Big Brother General Discussion

1 minute ago, WOC said:

I agree with this. Cody made a smart play by trying to put Paul up. He should have told his "alliance" what time it was. Things may have played out differently.

Cody had the right reasoning. He knew Paul would suck up all the air in the room and that the other hg would be enamored with him. He said the reason he didn't tell the others is that he didn't want them to try to talk him out of it. He clearly didn't understand how important it was to keep his team informed and let them feel like they were part of the decision making process. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, PAULISABUNION said:

NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT

Well of course they have non-disclosure agreements, but people break those all the time (especially for the right amount of money, or like if they find themselves drunk or high enough).  No, really, think about it - how is that no former BB player or BB/CBS production staff member had like told some secret stuff to a friend or significant other and it found its way to the press?

So many people like to talk about e.g. government conspiracies, but I always consider how hard it is for 99.99% of all people to keep a secret.  How have so many people actually been super human enough to keep BB's secrets?

11 minutes ago, WOC said:

I agree with this. Cody made a smart play by trying to put Paul up. He should have told his "alliance" what time it was. Things may have played out differently.

I agree also - what the hell was Cody thinking not telling ANYONE what his intentions were?  That is something that is almost never done!

Even still, if he had just then put someone not in his alliance up instead of Christmas, things probably would have worked out (at least for that week).  But then - as I said before - you have to consider that he was caught completely by surprise and had to nominate an alternate in like 10 seconds.  This is something BB didn't think through on that "Pendant of Protection".  Part of that whole deal should have been: when it was revealed that Paul had the power, BB should have said something like - "the nomination ceremony will be paused for 2 hours while the HOH comes up with an alternate nomination" or SOME kind of production device which would have allowed him to gather his senses and regroup.

This is why I really think the "Pendant of Protection" was WAAAAY too much power to give anyone - not only did it give 3 WEEKS OF SAFETY (unheard of previously), but put the HOH in an incredibly difficult spot of having to make a snap decision without any time at all to think about it (also previously unheard of - even double evictions in reality give 10-15 minutes or so to decide).  So - as I see it - the part of the "Pendant of Protection"  that made the HOH have to give a snap important decision was a HUGE power ON TOP of the 3 WEEKS of safety from eviction!  If you look at all aspects of it - this was BY FAR the most potent power in BB history!

21 minutes ago, JessicaRocks said:

Well of course they have non-disclosure agreements, but people break those all the time (especially for the right amount of money, or like if they find themselves drunk or high enough).  No, really, think about it - how is that no former BB player or BB/CBS production staff member had like told some secret stuff to a friend or significant other and it found its way to the press?

So many people like to talk about e.g. government conspiracies, but I always consider how hard it is for 99.99% of all people to keep a secret.  How have so many people actually been super human enough to keep BB's secrets?

Probably because BB secrets really aren't that important. After the season is over, a week later nobody cares what happened on the show, or what any of the players are doing. They're simply not at all important after the show is finished.

Add a non-discloser agreement, and the players don't want to risk getting sued if they blab that production told them to do this, etc., etc.

Finally, CBS production is likely only giving advice or bonuses to benefit players. Nobody is going to blab about a benefit they got, and how it wrecked the game for everyone else. You think Paul is going to complain after the show is over?

1 hour ago, Canopus said:

Probably because BB secrets really aren't that important. After the season is over, a week later nobody cares what happened on the show, or what any of the players are doing. They're simply not at all important after the show is finished.

This is how I feel. When it's over, it's over. I could care less about what these people are up to after the game ends, especially this idiotic crew. But there are those people who apparently go to meet and greets with former HGs. Why, I have no clue?

This funny too because the other day Alex and Xmas were talking and one of them said (don't recall which one, I think Xmas) that Jess would try and hang out with them when the show was over to stay relevant! Lmao! Girls, none of you will be relevant. Welcome to the real world.

20 minutes ago, WOC said:

This is how I feel. When it's over, it's over. I could care less about what these people are up to after the game ends, especially this idiotic crew. But there are those people who apparently go to meet and greets with former HGs. Why, I have no clue?

This funny too because the other day Alex and Xmas were talking and one of them said (don't recall which one, I think Xmas) that Jess would try and hang out with them when the show was over to stay relevant! Lmao! Girls, none of you will be relevant. Welcome to the real world.

I can't even remember which HG is from one season to the next. I wouldn't ever have an interest in chatting or going to a party/event regarding a BB HG. None of them are relevant to anyone other than the folks who in that reality TV world. Jessica probably would get more attention than Alex or Xmas anyway, at least from dudes.

