Big Brother General Discussion

On 8/30/2017 at 8:42 AM, Canopus said:

The general problem with reality shows, is that a-holes tend to be the ones who make it to the end. Whether it be Survivor (which I no longer watch because it's always the same), or Big Brother, etc.  People that are nice and you want to win, seldom do. It certainly won't happen this season.

I pretty much realized that the A-holes get to the end in Big Brother US-CAN-UK-AU, Survivor and to a smaller extent The Amazing Race (due to their "Strategic" Non-Elimination Legs) early on because they are the ones most talked about in the various social media outlets. Most viewers like the show for the drama that it brings and some like it when the HGs are down-right cruel. I agree with you on wanting nice people to win, and it does happen sometimes. Drama always ensues even when the a-holes are evicted because the nice people have to turn their sights on each other. Maybe there is less cruelty and nastiness which drops the ratings and that speaks volumes for the state of our society, very sad. We also have to remember that the HGs are put in an enviroment that causes stress and stress can make people do and say things they don't mean or at least later regret. With the possible exception of players like Evil Dick. I still root for the HGs I perceive as nice and/or the underdog. I don't watch live feeds or BBAD or anything other than what CBS airs 3 nights a week so thats all I have to go on. Sorry for the ramble, I'm done.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just FYI, I don't often get the chance to watch BB when its on, I have to record it and watch it later so I get behind in reading and replying to posts. That said...

In response to all the posts about religion (those that I read anyway) I feel the need to point out that just because you follow a religion doesn't mean you're perfect or better than someone who doesn't. We're all human and fall prey to all that entails. Everyone, as far as my personal experiences go, religious or not, does something at sometime that can be frowned upon. They get judged by most who witness it because that is human nature. Those who are judging, I'm sure, have plenty of skeletons in their closet too. The very act of judging people is frowned upon by many as being wrong or a sin. So my point is, religious people have just as many faults and problems as those who aren't religious and shouldn't be held to a higher standard than anyone else when on a gameshow such as this one. This is just my opinion though, but think about it.

10 hours ago, JessicaRocks said:

My least favorite houseguest this year far and away has to be Josh.  He is so strange - switches back and forth between being a bully and a cry baby.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Josh gets out of the house and discovers that the other HG's had NO respect for him at all - that they just played him for a fool for all he was worth the whole season, often using him to do their dirtiest work and always at least the manipulated vote to further their own game play.  Whenever he jumps in to vilify the next victim on the house's list, his arguments are always the most ridiculous, nonsensical, empty and bellicose of anyone's in the house.  It amazes me that the victims almost always seem to let him get the last word in, even though his arguments are so hollow and pointless.

He retains the mental capacity of a self indulgent eight year old. You can't argue with a child. 

45 minutes ago, Jcrow said:

Just FYI, I don't often get the chance to watch BB when its on, I have to record it and watch it later so I get behind in reading and replying to posts. That said...

In response to all the posts about religion (those that I read anyway) I feel the need to point out that just because you follow a religion doesn't mean you're perfect or better than someone who doesn't. We're all human and fall prey to all that entails. Everyone, as far as my personal experiences go, religious or not, does something at sometime that can be frowned upon. They get judged by most who witness it because that is human nature. Those who are judging, I'm sure, have plenty of skeletons in their closet too. The very act of judging people is frowned upon by many as being wrong or a sin. So my point is, religious people have just as many faults and problems as those who aren't religious and shouldn't be held to a higher standard than anyone else when on a gameshow such as this one. This is just my opinion though, but think about it.

No one is holding anyone to a higher standard. Their behavior is disturbing... I hope GOD hears her prayers. I have a family member, married into the family. This person protrayed a certain manner of a religious way of life, no drinking, no smoking, modest dress, no cursing.. many rules. Then one day, after a few years of us making sure we never did anything offensive, she shares very sordid details of her current manner of living with me, only me. I asked her about all her rules, expressed my confusion, not judgment, confusion. Turns out, she drinks, smokes, curses... lied, and that real wopper. She explained Jesus died for our sins, and we're all sinners that will continue to sin and Jesus forgives every sinful second we breath, yada, yada. She explained that she lives her life as she does because Jesus forgives her for each & every single, sin. Umm,  Bless her heart. Contradiction? Hypocritical? Mockery? 

