...preferably the fourth week's...so that she could round up people to be on her side for having saved them. Now that would be some new and refreshing game play.

5 hours ago, NYROSE said:

the halting hex stops the evictions that is what makes it so that Paul's HOH will have been wasted. He will get out nobody. Jessica would be smarter not to use it and let Cody go home. She then would have a power no one will think she has. If she gets put up for eviction she can use it for three more weeks, any one of which she could become HOH and skew the game. If she never gets put up during these four weeks, she could use the hex to shut down one of the evictions...preferably the fourth week's...so that she could round up people to be on her side for having saved them. Now that would be some new and refreshing game play.

That would be good strategy, except that I think they have now realized that if she doesn't use it they should vote HER out, instead of Cody.  She's much more of a threat than Cody.  She's better at comps and better at strategy and has a better social game when he's not around.  And they'd be evicting her Halting Hex temptation right along with her.  

5 hours ago, NYROSE said:

Isn't this the last week she can use it anyways? I believe it was only good for three weeks.

8 minutes ago, WOC said:

Isn't this the last week she can use it anyways? I believe it was only good for three weeks.

As I remember things, the hex was good for three evictions from the time she was awarded. This is week 2 and she would be a fool not to use it. If she thinks they would vote Cody out instead of her, she should ask why they kept Josh and voted out Ramses, against her wishes. 

Just now, joystiick said:

As I remember things, the hex was good for three evictions from the time she was awarded. This is week 2 and she would be a fool not to use it. If she thinks they would vote Cody out instead of her, she should ask why they kept Josh and voted out Ramses, against her wishes. 

Didn't she have it when she was on the block with Dom? Then she was HOH and Ramses went. Now she's on the block again. I'm thinking this is her third and last week. I may be wrong though.

2 minutes ago, joystiick said:

Agree.  Not using it will probably be the end of her.  I don't think she's that stupid.  

1 minute ago, WOC said:

Didn't she have it when she was on the block with Dom? Then she was HOH and Ramses went. Now she's on the block again. I'm thinking this is her third and last week. I may be wrong though.

I was thinking that she got it while she was HOH. 

2 minutes ago, WOC said:

I think you're right, now that you mention it.  

13 hours ago, Midnightgranny said:

This is what it says on the CBS Feeds website: The winning houseguest will be tempted with the Halting Hex! Weather on the block or not, they can halt any one of the next four evictions during the live show, making a non-eviction night. To me this says that the eviction will be cancelled and they will go directly to the next HOH comp and the next eviction will be held with the Halting Hex be complete when used to make the prior nights eviction a non-eviction night.

According to what Mgranny posted above Jess has the hex for 4 weeks, so she could have it next week if she doesn't use it today.

1 minute ago, WOC said:

According to what Mgranny posted above Jess has the hex for 4 weeks, so she could have it next week if she doesn't use it today.

I am pretty sure it is good for next week, otherwise it would not be any question about using it this week since it wouldn't be any good anymore. Also, now that I think about it, I am pretty sure she won the hex during her HOH because I remember Julie saying that she had one of the most successful weeks in BB history by winning HOH, veto and hex in the same week. 

Paul can't stop talking about the hex and he has decided that it can only save one. He has told them to vote out Jessica. I hope that they all go in and vote and that the hex gets used just as Julie starts to announce the vote results. Let them think for as long as possible that they have blindsided Jess hard. It would also be nice if afterwards Julie would announce who would have gone home if it wasn't used so Jess knows that everyone of them was planning on kicking her to the curb.

12 minutes ago, straykat said:

Paul can't stop talking about the hex and he has decided that it can only save one. He has told them to vote out Jessica. I hope that they all go in and vote and that the hex gets used just as Julie starts to announce the vote results. Let them think for as long as possible that they have blindsided Jess hard. It would also be nice if afterwards Julie would announce who would have gone home if it wasn't used so Jess knows that everyone of them was planning on kicking her to the curb.

Doesn't she have to use it before the voting starts?  

9 minutes ago, joystiick said:

That is the impression I have. Seems that when she received it, it was explained that she would announce it just before voting started. 

Yeah. I just want to see it drawn out for the tension and the look on Paul's face when he thinks that he won the battle and got one of them out and at the last minute learns that his HoH was for nothing.

On 8/3/2017 at 2:58 AM, Roli said:

That would be good strategy, except that I think they have now realized that if she doesn't use it they should vote HER out, instead of Cody.  She's much more of a threat than Cody.  She's better at comps and better at strategy and has a better social game when he's not around.  And they'd be evicting her Halting Hex temptation right along with her.  

and Paul indicates that his word is of less value than confederate money back in the day