Big Brother General Discussion

Um, it's a game.  Everyone should have known what they were getting into.  It's about acting (yes, it is) and manipulating and lying , along with using your brain and body to win comps..  As for Cody, I'd say "thank you for your service", but that doesn't give him carte blanche to be an ass to people.  If he's broken, he shouldn't be on the show.   And by the way, Megan is also a veteran.  Christmas is not.  She worked WITH the military, but didn't serve.

Blast away at me.  I've got thick skin.  :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Roli said:

Um, it's a game.  Everyone should have known what they were getting into.  It's about acting (yes, it is) and manipulating and lying , along with using your brain and body to win comps..  As for Cody, I'd say "thank you for your service", but that doesn't give him carte blanche to be an ass to people.  If he's broken, he shouldn't be on the show.   And by the way, Megan is also a veteran.  Christmas is not.  She worked WITH the military, but didn't serve.

I'm sorry but you're delusional. How is Cody being an ass? Paul, Raven, Xmas, and Alex have done more in the ass realm then Cody. How is Cody broken? You'd make a good minion for Paul. I watched the first 10 or so seasons of this show before getting bored with the format and walking away; this season is nothing like what the show was meant to be. I just watched the BS from yesterday on Youtube and I have to say that Jess held her ground while being attacked by the Gnome, Raven Lunatic and Alexandria the douche to the point I was impressed. The fact that Jody could sit on the hammock and ignore the bullying that Paul was orchestrating, and he clearly is, towards them was also impressive. And again, what did Cody do to Megan? He told her he didn't like her! Wow! Big freaking deal! If that makes him an ass in your book there is nothing I can say to help you. Josh berated Megan to the point she left the show. 

In the long run it doesn't matter. Paul, Alex, Xmas, Josh and Raven are first class a-holes. Matt, Mark, Elena, Jason and Kevin are weak and follow the majority. Cody and Jess are not innocent in this game but no one deserves the treatment they are getting. My only hope is to see some kind of justice in the house for the deplorable behavior that is being exhibited. 

39 minutes ago, Roli said:

What I read in the sympathy threads implies that it was wrong because it was done to Cody a veteran. I think it's wrong to do that to anyone. With that said I took a look at Megan's thread, the other vet with a trauma history and other than a few people,  no one gave a rat's ass when she was treated badly. I guess I have the same opinion as you with all this stuff.

On another note and unrelated to roli's post, I was wondering when it was approved for some posters  to curse out or blast other posters for stating  their opinions? I missed that memo.

49 minutes ago, WOC said:

In the long run it doesn't matter. Paul, Alex, Xmas, Josh and Raven are first class a-holes. Matt, Mark, Elena, Jason and Kevin are weak and follow the majority. Cody and Jess are not innocent in this game but no one deserves the treatment they are getting. My only hope is to see some kind of justice in the house for the deplorable behavior that is being exhibited. 

Completely agree - and Elena - wanting to see Cody's dog tags? seriously?  watching the entire house blindly follow Paul's "suggestions" as to what to do is frankly, quite terrifying - yes it is a game - but if I was in any way related to ANY of Paul's minions I would be absolutely horrified by their behavior - there are many ways to win this thing that does not involve them behaving like ignorant blind sheep - at first I thought that Paul must feel threatened at his position in the game - but this? this is the reaction of someone who is too afraid to do his own dirty work and relies on ignorant followers to do it for him - never liked him - now even more so - absolutely pathetic - all of them - right now I'm rooting for Jess and Cody - big props to then both for their reactions to this deliberate targeting by people who do not even realize they are being PLAYED  

25 minutes ago, graceomalley said:

Completely agree - and Elena - wanting to see Cody's dog tags? seriously?  watching the entire house blindly follow Paul's "suggestions" as to what to do is frankly, quite terrifying - yes it is a game - but if I was in any way related to ANY of Paul's minions I would be absolutely horrified by their behavior - there are many ways to win this thing that does not involve them behaving like ignorant blind sheep - at first I thought that Paul must feel threatened at his position in the game - but this? this is the reaction of someone who is too afraid to do his own dirty work and relies on ignorant followers to do it for him - never liked him - now even more so - absolutely pathetic - all of them - right now I'm rooting for Jess and Cody - big props to then both for their reactions to this deliberate targeting by people who do not even realize they are being PLAYED  

Paul reminds me of Charles Manson and his "Family" at Spahn's Movie Ranch .... But again we watch these shows that teach lie, cheat, bully, and steal to get what you want! 

1 hour ago, WOC said:

I'm sorry but you're delusional. How is Cody being an ass? Paul, Raven, Xmas, and Alex have done more in the ass realm then Cody. How is Cody broken? You'd make a good minion for Paul. I watched the first 10 or so seasons of this show before getting bored with the format and walking away; this season is nothing like what the show was meant to be. I just watched the BS from yesterday on Youtube and I have to say that Jess held her ground while being attacked by the Gnome, Raven Lunatic and Alexandria the douche to the point I was impressed. The fact that Jody could sit on the hammock and ignore the bullying that Paul was orchestrating, and he clearly is, towards them was also impressive. And again, what did Cody do to Megan? He told her he didn't like her! Wow! Big freaking deal! If that makes him an ass in your book there is nothing I can say to help you. Josh berated Megan to the point she left the show. 

