Big Brother General Discussion

9 hours ago, Aldrich said:

They've gone that far.  To bring someone in to try to sway the jury.  Really this must be a nightmare. What will they try next, threatening jury members family or kidnap their grammie til they vote for Paul?  Un-dam-believable. 

I found an article yesterday that said beginning as far back as season 8 complaints by former contestants had been filed with the FCC against BB for being fixed.  The FCC replied that there was nothing they could do about it because BB is not a game show and is for entertainment purposes only.  I tried to copy and paste it as well as posting it but it didnt seem to work.  

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, HeleneL said:

Actually for several years now they have  this Dr. Will come in and have a discussion with the jurors not necessarily to sway them but to have them judge the HG merits on gameplay rather than gut reaction to betrayal or as people have said "butthurt".  And if I'm reading this article right the jurors ain't buying it lol, except of course for Raven and Matt which doesn't surprise me one bit.   

Thanks,  Guess these past 3 years  I wasn't aware re Dr. Will's  visits.  Although never before have I been so absorbed by this process.  I hope Survivor doesn't end up the same way.  Totally corrupt.

7 minutes ago, PinkyLee said:

I found an article yesterday that said beginning as far back as season 8 complaints by former contestants had been filed with the FCC against BB for being fixed.  The FCC replied that there was nothing they could do about it because BB is not a game show and is for entertainment purposes only.  I tried to copy and paste it as well as posting it but it didnt seem to work.  

I don't understand why they think it is entertainment if they mess with the game.  They only thing that accomplishes is it pisses off the fans and probably some of the players.  This season I'm not sure the players are upset.  I hope they are and they don't vote for Paul to win.

25 minutes ago, Kas67 said:

If Jeff is for sure out as the finale interviewer, then production can hand the mic to Paul for future after show parties and possibly the jury round table discussion.  Then production can have Paul serve his Kool aid to the jury members and use his mind control techniques to TRY to sway them into voting for whoever production wants to win.  Maybe if Paul has a job (other than his gumpy clothing line) he can finally make his parents proud.  Hearing him tell Josh that he let his parents, friends, bandmates and fans down last year because he didn't win was nauseating.  He didn't seem happy to win $50k.  Spoiled greedy gnome!

Thats because Paul is a spoiled brat at the ripe old age of what 21?  He has no clue what the world is really like yet.  At the rate he is going Im not so sure he will ever figure it out.  

9 minutes ago, PinkyLee said:

Well there goes my plan to call FCC.  But still might just to let off steam.  I would imagine the FCC might (?) let CBS know about complaints but if it's been going on all these years them it's futile. 

2 hours ago, Fanvyface said:

Please don't hate me lol but.. Mr Nickson..What a nasty hateful rude son of a bitch. .if this jerk wins because of Queen weave Jessica's twitter desperado campaign  then Big Brother and CBS will be responsible  for giving some Bully  jerk off who was the worst player ever on BB a large sum of money because of  social media making him out to be worthy. .omg I respect his service as a Marine but All these Cody votes 100 times a Day per Person is pretty pathetic...I hope he can fix his pick up  truck that he left on the side of the highway knowing that he won because of the idiotic superficial people obsessed with his Stupid showmane with an ass  poking spoiled bitch who thought she was better  then everyone else..she needs to keep her fingers out of people's  orifices and stop helping herself to where she's not welcome..I can't stop ranting as this AFP is going to scumbags rather than to someone who made us laugh while secluded in a house being watched every minute for 3 months and playing this social experiment reality game we have all come to love called Big Brother and not Showmance lover..I'm done. .gnight

Perhaps Im wrong because NOOOO I did not have the live feeds but at times I would watch BB After Dark.  One thing I did notice about Cody was when he did talk and speak every other word out of his mouth was NOT the F bomb.  Which to me in many ways shows a person whom does know how to speak to others without cursing them off every other word.  As much as I do like Kevin that was one of the things I noticed about him with the F bomb dropping all the time.  From what I saw most of these people seemed to think their point would go across better if they cursed their way through it.  Along with yelling and screaming it as well of course.  For that alone he gets more of my respect.  

10 minutes ago, Aldrich said:

Well there goes my plan to call FCC.  But still might just to let off steam.  I would imagine the FCC might (?) let CBS know about complaints but if it's been going on all these years them it's futile. 

Im kinda sorry I started looking things up on the net now that I have..... BB will never be the same for me unless they do something huge for next time around.  Like go back to basics.  

9 hours ago, HeleneL said:

Actually for several years now they have  this Dr. Will come in and have a discussion with the jurors not necessarily to sway them but to have them judge the HG merits on gameplay rather than gut reaction to betrayal or as people have said "butthurt".  And if I'm reading this article right the jurors ain't buying it lol, except of course for Raven and Matt which doesn't surprise me one bit.   

