Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RoboPoster

GOT-The GoT Cast Talks Favorite Storylines and Premiere Prep

1 post in this topic

Finally, winter is truly here — Season 7 premieres tonight. From the Walt Disney Concert Hall red carpet event in L.A., the actors shared what storylines they are most looking forward to watching unfold, and how fans should get ready for tonight’s big episode.

Who to Watch

“The best thing about Game of Thrones is every single of element, every strand, is just exceptional,” offered Richard Dormer (Beric Dondarrion), proving the stars of Game of Thrones are also big fans. Several cast members revealed which characters they were most excited to return to.

The Starks

Despite being “Team Targaryen” in the show, both Jacob Anderson and Nathalie Emmanuel — Grey Worm and Missandei in the series — were interested to what happens with the Stark children. “They’re always crossing paths, and just missing each other,” shared Anderson. “I’m excited to see how Jon’s story and history plays into that,” said Emmanuel.

Jerome Flynn, who plays fan-favorite Bronn, added, “Arya’s kind of been a favorite since the word go. I really hope she gets through [the season] and ends up not too disturbed.” 

Team Targaryen

Liam Cunningham, the actor behind Ser Davos, picked up right where Season 6 left off: “Dany’s headed to Westeros. and we’ve waited for years to see this woman there. It’s been a long way, people have been patient, and now she’s here.”

The Lannisters

Yara Greyjoy actor, Gemma Whelan, shared she’s, “intrigued by Jaime Lannister, because I started off hating him. But he’s become beguiling and interesting. I’m always happy to see him.” Isaac Hempstead-Wright, who portrays Three-Eyed Raven Bran Stark, and newcomer Tom Hopper, who plays Dickon Tarly this season, were both looking forward to watching Tyrion’s story develop — “he’s got a lot on his shoulders,” said Hopper — while, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, the actor behind Jaime Lannister, and Sansa Stark performer, Sophie Turner, were excited for Queen Cersei. “She’s my favorite character,” confessed Turner. “I love what she does. Always entertaining.”

Theon Greyjoy

Both Kit Harington, who plays Jon Snow, and Samwell Tarly actor, John Bradley, were interested to watch Theon in Season 7. “He’s come so far, and he’s experienced so much,” commented Bradley. “I think he’s got a really incredible part this season and one that we’ve been waiting to see,” said Harington. “We’ve seen him as Reek being tortured season after season. Finally, there’s some change in him; Something comes back to life. And Alfie Allen is an astonishing actor who’s been doing it more than justice.”

The Night King

Aiden Gillen, who plays Littlefinger, doesn’t want fans to forget this guy. “One of the tricks in the story of this drama is people are obsessed with what they think of as being a big deal — who’s going to sit on the Throne. But there’s a bigger threat looming. That’s really the one we should all be thinking about.”

With all that to look forward to, how should fans ready themselves? “You think you can prepare, but then the show will just tear your heart out, make you cry or laugh beyond belief, and you’ll celebrate and cheer,” laughed Nathalie Emmanuel.

“Get your friends and family around you, I think you’ll need them,” said John Bradley. Indira Varma, who plays Ellaria Sand, also recommended “a beer, a comfy chair and some friends” in addition to, “ a sick bucket.” Sophie Turner suggested you “grab tissues and comfort food. You’re gonna need it.”

Referencing the fact it’s the beginning of the penultimate season, Jerome Flynn offered this advice: “Strap yourself in, and savor it while it lasts.”

Share your premiere prep and which storyline are you most excited to watch in the comments section below.

Reporting by Ashley Morton and Katie M. Lucas

View the full article