Well, you're being harsh.  Sorry, but it's  a game and it's what the powers that be want it to be.  Whining about it is like whiring that a player tackled another player in football.  All of the HGs are there voluntarily.  And viewing it is voluntary too.  

Carry on. :D

7 minutes ago, Roli said:

Well, you're being harsh.  Sorry, but it's  a game and it's what the powers that be want it to be.  Whining about it is like whiring that a player tackled another player in football.  All of the HGs are there voluntarily.  And viewing it is voluntary too.  

You aren't delusional at all just because you have a difference in opinion (Which I happen to agree with) ... Than again maybe I'm also delusional and this entire season isn't even actually happening and I've been living in la la land! 

5 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

You aren't delusional at all just because you have a difference in opinion (Which I happen to agree with) ... Than again maybe I'm also delusional and this entire season isn't even actually happening and I've been living in la la land! 

Thanks! :)

25 minutes ago, Roli said:

Harsh? What happened to the thick skin? lol! I was being nice.

It's pretty easy for us to sit on the outside and watch on TV or our computer and judge these people but it's far from reality.  How would you react being in a house competing for half a million dollars, living with no internet, TV, family, or friends etc.  Perhaps your eating slop & sleeping on a spiked bed for a week or two straight (Maybe more).

The people in the house have said and done some nasty things over the years but it's Big Brother were you expecting something else?  Personally I'd rather you come say something to me directly whether I like it or not at least I know where we stand than have someone running behind my back spreading lies/rumours but we're all wired differently.  Either way in this house your probably going to get it both ways whether ya like it or not.

Are people mean yup without a doubt but it's pretty difficult to say how we would all react in the same scenario ... We'd like to think we could act the same way we would in our day to day lives but this isn't their regular day to day life they are playing the game of Big Brother ... Watch some of the UK Big Brother ... These cats aren't even close to the UK version of the show where Big Brother is a big instigator Haha.

Any way cheers folks enjoy the rest of the season it's just a game .... right?

3 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

It's pretty easy for us to sit on the outside and watch on TV or our computer and judge these people but it's far from reality.  How would you react being in a house competing for half a million dollars, living with no internet, TV, family, or friends etc.  Perhaps your eating slop & sleeping on a spiked bed for a week or two straight (Maybe more).

The people in the house have said and done some nasty things over the years but it's Big Brother were you expecting something else?  Personally I'd rather you come say something to me directly whether I like it or not at least I know where we stand than have someone running behind my back spreading lies/rumours but we're all wired differently.  Either way in this house your probably going to get it both ways whether ya like it or not.

Are people mean yup without a doubt but it's pretty difficult to say how we would all react in the same scenario ... We'd like to think we could act the same way we would in our day to day lives but this isn't their regular day to day life they are playing the game of Big Brother ... Watch some of the UK Big Brother ... These cats aren't even close to the UK version of the show where Big Brother is a big instigator Haha.

Any way cheers folks enjoy the rest of the season it's just a game .... right?

Completely agree. 

23 minutes ago, Roli said:

I didn't say I was offended by it.  If it makes you feel good to bash me,  go right ahead.  :D

I wasn't bashing you, just disagreeing.  You never offer up how Cody is being an ass, so that's your opinion and your welcome to it. If Cody is being an ass for sitting around and not talking to people I'd hate to imagine what you think of Paul (sarcasm)! I guess with some people it's ok to act anyway you want, even at the expense of others.

16 minutes ago, WOC said:

I wasn't bashing you, just disagreeing.  You never offer up how Cody is being an ass, so that's your opinion and your welcome to it. If Cody is being an ass for sitting around and not talking to people I'd hate to imagine what you think of Paul (sarcasm)! I guess with some people it's ok to act anyway you want, even at the expense of others.

You're right.  It's my opinion.  It's my opinion based on how he acted when he was HOH.  

I'm not a fan of Paul, but he's playing the game.  He has an actual personality.  He's interacting with more than one person.  Cody is a dud.  He is boring.  He would be in a much better position in the game if he was more social, especially when he was HOH.  And now he's destroying Jessica's game too,  which is her own fault because she has allowed it.

This is,  of course,  my opinion.   And you're entitled to your own opinion.  

The end. :rolleyes:

I never liked Paul. He's always had an ugly side of his personality and riling people up to gang up on someone is indefensible, even if it's a game. That's the very definition of poor sportsmanship.

And why the hell does it seem like the house is playing for jury and not for 500k? And why do Jess and Cody owe it to the rest of the house to sacrifice their gameplay to let them get to jury? How does Paul's logic make any kind of sense to anyone?

1 hour ago, Roli said:

You're right.  It's my opinion.  It's my opinion based on how he acted when he was HOH.  

I'm not a fan of Paul, but he's playing the game.  He has an actual personality.  He's interacting with more than one person.  Cody is a dud.  He is boring.  He would be in a much better position in the game if he was more social, especially when he was HOH.  And now he's destroying Jessica's game too,  which is her own fault because she has allowed it.