Lord I hope and pray the people on jury dont buy into anything dished out in Pauls favor.  Something else I read yesterday was how a contestant was taken from the game because of breaking rules and not complying.  I forget who they said it was but it was pointed out how come Matt was taken out of the game for not complying with the slop rule.  One of the game rules is something like they cant stop complying with the rules to get another player further in the game.  Isnt that what Matt did?  

34 minutes ago, PinkyLee said:

Im kinda sorry I started looking things up on the net now that I have..... BB will never be the same for me unless they do something huge for next time around.  Like go back to basics.  

I understand.  As a newer viewer who swore I'd never watch those 'reality shows', I had enjoyed the first few seasons but this year has left a bitter taste for many of us.  Sad to see it happen, hope CBS/BB correct it.  If not, well it's had a great run.  Too bad, many people upset.  On to Survivor and for me, hope to get busy painting.

31 minutes ago, PinkyLee said:

Lord I hope and pray the people on jury dont buy into anything dished out in Pauls favor.  Something else I read yesterday was how a contestant was taken from the game because of breaking rules and not complying.  I forget who they said it was but it was pointed out how come Matt was taken out of the game for not complying with the slop rule.  One of the game rules is something like they cant stop complying with the rules to get another player further in the game.  Isnt that what Matt did?  

Exactly.  This is the problem.  There have been layers and layers of corrupt actions, or in Matt's case, inaction.  And it is totally unfair to the many HGs who get into this to try to play a fair 'game' to whatever level that used to be.  Just a huge pile upon pile of Dodo.  

This mess reminds me of the guy (or gal) who is happy and successful until they hook up with a negative person who gets them completely off their successful track and they end up with nothing and no one.  What a loss.

57 minutes ago, Newby said:

I don't understand why they think it is entertainment if they mess with the game.  They only thing that accomplishes is it pisses off the fans and probably some of the players.  This season I'm not sure the players are upset.  I hope they are and they don't vote for Paul to win.

If HGs aren't upset now, wait til they get home and find out that the fix was definitely in throughout this season and that we all knew it.  'Paul for the win' at every turn.  Cody is only one to see it from the beginning.   And how repulsive to watch these 3 last abusers/torturers that are left.  The Spawn of Satan and his minions.  Truly heartbreaking and unnecessary.  Can't wait to see teeny tiny Paul's mommy driving her Bentley.

Reminds me to go now and vote for Cody for America's fav !!

1 hour ago, Newby said:

The only one who made me laugh in this house was AT Raven telling all her lies.  Now some of these lies were pure entertainment!!  No one else even made me smile.  Not sure who you are voting for but I am voting for Cody, mainly to stick it to the rest of the pack.

Raven had the opposite effect on me. I damn near puked every time she open her mouth.

My AF vote goes to the same person for the same reason as yours!

fixed or not, the element of physical competitions always made it somewhat palatable to not 100% fix the game. What I can't believe is X calling herself an athlete and a competitor and accepting her position not to be able to compete physically, that's something that a true athlete would never do, accept a handout when not at his/her 100% shape. Pathetic.

Cody will vote Paul. He said that few times. He doesn't like him, but he respects his ability to accomplish the goal, something that no other HGs could get beyond, their feels as oppose to logic and merit.

The last show seeing Matt run like a hyena to Paul's court to tell the latest tidbit he got from Kevin, even though he said he'd keep it private ... I can't blame Cody being in the same room with these dumb POS SOBs.

20 minutes ago, AKay said:

fixed or not, the element of physical competitions always made it somewhat palatable to not 100% fix the game. What I can't believe is X calling herself an athlete and a competitor and accepting her position not to be able to compete physically, that's something that a true athlete would never do, accept a handout when not at his/her 100% shape. Pathetic.

Cody will vote Paul. He said that few times. He doesn't like him, but he respects his ability to accomplish the goal, something that no other HGs could get beyond, their feels as oppose to logic and merit.

The last show seeing Matt run like a hyena to Paul's court to tell the latest tidbit he got from Kevin, even though he said he'd keep it private ... I can't blame Cody being in the same room with these dumb POS SOBs.

I remember Cody BSing Paul IE:   'great game play Paul/I respect your game Paul'  yada yada,  all to pretend he respected him to set up faux relationship , but I never heard him say he would give Paul his vote.  When did you hear that?

27 minutes ago, Aldrich said:

I remember Cody BSing Paul IE:   'great game play Paul/I respect your game Paul'  yada yada,  all to pretend he respected him to set up faux relationship , but I never heard him say he would give Paul his vote.  When did you hear that?

well, that was that. He wasn't pretending and he WILL give his vote to Paul. Cody isn't good at pretending or setting up faux relationships.