1 hour ago, PAULISABUNION said:

No one is holding anyone to a higher standard. Their behavior is disturbing... I hope GOD hears her prayers. I have a family member, married into the family. This person protrayed a certain manner of a religious way of life, no drinking, no smoking, modest dress, no cursing.. many rules. Then one day, after a few years of us making sure we never did anything offensive, she shares very sordid details of her current manner of living with me, only me. I asked her about all her rules, expressed my confusion, not judgment, confusion. Turns out, she drinks, smokes, curses... lied, and that real wopper. She explained Jesus died for our sins, and we're all sinners that will continue to sin and Jesus forgives every sinful second we breath, yada, yada. She explained that she lives her life as she does because Jesus forgives her for each & every single, sin. Umm,  Bless her heart. Contradiction? Hypocritical? Mockery? 

Depending on the religion and what it says you should or shouldn't do she could be contrary. If she 'preaches' to others for them to stop smoking, drinking, cursing etc. she definitely is being hypocritical. If she is doing all that in front of others just to make a point against said religion, it is a mockery. I don't know the whys of it but it could even be all 3 at once.

Some people posting here, by what they posted, are holding these certain religious people to a higher standard. People in my life hold people of faith to a higher standard (I don't but I still love those in my life who do). If people posting about this here weren't holding the religious HGs to a higher standard they wouldn't be pointing out the fact that they are religious and doing such and such.

7 hours ago, hazelnutz said:

This is one show that I would love to see a reunion. I should probably be ashamed of myself. I really would love to hear them admit how stupid they were. I just don't know if they will even get it. Josh thinks they are all awesome!  lol

Every year, what ever cast they put in the house, they always think they are the greatest bunch of people to ever grace the BB house. I can't imagine why this crew thinks they are great. 

On 9/1/2017 at 10:29 AM, JessicaRocks said:

Yes, this year has been nothing but the entire house against the 3 showmances.  Every week someone found an excuse to call one of those 6 a horrible human being who had no right to breathe the same air as the rest of them and then they bullied and hounded them until they were gone.  Most of those left are the really despicable ones: especially Paul, Josh and Christmas.  Raven is simply super irritating and Jason is a super misogynist (rape jokes).  I liked Alex in the beginning, but she has turned out to be a pretty hateful person.  I'm not sure what to think of Kevin - he has mostly been a floater/flip-flopper.  I would have really liked to have seen Jessica, Elena and Mark last longer in the game...and I think Jillian went WAY too soon - 'would have liked to have learned more about her.  I have NO idea how Megan got on the show.

Jessica,  Cody and Josh we're the first aggressive hg in the house.  Jessica conversation with Cody and Mark was to pull Alex by hair hair and drown her.  Josh jumping on Megan and Cody with his "outsiders" and "I just don't like you" set the course for this game.

I'm pretty sure BB had a huge hand in Paul getting the 3 weeks of safety gift - one way or another.  If that particular "temptation" had not been in the game...or if ANYONE else had won it, this entire season would have been entirely different.  Paul would have never lasted past week 3 or 4 otherwise.  Isn't it odd that in the previous 18 seasons, BB has never had a twist that gave anyone anywhere NEAR this much power?

It's so weird and unexplainable: in every past season, if there were ANY veterans in the house - the very first and highest priority was to get them out of the house as soon as possible (cause who wants to see someone get a second chance to win it, when the rest of them haven't had their first chance yet)...yet this season, everyone seems to be intent on carrying Paul to the very end.  No one has said even one word about riding Paul's coattails to get near the end and then dumping him - no they all want to take him with them TO THE VERY END.  And, I don't even remember ANYONE, even ONCE, saying they want to take Paul to the end because they think they can beat him in the jury vote.  No, everyone seems to want to take Paul to the end so that PAUL CAN WIN.

I don't get it.  Why is everyone so intent on giving Paul the $500k?

