Big Brother General Discussion

On 9/4/2017 at 11:59 AM, BigMcK said:

In past seasons there has been one or two women who have Adequate Cleavage.  It seems this year it is everyone and all clothes are designed to show said Cleavage.  This is fine with me, it just seems this season has changed a lot from previous ones.

I noticed that since Matt is gone, Raven shows less cleavage and takes less care with her rat nest extensions.  Woe is Raven! 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Lamasquerade said:

For anyone that believes there should be more punishment when rules are not followed and the season's disappointing houseguest all I can say is:. Protest=change the channel.

I'm not invested enough to go that far.  I still find it entertaining, even if the producers are stupid.  :popcorn:

1 hour ago, HeleneL said:

Bird got popped!!  LMAO!!  All that's needed now is decapitation unless Xmas' bandaid fix holds up.  Then someone can make him an offer he can't refuse.  

I think Paul would go to the mattresses over that bird!

6 minutes ago, WOC said:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm looking forward to more jury house video. Will Matt beat Cody down for wanting Raven? Will Cody finally admit to his undying love for Raven? Oh, so many questions!

Yeah well me too but Cody wanting Raven?  ROFLMBO!  This isn't As the World Turns or Days of Our Lives.  Bad enough Cody got together with Jessica but Raven???  OMG. Tough times ahead moneywise.  Jessica super high maintenance and then Raven moderately so because of her take on Go Fund Me but all those supposed medical bills for her, mama and brother?  :down:  

30 minutes ago, WOC said:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm looking forward to more jury house video. Will Matt beat Cody down for wanting Raven? Will Cody finally admit to his undying love for Raven? Oh, so many questions!

So many questions, so little footage. I can't wait to see Matts JH arrival. I want to hear him selling Raven for the win and watch everyone else die laughing. They may not even remember Raven.

15 minutes ago, HeleneL said:

Yeah well me too but Cody wanting Raven?  ROFLMBO!  This isn't As the World Turns or Days of Our Lives.  Bad enough Cody got together with Jessica but Raven???  OMG. Tough times ahead moneywise.  Jessica super high maintenance and then Raven moderately so because of her take on Go Fund Me but all those supposed medical bills for her, mama and brother?  :down:  

You heard all of the stuff Raven was saying right? Cody was trying to get with her. Cody tried to kiss her. Cody told her if since she couldn't have children it wouldn't work out. Supposedly Matt was going to go off on Cody when he sees him in the jury house. 

6 minutes ago, WOC said:

You heard all of the stuff Raven was saying right? Cody was trying to get with her. Cody tried to kiss her. Cody told her if since she couldn't have children it wouldn't work out. Supposedly Matt was going to go off on Cody when he sees him in the jury house. 

Oh please   oh PLEASE     let Matt take a swing at Cody in JH. That would be better than PPV fight night.

4 minutes ago, WOC said:

Oh yeah, delusional Raven.  lol  It will be interesting to see the interaction between Cody and Matt.  I think a good part of Friday's special edition might be devoted to some Jury house footage.  At least I hope so.  They tend to show more of it with each eviction now that we're nearing the end and Thursday is a double.  Still not certain who goes Thursday's first round but hope Raven goes in the second round.

55 minutes ago, fredtheturtle said:

Last night when Paul lost it because Raven keeps talking to him,  I thought Hey Paul payback is a MF.  You wanted to keep her so enjoy her constant stories that will slowly drive you insane.  

You know, I really think that if I was on BB, the number 1 criteria I would use to evict people would be how annoying/irritating they are.  But over the years, I've noticed that HG's are almost NEVER evicted for that reason (or at least not until others are evicted ahead of them).  I would have pushed for Raven's eviction WEEKS ago - 'don't know how they stand her!

[And I've noticed the same thing is true on Survivor - they never vote off the most irritating ones until late in the game.]

2 hours ago, JessicaRocks said:

You know, I really think that if I was on BB, the number 1 criteria I would use to evict people would be how annoying/irritating they are.  But over the years, I've noticed that HG's are almost NEVER evicted for that reason (or at least not until others are evicted ahead of them).  I would have pushed for Raven's eviction WEEKS ago - 'don't know how they stand her!

[And I've noticed the same thing is true on Survivor - they never vote off the most irritating ones until late in the game.]

In the early days Raven was pitied for her disease and HGs wouldn't even think of voting her off.  If she had left it at that and kept her mouth shut she would be taken to F2 and probably be a winner.  However she started inventing or perceiving many other ailments all the while intensifying showmance with Matt to the point that the HGs started wondering if she was legit or not.  Now they believe she is just annoying and we're nearing the end of the season so they now decide she has to go which should have been 8 weeks ago.

