Big Brother General Discussion

It wasn't much of a slap and if someone you considered a friend did that to you (that's a you in general) you wouldn't get all crazy about it and want to go off on them unless you're unhinged. BB is not going to do anything about it because it was nothing, if they were they would have did it. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, BigMcK said:

I'm convinced the whole thing is Rigged.  They would never agree to throw all of the competitions they have.  Like in the Race that Christmas won.  She could barely walk and everyone throws it to her. == Come on Man.................

And the thing is, not only was the entire house complicit in Christmas' HOH win, but production was TOTALLY complicit as well since the only way she could win was if BB never ONCE said "Go" (which is what actually happened).  I'd really like to see the raw, unedited footage of that comp to see how it really went down.

46 minutes ago, WOC said:

It wasn't much of a slap and if someone you considered a friend did that to you (that's a you in general) you wouldn't get all crazy about it and want to go off on them unless you're unhinged. BB is not going to do anything about it because it was nothing, if they were they would have did it. 

What happens on a future BB if a guy walks over and slaps a girl in a similar situation and calls her a dumb bitch? The precedence has now been set that it is ok. I wouldn't consider it to be a big deal if they had been playing around or even if Paul had done it in a joking manner, but clearly, this was not a joking matter nor did Paul intend it to be a joke.  

2 minutes ago, joystiick said:

What happens on a future BB if a guy walks over and slaps a girl in a similar situation and calls her a dumb bitch? The precedence has now been set that it is ok. I wouldn't consider it to be a big deal if they had been playing around or even if Paul had done it in a joking manner, but clearly, this was not a joking matter nor did Paul intend it to be a joke.  

It was barely a slap. I think the hate for Paul has driven people to think it was enough for him to be thrown out. Heck I'd love to see him go myself, but it wasn't hardly a slap. Alex has been hitting Jason all season with much more force. She's still there. BB isn't going to do anything. Plus Josh and Paul are "friends" and it didn't seem to faze Josh at all. Precedence, if any, was set when Alex began beating on Jason weeks ago.

1 minute ago, WOC said:

It was barely a slap. I think the hate for Paul has driven people to think it was enough for him to be thrown out. Heck I'd love to see him go myself, but it wasn't hardly a slap. Alex has been hitting Jason all season with much more force. She's still there. BB isn't going to do anything. Plus Josh and Paul are "friends" and it didn't seem to faze Josh at all. Precedence, if any, was set when Alex began beating on Jason weeks ago.

IMO, BB should have put a stop to Alex hitting early on. But back to Paul and Josh, it wasn't much of a slap, nevertheless, it was a slap, and, his demeanor and his comments showed that he was joking around. First, I don't hate Paul one bit. Second, even if I did, the evidence is on tape. Did he slap him? The answer is clearly yes. Was he joking around? The answer is clearly no. If this happened in a bar, on your job, at a sporting event, etc, the person that was slapped could easily file a police report and have the individual arrested on a charge of assault and battery. 

18 minutes ago, joystiick said:

IMO, BB should have put a stop to Alex hitting early on. But back to Paul and Josh, it wasn't much of a slap, nevertheless, it was a slap, and, his demeanor and his comments showed that he was joking around. First, I don't hate Paul one bit. Second, even if I did, the evidence is on tape. Did he slap him? The answer is clearly yes. Was he joking around? The answer is clearly no. If this happened in a bar, on your job, at a sporting event, etc, the person that was slapped could easily file a police report and have the individual arrested on a charge of assault and battery. 

They didn't stop Jessica from sticking her finger up hg asses even after they protested, so I doubt they would stop Alex from "clowning around" or whatever it's called when one person hits and the other laughs about it or stop anyone else. Putting your hands on someone when they do not consent or harming someone should be grounds for BB to take action.  

9 minutes ago, joystiick said:

If you think about it, CBS/BB IS THE LAW in the house.  Seriously, think about it - what would it take for the police to insist that they have the right to enter the BB house and arrest a contestant?  Obviously, if a contestant killed someone, attacked someone, threatened someone with a serious weapon...but at what point below that level would police respond to a complaint from say a family member of a contestant, and force their way into the BB house?

Early in this season, it was 100% apparent (from videos and from how HG's were reacting and from what they were saying) that some of the HG's actually and absolutely DID stick their hands inside the underwear of other HG's to actually insert fingers inside them.  From what I've seen, a case could absolutely be made for sexual assault if that had occurred anywhere outside the house/game.  What would it take for BB production staff to call in the police to arrest someone?  (And to be clear, I'm NOT trying to suggest that the slap that Paul gave Josh warranted having the police called into the house.)

What if one of the houseguests decided to press sexual assault charges after the show?  I really think there is enough video evidence to back up a testimonial complaint (while video does not show actual penetration, I think it's enough to eliminate any "he said/she said" element).