29 minutes ago, JessicaRocks said:

I'm pretty sure BB had a huge hand in Paul getting the 3 weeks of safety gift - one way or another.  If that particular "temptation" had not been in the game...or if ANYONE else had won it, this entire season would have been entirely different.  Paul would have never lasted past week 3 or 4 otherwise.  Isn't it odd that in the previous 18 seasons, BB has never had a twist that gave anyone anywhere NEAR this much power?

It's so weird and unexplainable: in every past season, if there were ANY veterans in the house - the very first and highest priority was to get them out of the house as soon as possible (cause who wants to see someone get a second chance to win it, when the rest of them haven't had their first chance yet)...yet this season, everyone seems to be intent on carrying Paul to the very end.  No one has said even one word about riding Paul's coattails to get near the end and then dumping him - no they all want to take him with them TO THE VERY END.  And, I don't even remember ANYONE, even ONCE, saying they want to take Paul to the end because they think they can beat him in the jury vote.  No, everyone seems to want to take Paul to the end so that PAUL CAN WIN.

29 minutes ago, JessicaRocks said:

Maybe the show promised to give the other HG extra money, or a chance to be on a TV show or something to make EVERYONE carry Paul on his throne to the very end.  WHY, does BB want Paul to win so badly?  Is it just to piss off so many of the viewers?  If so, they are doing a great job.

5 hours ago, JessicaRocks said:

In a season of Allstars, they gave Boogie a veto or something that was good for like 5 weeks or something. It was secret and he could using it on anybody. My memory ain't that good, hopefully one of the other people remember the power and can fill us in on exactly how it work. 

A longer article posted in The NY Daily News on line today. This one calls out Jessica's vagina and butt finger poking, Jason's rape comments and Alex's response to Jason's comments.  Julie Chen has only commented on Jason's remark regarding Kevin's wife. It also talks about how fans are pretty much disgusted with this season. My guess is that everyone is more upset that Paul is killing it more than the crap that goes on in the house. 

1 hour ago, joystiick said:

In a season of Allstars, they gave Boogie a veto or something that was good for like 5 weeks or something. It was secret and he could using it on anybody. My memory ain't that good, hopefully one of the other people remember the power and can fill us in on exactly how it work. 

I don't remember that one, but I'm guessing that once he used it, it was over...so only a 1 week and done power really (and if it was something to do with veto, it probably didn't guarantee actual safety for Boogie for even 1 week).

The 3-week safety power that Paul had this season kept him safe for 3 actual weeks.  I can't remember anyone getting even 2 weeks of safety from BB at one time with a single power before this.  The veto player replacement power that Christmas was given this season was good for the whole season (I think), but it was a 1-time and done power (though it was a pretty weak, lame power at that).

10 minutes ago, JessicaRocks said:

I don't remember that one, but I'm guessing that once he used it, it was over...so only a 1 week and done power really (and if it was something to do with veto, it probably didn't guarantee actual safety for Boogie for even 1 week).

The 3-week safety power that Paul had this season kept him safe for 3 actual weeks.  I can't remember anyone getting even 2 weeks of safety from BB at one time with a single power before this.  The veto player replacement power that Christmas was given this season was good for the whole season (I think), but it was a 1-time and done power (though it was a pretty weak, lame power at that).

Was anyone aware of any voting for Paul's Temptation?  I had not heard of any voting at that time.  Did I totally miss that?  Seems like all of a sudden BAM!  Paul wins 3 weeks safety.  Am I the only person confused by this.

I've been wishing Josh out since he took the golden apple.  I actually liked Alex until I started watching the feeds and seeing what a truly vicious and mean person she is. The way she had everyone do a Coke toast in front of Kevin after he was made a have not for 3rd week in a row. Why? She's cruel. 

And mysogonist Jason, just awful. And Christmas who thinks she's so awesome and smart, ugh. And Raven's constant pointless lying/tall tales.

I haven't disliked a group this much since Amanda and MaCrae. Can't wait until it's over.

1 hour ago, Aldrich said:

Was anyone aware of any voting for Paul's Temptation?  I had not heard of any voting at that time.  Did I totally miss that?  Seems like all of a sudden BAM!  Paul wins 3 weeks safety.  Am I the only person confused by this.