7 hours ago, HeleneL said:

In the early days Raven was pitied for her disease and HGs wouldn't even think of voting her off.  If she had left it at that and kept her mouth shut she would be taken to F2 and probably be a winner.  However she started inventing or perceiving many other ailments all the while intensifying showmance with Matt to the point that the HGs started wondering if she was legit or not.  Now they believe she is just annoying and we're nearing the end of the season so they now decide she has to go which should have been 8 weeks ago.

In the beginning, didn't I read somewhere that Paul and Xmas wanted Raven to win and that was their priority?  Strange how that now seems to have been forgotten by those 2 superstars.(in their minds only)  

Re Raven,  really sad case.  Seems she has been raised to be totally focused on her physical issues, true or imagined.  She seems to come from family not necessarily focused on education.  And so her entire being and reason for living is her disease, (again real or imagined)  These weird diagnosis she spouts are hilarious and she presents them so forcefully, seems she believes them to be truth.  And the fact that Matt was involved with someone on that level shows us his true character.  Nonexistent IMO.  Again possibly lacking much education/life experiences.  An odd couple, to say the least.  Thankfully we won't have to watch him scraping the bowls with his fingers!  Ugh!  

You know, I think there's a major factor in this year's game that everyone has pretty much forgotten about: namely, the FULL impact of the week Cody won HOH and tried to nominate Paul.

Here is what all transpired in that week: Cody won HOH, then nominated Jillian and Megan.  Then Megan self-evicted, so Cody had to nominate a replacement and he nominated Alex.  Paul won the Pendant of Protection (3 weeks of safety from eviction), but no one knew anything about it at the time.  

At the veto meeting, Cody attempted to nominate Paul for eviction, but was notified of Paul's 3 weeks of safety. (Also remember here that until the second Cody tried to nominate Paul, Jody were TOTALLY running the house.)

Cody then nominated Christmas, and the full ramifications of this event have been greatly underestimated IMHO: 1) no one, least of all Cody, had any idea that Paul (or anyone else for that matter) had any secret power that protected them from being even nominated, 2) because of the surprise nature of the Pendant of Protection, Cody was forced to IMMEDIATELY nominate someone else - something he was totally unprepared for, 3)  no one in the history of BB has EVER had to decide on a nomination so quickly before...with double evictions, even though they are normally told they must immediately make nominations, the reality is that they usually wind up with 10-20 minutes to decide - in this case Cody had like 10 seconds to decide, 4)  if he had had the normal day or so to work out an alternate nominee (like he had when he decided to nominate Paul, not knowing he would need a backup plan), he might have nominated someone entirely different.

(It just occurred to me that this was a MAJOR flaw in the Pendant of Protection power: BB should have set it up so that Cody would have had more time to decide on an alternate nominee - at the very least 30 minutes, but probably 2 hours or even the usual day they have to decide on nominations.)

So in the course of a single week, Cody had nominated Jillian, Megan, Alex, Paul and Christmas - 5 people...that's a lot of blood for one houseguest to get on his hands in LESS than a week.  I can't remember anything like this ever happening before in the history of BB: pissing off 5 people in one week by nominating them.  Plus the stress of having to make that many nominee decisions over a period of about 1 day!  Since HOH winner can't play 2 weeks in a row, one HOH could not nominate so many in one double eviction week.

Though Christmas was Cody's target, the whole house was so surprised/incensed about him nominating Christmas (seemingly out of the blue) that they evicted poor, sweet Jillian (and so we never got to really know her at all - she might have been someone we viewers could have liked).

That was a big (impossible?) hurdle set up that week that has effected the entire game: it is what turned the entire house against Cody (and Jessica by association, then eventually Mark and Eleana by association) plus it set Paul up as the house Yoda.  Let's hope BB has learned their lesson and never puts a power like that (Pendant of Protection) into the house again.  

19 minutes ago, JessicaRocks said:

You know, I think there's a major factor in this year's game that everyone has pretty much forgotten about: namely, the FULL impact of the week Cody won HOH and tried to nominate Paul.

There were also other details that set up the rest of the game. Cody had never brought Paul into his group. Paul pushed his way in using Xmas as his connection. Cody did not want to work with Paul in any way. Unfortunately, the other's had accepted him into their group because he seemed to be with Xmas and Cody never told the other's that he didn't want Paul in the group and his reasons why. Cody's knee-jerk reaction to Paul being safe was to go after the person he thought was closest to him, Xmas. To the other's, this seemed like he was just attacking their "group". And they freaked out.

The problem with Cody was that he wasn't a good leader. He should have gone instantly into damage control mode and talked his ass off to the other couples about his reasons and how Paul now had a huge advantage over everyone of the new HGs. But he just doesn't have the people skills to work with these people. He seems like the loner type and he pushed people away rather than try to pull them back in.

