Big Brother General Discussion

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, NYROSE said:

Mark won the power of veto comp that was a game that also is used to judge IQ...he won it so quickly that we have to recognize that despite the stereotype view of  muscle development, this guy has brains.

I think Mark is a smart guy. From what had happened in the house I feel that he's not a mean spirited guy. The flip flopping isn't typical flip flopping. He wants to play his game, it's self preservation. This house is nuts, with who is allowed to talk to who, and shunning who Paul and minions feel who should be shunned. Mark wasn't doing anything different than anyone else, he was at least attempting to be safe and feeling out other possible options, floating his options while trying to stay safe. Thoughs that don't  do anything but sit at Paul's (or Alex's) feet will look back and wish they had something different. All they're doing now is the top dog's bidding. Christmas is a tool with increasing ugliness. How long before they realize they didn't even try for their individual game. Who's after Mark and Kevin on the list of expendables, anyone of them. They will keep putting each other on the shit list. It's a disappointing game this season, more mentally abusive. I loathe Paul, but he's playing his game, and so far so good.

10 minutes ago, PAULISABUNION said:

I think Mark is a smart guy. From what had happened in the house I feel that he's not a mean spirited guy. The flip flopping isn't typical flip flopping. He wants to play his game, it's self preservation. This house is nuts, with who is allowed to talk to who, and shunning who Paul and minions feel who should be shunned. Mark wasn't doing anything different than anyone else, he was at least attempting to be safe and feeling out other possible options, floating his options while trying to stay safe. Thoughs that don't  do anything but sit at Paul's (or Alex's) feet will look back and wish they had something different. All they're doing now is the top dog's bidding. Christmas is a tool with increasing ugliness. How long before they realize they didn't even try for their individual game. Who's after Mark and Kevin on the list of expendables, anyone of them. They will keep putting each other on the shit list. It's a disappointing game this season, more mentally abusive. I loathe Paul, but he's playing his game, and so far so good.

I agree that Paul is playing the game and is prob the only one except perhaps Mark...if Alex switches that would be awesome too

WHAT was the point of tonight's special broadcast?  I first expected it to be a special eviction to goad these idiots into action but no such luck.  Then I heard it was Derrick coming for a visit.  I would have wanted him to have one on ones with them to tell them how incredibly stupid and ignorant they are about their game or at least a Q&A with him giving hints about what they are doing wrong.  But NO we get to re-live  all the nonsense and yelling and bullying and what's been discussed and rehashed ad nauseum from the beginning that we are all trying to forget, especially Josh's circus acts!!  OMG if CBS is hoping for a rise in ratings this one probably dropped them a few more notches.

5 minutes ago, HeleneL said:

WHAT was the point of tonight's special broadcast?  I first expected it to be a special eviction to goad these idiots into action but no such luck.  Then I heard it was Derrick coming for a visit.  I would have wanted him to have one on ones with them to tell them how incredibly stupid and ignorant they are about their game or at least a Q&A with him giving hints about what they are doing wrong.  But NO we get to re-live  all the nonsense and yelling and bullying and what's been discussed and rehashed ad nauseum from the beginning that we are all trying to forget, especially Josh's circus acts!!  OMG if CBS is hoping for a rise in ratings this one probably dropped them a few more notches.

I thought the same thing and fast forwarded through most of it.

I didn't pay attention to the whole show tonight. Once I realized it was a rehash episode I tuned out a bit. So, I saw that they covered Cody/Jess and Mark/Elena showmance but did I miss them showing Maven? I know they showed Matt scarfing down cereal but was there any mention of Maven or even any little bit about Raven? Or Xmas even? 

It was super disappointing. I fast forwarded too. I was just getting to like Mark some again. The reminder that he threw pickle juice and hot sauce in Josh's face made me sad. I was super hoping for another eviction.

As of right now Mark is my favorite and hope he wins....he has been through so much abuse from Josh, which again is so uncalled for and should not have been allowed, which was laughed at and encouraged by the other houseguests...they should all be ashamed of themselves...and they call themselves adults...the only name I can think of is juvenile, bully, idiots !!  Mark seems very sentimental and shows feelings and admits his faults...although I wish he never got involved in Elena (she is so mean to him) which he does not deserve...he has been verbally abused in this house by all these foolish, embarrassing houseguests who have all ruined the name "Big Brother" game !!! Where did you find these idiots ?  worse Big Brother ever !!!

31 minutes ago, straykat said:

I didn't pay attention to the whole show tonight. Once I realized it was a rehash episode I tuned out a bit. So, I saw that they covered Cody/Jess and Mark/Elena showmance but did I miss them showing Maven? I know they showed Matt scarfing down cereal but was there any mention of Maven or even any little bit about Raven? Or Xmas even? 

No you didn't miss much. Nothing about Maven, just showing Alex doing scare pranks and it cut off with Derrick saying he was hosting HOH.  All around dud show.

21 minutes ago, HeleneL said:

No you didn't miss much. Nothing about Maven, just showing Alex doing scare pranks and it cut off with Derrick saying he was hosting HOH.  All around dud show.

I am really happy that they didn't acknowledge Maven. :clap:  

7 hours ago, HeleneL said:

You couldn't be more right.  I wanted a special eviction and for it to be Paul, Alex or Christmas.

11 hours ago, wendyla said:

As of right now Mark is my favorite and hope he wins....he has been through so much abuse from Josh, which again is so uncalled for and should not have been allowed, which was laughed at and encouraged by the other houseguests...they should all be ashamed of themselves...and they call themselves adults...the only name I can think of is juvenile, bully, idiots !!  Mark seems very sentimental and shows feelings and admits his faults...although I wish he never got involved in Elena (she is so mean to him) which he does not deserve...he has been verbally abused in this house by all these foolish, embarrassing houseguests who have all ruined the name "Big Brother" game !!! Where did you find these idiots ?  worse Big Brother ever !!!