I believe Pauls temptation was the first one voted on by the public. Since Paul had just played last year, it was almost a guarantee that he would win the vote. 

1 hour ago, joystiick said:

I believe Pauls temptation was the first one voted on by the public. Since Paul had just played last year, it was almost a guarantee that he would win the vote. 

Yeah, I kinda believe BB planned it that way.  It may be that they were simply looking for a way to keep the veteran from being evicted immediately, but it seems to me they over-engineered it.  Might have been better if it were a 2-week safety instead of 3.  With 3 weeks, it was almost a given that Paul could worm his way into everyone's graces by then.

Now that I think about it - I'm wondering if the entire thing was thought up by and choreographed by BB: bring in a vet, give him 3 weeks of safety AND tell the vet to give invaluable advice for those 3 weeks making everyone think they can use his advice to get deep into the game.

7 minutes ago, HeleneL said:

I know Paul got in the house as soon as Kevin opted to get the $25K but I thought he automatically got the 3 week safety when he got in.  I don't recall a vote giving it to him.

Paul's 3 week safety was the first den of temptation vote, he did not get it automatically when he came in off Kevin taking the $25k.

19 minutes ago, JessicaRocks said:

Paul's 3 week safety was the first den of temptation vote, he did not get it automatically when he came in off Kevin taking the $25k.

Oh yes, thanks, I remember now.  Reading that it was a vote by the public threw me off. He got a necklace I think.

7 hours ago, joystiick said:

Yes, and even if he didn't win it, I'm sure CBS would miscount the votes to make sure he got the win. So, who knows if he really won it? He was guaranteed it regardless.

Lamest, most predictable season ever. I think it's time for CBS to cancel this show.

7 hours ago, JessicaRocks said:

The 25K temptation was also just for TV. I don't remember BB ever offering $25k as a prize in the game before. They made the prize a secret and big enough that they knew that someone would take it and Paul would enter the game. I am willing to bet that over half the hg clicked the button after Kevin. But as you can see, thinking is not the strong suit of this group and they all took too long to figure out that they would be fools to pass up 25k.   

8 hours ago, JessicaRocks said:

Yeah, I kinda believe BB planned it that way.  It may be that they were simply looking for a way to keep the veteran from being evicted immediately, but it seems to me they over-engineered it.  Might have been better if it were a 2-week safety instead of 3.  With 3 weeks, it was almost a given that Paul could worm his way into everyone's graces by then.

Now that I think about it - I'm wondering if the entire thing was thought up by and choreographed by BB: bring in a vet, give him 3 weeks of safety AND tell the vet to give invaluable advice for those 3 weeks making everyone think they can use his advice to get deep into the game.

Most of us feel same way, that this season has been a setup...handed to Paul on silver platter. Doesn't Paul's family live nearby?  One would imagine they are in same social circles with those involved in BB production/ownership.  Big sad mess IMO.  As has been said many times, they should have just handed Paul the check before season started and saved us the pain  of watching Satan's Spawn rule the minions and intentionally bully and verbally/mentally destroy others.  Although he was shrewd enough to manipulate others to do his bidding,  

I only started watching BB for 3 seasons and was enjoying the interactions but this year the blatant bullying and abuse was horrid,  And although BB shows broadcast don't show all disgusting behaviors, sexual/rape comments, and other deplorable things but haven't we all seen those videos online?  And seems all kids gave cells/computers on which they have access to all available?  It's all out there for all to see  And for kids to absorb into their minds and believe acceptable.

18 hours ago, JessicaRocks said:

Because they are all dim wits is why they seem to be OK with Paul winning.  Ive seen comps thrown before but how dumb can they all be??? They continue to throw the comps to whomever Paul wants them to throw it to.  Every time I see a glimmer of hope.....someone listens to Paul lol Side deal or no side deal why would a so called smart woman aka Ales throw the comp to Paul?  When all along she has said Jason is my right or die what a dummy unreal.  She doesnt have a clue by now that Paul is working everyone there???  Id never want to have a relationship with Paul inside that house or outside he is one smooth talker which leads me to believe lieing comes very easily to him so inside or outside Id never be able to trust him as a FRIEND.