2 hours ago, Aldrich said:

In the beginning, didn't I read somewhere that Paul and Xmas wanted Raven to win and that was their priority?  Strange how that now seems to have been forgotten by those 2 superstars.(in their minds only)  

Re Raven,  really sad case.  Seems she has been raised to be totally focused on her physical issues, true or imagined.  

Don't specifically recall Paul and Xmas comments but there was one HG (don't remember who) said if he won he'd be willing to hand over his winnings to Raven and I thought "he's out of his mind!!  Why would you sign up just to give it away".

I thought I'd check out her Facebook page today and saw that hers and Mamas personal pages have been closed.  There was a Raven Walton GoFundMe page and interestingly enough it too has been closed and people were offered refunds.  Target was $200K and had collected only a little over $4K.   A lot of people are angry at being scammed.  Another group of GP sufferers are also angry at Raven's fibs and exaggeration about this disease.  They are worried that her nonsense has set back their chances of raising awareness and funds to provide research and possibly better treatments or even a cure for this.  Talk going around about her dance studio and new car funded by donations.  Social media and word of mouth are powerful tools and she is in for a rude awakening when she gets out of that house.

1 hour ago, straykat said:

There were also other details that set up the rest of the game. Cody had never brought Paul into his group. Paul pushed his way in using Xmas as his connection. Cody did not want to work with Paul in any way. Unfortunately, the other's had accepted him into their group because he seemed to be with Xmas and Cody never told the other's that he didn't want Paul in the group and his reasons why. Cody's knee-jerk reaction to Paul being safe was to go after the person he thought was closest to him, Xmas. To the other's, this seemed like he was just attacking their "group". And they freaked out.

The problem with Cody was that he wasn't a good leader. He should have gone instantly into damage control mode and talked his ass off to the other couples about his reasons and how Paul now had a huge advantage over everyone of the new HGs. But he just doesn't have the people skills to work with these people. He seems like the loner type and he pushed people away rather than try to pull them back in.

Oh, no doubt Cody would have blown up his own game no matter what, but that one fateful week when he was HOH, had Paul's super safety sprung on him, had to put 5 people on the block in less than 24 hours, including having to nominate someone on the spot in like 10 seconds put him into a position that NO ONE could have recovered from...THAT was my point.

2 hours ago, JessicaRocks said:

Oh, no doubt Cody would have blown up his own game no matter what, but that one fateful week when he was HOH, had Paul's super safety sprung on him, had to put 5 people on the block in less than 24 hours, including having to nominate someone on the spot in like 10 seconds put him into a position that NO ONE could have recovered from...THAT was my point.

Even with all that went wrong for Cody the first week, I think the fatal flaw was the fact that he did not tell his alliance what the plan was in advance. I think if had told everyone, when things went bad, the alliance would have held together. But not telling them made him look shady and like someone who could not be trusted. He had the right plan, but, his poor execution doomed the alliance. 

Anybody ever wonder what exactly BB/CBS holds over the heads of past BB players?  I mean, think about the fact that there has NEVER been an expose of the game.  We all KNOW that BB/CBS is manipulating the game - sometimes likely in VERY overt ways, and other times probably in just simple manipulative ways (at the VERY least, the production staff is surely manipulating the players during Diary Room sessions).  How is it that out of several hundred former players, NOT ONE has come out and spilled the beans (and not even a current or former CBS/BB staff member)?

One explanation COULD be that the entire thing is done totally on the up and up, with no funny business by BB/CBS whatsoever...but I think we all know that there's a better chance of Santa Clause being real than that being the case.

1 minute ago, JessicaRocks said:

Anybody ever wonder what exactly BB/CBS holds over the heads of past BB players?  I mean, think about the fact that there has NEVER been an expose of the game.  We all KNOW that BB/CBS is manipulating the game - sometimes likely in VERY overt ways, and other times probably in just simple manipulative ways (at the VERY least, the production staff is surely manipulating the players during Diary Room sessions).  How is it that out of several hundred former players, NOT ONE has come out and spilled the beans (and not even a current or former CBS/BB staff member)?

One explanation COULD be that the entire thing is done totally on the up and up, with no funny business by BB/CBS whatsoever...but I think we all know that there's a better chance of Santa Clause being real than that being the case.

NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT

25 minutes ago, joystiick said:

Even with all that went wrong for Cody the first week, I think the fatal flaw was the fact that he did not tell his alliance what the plan was in advance. I think if had told everyone, when things went bad, the alliance would have held together. But not telling them made him look shady and like someone who could not be trusted. He had the right plan, but, his poor execution doomed the alliance. 

I agree with this. Cody made a smart play by trying to put Paul up. He should have told his "alliance" what time it was. Things may have played out differently.