Big Brother General Discussion

1 minute ago, Roli said:

Of course there's a lot of speculation by viewers, including that Paul was given answers.  

One would think that Cody was the first HG to ever face adversity and unfairness on BB the way some here are trying to justify his bad game play.  

He hit a few roadblocks and he gave up.  He decided to lay between Jessica's legs instead of trying to overcome obstacles.  He used Jessica to make it to jury, to the detriment of her game.  I suppose one could consider that good game play.....in a scumbag sort of way.  

I think you are jealous of their intimacy...since you see that act as an action of giving up when it is a separate thing given what we see of how that house formulates its responses to anyone trying to undermine Paul.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, NYROSE said:

I think you are jealous of their intimacy...since you see that act as an action of giving up when it is a separate thing given what we see of how that house formulates its responses to anyone trying to undermine Paul.

LOL, are you drinking?  

7 hours ago, NYROSE said:

Cameron for fan favorite to show that the whole show was crap. Hoping that the HG realize how they were manipulated and how the answers were given to P...so obvious...and vote for anyone but. Hope they get Cody on Survivor...he might just do well there.

I would also like to see Cody on Survivor.  I think he would shine at the comps on that show.

7 hours ago, Roli said:

I've never watched Survivor.  Does being an antisocial jerk work well in that reality show?  Or do you need to be a team player?  

He might not be an antisocial jerk if he were playing with someone with just half a brain.

9 hours ago, Roli said:

It WAS massively unfair.....to everyone but Paul.  But he did nothing to try to overcome the dilemma he found himself in.  He went off and sulked with Jessica.  That's the same as giving up.  One would think a soldier would do better than that.  He decided he hated everyone, instead of trying to work with people.  

Someone who can't even get along with their own family and has little to no friends won't do good in a scenario like BB.  He wasted a spot.  

I was under the impression Cody wasnt a super fan.  I think his intentions where to come in guns blazing win comps and win the game.  As soon as he realized its not just about winning comps he got lost not knowing what to do or how to overcome that.  We all knew his target right off was Paul.  Seems as soon as he found out Paul got 3 weeks of safety he saw right off what direction the game was going and maybe sorta gave up?  The direction to him being the others where just followers and puppets because as soon as Paul got his safety the others flocked to him leaving Cody in the dust other then Jessica of course.  Cody to me doesnt appear to be the type of person to kiss anyones butt for any given reason, even for 500,000.  I admire a person like that one of conviction whom doesnt go along with the crowd just to go along.  

All I know is BB sure has changed from when it first begin.  Not so much for the better either because now they are making it very clear CBS plays a huge part in what these house guests say do and who they like and dislike in general.  

3 minutes ago, PinkyLee said:

I was under the impression Cody wasnt a super fan.  I think his intentions where to come in guns blazing win comps and win the game.  As soon as he realized its not just about winning comps he got lost not knowing what to do or how to overcome that.  We all knew his target right off was Paul.  Seems as soon as he found out Paul got 3 weeks of safety he saw right off what direction the game was going and maybe sorta gave up?  The direction to him being the others where just followers and puppets because as soon as Paul got his safety the others flocked to him leaving Cody in the dust other then Jessica of course.  Cody to me doesnt appear to be the type of person to kiss anyones butt for any given reason, even for 500,000.  I admire a person like that one of conviction whom doesnt go along with the crowd just to go along.  

All I know is BB sure has changed from when it first begin.  Not so much for the better either because now they are making it very clear CBS plays a huge part in what these house guests say do and who they like and dislike in general.  

I agree, but they do have a chance to watch prior seasons when they're in seclusion before going into the house.  I don't think he bothered to watch much.  Also, he strikes me as the type of person who thinks people should acquiesce to his way of thinking rather than acclimating to the the situation he finds himself in.  IOW, he's too stubborn for his own good.  

9 hours ago, Roli said:

It WAS massively unfair.....to everyone but Paul.  But he did nothing to try to overcome the dilemma he found himself in.  He went off and sulked with Jessica.  That's the same as giving up.  One would think a soldier would do better than that.  He decided he hated everyone, instead of trying to work with people.  

Someone who can't even get along with their own family and has little to no friends won't do good in a scenario like BB.  He wasted a spot.  

I just don't think we saw what Cody was really like.  BB put him in an impossible situation (blindsiding him with Paul's 3-week safety, then forcing him to make a 2nd nomination in seconds with no preparation - all after already nominating 3 HG's)...there was really no way anyone could have recovered from all that (well, maybe with help from BB - which he certainly didn't get from that point on).