In a related vein, while it is apparent now (and for the last several seasons) that you must be 21 to be on BB - in the early seasons, they had several HG's that were UNDER 21.  Yet on several occasions, underage contestants drank alcohol in plain view on national TV without the police or anyone else doing anything about it.  While I realize that it is the norm in this country for underage kids to drink, they are usually held accountable when caught red-handed.  There was some talk at the time about this kind of activity, but really very little.  As I said above - CBS/BB is like their own police department for house...real police not allowed.

5 minutes ago, JessicaRocks said:

If you think about it, CBS/BB IS THE LAW in the house.  Seriously, think about it - what would it take for the police to insist that they have the right to enter the BB house and arrest a contestant?  Obviously, if a contestant killed someone, attacked someone, threatened someone with a serious weapon...but at what point below that level would police respond to a complaint from say a family member of a contestant, and force their way into the BB house?

Early in this season, it was 100% apparent (from videos and from how HG's were reacting and from what they were saying) that some of the HG's actually and absolutely DID stick their hands inside the underwear of other HG's to actually insert fingers inside them.  From what I've seen, a case could absolutely be made for sexual assault if that had occurred anywhere outside the house/game.  What would it take for BB production staff to call in the police to arrest someone?  (And to be clear, I'm NOT trying to suggest that the slap that Paul gave Josh warranted having the police called into the house.)

What if one of the houseguests decided to press sexual assault charges after the show?  I really think there is enough video evidence to back up a testimonial complaint (while video does not show actual penetration, I think it's enough to eliminate any "he said/she said" element).

I don't know anything about the fingers up the butt, so I won't comment on that. But, if there is sufficient video evidence of an assault, then so be it. 

20 minutes ago, Lamasquerade said:

They didn't stop Jessica from sticking her finger up hg asses even after they protested, so I doubt they would stop Alex from "clowning around" or whatever it's called when one person hits and the other laughs about it or stop anyone else. Putting your hands on someone when they do not consent or harming someone should be grounds for BB to take action.  

Could we expand a bit more on this.  When did Jessica do this and it appears to be more than one person from the wording.

4 hours ago, BigMcK said:

Remember in an early year BB, there was a guy who was drunk and just fooling around (I think) and put a knife to someone's throat.  He was kicked off the show immediately.  Paul slapping Josh should be no different.  That is serious.  This whole year is rigged.  When Christmas wins the running event and she can barely walk, it makes me wonder.  It is rigged this year.  The Producers are doing great harm to the future years.  I doubt if the ratings were down before this year.  I think they will be down in the future.  This is supposed to be reality, not scripted like "The Kardashians".

I've only been watching the last 3 years but have been informed of others removed for violent behavior.  I agree re ratings this year as CBS and/or their friends in other media keep all that is happening on social media, etc.  I have mentioned that most 'old timers'(those who have watched all thru years) most dropped out weeks ago.  They have been so disappointed and also felt it was fixed.

My question to those who feel Paul's attack was not a 'bitch slap'.  Can someone then explain to me what is a 'bitch slap'?  And those who comment re Jessica shoving fingers in people, she definitely should have been in some way punished/removed/etc.  And same for anyone touching another without permission.  This has just been horrible and I will continue to the end like so many hoping to see tiny teeny Paul get evicted or removed by BB.  But won't be holding my breath.  And I agree, next year many will have such negative opinion of BB I doubt it will be the draw it used to be.

32 minutes ago, BigMcK said:

Could we expand a bit more on this.  When did Jessica do this and it appears to be more than one person from the wording.

You could expand on it by reading all the stories and seeing the videos. Jessica comments on it herself. The first article I read about it was about how bb manages to cover the things they don't want shown like  Cody's transphobic comments and Jessica's calling Dom Davonne and Alex Pao Pao and the finger butt poking. Paul complained about it. Also a reference how she got close to Alex's Vijay. Yep, enough stories out there to read up on. Actually saw the video of her finger poking Matt in the yard. That happened when Cody was evicted.  She also explains raven and Cody hook up that was rumored.  Yep they slept in the same bed she says no sex though. I guess she gives interviews to keep relevant.

3 hours ago, bluesky said:

Paul's BB behavior scares me.  Maybe he's different in real life, we can only hope.  Otherwise, given how good he is at completely controlling others behaviors and actions and not allowing them to think for themselves, in just the right circumstances he could have the potential to become our next Charles Manson or Jim Jones.  I know that's a stretch, and unfair since I don't know the guy, but his actions this season totally give me the creeps.      