It's pretty simple if you ever watched documentaries about primates. All primate troups have a distinct order. Cody is an alpha, dom. Paul is close but probably very strong beta, everyone else is lower on the pecking order and serves dom for scraps, constantly plotting how to survive and go up the social ladder, fighting among peers. Alphas are more concerned with projecting leadership than lying and plotting. When the alpha is taken out, strongest beta will step up.

Cody is a classic alpha, more strong than smart. Other male monkeys want to be like him and female monkeys want to have his babies. He will fight with other alphas and most of them will perish. The duration of rule of an alpha is very short. Usually he is replaced by another alpha very quickly. Betas, will float within a troop all their long life, but never rise to the top.

My point is, alphas have no need to plot, to setup fake relationships, to play social game. That's Cody. He says what he thinks, what he does.

4 hours ago, PinkyLee said:

Perhaps Im wrong because NOOOO I did not have the live feeds but at times I would watch BB After Dark.  One thing I did notice about Cody was when he did talk and speak every other word out of his mouth was NOT the F bomb.  Which to me in many ways shows a person whom does know how to speak to others without cursing them off every other word.  As much as I do like Kevin that was one of the things I noticed about him with the F bomb dropping all the time.  From what I saw most of these people seemed to think their point would go across better if they cursed their way through it.  Along with yelling and screaming it as well of course.  For that alone he gets more of my respect.  

ITA

3 hours ago, Aldrich said:

If HGs aren't upset now, wait til they get home and find out that the fix was definitely in throughout this season and that we all knew it.  'Paul for the win' at every turn.  Cody is only one to see it from the beginning.   And how repulsive to watch these 3 last abusers/torturers that are left.  The Spawn of Satan and his minions.  Truly heartbreaking and unnecessary.  Can't wait to see teeny tiny Paul's mommy driving her Bentley.

Reminds me to go now and vote for Cody for America's fav !!

completely agree with this - including voting for Cody!!

3 hours ago, AKay said:

well, that was that. He wasn't pretending and he WILL give his vote to Paul. Cody isn't good at pretending or setting up faux relationships.

It's pretty simple if you ever watched documentaries about primates. All primate troups have a distinct order. Cody is an alpha, dom. Paul is close but probably very strong beta, everyone else is lower on the pecking order and serves dom for scraps, constantly plotting how to survive and go up the social ladder, fighting among peers. Alphas are more concerned with projecting leadership than lying and plotting. When the alpha is taken out, strongest beta will step up.

Cody is a classic alpha, more strong than smart. Other male monkeys want to be like him and female monkeys want to have his babies. He will fight with other alphas and most of them will perish. The duration of rule of an alpha is very short. Usually he is replaced by another alpha very quickly. Betas, will float within a troop all their long life, but never rise to the top.

My point is, alphas have no need to plot, to setup fake relationships, to play social game. That's Cody. He says what he thinks, what he does.

Thank you for the interesting look at primates. Though some may not agree, this is not National Geographic and the house is full of human beings. Cody was trying hard to be fake and said so his self on his second go around in the house. It didn't last long, but he was trying.

3 hours ago, JessicaRocks said:

BTW...today is "International Talk Like A Pirate Day" (it comes every year on September 19th) so:

Arrrrr!  Avast ye scurvy dog Paul!  Your pillagin' days be numbered!  Savvy?  Prepare to be boarded!   [spoken in a deep, raspy voice]

:D

Arrr... Captain Paul order his mates (Josh and Xmas) to make the crew walk the plank!!  I still cannot find anything positive in the three remaining, I sure feel bad for the jury.  This is my first year participating with this sight and I enjoy it very much and felt welcome.  Thank you everyone❤️❤️❤️

5 hours ago, JessicaRocks said:

BTW...today is "International Talk Like A Pirate Day" (it comes every year on September 19th) so:

Arrrrr!  Avast ye scurvy dog Paul!  Your pillagin' days be numbered!  Savvy?  Prepare to be boarded!   [spoken in a deep, raspy voice]

Arrr I matey if you walk the plank and jump I swear Ill follow you....Alrighty  Captain Paul Ill do what you ask of me.  Captain Pauls responce as his matey jumps. "Gumpy I aint doing that"

3 hours ago, WOC said:

Thank you for the interesting look at primates. Though some may not agree, this is not National Geographic and the house is full of human beings. Cody was trying hard to be fake and said so his self on his second go around in the house. It didn't last long, but he was trying.

ITA!!

3 hours ago, WOC said:

:lol:  Shoot and I got dinged for a couple lines about my doggies.