14 minutes ago, JessicaRocks said:

I just don't think we saw what Cody was really like.  BB put him in an impossible situation (blindsiding him with Paul's 3-week safety, then forcing him to make a 2nd nomination in seconds with no preparation - all after already nominating 3 HG's)...there was really no way anyone could have recovered from all that (well, maybe with help from BB - which he certainly didn't get from that point on).

He should have listened to Jessica instead of being the alpha male.  She was way better at the game than he was.  I didn't like her, but she should have outlasted him.  Without him, I think we would be seeing her in F3 right now.  

2 minutes ago, Roli said:

He should have listened to Jessica instead of being the alpha male.  She was way better at the game than he was.  I didn't like her, but she should have outlasted him.  Without him, I think we would be seeing her in F3 right now.  

I don't disagree with you on any of that (except that I did like her).

39 minutes ago, Roli said:

I agree, but they do have a chance to watch prior seasons when they're in seclusion before going into the house.  I don't think he bothered to watch much.  Also, he strikes me as the type of person who thinks people should acquiesce to his way of thinking rather than acclimating to the the situation he finds himself in.  IOW, he's too stubborn for his own good.  

True on the stubborn part my way or the highway attitude. But in the beginning we all saw who he wanted to align with and it was bulk over brains for sure.  Only meaning he was looking to take the comps.  In that aspect he wanted to be the brains behind it and lead them.  And we all know how far that got him lol.  Im sure he took the time to watch a few seasons before going in.  Or perhaps he only watched Pauls season that would be anyones downfall. 

It's hilarious that Paul and Josh were trash talking Cody last night - talking about how they "played" him so well.  Cody is like 35 and they are 22 and 23...I can certainly remember being at both those ages and their is a HUGE difference.  Cody was put in an impossible situation and did about all he could do with it.  He didn't really care whether they "played" him or not - they did their childish thing and are entirely smug about it...now.  I think when they get out, they will see things differently when they see it all played back to them.

One of the things I haven't seen much talk about is the issue of BB giving Paul all those "friendship" bracelets to give out on the very first broadcast.  When you stop and think about it - that was just one more "device" that BB gave Paul to further HIS game.

Look how it played out over the season:

1) Right off the bat, Paul made several allies by who he gave them out to (no one else in the house was given such a sanctioned "device" in which to gather allies) - the device of the friendship bracelets ALONE should have been enough advantage for BB to give him to offset him being the only veteran.

2) It messed with the strategy of some of the HG's right off the bat - e.g.: Cody, who wanted to use it to his advantage to not get evicted right away, while not wanting to let Paul think Cody would be one of his "yes" men...Paul picked up on that - it was hard to miss - and immediately started seeing Cody as an enemy.

3) The selected HG's were wearing the friendship bracelets the whole game - cementing for all to see their alliance with Paul, a visual reminder to all of king Paul's place in the game at all times.  It also gave Paul a legitimizing foundation to have his "friendship" meetings all season.

4) Raven gave her friendship bracelet to the visiting celebrity - again calling attention to PAUL'S friendship bracelets...Paul even made a big deal out of it with most of the house when Raven was evicted, with all his "concern" that Raven left the house without her friendship bracelet - it was SO important for Paul to make sure he got another one to her immediately (and so upstanding and true Kevin volunteers to give up his bracelet to give to Raven).

My God - does BB production really believe that we haven't seen how transparently they have been "Team Paul" from the beginning to the end of the season?!

33 minutes ago, JessicaRocks said:

One of the things I haven't seen much talk about is the issue of BB giving Paul all those "friendship" bracelets to give out on the very first broadcast.  When you stop and think about it - that was just one more "device" that BB gave Paul to further HIS game.

1) Right off the bat, Paul made several allies by who he gave them out to (no one else in the house was given such a sanctioned "device" in which to gather allies) - the device of the friendship bracelets ALONE should have been enough advantage for BB to give him to offset him being the only veteran.

2) It messed with the strategy of some of the HG's right off the bat - e.g.: Cody, who wanted to use it to his advantage to not get evicted right away, while not wanting to let Paul think Cody would be one of his "yes" men...Paul picked up on that - it was hard to miss - and immediately started seeing Cody as an enemy.