It scares me also.  And exactly like Manson and Jones, giving orders that their followers would carry out.  To think Manson ordered his crew to murder multiple people in 2 different homes, on different evenings, including a very pregnant woman.  And for no reason, not to get revenge just to show obedience.  And Jones convincing hundreds of people who literally did 'drink the koolaid knowing it would kill them.  And it is frightening and evil.  Both horrible actions by sick men, much like the horror we have been watching this season.  And presently seems Paul has broken Kevin.  When Kevin said he believes Paul and knows Paul never lied to him?!  Evil Paul is shrewd as he constantly keeps them seperated so that they don't exchange info.  Sadly/sickly shrewd.  

5 hours ago, Newby said:

It's bad enough that Paul slapped Josh (that might have been considered a friendly tap NOT) but calling him a F--ing Idiot, in addition to the slap, was enough to get him thrown out.  If a chest bump was enough to get the Hance guy thrown out, this was definitely enough to get Paul's ass thrown out.

I watched that video 3 times and I heard a slap.  I guess I have no idea what a bitch slap is. I mean he walks into the room, walks right over, slaps his face, calls him F---- idiot, what is that called?  A love tap between buddies?  He has treated Josh like the town fool.  And still Josh does not have the b---s to work to remove him.  Unbelievable.   And Xmas is just as evil as Paul.  

25 minutes ago, Aldrich said:

And Xmas is just as evil as Paul.  

She's pretty close.  

When all is said and done, I really don't understand why or how Christmas got selected over 100's of thousands of other people who applied to be on the show.  Her personality is like fingernails on a blackboard. 

2 hours ago, JessicaRocks said:

When all is said and done, I really don't understand why or how Christmas got selected over 100's of thousands of other people who applied to be on the show.  Her personality is like fingernails on a blackboard. 

She has a huge following on social media because of her fitness stuff. 

4 hours ago, WOC said:

Slapping aka tapping him on the face again was one thing but the words that followed?  Id not call anyone a friend if they ever said that to me.

1 hour ago, PinkyLee said:

Slapping aka tapping him on the face again was one thing but the words that followed?  Id not call anyone a friend if they ever said that to me.

And how is that different then what Alex did to Jason for weeks and weeks? She constantly berated him.

For all of you having hissy fits over Paul slapping Josh I'd recommend you contacting CBS and request they evict Paul. Good luck with that!

8 minutes ago, Lamasquerade said:

That's what happens when you make people think they can take advantage of you without doing anything. He should have bitched slap him back with a nice nomination and have the last laugh. 

Now that would have been funny! 

5 hours ago, JessicaRocks said:

In a related vein, while it is apparent now (and for the last several seasons) that you must be 21 to be on BB - in the early seasons, they had several HG's that were UNDER 21.  

Is 21 the age requirement throughout all the States to drink alcohol?  Here it varies from Province to Province.  Where I live it's 18 but cross a bridge and it's 21. So all the 18 year olds come here to frequent the bars but have to sneak back home without getting caught if they're driving.  Silly really coz you have to be 21 to vote lol.

It's Paul so it's wrong and that's it in a nutshell for everyone.  So much meanness in the house since day one yet only Paul, Alex and Xmas get called out for it.  Josh is an asshole, yet I see that they are all assholes. Just my opinion but everyone on the show past season 3 is an asshole. They all signed up for it, no one was forced to go in and if they don't like what goes on they can leave since they aren't held prisoners. If we don't like what goes on we can change the channel. 

5 minutes ago, Lamasquerade said:

It's Paul so it's wrong and that's it in a nutshell for everyone.  So much meanness in the house since day one yet only Paul, Alex and Xmas get called out for it.  Josh is an asshole, yet I see that they are all assholes. Just my opinion but everyone on the show past season 3 is an asshole. They all signed up for it, no one was forced to go in and if they don't like what goes on they can leave since they aren't held prisoners. If we don't like what goes on we can change the channel. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and I'm sure everyone understands they can change the channel and find something else to watch. Is this forum for open discussion, both positive and negative? Personally, I feel that this season is disturbingly different from past seasons, in a variety of ways.

1 hour ago, WOC said:

And how is that different then what Alex did to Jason for weeks and weeks? She constantly berated him.

For all of you having hissy fits over Paul slapping Josh I'd recommend you contacting CBS and request they evict Paul. Good luck with that!

So, are you his mother or something?  

15 minutes ago, PAULISABUNION said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and I'm sure everyone understands they can change the channel and find something else to watch. Is this forum for open discussion, both positive and negative? Personally, I feel that this season is disturbingly different from past seasons, in a variety of ways.

Yes it is a discussion and you will notice that I said "we" meaning all of us when I stated MY opinion. I read many things on this board that I already know, but it doesn't mean that people should stop saying it. I don't care for boring nor do I care for nastiness in the game but I still think what went on this season does not compare to Dick's season or even Cappy and Maggie's season...mayhem to say the least. As for this board I notice strong opinions about fav players don't go over well.  Sorry but I won't play kumbaya just so I can get a slap on the back for a "great post."  Paul ruled this game and goes down as one of the best in BB history. I hope he wins.