This is,  of course,  my opinion.   And you're entitled to your own opinion.  

The end. :rolleyes:

That's just it ... Cody from night 1 was a complete dud (Actually his death stare kinda made me chuckle a bit) - I want to like him in the game but it's really difficult when him & Jess just sit there and do absolutely nothing.  The battle between Cody & Paul is great and I for one think it benefits the show having both of them there ...

It would be much better if Cody would have a stronger social game and not have everyone against him & Jess ... Split the house in 2 and go to war ... Now that would be fun! :)

1 hour ago, Hikiki said:

I never liked Paul. He's always had an ugly side of his personality and riling people up to gang up on someone is indefensible, even if it's a game. That's the very definition of poor sportsmanship.

And why the hell does it seem like the house is playing for jury and not for 500k? And why do Jess and Cody owe it to the rest of the house to sacrifice their gameplay to let them get to jury? How does Paul's logic make any kind of sense to anyone?

When everyday people play a game for half a million dollars sometimes the gloves come off ... Call it poor sportsmanship but regardless they will all back stab each other for the big prize if they can grasp that they are playing a game.

Thank goodness that most of us agree re the torture this group wanted to rain upon Jody, especially Cody.  Yes, Cody & Jess have said hurtful things to people but who among them hasn't?  And so, all my positive thoughts will be for Jody to win this thing.  Certainly seems an impossible outcome, but hopefully I will see the rest fall on their faces...& get evicted.  Repulsive really.  I mean can we believe the entire group jumped on Paul's sadistic plan?!  Unbelievable.

13 minutes ago, Aldrich said:

Thank goodness that most of us agree re the torture this group wanted to rain upon Jody, especially Cody.  Yes, Cody & Jess have said hurtful things to people but who among them hasn't?  And so, all my positive thoughts will be for Jody to win this thing.  Certainly seems an impossible outcome, but hopefully I will see the rest fall on their faces...& get evicted.  Repulsive really.  I mean can we believe the entire group jumped on Paul's sadistic plan?!  Unbelievable.

I totally agree with you! I understand this is a game and people will lie and cheat but this mob mentality this is taking it to another level plus attacking Cody's Military Character even Evil Dick said don't do that. Paul is a low individual but so are his lil minions like Josh. Josh is a tool I feel embarrassed to find out he's cuban as well and acts like that a complete joke he's not one of us that's for sure. Mark I think is the most reasonable person he knows when he does wrong and admits it and yeah he cries and what not but he defends himself and not even Elena backs him up.

41 minutes ago, Americano said:

I totally agree with you! I understand this is a game and people will lie and cheat but this mob mentality this is taking it to another level plus attacking Cody's Military Character even Evil Dick said don't do that. Paul is a low individual but so are his lil minions like Josh. Josh is a tool I feel embarrassed to find out he's cuban as well and acts like that a complete joke he's not one of us that's for sure. Mark I think is the most reasonable person he knows when he does wrong and admits it and yeah he cries and what not but he defends himself and not even Elena backs him up.

Yeah, at least Mark didn't join in. I don't recall Matt, Kevin, Elena or Jason yelling at Jody either during the attacks yesterday. I don't think they did at least. Hopefully this will have them thinking about how they play their game. 

5 hours ago, ToneLoc said:

Paul reminds me of Charles Manson and his "Family" at Spahn's Movie Ranch .... But again we watch these shows that teach lie, cheat, bully, and steal to get what you want! 

Yes, Paul is Charles Manson incarnate.  And as Manson's 'family' killed, knifed a baby from the mom as she was begging for life, etc., it seems this group is the same.  

Playing the game is one thing but Paul's devious evil actions are frightening. Derrick played great game, Nicole won, I believe, due to so many who experienced Paul's vicious plans & manipulations.  And so they chose a floater so that The Demon didn't get $500,00.  Hopefully same will happen this season, if he gets that far.

1 hour ago, Aldrich said:

Yes, Paul is Charles Manson incarnate.  And as Manson's 'family' killed, knifed a baby from the mom as she was begging for life, etc., it seems this group is the same.  

Playing the game is one thing but Paul's devious evil actions are frightening. Derrick played great game, Nicole won, I believe, due to so many who experienced Paul's vicious plans & manipulations.  And so they chose a floater so that The Demon didn't get $500,00.  Hopefully same will happen this season, if he gets that far.

Wow.  Equating Paul to Charles Manson is a stretch.  And ridiculous.  Reminder:  It's a game.  Nobody is going to get killed.  SMH

1 hour ago, Roli said:

Wow.  Equating Paul to Charles Manson is a stretch.  And ridiculous.  Reminder:  It's a game.  Nobody is going to get killed.  SMH

It is getting rather ridiculous ... I get people don't like Paul for whatever reasons but my goodness Manson yuck!

The worst part is suddenly Mark is getting the free pass even though he's the only one that actually committed what is technically an assault on another human being .... If Paul had done that I think some folks would be screaming for an automatic eviction from the game .... Funny game this Big Brother is ;)

11 hours ago, WOC said:

100% ITA