Id love to see Mark pull this game off as well.  He is the only one I give credit to for standing up for himself along with his beliefs.  I wanted to hear so badly that he won this HOH but alas Christmas (blah) pulled it off.  Theres still hope though with the veto then Id love to see him put Pauls butt on the block.  Not that that will matter because Paul win convince everyone else its still in THEIR best interest to keep Paul.  Bunch of TOOLS.

8 hours ago, HeleneL said:

Why are all these new threads being opened by new posters coming in?  All they need to do is post in their least favorite HG or just the general discussion thread.  Am I being too picky?  Sorry.

Attention seekers.  

Do you really think these are "new" posters?  

This forum has gotten ridiculous.  Some here want it to be the "Kumbaya Club" where everyone has the same opinion.  If someone doesn't fawn all over their particular favorite (which in most cases among the whiny-butts is Cody), then they're a "bully".   By that same token, if someone doesn't share their hate for a particular poster (which in most cases among the whiny-butts is Paul), then they're a "bully".   "Bully" has gotten to be such an overused term, and a crutch for those too emotionally immature to accept the fact that we don't all share the same opinion, nor do we have to do so.  I'm not saying that bullying doesn't exist, but if those people here who are throwing that term around really think they're being bullied here on this board, then they truly have sorry-ass pathetic lives.  

This isn't directed at you, HeleneL.  The whiny-butts know who they are.  And now they'll no doubt whine and bitch some more.   Maybe they'll even go and get themselves some more screen names and start some more new topics.  The emotional immaturity here is over the top.  

Carry on.

10 minutes ago, stevea11 said:

pot calling kettle black

Show one post where I called someone here a bully, or any other name, other than the post I just made calling out all of you whiny-butts.  

I've never seen such abject stupidity before.  

1 hour ago, Roli said:

Show one post where I called someone here a bully, or any other name, other than the post I just made calling out all of you whiny-butts.  

I've never seen such abject stupidity before.  

I agree with you Roli. I've been watching BB from its inception and been on Mortys for years.  How sad to see the devolvement in the game and clearly here too. I may have just been dumb, or thought because I could see the "houseguests" in real time that they were playing a real game.  It's very clear to me now, how much of a role (the only role), that production has in things. Like a science project they have the control group.  There are a few variables that can come into play, but ultimately, they control the whole thing.  I've been naive for years.  What's obvious now is that this season of "picks" are just not good actors and want to just make it to jury.  What happened to wanting to win?  How I long for the days of Kaysar and hard working people who might have made dumb mistakes in the game, but were solid individuals, with good hearts.

I'm going to keep tabs on this season, BB and Mortys is part of me.  It's become a ritual of my summer life.  But, this season holds no joy for me.  And I don't mean because they are annoying.  All houseguests become annoying at this stage of the game.  It's because no one (except for the man baby with a beard) is actually playing to win.

20 minutes ago, Keepittogether said:

I agree with you Roli. I've been watching BB from its inception and been on Mortys for years.  How sad to see the devolvement in the game and clearly here too. I may have just been dumb, or thought because I could see the "houseguests" in real time that they were playing a real game.  It's very clear to me now, how much of a role (the only role), that production has in things. Like a science project they have the control group.  There are a few variables that can come into play, but ultimately, they control the whole thing.  I've been naive for years.  What's obvious now is that this season of "picks" are just not good actors and want to just make it to jury.  What happened to wanting to win?  How I long for the days of Kaysar and hard working people who might have made dumb mistakes in the game, but were solid individuals, with good hearts.

I'm going to keep tabs on this season, BB and Mortys is part of me.  It's become a ritual of my summer life.  But, this season holds no joy for me.  And I don't mean because they are annoying.  All houseguests become annoying at this stage of the game.  It's because no one (except for the man baby with a beard) is actually playing to win.

I've been watching for awhile, but not since its inception.

The season that Andy Herren (sp?) won, I found myself to be very angry because I disliked him so much.  And I had to do some introspection to figure out why a reality television show would make me so angry.  The fact of the matter is, whoever wins or loses BB doesn't impact my life.  I don't place bets on reality television, so the outcome isn't going to make me richer or poorer.  My life won't be changed in any manner by the outcome.  

I'm entertained by watching the different personalities on the show and how they work with each other and against each other.  Yes, it would be nice if production didn't manipulate the show, but it is what it is.  They do it to try to garner the largest viewing audience, which we all know.  What mars the show is that some of the HGs are playing more to the cameras than they ever seemed to do, but there's nothing we can do about that.  And, like you said, what happened to wanting to win?  

8 minutes ago, Roli said:

And, like you said, what happened to wanting to win?  

This is my biggest problem this season. If a HG plays the game to win, even if I don't like them or their way of playing, I'm still happy that they played. Even Paul last season. Didn't like him, didn't like his game. But had to say that he deserved to be in that F2 seat. I don't really think that this time because he had too many advantages in this game. But then right now, I don't think any of them really deserves to win.

I detest Paul. That being said, he deserves to win because the game he's played. If someone, anyone removes him from the game they will gain massive points. If it continues this way I doubt anyone, even those who don't like Paul or his game play, can say that he doesn't deserve to win. Production has played too big a part in this season, but the HGs have allowed it to go on. In Survivor and BB it seems it always comes to a point where someone realizes that it's time for a big move, a game changer if you will. I still have hope for that.