Big Brother General Discussion

Thank goodness for Orwell last night on AfterDark.  Turned on AD and they were sleeping.  Was just about to turn to another channel and thank you for Orwell and the polls, comments, etc  I managed to watch for an hour. Thank you to POP TV & Orwell for making this season more interesting.  Always looked forward to the nights that Orwell was on.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Kaetra said:

And I'm sure they all have to thank the knife threatening dude from seasons way back for this "no knives" in the house Rule.

Yes - that IS what happened.  On day 10 of Big Brother 2, Justin Sebik threatened Krista Stegall with a knife.  Immediately afterwards, BB removed all sharp knives from the BB house and they have not allowed them since.  (Note: Justin Sebik was the first BB contestant from New Jersey.)

Krista Stegall later sued CBS for not doing more to prevent the incident, for not giving her adequate counseling after the incident, and for not doing a more thorough background check on Justin (who had a prior arrest for assault and theft, it turned out).

2 hours ago, JessicaRocks said:

Yes - that IS what happened.  On day 10 of Big Brother 2, Justin Sebik threatened Krista Stegall with a knife.  Immediately afterwards, BB removed all sharp knives from the BB house and they have not allowed them since.  (Note: Justin Sebik was the first BB contestant from New Jersey.)

Krista Stegall later sued CBS for not doing more to prevent the incident, for not giving her adequate counseling after the incident, and for not doing a more thorough background check on Justin (who had a prior arrest for assault and theft, it turned out).

She sued? I read an interview where she said she didn't even realize he had a knife at the time. 

As we come to the end of this season of BB I just wanted to comment that I have enjoyed reading the message boards.  Sure, we didn't always agree on things but the comments have been interesting.   I will miss coming to the boards and reading them after BB is over.

How many of you will be watching Celebrity BB?

19 minutes ago, MiMiLily said:

As we come to the end of this season of BB I just wanted to comment that I have enjoyed reading the message boards.  Sure, we didn't always agree on things but the comments have been interesting.   I will miss coming to the boards and reading them after BB is over.

How many of you will be watching Celebrity BB?

Me too.  I know some here didn't much like me, and there was some of that petty "shunning" going on (like in the house), but that's okay.  I still enjoyed reading the posts and also observing the game-playing going on here on this board.  It's been very entertaining.  

As for Celebrity BB, I'm not too excited about the tentative lineup.  I don't know if I want to try to tolerate Dog the Bounty Hunter.  Fall shows will be back on, so I may not bother.  

3 minutes ago, Roli said:

Me too.  I know some here didn't much like me, and there was some of that petty "shunning" going on (like in the house), but that's okay.  I still enjoyed reading the posts and also observing the game-playing going on here on this board.  It's been very entertaining.  

As for Celebrity BB, I'm not too excited about the tentative lineup.  I don't know if I want to try to tolerate Dog the Bounty Hunter.  Fall shows will be back on, so I may not bother.  

I enjoyed your posts even when I didn't agree. I think CelebBB will be shown during winter season break, like the one winter BB. Also, didn't they say something like the first episode would be broadcast but the rest on all access? I'm not sure if I heard that.

51 minutes ago, Roli said:

You figured me out! I tried to get everyone to gang up on you, but I'm no Rasputin! 

You know when we get right down to it - we are sort of like a big, somewhat dysfunctional, family and I mean it when I said I am going to miss reading comments. 

If I don't get a chance to say it before tomorrow- love you guys - take  care of yourselves.  MimiLily/kindofabbfan

I thought they said "Celebrity" BB was going to be on the network. I will try to watch it and if it is on the network I will definitely be here posting my thoughts on morty's. 

As the season comes to an end, it seems that some people's feelings are a little hurt. Hopefully, you will get over it very quickly. Although some comments were clearly personal and directed at certain individuals, I hope everyone will be back for celebrity BB or for next season. And most of all, hopefully, we will never have to suffer through another season filled with sheep. 

56 minutes ago, MiMiLily said:

You know when we get right down to it - we are sort of like a big, somewhat dysfunctional, family and I mean it when I said I am going to miss reading comments. 

If I don't get a chance to say it before tomorrow- love you guys - take  care of yourselves.  MimiLily/kindofabbfan

Hugs.  :grouphug:

1 hour ago, MiMiLily said:

Come back and post super celebrity thoughts! If not, you take care too. :)

2 hours ago, Roli said:

I worship you..you coined "car lashes" and "fun riot trip." Yep, people here sometimes act like they are personally invested but I think it's meant to get us all critically thinking about the difficulties of living in a house with strangers. :rolleyes:       Not much of a lineup but I will be checking in to read posts. 

1 hour ago, MiMiLily said:

It's been an interesting season to say the least. I pretty much like everyone around here, even the ones I disagreed with. Hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings with my smart ass remarks. My sense of humor isn't always understood. That being said... I'll miss most of you! ;)

Just now, Lamasquerade said:

I worship you..you coined "car lashes" and "fun riot trip." Yep, people here sometimes act like they are personally invested but I think it's meant to get us all critically thinking about the difficulties of living in a house with strangers. :rolleyes:       Not much of a lineup but I will be checking in to read posts. 

I don't really want to take credit for "car lashes".  

I loved the "summer sex camp" phrase that someone used a few times.  

I've had quite a few laughs on this board, and I want to say thank you to all for a good time.  

2 minutes ago, WOC said:

It's been an interesting season to say the least. I pretty much like everyone around here, even the ones I disagreed with. Hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings with my smart ass remarks. My sense of humor isn't always understood. That being said... I'll miss most of you! ;)

Same here.  I truly do hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings.  The only other message board I post on these days is a very serious one, so this one was a pleasant change.  

I got your sense of humor, WOC.