3) The selected HG's were wearing the friendship bracelets the whole game - cementing for all to see their alliance with Paul, a visual reminder to all of king Paul's place in the game at all times.  It also gave Paul a legitimizing foundation to have his "friendship" meetings all season.

4) Raven gave her friendship bracelet to the visiting celebrity - again calling attention to PAUL'S friendship bracelets...Paul even made a big deal out of it with most of the house when Raven was evicted, with all his "concern" that Raven left the house without her friendship bracelet - it was SO important for Paul to make sure he got another one to her immediately (and so upstanding and true Kevin volunteers to give up his bracelet to give to Raven).

My God - does BB production really believe that we haven't seen how transparently they have been "Team Paul" from the beginning to the end of the season?!

Agree completely.  The friendship bracelets were just a subtle psychological ploy.  Between those and the three week safety, it was very obvious whose name was going to be on the check.  I suppose we could all be wrong, but it's unlikely.  

29 minutes ago, JessicaRocks said:

Another thing was something I posted a few weeks ago. It was a clip from a tweet on the feed site. In it, Paul, Josh and a woman who I think was X (only hear her voice) are in HoH. Josh is talking about him having to go for that first apple. Paul sits up in the bed and leans toward Josh and says "you know that was put there for me, right?" And the woman says. "Well, he knows now."

So BB put in a few safety nets for Paul from day one. Stacking the deck through out the while game.

5 hours ago, Newby said:

I would also like to see Cody on Survivor.  I think he would shine at the comps on that show.

Cody on Survivor would be great.  And if Jess would be brought back to BB next year I would watch another year but also bringing  a few other vets from other seasons.  And if we could trust/believe production would back off.  We've seen that Jess has the instincts and without Cody there she could focus on winning.  

But if changes can't be made re production I doubt many long time viewers will return. 

1 hour ago, straykat said:

Another thing was something I posted a few weeks ago. It was a clip from a tweet on the feed site. In it, Paul, Josh and a woman who I think was X (only hear her voice) are in HoH. Josh is talking about him having to go for that first apple. Paul sits up in the bed and leans toward Josh and says "you know that was put there for me, right?" And the woman says. "Well, he knows now."

So BB put in a few safety nets for Paul from day one. Stacking the deck through out the while game.

I so hope more truth comes out soon.  All this is so irritating and totally unfair to the HGs who spent this summer believing it was truly a game and that they had a chance to win. Not to mention the viewers.

3 hours ago, JessicaRocks said:

I cant even recall who got the friendship bracelets.  Mark nor Matt got one did they?  If they didnt again just shows me that Paul out of the gate wanted to prey on the weaker players.  Heck if Raven got on lol we know she was weak all around gesh she was a waste of BB space for sure.

1 hour ago, Aldrich said:

But if changes can't be made re production I doubt many long time viewers will return. 

This is the first season I watched in a few years. I stuck with it even though it was so freakin predictable. I don't know if I'll watch the celebrity version. I'll probably check it out to see what's up with it. I just think they (production) need to change things up. Go back to no veto, no returning players, unless they all are returning, more luxury comps, no recruiting, etc. I'm sure we all have our own ideas. Nothing lasts forever though.

10 minutes ago, Lamasquerade said:

Cody didn't get a bracelet and that's what pissed him off and the reason he wanted Paul out. Cody was jealous.

Cody jealous of Paul?? Never ever noticed that thats for sure.  Cody doesnt strike me as the type of person to be jealous of anyone certainly not the likes of Paul.  Nor do I feel or think that a token gift such as a friendship bracelet would have swayed Cody in either direction.  

5 minutes ago, WOC said:

This is the first season I watched in a few years. I stuck with it even though it was so freakin predictable. I don't know if I'll watch the celebrity version. I'll probably check it out to see what's up with it. I just think they (production) need to change things up. Go back to no veto, no returning players, unless they all are returning, more luxury comps, no recruiting, etc. I'm sure we all have our own ideas. Nothing lasts forever though.

I agree the game was much better before they started to tweek it (like adding the veto)  I get they had to change things up and the veto wasnt a bad idea just stale and predictable now with all the super fans knowing how to go about using it correctly.  Years ago a good friend and myself filed out apts to be on the show and at the time I recall telling him heck yea Id love to be on that show because I knew I could easily live off of peanut butter lol.  However, now with SLOP being in play (yuck) and of course Im older now :( double YUCK its not in the big picture anymore.  Im not so sure Id be able to live in a house with so many different bodily functions going on from eating slop thats for sure.