40 minutes ago, PAULISABUNION said:

I can't even remember which HG is from one season to the next. I wouldn't ever have an interest in chatting or going to a party/event regarding a BB HG. None of them are relevant to anyone other than the folks who in that reality TV world. Jessica probably would get more attention than Alex or Xmas anyway, at least from dudes.

Same here.  I'm not even enamored with REAL celebrities, so I'm definitely not eager to meet any of these bozos.  

1 hour ago, PAULISABUNION said:

I am always amused when someone comments on a player from season #whatever, and, I'm thinking, I can't even remember that person even being on BB (I have watched every season) and you remember what season they were on? If you gave me one of those match games where the players are on one side and the seasons are on the other, and, I had to draw lines to match the player with the season, I doubt if I could get 10%.

15 minutes ago, joystiick said:

What? Ain't that normal? Don't you do that when you meet a star?

:animated_rotfl::animated_rotfl:  Of course you do.  Shaking hands is old school.  I was about to FF his segment in DR when I saw his chin quiver like he was about to cry after getting a Friendship bracelet from Paul.  I'm so glad I didn't when I  heard him say the HGs were so stupid.  Should have voted Paul off in 1st week.  Made my day!!!

On 8/30/2017 at 8:09 AM, Gram02 said:

Shunning is a very powerful tool to use against a person and has resulted in very bad outcomes.  To be stuck in a house and  every person is shunning  you.  Kev was always the one who talked to the shunned person(to get their jury vote according to Josh ) now that would be gameplay.  Sadly Kev needs voted out if he wants to keep his sanity.

Kev does not understand taht he is supposed to shun...he showed how stupid he is when he believed Paul...his decency however is not marred by stupidity...he does not shun because he draws a line between game play and being friends and being human.

8 hours ago, NYROSE said:

what did Jason say, I am not remembering and to whom?

That's about Jason's SNAFU with the rape comments.  I happened to say it was all bluster on his part to impress Paul.  And a poster said - I don't care what excuse you make of it but what Jason said was foul -  Actually I wasn't making excuses for him but just stating my opinion.  Then other poster said AMEN.

20 hours ago, WOC said:

Jess won't want any kind of connection with Christmess after the show - her brand will suffer due to her behavior on the show and Jess is at least smart enough to not want that kind connection - besides - she will be too busy trying to repair her own reputation...

Christmas' brand will definitely suffer from her exposure on the show IMHO.  I don't have any kind of positive impression about her - I think she has been kinda mean, petty and classless.  And as far as her game play, really what has she done...she has done no more than Kevin, just lucked out hanging with the "cool kids".  How weird is it that a contestant with a broken foot is probably going to make the finals this season?

The more I think about it - as much as I dislike Paul, he is the ONLY person in the house who has actually done ANYTHING!  Paul tells the house what to do and they all follow blindly.  If Paul told them to jump off a bridge...I think they WOULD, with no questions or regrets.  Dumbest group of HG's ever.  They should revise the prizes for this season: $20,000 for the winner ('cause the winner deserves less than AFP), and $1,000 for runner up.  And those amounts are probably too generous!

15 hours ago, joystiick said:

What? Ain't that normal? Don't you do that when you meet a star?

You betcha! When I want them to give me money I do! I'd bend over and drop my drawers. Lift up my shirt. Pull the wig off my head. Stick out my tongue and say.....aaaaahhhhh. Has to be worth a few grand just to get me to stop.

31 minutes ago, JessicaRocks said:

Christmas' brand will definitely suffer from her exposure on the show IMHO.  I don't have any kind of positive impression about her - I think she has been kinda mean, petty and classless.  And as far as her game play, really what has she done...she has done no more than Kevin, just lucked out hanging with the "cool kids".  How weird is it that a contestant with a broken foot is probably going to make the finals this season?

Her brand is being a cross-fit superstar.  I doubt her stint on BB will hurt that.  Cross-fit enthusiasts don't seem to be all that concerned about how nice or classy someone is.  At least not the ones I know.  And now she's working out again, showing off her abilities and her body.  That can't hurt. JMO.

2 hours ago, graceomalley said:

Jess won't want any kind of connection with Christmess after the show - her brand will suffer due to her behavior on the show and Jess is at least smart enough to not want that kind connection - besides - she will be too busy trying to repair her own reputation...

Xmas is sitting pretty at the moment and if things go according to her plan and her sidekick win HOH she has nothing to worry about. I doubt no one will care about her behavior in the house. For those that watch BBAD, feeds, and CBS will know her behavior is not worse than anyone else in that house except Dom, Ramses, Jillian.   As for Jess she was skanky in the house and her brand is skank, so she has no worries.